大多数的形容词都有三个级别：原级、比较级、最高级。其中比较级表示“更……”，用于两者之间的比较，用来说明“前者比后者更……”，比较级前面一般用much, even, a little修饰，其中even, much 只能修饰比较级。最高级表示“最……”，用于三者及三者以上之间的比较，用来说明“某人或某物在某个范围内最……”
still, even, any, quite(a bit), almost, nearly, just, rather；a little, a bit；much, a lot, far, many；twice, ten times, one fourth, two pounds, three years
1. I can't run any ____________(far). Shall we stop for a while?
3. ______________ (hard) you study, ____________ (good) you will be at English.
4.--Which do you like ____________ (well), English, Maths or Chinese?
--English is my favorite subject.
5. Our country is becoming _______________ and ________________ (beautiful).
① He is as tall as I/me. 他和我一样高。
He is as good a teacher as his father.他和他的父亲一样是个好教师。
② A≠ BThey didn?t do as/so much work as you did. 他们干得事没有你多。
I?ve never seen as/so old a car as this.我从来没有见过像这样旧的车。
③ A > B 或
Tom is two years older than his brother. 汤姆比他的弟弟大两岁。
Our classroom is bigger than theirs. 我们的教室比他们的大。
表示倍数This room is twice as large as that one. 整个房间是那房间的两倍大。
The earth is 49 times as big as the moon.地球是月球的49倍大。
The days are getting shorter and shorter.白天变得越来越长了。
Our country is becoming more and more beautiful.我们的国家变得越来越美了。 ⑥ 表示两种情况同时变化
The more we get together, the happier we?ll be.=If we get together more, we?ll be happier. 我们聚得越多，我们就会越高兴。
The harder you study, the better you?ll be at English.= If you study harder, you?ll be
better at English.
⑦ Beijing is one of the oldest
cities in China.北京是中国最古老的城市之一。
⑧ Ann studies hardest of all the girls in our class.安妮是我们班学习最用功的学生之一。
Lily is the taller of the twins.莉莉是这两个双胞胎中较高的那个。
He is taller than any other student in his class.他比他班级中其他的任何学生高。 = He is taller than any of the other students in his class.
= He is the tallest students in his class.
1. It is not so______________ (beautiful) as the one back home.
2. Li Lin is not as______________ (active)as he used to be.
3. The air pollution is much______________ (serious)in our city than in theirs.
4. This is one of the______________(delicious)dishes in this restaurant. 5. Judy got the______________(many)new ideas of all the students here.
Stand up, please. = Please stand up. 请起立。
（2）Be + n./adj.
Be a good boy! 要做一个好孩子! Be careful! = Look out! = Take care! 小心 / 当心！
（3）Let + 宾语 + 动词原形 + 其它成分
Let me help you. 让我来帮你。 Let?s go to school together. 咱们一起上学去吧。
(1) Don't + 动词原形
Don't stand up. 别站起来。
Don't be careless. 别粗心。
Don't let them play with fire. 别让他们玩火。
(2) Let型的否定式有两种:“Don't + let + 宾语 + 动词原形 + 其它成分”和“Let + 宾语 + not + 动词原形 + 其它成分”。
Don't let him go. / Let him not go. 别让他走。
Let them not play with fire. 别让他们玩火。
No smoking! 禁止吸烟!No fishing! 禁止钓鱼!
例如：Do shut up! 快住口！
4. 祈使句的回答 祈使句的动作通常是表示将来发生的动作，所以回答祈使句时，一般用 will或won?t。
2) 意思相反(即Yes是 “不”的意思；No是 “是”的意思)。
如：--- Don?t go out, please. It?s raining heavily outside. 请不要出去。外面雨下得很大。 ---- Yes, I will. I have to meet my brother at the airport. 不行，我得去机场接我弟弟。
如：Lucy, don?t be late again.
Lucy, a 17-year-old girl, is not late again.
3、祈使句与or的搭配， 如：Hands up, or we?ll shoot.
1. _______ late again, Bill! A. Don't to be B. Don't be C. Not be D. Be not
2. _______ cross the road until the traffic lights turn green.
A. Not B. Won't C. Doesn't D. Don't
3. Kate, _______ your homework here tomorrow.
A. bring B. brings C. to bring D. bringing
4. ________ me the truth, or I'll be angry. A. Telling B. To tell C. Told D. Tell 5 .Her doctor said: “________ work so hard”
A Stop B Don?t C Can?t D No
6. Sindy, ________ to be here at 8 o?clock A is sure B is sure that C will be sure D be sure
7.________ when you cross the road.
A Do care B Care C Do be careful D To be careful
8. ________ in bed. It?s bad for your eyes.
A Not to read B Don?t read C Don?t to read D Not read
9 ______ tell a lie. A Hardly B Not C No D Never
1. 用于第一人称疑问句，表征询意见。如：Should I open the window? 我可以开窗户吗？
如：You should do what your parents tell you. 你应该照你父母的话去做事。 He should do some work, but he doesn?t want to.他应该做些工作，但是他不想做。 也可指现在。如：
You shouldn?t be sitting in the sun. 你不应该坐在阳光下。
It?s 4:30. They should be in New York by now. 现在是四点半，他们应该到达纽约了。
（二）had better用法讲解 1. had better的基本用法特点
You?d better get some sleep．你最好去睡一会儿。 We had better go before it rains. 我们最好在下雨前就去。 2. had better如何构成否定式和疑问式
构成否定式时，通常将not置于had better之后(而不是had之后)；而构成疑问式时，则通常将had(而不是had better)置于主语之前。如： I?d better not disturb him．我最好别去打扰他。 What had we better do? 我们最好怎么办?
【注】在否定疑问句或反意疑问句中可将not与had连用。如： Hadn?t we better go now? 我们是不是现在就去呢? 3. had better后接进行式
有时后接动词的进行式，表示最好马上做某事如： I?d better be going．我想我最好还是马上走。
You?d better be getting your clothes ready. 你最好马上把衣服准备好。 【趁热打铁】 句式转换： You You You We?d 单选
( )1. This dictionary belongs to Rita. You ____________ it home without letting her know. A. had better not to take B. shouldn?t take C. needn?t take D. shouldn?t be taking ( )2. This is a very important project，so you _______ plan it very carefully. A. should B. will C. dare D. need
( )3. You had better ________ football near the street，it?s very dangerous. A. not to play B. don?t play C. not play D. to not play
( )4. Our money is very limited， so you ___________ so much money on so dear a skirt. A. shouldn?t spent B. shouldn?t be spending C. needn?t spent D. won?t spend
should had should better
go better dress the
句)__________________________________________________________ 句)____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ 问)___________________________________________________________
一些动词，如want, decide, hope, ask, agree, choose, learn, plan, need, teach, prepare,等，常接动词不定式作宾语。当动词不定式作宾语时，如果后接宾语补足语，常用it作形式宾语，而把真正的宾语放在宾语补足语之后。应注意有些动词后面可接不定式作宾语，也可接动名词作宾语，但所表达的意义不同。
常见的有：（1）stop to do sth.停止正在做的事，去做另一件事；stop doing sth. .停止正在做的事
（2）go on to do sth. 做完一件事后，继续做另一件事；go on doing sth.继续
（3）remember/forget to do sth.记住／忘记去做某事；remember/forget doing
有一些动词后面后面是省略to的情况，如see, watch, look at, hear, make, let, help等。 常考词组：expect to do 期望做。 refuse to do 拒绝做。 plan to do计划做。 decide to do 决定做。
agree to do 同意做。 learn to do 学会做。 hope to do 希望做。 prepare to do 准备
want to do 想做。 choose to do 选择做。 wait to do 等待做。wish to do 希望
动词不定式作状语主要用来修饰动词，表示目的，结果或原因。为了强调目的，有时可以把动词不定式放在句首，或在不定式前加in order或so as。常用结构有too + adj./adv. + to dosth.等。
1. It took half an hour _______(get) to the World Park from Kitty?s school.
2. It was interesting _______(see) so many places of interest from all over the world.
3. They want _______(save) time by using shorter words and phrases.
4. Kitty?s classmate Daniel taught himself how _______(make) a home page.
5. He put his photos on it for everyone _______(look) at.
6. Help him _______(put) the photos in the correct order. 7. He made the girl _______(cry) yesterday.
8. It?s time for class. Please stop _______(talk). 9. I?d like _______(go) to the Temple of Heaven.
英语的简单句有五种基本句型：掌握这五种基本句型，是掌握各种英语句子结构的基础。 主＋谓； 主＋谓＋宾；
1、过去进行时表示过去某段时间内持续进行的动作或者事情。常用的时间状语this morning, the whole morning, all day yesterday, from nine to ten last evening, when, while例如：
（1）We were watching TV from seven to nine last night. 昨天晚上七点到九点的时候我们在看电视。
（2）What was he researching all day last Sunday? 上周日他一整天都在研究什么？
2. 过去进行时可以表示在过去某个时间点发生的事情。时间点可以用介词短语、副词或从句来表示。如： What was she doing at nine o'clock yesterday?
When I saw him he was decorating his room.
1) 掌握过去进行时was / were + doing 表示过去某个时刻正在进行的动作，其肯定、否定和疑问形式如下：
when 和 as 既可以指某一点时间，也可以指某一段时间，其从句谓语动词表示的动作既可以是瞬间性的，也可以是延续性的；
while指一段时间，从句的谓语动词必须是延续性的。即：指一段时间时，when、while和as 都可用；指一点时间时，只能用when 或as，不能用while。试比较：
When / As he woke up, it was eight o?clock. (/)
While he woke up, it was eight o?clock. (X)
When/ While/As I was waiting for a bus, I met her. (/)
When he finished his homework, he played the computer games for a while.
When I got to the museum, the door was closed.
当我赶到博物馆时，大门已经关上了。（got to 后发生）
While/ As I was sleeping, the telephone rang.
当我睡觉时，电话响了。（was sleeping 和rang同时发生）
当主句、从句动作同时发生且从句动作为延续性动词时，when 、while和as 都可使用。 When/ While/ As she was making a phone call, I was writing an email.
When/while/As we were reading, a stranger came in.
They were rowing boats while we were climbing the hill.
It began to rain heavily while we were having dinner.
(1). We were swimming in the lake _____ the rain started yesterday.
A. when B. while C. until D. before
(2).We are going to the post office. ____ you?re there, can you get me some stamps?
A. As B. While C. Because D. If
(3). Babies sleep l6 to l8 hours in every 24 hours, and they sleep less __ they grow older.
A. while B. as C. when D. after
但是若强调某个动作正在进行中时，又发生了别的动作，用when从句。when从句必用过去进行时，主句用一般过去时。(表示在when从句正进行期间又发生了主句的动作) 此时, when= while，表时间段。 如:
When/While the students were reading, the teacher came into the classroom.
While my parents were watching TV last night, I went home.
若主、 从句两个延续动作同时进行，用while, 则主与从句都用进行时, 此时，while译为“而”“一边,一边”, 如:
1. 他正在读书而我正在学习。 He was reading the newspaper while I was studying.
2.贝贝正在唱歌, 而萍萍正在跳舞。 Beibei was singing while Pingping was dancing.
3. 她一边听歌一边做作业。 She was doing her homework while she was listening to music.
People were running wildly while pieces of glass and bricks were falling down.
5. Suzy 正在堆雪人而Kitty 在她旁边站着看。 Suzy was making a snowman while Kitty was standing beside her.
1. What ______ your brother ________ (do) at nine o?clock last night?
2. They ______________ (listen) to music at that time.
3. When I saw him, he _____________ (search) the Internet.
4. They ______________ (discuss) a problem in the meeting room at this time yesterday.
5. ______ Amy ________ (visit) the Science Museum from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. yesterday? Exercise 2
1. My wallet dropped on the ground _______ I was running.
2. __________ I was falling asleep, there was a loud knock on the door.
3. __________ he was reading, an earthquake started.
4. Were the students listening to the teacher carefully _________ the teacher was giving a lesson?
5. _________ the telephone rang, I became nervous.
掌握while 和 when在过去进行时中的用法：表示两个持续性的动作在过去同时发生用while，when后接一个短暂性的动作。持续性的动作用过去进行时，短暂性的动作用一般过去时。e.g.：
I was doing my homework while my father was watching TV..
The bell rang while he was reading books.
When the bell rang, he was reading books. (以上这两句主从句前后可以互换)
Jim hurt his arm while［when， as］ he was playing tennis. 吉姆打网球时把手臂扭伤了。 As［When， While］ she was waiting for the train， she became very impatient. 她在等火车时，变得很不耐烦。
I always listen to the radio while I’m driving. 我总是一边开车一边听收音机。
He didn’t ask me in; he kept me standing at the door while he read the message.
He swung his arms as he walked. 他走路时摆动着手臂。
It was raining hard when [as] we arrived. 我们到达时正下着大雨。
When [As] he came in, I was listening to the radio. 他进来时，我在听收音机
【趁热打铁】 1. I ______ a meal when you _____ me.
a. cooked, were ringing b. was cooking, rang c. was cooking, were ringing d. cooked, rang
2. He said he _____ to draw a plane on the blackboard at that time.
a. tries b. tried c. was trying d. will try
3. While she ______ TV, she ______ a sound outside the room.
a. was watching, was hearing b. watched, was hearing c. watched, heard d. was watching, heard
4. They _____ a football game from 7 to 9 last night.
a. were watching b. watch c. watched d. are watching
5. What book ____ you ______ when I ____
you at four yesterday afternoon?
a. did, read, was seeing b. did, read, saw c. were, reading, saw d. were, reading, was seeing
6. It was Friday evening. Mr and Mrs. Green _____ ready to fly to England.
a. are getting b. get c. were getting d. got
7. Lei Feng _____ always _____ of others when he ______ in the army.
a. is, thinking, was b. was, thinking, is c. did, think, is d. was, thinking, was
8. A girl ______ my pen fall off the table when she _____ me.
a. saw, passed b. was seeing, passed c. was seeing, passed d. was seeing, was passing
9. We ____ for tom at ten last Sunday. He often kept us ______.
a. were waiting, waiting b. were waiting, wait c. waited, waiting d. waited, wait
10. He ____ his father on the farm the whole afternoon last Saturday. a. helps b. would help c. was helping d. is helping
( )1.—Help＿＿＿to some fruits. —Thank you.
A. yourself B. your C. You
( ) 2. —Will you take part in the English speech competition tomorrow?
—A. myself B. me C. yourself D. you
A. myself B. yourself C. yourselves
( ) 4. — I could look after ____ when I was five. — Really? I can?t believe it.
A. myself B. herself C. himself D. yourself
( ) 5. --- Help ________ to some cakes, Jim. --- Thanks a lot.
A. you B. yourself C. yourselves
( ) 6. —Yesterday I lost my pencil sharpener. I couldn?t find_______.
—Oh, it?s a pity. You?d better buy _____ this afternoon.
A. it; it B. it; one C. one; it D. one; one
( ) 7. —Who is the man over there? —He is an old friend of _________ .
A.I B. my C. mine D. me.
( ) 8. I don?t want to read this book. There is _______ in it.
A. something interesting B. nothing interesting C. interesting nothing
( ) 9. I like houses near the seaside, but I don?t have enough money to buy ________.
A. it B. this C. that D. one
( ) 10. Now Old Henry is very sad, so he doesn?t want to do _________.
A. something B. nothing C. anything D. everything
( ) 11.—Mom, I am thirsty. Where is ______ cup? —Is this______? —Yes, thank you.
A. mine; yours B. my; your C. mine; your D. my; yours
( ) 12. --- It was a heavy snow last night. Are we all here now?
--- Yes, and _____ of us was late for school.
A. all B. either C. neither D. none
( ) 13. ---Is this computer ______, Mike? ---- No, it?s not mine. I think it?s _____.
A. your; Lily?s B. yours; Lily C. yours; Lily?s D. your; Lily
( ) 14. --- Does Jim often chat with his friends on the telephone or cell phone?
--- ____. He likes using QQ.
A. Either B. None C. Neither D. All
( ) 15. We didn?t learn _____ in this lesson.
A. something new B. new something C. anything new D. new anything
( ) 16.--- Congratulations！you draw it ? A. yours; in B. yours; on C. you; in D. you; on children?s education more than anything else.
A. their B. them C. theirs A. me B. you C. mine D. yourself
( ) 19. —Which one do you want to buy, an ipod touch 4, an ipad 3 or an iphone 5?
—____. They are too expensive.
A. All B. Both C. None D. Neither
( ) 20.I don't like _____of the sweaters. Please show me a third one. A. both
C. one D. all
A. that B. this C. it D. one
( ) 22. All the students were tired, but ________ of them stopped to have a rest.
A. both B. neither C. none
( ) 23. Daniel taught _____ how to make a home page.
A. herself B. yourself C. himself D. itself
( ) 24.Please help ____ to some fish. A. you B. me C. yourselves D. Tom
( ) 25. Those Young Pioneers can put on there coats ___.
A. themselves B. herself C. yourselves D. himself
比较级 ( ) 21. I think _____ necessary for students to take an inter est in all subjects. B. either
一、单项选择 ( ) 1. Daniel scored _____ points in the exam in his class.
A. less B. the least
C. the fewest B. little D. fewer D. few ( ) 16. Don?t worry. There is _____ time left. A. a little C. a few
( ) 12. There are __________ people over there. What's happening?
A. few B. little C. a little D. a few
( ) 10. Kitty has ____ money than Simon.
A. more B. the less B. the more C. the least D. less D. some ( ) 11. Daniel scored _____points of the three. C. the most
( ) 1___ I look at the picture, ____ I like it.
A. The best; the more B. The more; the less C. The more; less D. More; the more
( ) 2 ___ he read the book, ____ he got in it.
A. The more; the more interesting B. The less; the more interesting
C. The more; the more interested D. More; more interested
( ) 3 ___ you come back, _____ it will be.
A, The quicker; the best B. The sooner; the better C. Faster; the better D. The sooner; better
( ) 1 When spring comes, it gets____.
A. warm and warm B. colder and colder C. warmer and warmer D. shorter and shorter
( ) 2 By and by, ____ students in our class came to like English.
A. more and more B. much and much C. many and many D. less and least
( ) 3 At last he began to cry ___.
A. hard and hard B. more hard and more hard C. harder and harder D. less hard and less harder
( ) 4 When spring comes the days get ____ and nights ____.
A. short; long B. long; short C. longer; shorter D. shorter; longer
( ) 12. English is one of____ spoken in the world.
A. the important languages B. the most important languages
C. most important language D. the most important language
( ) 13. Beijing is one of____ in China.
A. the largest city B. the large cities C. the larger cities D. the largest cities
( ) 14. Most of the woods ____ been taken good care of. A. are B. is C. has D. have
( ) 17 The tree is ___ in the garden.
A. the taller B. the tallest C. taller than of-all D. tall.
( ) 18. Which is___, Li Lei or Wu Tong?
A. strong B. strongest C. stronger D. the strongest
( ) 19. Which language is____, English, French or Japanese?
A. easy B. the most easy C. the easiest D. much more easy
( ) 20. Which is____interesting, science, maths or English?
A. more B. the most C. very D. too
( ) 21. Which city is____, Beijing, Shanghai or Fuzhou?
A. beautiful B. more beautiful C. much more beautiful D. the most beautiful
( ) 32. Which month is____, June, July or August?
A. hot B. hotter C. hottest D. the hottest
too many、too much、much too用法区别及巩固练习
( ) 1. Today，_____trees are still being cut down somewhere in the world．
A．much too B．too much C．many too D．too many
( ) 2. Look！There's _____ice on the lake．
A．too much B．much too C．a lot D. too many ( ) 3. The sweater is very beautiful，but it's _____dear． A．too much B．much too C．many D．more
( ) 4. These shoes are much too _____for me． A．big B．bigger C．biggest D．the biggest
12. Travelling by air is much ________ than travelling by train. (expensive)
13. He spoke too ____for us to follow. Have you ever heard a person who speaks ___ than
14. This photo is very ________, but that one is ________ than this one. (old)
15. My friend doe How ________ (care) he is listening to the teacher!
16. I play football as _________ (good) as him.
17. I am ________ (real) happy to see you here.
18. Mike doesn?t feel ________ enough today, but I believe he?ll be ________ tomorrow. (well) 介词用法：
( ) 1. They will go to the USA _______ a car.
A. by B. in C. at D. with
( ) 2. How funny the weather is ! What about _____softball?
A. practice play B. practise playing C. practicing playing
D. practice playing the
1. What about ________ (play) football? 2. They invited me______ (join) in _______ (skate).
3. He was late for school because of ________ (get) up late. 动词的固定搭配
1. We decide ____________ (go) to the cinema tomorrow afternoon.
2. ---Who ____________ (teach) you English? ---Mr Wu did.
3. There ____________ (be) two football matches , aren?t there ?
4. I?m very tired. Let?s stop _________ (have) a rest.
5. We always have a great time ________ (chat) with each other.
6. What do you plan _______ (do) during the winter holidays?
7. I hope you _____ (get) better grades in the next test. 8. She finished _______ (make) a card before 9 p.m.
9. I have a great time _______ (chat) with her after school.
10. They always have a great time ______ (chat) with their e-friends on the Internet.
11. Most of children enjoy ________ ( eat ) fruit and vegetables. 12. It’s interesting _______(play) hide-and-seek.
13. It is important ________ (learn) geography and history well.
14. My father makes me _______ (work) all day. 16. Tell her_______(open) those windows.
( ) 1. ---How much did you _______ for these books? ---I _______ about one hundred
B. spend; took C. pay; spent B. costs C. pays D. cost; spent D. yuan on these books. A. take; cost (
( ) 3. It _______me two hours to do homework every day.
A. took B. costs C. takes D. Spends
( ) 4. He likes listening to music on the radio, but he can?t _____too much time ___it.
A. pay, for
1. It takes them an hour to play baseball.（用spend改写）
2. I spent two hours finishing the work last night (同义句)
It ____________ ____________ two hours ____________ ____________ the work last night.
3. I spend two hours _________ (do) my homework every day.
4. Every morning I spend about half an hour _______ (read) English.
5. I spend an hour doing my homework every evening. And Kate spends two hours.（合并一句）
Kate spends ______time doing her homework ______ I every evening.
1. My cousin practices _________ (read) English every morning. Every day I spend a lot of time practicing ________(do) housework.
1. While we __________ (wait) for the bus, a girl __________ (run) up to us.
2. I __________ (telephone) a friend when Bob __________ (come) in.
3. Jim __________ (jump) on the bus as it __________ (move) away.
4. We __________ (test) the new machine when the electricity __________ (go) off.
5. She __________ (not want) to stay in bed while the others ________________ (all, work) in the fields.
6. While mother ________ (put) Cathy to bed, the door bell ________ (ring).
1. I _____ (have) my breakfast at half past six yesterday morning.
3. What _____ you ___ (do) at that time? We _____ (watch) TV.
4. Was your father at home yesterday evening? Yes, he was. He _____ (listen) to the radio.
6. _____ they ____ (have) a meeting at 4 yesterday afternoon?No, they _____. They _____ (clean) the classroom.
7. ______ it ______ (rain) when you left school? Yes, it ____. (No, it ____)
8. What _____ your father _____ (do) when he was your age? B. spend, on C. cost, listening to D. take , in A. takes ) 2. Would you please tell me how long it _______ you to fly to Hainan?
9. One day, Edison _____ (wait) for a train to arrive, and suddenly a little boy ran to the track(轨道) to play.
11. The three of them were in a hurry because their plane _____ (leave) in five minutes.
13. When the bell rang, jenny _____ (wait) in her seat.
( ) 1. I ______ cooked a meal when you _____ me.
A. cooked, were ringing B. was cooking, rang C. was cooking, were ringing D. cooked, rang
( ) 2. He said he _____ to draw a plane on the blackboard at that time. A. tries B. tried C.
was trying D. will try
( ) 3. While she ______ TV, she ______ a sound outside the room.
A. was watching, was hearing B. watched, was hearing C. watched, heard D. was watching, heard
( ) 4. They _____ a football game from 7 to 9 last night.
A. were watching B. watch C. watched D. are watching
( ) 5. What book ____ you ______ when I ____ you at four yesterday afternoon?
A. did, read, was seeing B. did, read, saw C. were, reading, saw D. were, reading, was seeing
( ) 6. It was Friday evening. Mr and Mrs. Green _____ ready to fly to England.
A. are getting B. get C. were getting D. got
( ) 7. Lei Feng _____ always _____ of others when he ______ in the army.
A. is, thinking, was B. was, thinking, is C. did, think, is D. was, thinking, was
( ) 8. A girl ______ my pen fall off the table when she _____ me.
A. saw, passed B. was seeing, passed C. was seeing, passed D. was seeing, was passing
( ) 9. We ____ for tom at ten last Sunday. He often kept us ______.
A. were waiting, waiting B. were waiting, wait C. waited, waiting D. waited, wait
( ) 10. He ____ his father on the farm the whole afternoon last Saturday.
A. helps B. would help C. was helping D. is helping
( ) 11. While mother _______ some washing, I _____ a kite for Kate.
A. did, made B. was doing, made C. was doing, was making D. did, was making
( ) 12. “_______ you angry then?” “They ______ too much noise.”
A. are, were making B. were, were making C. are, made D. were, made
( ) 13. He ____ some cooking at that time, so _____ me
A. did, heard B. did, didn?t hear C was doing, heard D. was doing, didn?t hear
( ) 14. This time yesterday jack _____ his bike. He _____ TV
A. repaired, didn?t watch B. was repairing, watched C. repaired, watched D. was repairing, wasn?t watching
( ) 15. His parents wanted to know how he _____ on with his new classmates.
A. was getting B. gets C. is getting D. will get