( ) 1 The meeting didn't start___ everyone was there.
A. because B. until C. why D. if
( ) 2 The boy ___ to bed ___ his mother came in.
A. went not; until B. didn't go; after C. went; until D. didn't go; until
( ) 3 I won't believe you___ I have seen it with my own eyes.
A. before B. until C. after D. when
( ) 4 He ___ home ___ she was satisfied ___ his answer yesterday.
A. didn't go; until; with B. wasn't go; after; to
C. doesn't go; before; with D. didn't go; until; to
( ) 5 He ___ back until the work ___ done.
A. isn't; will be B. isn't; is C. won't be; will be D. won't be; is
( ) 6 They didn't start the work ___ their teacher came back.
A. until B. while C. as soon as D. if
( ) 1 Tom will call me as soon as he ___ Shanghai.
A. arrives B. will reach C. arrives in D. get to
( ) 2 I'm sure he'll come to see me before he ___ Beijing.
A. will leave B. is leaving C. leave D. leaves
( ) 3 I will tell him the news as soon as he___ back.
A. come B. comes C. will come D. came
( ) 1 Tom has got a watch. He ___ it for two years. It _______ by his father.
A. has bought; was bought B. has got; is bought ,
C. was bought; has bought . D. has had; was bought "'
( ) 2 When he got to the station, the train ___.
A. left B. had left C. leaves D. has left
( ) 3 The boy told his father what he ___ in the street.
A. saw B. have seen C. had seen D. see
( ) 4 We ___ TV when the telephone ____.
A. watched; was ringing B. were watching; rang
C. watch; rings D. are watching; rang
( ) 5 By the end of last term, I___ ten books.
A. had finished reading B. have finish reading
C. had finish to read D. finish read
( ) 1 I ___ you for a long time. Where ___ you ___?
A. didn't see; did; go B. didn't see; have; gone
C. haven't seen; have; been D. haven't seen; have; gone
( ) 2 Tom___ China for 3 years.
A. has been B. has been in C. has been to D. has been at
( ) 3 I won't go to see the film tonight, because I ___ my ticket.
A. lost B. have lost C. will lose D. didn't lose
( ) 4 -Hello! May I speak to Bob?
-Sorry, but he ___ for a month.
A. had been away B. was left C. left D. has been away
( ) 5 I ___ him since I began to live in the city.
A. know B. have known C. knew D. will know
( ) 6 Zhao Lan ___ already ___ in this school for two years.
A. was; studying B. will; study C. has; studied D. are; studying
( ) 1 Betty didn't go to see the film yesterday ___ she was ill.
A. because B. but C. until D. if
( ) 2 May I sit nearer___I can see more clearly?
A. as if B. so that C. even if D. so
( ) 3 ___ you work hard, you will certainly succeed.
A. Though B. If C. Because D. For
( ) 4 ___ he came to study in the university, he has made much progress in the study of English.
A. While B. When C. Since D. After
( ) 5 I'd like to go swimming _____ the water is not too cold.
A. for B. unless C. if D. whether
( ) 1 There are ___ many league members in class 2 ___ in Class 4.
A. both; and B. 'so; that C. either; or D. as; as
( ) 2 -Do you have a big library?
-No, we don't. At least, not___yours.
A. as big as B. as big than C. as bigger than D. bigger as
( ) 3 Suzhou is not ____ beautiful ____ Hangzhou.
A. as; than B. so; as C. even; than D. /; than
( ) 4 Iron is more useful ___ any other metal.
A. as B. than C. then D. so
( ) 1 I want to know ___ she is going to see a film.
A. if B. that C. what D. which
( ) 2 You are sure to pass the exam ___ you study hard.
A. if B. thoughC. that D. since
( ) 3 I'll go to see the film with you___I have time this evening.
A. whether B. so C. if D. when
( ) 4 ___ you study harder, you'll never pass the final exam.
A. If B. Until C. Unless D. Except
( ) 1 Although it was raining, ----still worked in the fields.
A. but they B. and they C. they D. and yet they
( ) 2 ___ there were only five soldiers left at the front, ___ they went on fighting.
A. Because; so B. If; and C. Though; but D. Though; /
( ) 3 ___ she is very old, ___ she can still work eight hours a day.
A. Because; so B. Though; but C. As; yet D. Though; yet
( ) 1 Please answer the question in a loud enough voice ___ all the class may hear.
A. so, that B. or C. in order that D. and
( ) 2 Lift it up___I may see it.
A. though B. so that C. as D. than
( ) 3 I hurried___I wouldn't be late for class.
A. so B. so that C. if D. unless
( ) 4 We should go by bus ___ we can get there earlier.
A. as soon as B. where C. in order that D. as
( ) 1 The dictionary is so expensive ___ I can't buy it.
A. because B. when C. that D. if
( ) 2 I got there ___ late ___ I didn't see him.
A. too; to B. such; that C. so; that D. so; as
( ) 3 It is ___ hot in the room ___ we have to go out for a walk.
A. such; that B. so; that C. as; as D. such; as
( ) 4 He has___ an interesting book that we want to read it.
A. so B. such C. the same D. as
1. 1-6 B D B A D A
2. 1-3 C D B
3. 1-5 D B C B A
4. 1-6 C B B D B C
5. 1-5 A B B C C
6. 1-4 D A B B
7. 1-4 A A C C
8. 1-3 C D D
9. 1-4 C B B C
10. 1-4 C C B B
(1)时间状语从句常用when, as, while, before, after, since, till, until, as soon as等连词来引导。例如：
It was raining hard when got to school yesterday.
While he was doing his homework, the telephone rang.
As he walked along the lake, he sang happily.
He had learned a little Chinese before he came to China.
After he finished middle school, he went to work in a factory.
(2)在时间状语从句里，通常不用将来时态，用现在时态表示将来的动作或状态。例如： I’ll ring you up as soon as I get to New York.
I will tell him everything when he comes back.
He won’t believe it until he sees it with his own eyes.
(3)在带有till或until引导的时间状语从句的主从复合句里，如果主句用肯定式，其含义是“一直到??时”，谓语动词只能用延续性动词。如果主句用否定式，其含义是“直到??才??”, “在??以前不??”, 谓语动词可用瞬间动词。例如：
The young man read till the light went out.
Let’s wait until the rain stops.
We won’t start until Bob comes.
Don’t get off until the bus stops.
What shall we do if it snows tomorrow?
Don’t leave the building unless I tell you to.
(2)在条件状语从句里，谓语动词通常用现在时态表示将来的动作或状态。例如： I’ll help you with your English if am free tomorrow.
He won’t be late unless he is ill.
(3)“祈使句 + and (or)+ 陈述句” 在意思上相当于一个带有条件状语从句的复合句。例如： Hurry up, or you’ll be late.
=If you don’t hurry up, you’ll be late.
Study hard and you will pass the exam.
=If you study hard, you will pass the exam.
(1)原因状语从句通常由because, since, as引导。例如：
He didn’t come to school because he was ill.
As it is raining, we shall not go the zoo.
Since you can’t answer the question, I’ll ask someone else.
------Why aren’t going there?
------Because I don’t want to.
As he has no car, he can’t get there easily.
Since we have no money, we can’t buy it.
You will stay healthy _______ you do more exercise, such as running and walking.
A. if B. how C. before D. where
---Shall we go on working?
---Yes, _________ I prefer to have a rest.
A. when B. if C. because D. though
None of us knew what had happened _________ they told us about it.
A. when B. until C. after D. though
---I hope you’ll enjoy your trip, dear!
---Thank you, mum. I’ll give you a call _________ I get there.
A. until B. as soon as C. since D. till
答案：B。该题考查的是引导状语从句的从属连词的选择。本题的意思是“一到那里，我就给你打电话。”要表达这个意思应选用as soon as。
1. _______ he’s old, he can still carry this heavy bag.
A. Though B. Since C. For D. So
2. ---Do you know if he _______ to play basket ball with us?
---I think he will come if he ______ free tomorrow.
A. comes; is B. comes; will be C. will come; is D. will come; will be
3. In the zoo if a child _____ into the water and can’t swim, the dolphins may come up ______ him.
A. will fall; to help B. falls; to help
C. will fall; help D. falls; helping
4. I don’t remember ________ he worked in that city when he was young.
A. what B. which C. where D. who
5. We will stay at home if my aunt ________ to visit us tomorrow.
A. comes B. come C. will come D. is coming
6. The police asked the children _______ cross the street ________ the traffic lights turned green.
A. not; before B. don’t; when C. not to; until D. not; after
7. I was late for class yesterday _______ there was something wrong with my bike.
A. when B. that C. until D. because
8. I’ll go swimming with you if I ________ free tomorrow.
A. will be B. shall be C. am D. was
9. In the exam, the ________ you are, ______ the _______ mistakes you will make.
A. careful; little B. more careful; fewest
C. more careful; fewer D. more careful; less
10. You should finish your lessons _______ you go out to play.
A. before B. after C. when D. while
11. I hurried _____ I wouldn’t be late for class.
A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless
12. When you read the book, you’d better make a mark _______ you have any questions.
A. which B. that C. where D. though
13. The teacher raised his voice _______ all the students could hear him.
A. for B. so that C. because D. in order
14. He took off his coat _______ he felt hot.
A. because B. as C. if D. since
15. It is ______ that we’d like to go out for a walk.
A. a lovely day B. too lovely a day
C. so lovely a day D. such lovely a day
16. Mary had ______ much work to do that she stayed at her office all day.
A. such B. so C. too D. very
17. _______ I felt very tired, I tried to finish the work.
A. Although B. Because C. As D. As if
18. ______ the day went on, the weather got worse.
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
19. ______ well you can drive, you must drive carefully.
A. So long as B. In order that
C. No matter how D. The moment
20. Write to me as soon as you ________ to Beijing.
A. will get B. get C. getting D. got
I am not angry with him, _______ _______ ______ jokes he ______ on me.
Mrs. Bruce was _______ kind to her students ______ they ______ her _____ their mother.
Our parents will be pleased with our performance _____ _____ ______ we try our best.
Will you please call me ______ ______ ______ you get to Shanghai.
The seven-year-old girl likes playing the piano ______ ______ ______ she has kept
practicing for two years.
_______ _______ ______ _______, she kept on learning English by herself.
He wants to be a journalist ______ _______ _______ _______.
_______ _______ windy or rainy, our teacher is always the first to get to school.
______ ______ ______ _____ _______ to protecting the environment, the world will become much more beautiful.
Li Ming didn’t come to school _______ _______ ______ ______.
一. 1.A 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.A 6.C 7.D 8.C 9.C 10.A 11.B 12.C 13.B 14.A 15.C 16.B 17.A 18.D
二. 1. no matter what; plays 2.so; that; regarded; as 3. as long as 4. as long as
5. so much that 6. Though she was busy 7. when he grows up 8.Whether it’s 9. If everyone makes a contribution 10. because he was ill
1. I haven't heard from him _____ he went to America.
2. He won't be here _____ he is invited.
3. He will not go to the cinema _____ he is very busy.
4. We found the key _____ she lad left it.
5. We found the books two days ____ he had gone away.
6. We had no sooner got to the station _____ the train left.
7. He speaks English ______ he were an Englishman.
8. He is explaining clearly _______ they could understand.
9. Do not leave the room _____ you have finished the test.
10. She sang ______ she went along.
1. The children were running on the playground as fast as they can.
2. Since her husband had died，so she had to support her family.
3. He won't go out until his mother will come.
4. He was very foolish that he didn't pass such an easy exam.
5. Tom had gone out as soon as his mother got home.
6. It was three months since he came to our school.
7. The playground of our school is larger than their school.
8. The streets in Nanjing are wider than Shanghai.
9. Whatever there is plenty of sun and rain，the fields are green.
10. She sings songs as if she is a bird.
1. It depends on whether we have enough time.
2. The question he asked was where the electrical equipment should be stored.
3. The mountain is no longer what it used to be.
4. The fact that she works hard is well known to us all.
5. He was not the man that he was before.
6. Now you was free，why not go swimming with us？
7. Where there are schools and colleges，there are examinations.
8. Bad habits，once firmed，are difficult to give up.
9. She often wears the same kind of skirt as her twin sister does.
10. The moment he opened the window，a bird flew in.
1. ____ will do the experiment comes to the professor's office.
2. ___ will do the experiment hasn't been decided.
3. The teacher didn't leave ______ twelve o'clock.
4. ______ the day went on，the weather got worse.
5. _____ she is young，she knows quite a lot.
6. It worried her a bit ____ her hair was turning grey.
7. You will be late ____ you leave immediately.
8. Go and get your coat. It's ______ you left it.
9. ______ is mentioned above，the number of the students in senior high schools is ncreasing.
10. ____ had I entered the room ____ the phone rang.
1. Is this the watch for which he is looking now？
2. This is all which I can do for you.
3. Do you know the old man at the back of the room，whom has been chosen head of the factory.
4. I want to know the way which you learn new words.
5. Can you tell me that there's a bookstore near here？
6. Our school quite different from that it was before.
7. If she likes the present is not clear to me.
8. For she is ill，she hasn't come to school.
9. It gave him so a big shock that his face turned pale.
10. He is cleverer than any boy in his class.
I、1. since 2. unless 3. because 4. where 5. after 6. than 7. as if 8. so that 9. before 10. as
II、1. can 改为could 2. 去掉so 3. will come改为 comes 4. very改为 so 5. as soon as 改为when 6. was 改为is 7. than 之后加上that of 8. than 后加 those in 9. whatever改为 wherever 10. is改为 were
1. whether we have enough time 介词宾语从句
2. he asked 定语从句 where the electrical equipment should be stored表语从句
3. what it used to be 表语从句
4. that she works hard 同位语从句
5. that he was before 定语从句
6. Now you was free 让步状语从句 now= now that
7. Where there are schools and colleges 地点状语从句
8. once firmed 时间状语从句
9. as her twin sister does 定语从句
10. The moment he opened the window 时间状语从句
IV、1. Whoever 2. Who 3. until 4. As 5. Although 6. that 7. unless
8. where 9. As 10. Hardly，when （ No sooner，than ）
V、1. for 放在looking 之后 2. which 改为 that 3. whom 改为who 4. which改为 how 5. that改为 whether 6. that 改为what 7. If改为 Whether 8. For改为Because 9. so改为 such 10.any 后加other
［考题1］ I had just steeped out of the bathroom and was busily drying myself with a towel ____ I heard the steps. (2006湖南)
A. while B. when C. since D. after
［解析］ 下划线处表示 “正在这时， 突然??”， 四个选项中只有when可以表示此含义。 ［考题2］ He was about halfway through his meal ____ a familiar voice came to his ears. (2006辽宁)
A. why B. where C. when D. while
［解析］ 下划线处表示 “正在这时， 突然??”， 四个选项中只有when可以表示此含义。 ［考题3］ We were swimming in the lake ____ suddenly the storm started. (2004北京春)
A. when B. while C. until D. before
［解析］ 题意为“当我们正在湖里游泳的时候突然暴风雨开始了”， 表示主句的动作处于从句的动作突然发生时应采用when(while不适合用于这样的语境)， when表示“当??的时候”受限制条件最少。
［考题4］ — I’m going to the post office.
— ____ you’re there, can you get me some stamps? (1999)
A. As B. While C. Because D. If
［解析］ 主句中“get me some stamps”的动作发生在时间状语从句“you’re there”的过程之中， 因此应选while表示这一时间关系(属于while引导时间状语从句的两大基本用法之一)。注意： as有时也可用于表示主句的动作发生在从句动作的过程中， 但这一用法不是as引导时间状语从句的主要用法， 表示主句的动作发生在从句动作的进行过程中时用while更为常见， 因此B选项是最佳选项。
［考题5］ ____ the days went on, the weather got worse. (1990)
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
［解析］ 表示“the days went on”、 “the weather got worse”两个相互伴随地进行变化的动作， 应选as表示这一时间关系(while不适合用于这样的语境)。
［考题6］ Tom ____ into the house when no one ____. (1992)
A. slipped; was looking B. had slipped; looked
C. slipped; had looked D. was slipping; looked
［解析］ 题干当中的when表示“当??的时候”， slip表示“偷偷地、 悄悄地移动”， 在本题中表示非延续性的动作——“溜进了教室”的结果， 不适合用进行时态表示。第一个下划线处应填入slipped， 以一般过去时客观描述在过去某一时间上发生的动作； look表示延续性的动作， 可以持续进行， 所以第二个下划线处应填入was looking， 以过去进行时描述汤姆溜进教室的大背景。
注意： 如果主句的动作发生于表示“当??时”的时间状语从句中的动作的进行过程中， 从句常用进行时。例如： The landlady suspected that someone must have broken into the house when/while/as she was watching TV show. 女房东怀疑在她看电视时曾有人闯入屋里。
When/While/As Tom was reading, Jim was arrested. 在汤姆看书的时候， 吉姆被逮捕了。 ［考题7］ I ____ along the street looking for a place to park when the accident ____. (2006安徽)
A. went; was occurring B. went; occurred
C. was going; occurred D. was going; had occurred
［解析］ 根据题干句子含义， 事故发生于当我沿街行驶、 寻找停车之处的时候； 从句的动作发生在主句动作的过程中。主句的谓语动词go表示非延续性的动作， 可以持续进行， 应选用过去进行时的形式， 从句的谓语动词为非延续性动词， 应以一般过去时的形式表结果。 ［考题8］ He was told that it would be at least three more months ____ he could recover and return to work.
A. when B. before C. since D. that
［解析］ 表示“他康复并返回工作岗位之前至少还需要三个月”， 下划线处应选用before。 ［考题9］ It was some time ____ we realized the truth.
A. when B. until C. since D. before
［解析］ 题干意为： 过了一段时间我们才意识到真相。下划线处应填入表示“在??之前”的连词。
［考题10］ — How long do you think it will be ____ China sends a manned spaceship to the moon?
— Perhaps two or three years.
A. when B. until C. that D. before
［解析］ 下划线处所在的宾语从句采用一般将来时， 题干中第一句话问将来某一活动之前的时间， before最为适合。
［考题11］ — Why didn’t you tell him about the meeting?
— He rushed out of the room ____ I could say a word.
A. before B. until C. when D. after
［解析］ 根据题干中第一句话的提示， 第二句话中的“he rushed out of the room”发生于“I could say a word”之前。
［考题15］ They ____ the train until it disappeared in the distance. (1998)
A. saw B. watched C. noticed D. observed
［解析］ 题干中的主句为肯定句， until需要跟主句里肯定形式的表延续性动作的谓语动词连用， 因此本题应选表示延续性动作的watched(其他选项中的saw， noticed， observed所表示的动作都不能延续， 意味着结果)。
［考题16］ —Was his father very strict with him when he was at school?
—Yes. He had never praised him ____ he became one of the top students in his grade. (2003北京春)
A、 after B.unless C.until D.when
［解析］ until跟主句里否定形式的、 表非延续性动作的谓语动词连用时， 表示“直到??才(开始)”， 本题应选until与主句中的“never praised”对应， 表示“他的父亲直到他成为年级里的尖子生之一时才开始称赞他”。
［考题18］ — What was the party like?
— Wonderful. It’s years ____ I enjoyed myself so much. (1993)
A. after B. before C. when D. since
［考题19］ They ____ friends since they met in Shanghai. (1989)
A. have made B. have become C. have been D. have turned
［解析］ 题干中的since表示“自从??以来”， 主句中的谓语动词应该表示从他们在上海相遇至今的持续性的动作， 因此下划线处应填入可以表示持续性状态的have been(其他选项中的made、 become、 turned所表示的动作都不能延续， 意味着结果)。
［考题1］ Small sailboats can easily turn over in the water ____ they are not managed carefully. (2007上海)
though B. before C. until D. if
［解析］ 根据全句意思， “they are not managed carefully”应表示一种假设， 因此下划线处应选用if引导条件状语从句。
［考题2］ In time of serious accidents, ____ we know some basic things about first aid, we can save lives. (2006重庆)
whether B. until C. if D. unless
［考题3］ I would appreciate it ____ you call back this afternoon for the doctor’s appointment. (2003上海春)
until B. if C. when D. that
［考题4］ It is known to all that ____ you exercise regularly, you won’t keep good health. (2005重庆)A。unless B. whenever C. although D. if
［解析］ 本题应选意为“如果不， 除非”的unless表示假设。
［考题5］ Most birds find it safe to sleep in the trees, but ____ they have eggs or young chicks, they don’t use a nest. (2007湖南)
A． why B. how C. unless D. where
［解析］ 综合整句的意思， 下划线处应表示“除非??”含义的假设。
1） ___she is young, she knows quite a lot.
A. When B. However C. Although D. Unless
［考题1］ We had to wait half an hour ____ we had already booked a table. (2007辽宁)
A. since B. although C. until D. before
［解析］ 下划线处之后所述的“我们已经预订了一桌”与前面所述的“我们已经不得不等了半个小时”之间语意相反， 四个选项中although表示“即便??”， 引导让步状语从句最为合适。
［考题2］ ____ most of the earth’s surface is covered by water, fresh water is very rare and precious. (2006上海春)
A as B. Once C. If D. Although
［解析］ 句意为： 虽然地球表面覆盖着水， 但是纯净水仍然很稀有、 珍贵。下划线处应引导让步状语从句， 填入although最为合适。
［考题3］ ____ he has limited technical knowledge, the old worker has a lot of experience. (2006)
A. Since B. Unless C. As D. Although
［解析］ 下划线处应引导让步状语从句， 填入although最为合适。
［考题4］ Although he is considered a great writer, ____. (1991)
A. his works are not widely read B. but his works are not widely read
C. however his works are not widely read D. still his works are not widely read［答案］ A
［解析］ 英语不允许在连词although、 though引导的让步状语从句之后的主句句首重复使用连词， 如果要在复合句中强调某种特别的意义， 可以在主句的句首加上yet、 still等副词。例如： Although she has a lot of money, (yet/still) she is not happy. 虽然她很有钱， 但是她并不快乐。
本题题干中没有通过特定的语境暗示需要对主句进行特别强调， 因此只需用although引导让步状语从句即可， 不必在主句的句首加副词(更不能在主句的句首加连词)。注意： 本题中的works指“作品、 著作”， 例如表达“莎士比亚的作品”可以用“the works of Shakespeare”。 ［考题5］ There was never any time for Kate to feel lonely, ____ she was an only
A. ever since B. now that C. even though D. even as
［解析］ 下划线处应引导让步状语从句， 四个选项中只有even though可以引导让步状语从句。
［考题6］ Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice, ____ they knew it to be valuable. (2007浙江)
A. as if B. now that C. even though D. so that
［解析］ “Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice”和“they knew it to be valuable”意思相反， 四个选项中引导让步状语从句的even thoug最为适合。
［考题7］ Allow children the space to voice their opinions, ____ they are different from your own. (2005湖南)
A. until B. even if C. unless D.as though
［解析］ 题干句意为： 让孩子们有发言的空间， 即使他们的观点与你的不同。从句与主句为让步关系， 应由even if 引导从句。