Unit 2 I’ll help to clean up the city parks
1. sick 生病的，有病的；可在句中作表语Mary could not come because she is sick.也可作定语a sick child
【区别ill】ill与sick同义；但是只在句中做表语，不做定语。Mary could not come because she is ill.
2. cheer (sb.) up（让某人）变得高兴；振奋起来The good news cheered up everyone in our class.
3. give out分发；散发，相当于hand out，The teacher is giving out/ handing out the test papers.
give sth. out to sb. 意为。
4. volunteer 【名词】志愿者 【动词】义务做，自愿做（某事）volunteer to do sth.，
The girls could volunteer in an after-school study program.
5. used to do sth.过去/曾经(常)做某事，表示过去的习惯、动作或状态，并强调现在已经不再存在或发生。 There used to be a cinema here.
They told me stories about the past and how things used to be.
6. alone 【形容词】独自一人的，无感情色彩：The musician enjoyed living alone and writing songs himself. lonely （感到）孤独寂寞的，带有很强的感情色彩，可做表语或定语。The lonely boy is not lonely now.
7. care for sb./sth.照顾；照料??
care 【名词】小心，关心take care of=look after →【动词】care about sb./sth.关心，在意某人/事 →【形容词】careful/ careless→【副词】carefully
8. such “这样的，这种，如此”，用于修饰名词
such+ a/ an+形容词+单数名词：such a good day/such an exciting match
such+形容词+复数名词/不可数名词：such important decisionssuch delicious food
如果名词前被many, much, few, little修饰时，只能用so，而不用such：so many sick children/ so little time
9. try out for…参加?选拔，争取成为?Thirty football players tried out for the Best Player of the year. try out试用，试验
10. journey 【名词】（尤指长途）旅行，行程；trip【名词】多指短途旅行；
travel【名词、动词】travel around the world →【名词】traveler旅行者
11.【复习】be busy with sth. be busy doing sth.
12.【复习】try doing sth. try to do sth. try one’s best (to do sth.)
13.【复习】be worried about sb./ sth. = worry about sb./ sth.
14. raise money集资，筹钱；raise money for…为??筹钱
17. make it possible (for sb.) to do sth.使（某人）做某事成为可能，You helped to make it possible for me to have Lucky. make it +形容词(+for sb.) to do sth. 使（某人）做某事成为?；think/find it +形容词to do sth.
18. make a difference to…对??有影响；对??有作用，difference前可以用no, any, some, much等修饰，如 The rain made no difference to the game. Hard-working makes much difference to study.
19. difficulty【可数/不可数】表示抽象意义的“困难”时为不可数；表示具体的“难题、难事”时为可数； have difficulty (in) doing sth.= have trouble (in) doing sth.
20. train【动词】训练，trained为过去分词，可做定语，意为“受过训练的”a trained dog
21. be excited about sth.，Everyone is excited about the good news.
22. order【名词】命令，指示；顺序，次序【动词】订购；点（菜）follow the order，。
23. change【动词】变化，改变It’s hard for a person to change his life(style). 【名词】变化；零钱
change A for B用A换成B：When you travel in China, remember to change US dollars for RMB.
24. repair 【动词】修理，修补； fix【动词】安装；使固定 【fix up修理=repair】
1. several 2.satisfaction 3. understand 4. imagine 5. train
1. give up (doing) 2. give out 3. give away 4. give in
1. give up 4. fix up 7. get up 10.take up (doing sth.)
2. clean up 5. set up 8. stay up (late)
3. cheer up 6. put up 9. come up with
1. give out 3. try out 5. eat out 7. find out 9. come out
2. hand out 4. go out 6. hang out 8. get out of
常用句型：It +be+adj./n.+(for/of sb.) to do sth./It takes sb. some time to do sth.
B. 作宾语——动词want, decide, hope, ask, agree, choose, learn, plan, need, teach, prepare…常接动词不定式作宾语。
C. 作（后置）定语——常用于“have/has＋sth.＋to do”或“enough＋名＋to do”“It’s time to do sth.”等结构中。
D. 作宾语补足语——tell, ask, want, invite, teach, like, call等可接带to的动词不定式作宾语补足语，构成tell/ask/want /call/invite sb. to do sth.结构。【注意】动词不定式作使役动词和感官动词的宾语补足语时应省去to：“一感(feel)，二听(listen to, hear)，三让(let, make, have,，四看(look at, see, watch, notice)，半帮助(help)”。 E. 动词不定式作状语
主要用来修饰动词，表示目的，结果或原因。为了强调目的，有时可以把动词不定式放在句首，或在不定式前加in order (to) 或so as (to) “为了，目的是”。常用结构有too + adj./adv. + to do sth.等。
常见的有：had better (not) do sth./Would you like to do sth.?/Why not do sth.?/Would you please (not) do sth.?等。 专项训练题*
1. _______ is difficult to work out the maths problem. A. This B. That C. It D. Its
2. We decided _______ at the end of this month. A. travel B. not start out C. to leave D. going
3. They have no paper_______. A. to write B. to write with C. write on D .to write on
4. Let him _______ a rest. I think he must be tired after the long walk. A. has B. have C. to have
5. _______the computer is a problem. A. How to use B. What to use C. Where to use D. Which to use
6. The teacher told us _______in bed. A. don’t read B. read not C. to not read D. not to read
7. The old man was _______angry _______ say a word. A. so, that B. as, as C. too, to D. very, to
8. Why _______home tomorrow? A. not go B. not going C. not to go D. didn’t go
9. The TV set is too loud. Will you please _______? A. turn down it B. turn it down C. to turn it down
10. It’s cold outside. You had better _______ your coat. A. to put on B. putting on C. puts on D. put on
1. It took half an hour _______(get) to the World Park from Kitty’s school.
2. It was interesting _______(see) so many places of interest from all over the world.
3. They want _______(save) time by using shorter words and phrases.
4. Kitty’s classmate Daniel taught himself how _______(make) a home page.
5. Things _______(do) in Beijing. 6. He made the girl _______(cry) yesterday.
7. He put his photos on it for everyone _______(look) at.
8. Help him _______(put) the photos in the correct order.
9. It’s time for class. Please stop _______(talk).
10. I’d like _______(go) to the Temple of Heaven.