Read the e-mail from your pen pal Tom in the US. Fill in the blanks with the words in the box.
kilometers get to takes walk boring leave
Hi, Peter, How are you? Thank you for your last email. You want to know how I get _____ to school, right? Well, I usually ______ leave my home at about 8:00 and _____ walk to the bus stop.
The school bus usually comes at about 8:15. kilometers from my My school is about 20 __________ takes about 40 minutes to get home. It _____ boring there by bus. The bus ride is never _______ because I always talk to my classmates. What about you? How do you get to school? Tom
1. 2. 3. 4.
Write an e-mail to Tom and tell him how you get to school. These question may help you.
When do you leave home? How do you get to school? How far is it from your home to school? How long does it take you to get to school? 5. Do you like your trip to school?
1. 先根据自己的实际情况回答五个提示问题。 2. 将五个答语连成一段连贯的文字。 3. 适当发挥自己的想象, 写出其他可能的句子。 4. 按e-mail的写作格式, 先向对方进行问候, 或 客套。然后, 将以上文字整理成一篇小信件。 5. 最后, 再通读一遍自己的作品, 看有没有错误 或不通顺的地方。就大功告成了！
1. When do you leave home? I leave home at half past seven. _______________________________ 2. How do you get to school? First I walk to the subway station. _______________________________ Then, I get to school by subway. _______________________________
3. How far is it from your home to school?
___________________________________ It’s about ten kilometers.
4. How long does it take you to get to school? It takes about half an hour. ___________________________________ 5. How is your trip to school? It’s interesting. ___________________________________
One possible version Dear Tom, How are you? Thank you for your last e____________________________________ mail. I know how you get to school. Now ____________________________________ let me tell you how I get to school. I ____________________________________ usually leave home at half past seven. ____________________________________ First, I walk to the subway station. Then I ____________________________________ take the subway to school. My school is ____________________________________ about ten kilometers from my home. ____________________________________
It usually takes me about half an hour to ____________________________________ get to school. I usually meets many ____________________________________ friends. So my trip is interesting , too. ____________________________________ Peter
Use the words in the boxes to form as many expressions as possible.
take a bus, by bus, take a train, by train _________________________
take, walk ride, drive by
ride a bike, by bike _________________________ take the plane, by plane bus, train, car, _________________________
bike, plane, subway, boat
___ take the subway, by subway take a boat, by boat walk _________________________
Look at the chart below. Write at least 2 five questions. Then answer the questions with the information in the chart.
Who Where How How far How long
Tony from home to by bike 5 km 20 minutes school Mary from home to by bus 15 km 40 minutes the library
How does Tony get to school? He gets to school by bike. __________________________________
Possible questions and answers:
1. How far is it from Tony’s home to school? ___________________________ It’s seven kilometers. 2. How long does it take Tony to get to It takes about ten minutes. school? ___________________________ 3. How does Mary get to school? She gets to the library by bus. ___________________________
4. How far is it from Mary’s home to the library? It’s about fifteen kilometers. ___________________________ 5. How long does it take Mary to get to school? ___________________________ It takes about forty minutes.
How does Tony get to school? Tony is my good friend. He lives about seven kilometers from school. He usually gets to school by bike. It usually takes about ten minutes.
How does Mary get to the library? Mary is my good friend. ______________ She lives about ___________________________________ fifteen kilometers from the library. She ___________________________________ usually takes the bus to the library. It ___________________________________ takes about forty minutes to get to the __________ library.
ride 旅程；旅行 bus ride 汽车旅程 train ride 火车旅程 subway ride 地铁旅程 My bus ride is very boring. 我的公共汽车旅程很无聊。 The train ride takes us five hours. 火车旅程花费了我们五个小时。
1. --- _____ How do you get to school? --- I walk but sometimes I take ____ the bus. How _____ long does it take? 2. --- ____ takes about 30 minutes ____ on ____ foot --- It _____ and 10 minutes ___ by _____. bus (走路30分 钟坐公交10分钟)
3. --- ____ How___ far is it _____ from your home to school? --- It’s three miles. 4. --- _____ How _____ long does it take you from home to school? --- It _____ takes twenty minutes.
你妈妈如何去你姥 姥家。请你根据实 际情况，来写一下 她的出行情况。
Useful expressions: First, … takes … to … Next, … gets to … by … Then, Finally, It takes about … minutes /hours. It’s about … kilometers / miles. The bus ride takes … minutes / hours.
Thank you very much!