Module 5 Rules and suggestions Unit 1 You should keep to the path.
rule suggestion keep to rope stream clear starving lead the way
规则;规章 建议 沿着……走 绳子 小河; 溪 明白清楚的 非常饿的; 饥饿难耐的 领路; 带路
No… . / Don’t … . / You should/shouldn’t …. / you must/mustn’t…. / you have to../don’t have to…
Some library rules:
I don’t know how to learn English. Can you give me some suggestions?
You should / shouldn’t… Why don’t you…/Why not …? How/What about …?
You’d better (not)….
Can you give me some suggestions?
I will be late for school…
I don’t know the way…
I am ill…
I am too fat….
keep together go off on your own
school trip rules and suggestions
go rock climbing
drink the water from a stream
climb the Great wall
keep to the path walk along the edge
You might fall and hurt yourself.
think about your personal safety
?rules and suggestions ?规则与建议
?keep together ?待在一起
?go off on one’s own ?独自走掉
?go rock climbing
?drink the water from the stream ?喝小河里的水 ?climb the Great Wall ?爬长城
?personal safety ?个人安全
?hurt yourself ?伤害自己
用适当的情态动词填空。 1. We _____ must keep together when we are out. mustn’t go off on our own when we 2. We _______ are together. 3. We _____ can go rock climbing when we go to a mountain, but we _____ must use ropes. 4. When you go out for a picnic, you must/ ______ should have the right shoes. must keep to the path when we climb 5. We _____ the Great Wall. must walk along the edge because 6. We _______ we might _____ fall and hurt yourself.
2. Listen and answer the questions.
Use the words and expressions to help you.
countryside 乡下 cross edge everybody 穿过 边沿 每个人 keep 保持
personal safety noon rope stream 个人安全 中午 绳子 溪，小河
Choose the best answer.
1. The conversation probably takes place ________.
2. Mr. Jackson gives a lot of rules and
suggestions, so he probably ____.
3. The children might hurt themselves if
_____. 4. Before they have lunch, _______. 5. Daming needs a rest probably because ______.
Choose the best answer.
1. The conversation probably takes
a) in the classroom before the walk
b) at the start of the walk along the Great Wall c) at the end of the walk
2. Mr. Jackson gives a lot of rules and suggestions, so he probably ____. a) is nervous about walking along the Great Wall b) has never been to the Great Wall
c) has a lot of experience in walking
in the countryside
3. The children might hurt themselves
a) they walk along the edge b) they go off on their own c) drink all the water before lunch
4. Before they have lunch, _______. a) they probably have to walk three or four hours b) they have to be very careful c) they can go rock climbing
ing needs a rest probably
a) he has walked too far
b) he’s hurt
c) he’s lazy
5. Make notes about Mr. Jackson’s rules and suggestions. You must Keep to the way; Use rope for climbing;
have the right shoes; walk along the edge You mustn’t go off on your own
You should You shouldn’t
drink all the water
go rock climbing; cross the stream and You can climb up to the top of the mountain; take a look across the countryside You can’t
You have to
go off on your own think about personal safety