2013---2014学年第一学期九年级第一次月考试卷 英 语
选 择 部 分
一. 单项选择 20%
1. The book ________ to be one of the greatest books in the world. A. think B. thinks C. thought D. is thought 2. __________ I know, he has gone to Shanghai.
A. As B. As far as C. So far D. So far as
3. I prefer ________ some shopping to ______ camping since the weather isn’t lovely. A. do, going B. doing, go C. do, go D. doing, going 4. She is ______ nervous ______ she can’t talk in front of the class. A. such, that B. too, to C. so, that D. enough, to 5. The teacher often encourages the students ________ hard.
A. to work B. work C. working D. to working 6. Some flowers _______ in our school next month.
A. will plant B. have planted C. was planted D. will be planted 7. I want to _________ the Olympics. What about you?
A. join B. take part in C. be joined D. take part 8. The TV ________ off already. The music is from the radio.
A. has turned B. turned C. has been turned D. was turned 9. Air must _______ fresh all the time . X K b1 .C om
A. keep B. is kept C. be kept D. been kept
10. ______ some traffic rules _______ necessary, or something bad will happen to you. A.Obey, are B. Obey, is C. Obeying, are D. Obeying, is
11.-----Why don’t you buy the computer? ----It’s too expensive. I can’t ________ it.
A. afford B. sell C. borrow D. keep 12. The famous scientist’s name is familiar ______ most Chinese.
A. into B. for C. in D. to 13. You can’t shout. Look at the sign “_________”
A. No entry B. No photos C. No shouting D. No smoking 14.The problem is hard for me. Please _________.
A. work it out B. work them out C. work out it D. work out them 15.The boy read the article ________ and found something important in it.
A. careful enough B. carefully enough C. enough careful D. enough carefully
16.Tom as well as his parents _________ to play tennis every Sunday. A. go B. goes C. have gone D. has gone 17. He provided food and clothes _________ his family. A. with B. of C. on D. for
18. We should __________ students __________ computer games.
A. stop, from B. stop, from play C. stop, from playing D.keep, from doing 19. My parents go to work by bike ________ by bus.
A. instead B. instead of C. but D. and 20 . Let’s try to our best to _______ paper to save the trees.
A. use B. make C. recycle D. waste 二 完形填空10%
We all need a environment, but we produce waste every day and it does to our environment. Though we are young, we can still do something to help. In fact, even the simplest everyday activities can make a real ___3__ to the environment. Here are some ideas for you. Remember these three words: reduce, reuse and recycle. Reduce
Reduce means “use Don’t waste things. This saves money and reduces pollution and waste going into the we buy something new, think ---- or maybe the old one will be just as good! Reuse
means “use again”. Use things for as as possible. When we buy things, make sure that they last a long time. We should look after them they will last, and we should repair them if we can instead of throwing them away and buying new ones. Recycle Recycle “change things into something else”.
1. A. health B.healthy C. unhealthy D. unhealthily 2. A. harmful B. harm C. good D. well 3. A. difference B. different C. differences D. difficult 4. A. less B. more C. few D. little 5. A. Until B. While C. Before D. After 6. A. necessary B. need C. well D. wasteful 7. A. Reduce B. Reuse C. Recycle D. Retell 8. A. long B. short C. longer D. shorter 9. A. so that B. in order to C. so ……that D. too……to 10. A. means B. mean C. calls D. called
根据表中的信息，选择正确答案。 1. _________ is the cheapest of all?
A. Socks B. Pants C. T-shirt D. Hat 2. How much are two sweaters and a hat? ________。
A. $14 B. $20 C. $21 D. $22 3. You can buy ________.
A. black pants B. a blue sweater C. a green hat D. red socks 4. You like red and you only have $6. You can buy _______.
A. a sweater B. a hat C. a T-shit D. none 5. You only have sixteen dollars. You can buy _______. X k B 1 . c o m
A. a sweater and a pair of pants B. two T-shirt and a pair of socks C. one sweater and two pair of socks D. a sweater and two hats B
Happiness(幸福) is for everyone. You need to care about(关心) those people who have beautiful houses with large garders and swimming pools or those who have nice cars and a lot of money and so on. Why? Because those who have big houses may often feel lonely and those who have cars may want to walk on the country roads at their free time.
In fact, happiness is always around you if you put your heart into it. When you are in trouble at school, your friends will help you; when you study hard at your lessons, your parents are always taking good care of your life and your health; when you get success, your friends will say congratulations（祝贺）to you; when you do something wrong, people around you will help you to correct it. And when you do something good to others, you will feel happy too. All these are your
happiness. If you notice them, you can see that happiness is always around you.
Happiness is not the same as money. It is a feeling of your heart. When you are poor, you can also say you are happy, because you have something else that can't be bought with money. When you meet with difficulties, you can say loudly you are very happy, because you have something else that can't be bought with money. When you meet with difficulties, you can say loudly you are very happy, because you have more chances to challenge (挑战) yourself. So you can't always say you are poor and you have bad luck. As the saying goes, life is like a revolving(旋转) door. When it closes, it also opens, If you every take chance to get, you can be a happy and lucky person.
1. Happiness is for ___________. 新 课 标 第 一 网
A. those who have large and beautiful house B. those who have cars C. those who have a lot of money D. all people 2. When you do something wrong,_____________ A. people around you will help you to correct it. B. you will have no chance to challenge yourself C. your classmates will laugh at you D. you will be happy
3. Which is TRUE according to the passage?__________
A. When you get success, your friends will be very proud of you. B. You can get help from others when you make mistakes.
C. You can still be a happy person even if you have little money. D. All the above.
4. Why do we say "Happiness is not the same as money"? Because_____________. A. money always brings happiness
B. money doesn' t always bring happiness C. everything can be bought with money D. only rich people have happiness
5. Which is the best title of the passage?______________.
A. Happiness B. Happy and Lucky
C. Do Something Good to Others D. Money
2013---2014学年第一学期九年级第一次月考试卷 英 语
答 题 卡
四. 根据句意和汉语提示完成单词 5% 1. Don’t _____________(浪费）water.
2.You can see something ___________(不同寻常的）in the Science Museum. 3. Living in a big city has many ___________________(优势）
4.Books could be ________________(生产）more quickly and cheaply. 5.Liu Xiang was _______________(训练）for gold.
五 .用词的适当形式填空 10%
1. Mr Zhang will give a talk about ______________(environment) education this Sunday. 2.It’s ________________(hope) for me to run in 100-metre race in 10 seconds. 3. Bell was a great ___________(invent), He invented the telephone.
4. ----Do they allow _____________(smoke) in the cinemas? ------ Of course not. 5. ____________(print) is one of the great inventions in China. X |k |B | 1 . c| O |m 6. I’m sorry to keep you _____________(wait) so long.
7. A sports meeting __________________( hold) in our school next Monday. 8. More trees must ________________(plant) every year to stop the wind.
9. The office __________________ (clean) by hane already.
10. I’d like a _________________( month) magazine called “Great Books”.
六 根据汉语意思完成句子10%新- 课-标 -第- 一-网 1. 最重要的是，记得把你的相片寄给我们
_____________ _____________, remember to send us your photos. 2. 晚饭过后， 我告诉母亲我将负责洗餐具。
After dinner, I told my mother that I would __________ __________ the washing-up. 3. 早期的书是手工生产的。
The early books were produced ____________ __________. 4. 新鲜的空气对托尼的健康产生了重大影响。
The fresh air _____________ ________ ____________ __________ Tony’s health. 5. 这些鞋子与其说漂亮，不如说舒服。
These shoes are comfortable _________ _________ pretty.
七 选短语填空 5%
first of all, stand for, pay attention to , does harm to, throw away 1. We produce waste every day and it ___________________ our environment. 2. ____________, let’s read these new words in the text. 3. The signs ___________________ freedom and peace.
4. It’s wasteful to ___________________ glass, paper and metal. 5. Please __________________ the sign “No shouting”.
1. They built a new school in the small village last year (改为被动语态） A new school _________ ________ in the small village last year. 2. We will hold a meeting next Monday. (改为被动语态）
A meeting _________ ________ __________ by us next Monday. 3. It took John half an hour to finish his homework. (同义句） John _________ half an hour __________ his homework 4. Lucy has gone to the Great Wall alone.(同义句）
Lucy has gone to the Great Wall _____________ ___________ ____________. 5. Lin Dan is the same age as Liu Xiang.(同义句）
Lin Dan is _________ ________ _________ Liu Xiang.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Li Ming