内 容： Unit 5 It must belong to Carla!
课 型： Revision
1.属于 1.belong to 2.古典音乐 2.classical music 3.实在太….. 3.much too 4.在约会 4.at an appointment 5.占据，构成…. 5.make up 6.期末考试 6.final exam 7.由于，因为….. 7.because of sth. 8.给…的礼物 8.a present for… 9.赶(班)车 9.catch the bus
10.跑步来锻炼 10.run for exercise 11.打电话报警 11.call the police 12.隔壁邻居 12.next door 13.从….逃脱 neighbor 14.上、下车 13.escape from…
15.假装 14.get on/off 16.全世界 to do 15.pretend 17.用光，用完 16.around the world 18.独自up 17.use
Whose notebook is this?
It belongs to Wang Gang. belong to “属于” 此句相当于 It is Wang Gang’s.
He can’t be Bill Gate. 译为“也许，可能”， 后接动词原形。 他不可能是比尔 . 盖茨。 must在此表示猜测， He may be Liu Xiang. 译为“肯定，极可能”， 他也许是刘翔。 后接动词原形。 He must be Liu Dehua. 他极有可能是刘德华。
can’t在此表示猜测， 译为“不可能”，后接 Who is the man? 动词原形。 may 在此表示猜测，
Oh, yes. He is Liu Dehua.
He can’t be _______.
He could/might be _______. Jackie Chan He must be __________.
“must，can/ could，may/ might + 动词原形”常用 来表示对现在或将来发生情况的推测。
① must 只用于肯定句中，表示“一定、肯定”。其否定 mustn’t 表“不准、禁止、不可以”等。如： He never takes a taxi. He must be very poor. 他从不乘出租车，他一定很穷。 ② can/ could 多用于否定句或疑问句中，偶尔用于肯定句 中，表示一种可能性。如： Michael can’t be a policeman，for he’s much too short. 迈克不可能是警察，因为他太矮了。 ③ may/ might 通常用于肯定或否定陈述句中。当表示某 事可能发生时，可用could，may，might .如： I’m not sure. I may/ might go to the concert instead. 不太确定，我有可能去参加音乐会。
must 一定, 肯定；(probably) could 能，很可能；(possibly) might 或许；大概(perhaps/maybe) can‘t 不会， 不可能。
Things owners possibility reason
2 French book
1.______________________________________________ It must be Carla’s. It has her name on it.
It could belong to Fred. He studies French. 2.______________________________________________ It might be Alice’s. She plays the guitar. 3.______________________________________________
4.______________________________________________ It can’t belong to John. It’s too small for him.
1.情态动词must, may , might, could, can’t表示推测含义与用 法后面都接动词原形，都可以表示对现在情况的揣测和推断但他们 含义有所不同
must 一定 肯定 (100%
的可能性) may, might, could有可能，也许 can’t 不可能，不会 (20%－80%的可能性)
The dictionary must be mine. It has my name on it.
The CD might/could/may belong to Tony because he likes listening to pop music. The hair band can’t be Bob’s. After all, he is boy!
2. whose 谁的
如：Whose book is this? This is Lily’s.
3. belong to 属于 to me.
如： That English book belongs
当play 指弹奏乐器时，常在乐器前用定冠词 play the piano
play the guitar violin
play football play basketball
5. if引导的条件状语从句，主句用一般将来时， 从句用一般现在时代替将来时 如： If you don’t hurry up, you’ll be late. 如果你不 快点，你将会迟到
6. if you have any idea== if you know 如果你知道
7. on 关于（学术，科目）
8. try to do sth. 尝试做某事
如： I try to climb the tree. 我尝试爬树。
9. because of , because because of + 名词/代词/名词性短语 because + 从句 如： I do it because I like it. 我做这件事是因为我喜欢。 I had to move because of my job. 因为工作的原因我得搬家。 10. own v.－owner n. learn v.－learner n. listen v.－listener n.
11. catch a bus 赶公车
13. local 当地的
如：local teacher 当地的教师
15. call the police 报警
如：Quick! Call the police! 快！叫警察！
16. anything strange 一些奇怪的东西
当形容词修饰something, anything, nothing, everything等不定代词时，放在这些词的后面
17. there be sb./ sth. doing 如： cat eating fish. There is a
There must be something visiting our home.
18. escape from …从哪里逃跑出来
He escaped from the burning building. 他从燃 烧的大概中逃出来。 19. an ocean of + 名词 ocean of energy. 极多的，用不尽的 如：an
20. unhappy 不高兴的 反义词 happy 高兴的 21. final adj. 最后的 finally adv. 最后地 22. dishonest 不诚实的 反义词 honest 诚实的。 23. get on 上车 get off 下车 24. use up 用光、用完 如：They have used up all the money. 他们已经用完了所有的钱。 25. attempt to do 试图 如： The boys attempted to leave for Beijing. 男孩子们试图想去北京。
26. wake 动词 唤醒 常用的词组：wake up 意为醒来 如： Please wake me up at 8 o’clock. 请在8点钟叫醒我。 27. look for 寻找 指过程 find 找 指结果 如：I am looking for a pen. 我正在找一支笔。（指找的过程） I found my pen just now. 我刚刚找到了我的笔。（指找的结果）
28. hear 听 指听的结果 listen 听 指听的过程 如：Did you hear ? 你听到了吗？（指听的结果，听或没听到） I
often listen to the music. 我经常听音乐。（指听的过程）
29. try one’s best to do sth. 尽某人的最大努力去做某事 如：He tried his best to run. 他尽他的最大努力去跑。
30. 名词所有格 名词所有格的构成有两种形式 ①是在名词后面加 ’s 或是以s结尾 的名词，只在名 词的后面加 ’ 如：Ann’s book 安的书 our teachers’ office 我们老师们的办公室 注：双方共有的所有格，只在后面一个名词加’s, 如： Lily and Lucy’s father 莉莉和露西的爸爸（她们 的爸爸是同一个人） ②有…of …介词短语表示无生命东西的所有格 如： a picture of my family 我家人的相片 有时也有’s表示无生命的东西的所有格 如： today’s newspaper, the city’s name
1. --Whose volleyball is this? --It must belong to__. A. Jack B. Jack’s 2. --There is __ snow outside, and it’s ___ cold. A. much too B. too much
3. –The earring might be a present __ A. to B. for C. of
4. –The book is on Lily’s desk. __ A. Might B. May be
it is hers. C. Maybe
5. –The tiger may regards people as__ to eat. A. good something B. something delicious
1. Choose the best answer
1. I didn’t hear the phone. I ___ asleep. A. must be B. must have been C. should be D. should have been 2. Mary ____ be in Paris. I saw her in town only a few minutes ago. A. mustn’t B. shouldn’t C. can ’t D. may not can’t
3. Peter ____ come with us tonight, but he isn’t very sure yet. A. must B. may C. can D. will 4. I thought you ____ like something to read, so I have brought you some books. A. may B. might C. could D. must
1. She is a creative girl. She plays (D) ___ guitar and __ football very well. A. the,the B. the,a C. a,the D. the, /
(C) bad for your eyes. 2. Watching TV is __
He has (A) __ friends. He spends (B) __ time with them. So he falls behind. A. too many B. too much C. much too D. many too .
( )1. The books belong to ____. A. him B. his C. he's ( )2. --Whose T-shirt is this? --It ___ be John's. It's too small for him. A. must B. might C. can't ( )3. Look! It might rain later. You should be careful ____ the rain. A. of B. for C. on ( )4. They look the same. They ____ be twins. A. might B. must C. could ( )5. He ___ be in the garden. He must be in the room. A. can't B. mustn't C. may not
( )6. I didn't ride to school _____ the strong wind. A. because B. because of C. so ( )7. --Why is the man running in the street? --He _____ for exercise. A. might run B. might be C. might be running ( )8. The prisoner _____ the prison. The police are looking for him everywhere. A. is put into B. escaped from C. chased after ( )9. --What is behind the tree? --There must be a dog ______ there. A. to sit B. sit C. sitting ( )10. When we talk about the computer, he pretends ______ an expert (专家). A. being B. to be C. becoming
Fill in the blanks:
classical 1. He enjoys old songs, he loves ________ music. (class)
rench 2. Frenchmen come from_______, they speak________. (法)
3. We use “could” or “might” to show that we think possibly something is _________ true. (possible) final 4. ________, he fortunately passed the________exam. (最后) Finally
neighbors 5. We are all good _________ and we are happy to live in such a friendly ___________. (neighborhood) neighborhood
owns 6. Mr. Wang __________ a large factory, and he is also the owner _________ of a big company. (own)
Sentence pattern shifting:
1. The car is his =He____ the car.=The car _____ _____ him.
2. Liu Xiang is his favorite athlete.=He____Liu Xiang_____.
3. She is studying French, she is the only one to do this. =She is the only one _____ ____ French.
4. Many people get to work late because the traffic is bad =Many people get to work late _____ _____ the bad traffic 5. Why is the man running, do you know? =Why do you think _____ _____ _____ running? 6. She has had a car accident. =A car accident____ ____ to her.
7. It might mean you’re afraid of too much work. =_____ it _____ you’re afraid of too much work.
8. He feels anxious before he gets on the plane. =He feels anxious _______ _______ on the plane. 9. English is popular in the (whole) world. =English is popular ______ the world. =English is popular ______ ______ the world. 10. He can’t solve the problem all alone. = He can’t solve the problem all _____ _____.
1. The owner may be a boy.(否定句） The owner ________ can’t ________ be a boy. 2. She's worried because of her test. (提问) _______ she worried? Why ________ is 3. The new book belongs to me now. (提问) _______ Who _______ does the new book ________ belong _____ to now? 4. She may be good at Japanese.（过去时） might _______ be She ________ good at Japanese. 5. The dictionary is my father's.（提问） ________ dictionary? Whose _______the is
must belong to Zhang Jie This French book ________ ______ ______ because he is the only student ______ who is studying French. 2. 我梦见我在花海中畅游 In my dream I was swimming __________ in ____ _____ __ the ocean of flowers. 3. 你不能把一个假装睡觉的人叫醒。 wake_____ up a person who is ____________to pretending You can't _____ be ________. asleep 4. 因为错误太多，他考试不及格。 failed the exam _______ because______ of lots of _______. mistakes He ______ 5. 他跑步不可能是为了赶地铁。 can’t be running to ______ catch ____ a __________. subway He ______
1. 这本书一定是李雷的。他正在找 这本书。 This book must be Li Lei’s. He is looking for it. 2. 这个发带可能是韩梅的。她喜欢 戴发带。 The hair band could be Han Mei’s. She likes wearing a hair band.
3. 这个玩具熊可能是约翰的妹妹的。 她还是个小姑娘。 The toy bear might belong to John’s sister. She is a little girl
. 4. 这个排球不是玛丽的。她根本不喜 欢排球。 The volleyball can’t be Mary’s. She doesn’t like playing volleyball at all.