学 习 能 力 诊 断 卷
Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片): (共6分)
A B C
D E F G
II. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案): (共10分)
7. A) Spring. B) Summer. C) Winter. D) Autumn.
8. A) Every day. B) Once a week. C) Twice a week. D) Three times a week.
9. A) 4:10 p.m. B) 5:10 p.m. C) 6:10 p.m. D) 7:10 p.m.
10. A) American. B) French. C) Chinese. D) British.
11. A) Neither of them. B) Both of them. C) The girl. D) The boy.
12. A) In a post office. B) In a library. C) In a bookstore. D) In a bank.
13. A) By ship. B) By bus. C) By plane. D) By train.
14. A) Because Nancy can’t work it out. B) Because Nancy is too busy to help him.
C) Because Mike wants to do it by himself. D) Because Mike doesn’t think it is hard.
15. A) The red one. B) The blue one. C) The black one. D) The white one.
16. A) She’d like some coke. B) She’d like some iced tea.
C) She’d like some milk. D) She’d like some hot chocolate. 1
III. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下
列句子是否符合你听到的内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (共7分)
17. The article tells us that not all ambitions are about success or work.
18. Some students want to be good people, have a family or help others.
19. Peter wants to write sports reports for his school newspaper.
20. Peter likes swimming and playing football best of all the sports.
21. Trudy practices playing the piano every day with her friend, Ben.
22. Harry’s mother is happy when her son changes his ambition every day.
23. Harry doesn’t get up on time for school every day like his classmates.
IV. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following sentences (听对话，完成下列内容，每
24. Someone has robbed Rita Brown of her handbag on __________ Road.
25. There is 800 yuan and some __________ inside Rita Brown’s handbag.
26. On Rita Brown’s way home, a man came __________ and took her handbag away.
27. The man is about 170 cm. He has a square face with a big __________.
28. The man is wearing a big pair of __________ glasses.
29. Rita Brown’s telephone number is __________.
30. Rita Brown will call the policeman again next __________.
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分 词汇和语法) V. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共26分)
31. Many students of our school are keen on playing tennis at weekends.
A) / B) a C) an
C) eight-years-old D) the D) by D) the others D) eight years old 32. All of us watched our country’s 60th Anniversary Parade(阅兵仪式) ______ October 1, 2009. A) in B) at A) another A) eight year old
B) the other B) eight-year-old 33. Some people enjoy reading detective stories, but ______ prefer reading comic books. 34. Listen, everybody! Pansy’s ______ girl is singing a pop song now. 35. George and his classmates have got ______ knowledge from the scientist’s report. A) a few B) a lot C) many D) much A) fit B) fits C) will fit D) had fit 36. Neither of the two T- shirts ______ Lucy's brother because they are too large.
37. This type of suitcase is ______ the red one.
A) so expensive as B) much expensive than
C) more expensive as
A) spent B) cost
A) Thousand B) Thousands D) much more expensive than C) paid D) took 38. Paul’s parents were worried that he ______ too much time chatting on line. 39. ______ people gave money and clothes to the homeless people through the Red Cross. C) Thousand of D) Thousands of
D) at 40. Jane’s job is connected ______ the environment of our city. A) in B) of C) with
41. --- ______ is the population in Shanghai?
--- More than 18,000,000.
A) What B) Which C) How much
42. It’s my ______ to help you when you are in trouble.
A) pleased B) pleasing C) pleasant
43. --- Must I finish writing the article right now?
--- No, you ______. You can finish it tomorrow.
A) may B) must D) How many D) pleasure C) needn’t D) can’t
44. The food in that restaurant tastes delicious though it looks ______.
A) awful B) smart C) well D) softly
45. You know the way of improving our spoken English is ______ it as often as we can.
A) speak B) spoken C) to speak D) to speaking
46. Though Qian Xuesen _______ for several months, we will remember him for ever.
A) died B) has died C) was dead D) has been dead
47. ______ amazing music Anna played in yesterday’s concert!
A) How B) What C) What a D) What an
48. Happy wants his staff to speak to their customers ______ when they visited the shop.
A) badly B) luckily C) accurately D) politely
49. As we all know, wood and stones ______ bridges in many countries.
A) used to build B) used to building
C) are used to build D) are used to building
50. These new clothes ______ to the children in the mountain villages tomorrow.
A) are sent B) were sent C) has been sent D) will be sent
51. You’d better ______ early tomorrow so that you can get there on time.
A) show off B) set off C) keep off D) turn off
52. Could you tell me ______?
A) where is the nearest supermarket B) where the nearest supermarket is
C) where was the nearest supermarket
A) recent B) simple C) perfect D) real
A) problem B) hobby C) way D) habit
55. --- I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten to bring your notebook with me.
A) All right. B) Never mind.
C) Thank you. D) I don’t agree with you.
56. ---Why don’t we go to Shanghai Grand Theatre tomorrow?
A) You are welcome. B) Of course not.
C) That’s a good idea. D) Yes, please. D) where the nearest supermarket was 53. We can find fewer cormorant fishing activities in the society. The underlined part
VI. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子): (共8分)
57. Our ________ tonight is a famous scientist, Professor Gill. (speak)
58. My pen-friend’s ________ name is Henry. His full name is Smith Henry. (one)
59. Many people will enjoy ________ when they are looking at their pet fish. (they)
60. When a person gets older, his short-term ________ will become worse. (memorize)
61. Peter’s mother shouted at him _________ when she saw the broken window. (angry)
62. Could you tell me who _________ the first lift in 1853? (invention )
63. Cormorant fishing is a ________Chinese skill, probably more than a thousand years old. (tradition)
64. Alice has told us that the ________ she has ever travelled is from Shanghai to Sydney. (far) VII. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词): (共12分)
65. Mary bought some hamburgers in KFC the day before yesterday. (改为否定句)
Mary __________ __________ any hamburgers in KFC the day before yesterday. (对划线部分提问)
__________ __________ has Martin studied in Fudan University?
67. They were so lucky that they could receive many books from Project Hope. (保持句意基本不变)
They were lucky __________ __________ receive many books from Project Hope.
68. Would you please tell me how I should deal with it for the time being? (改为简单句) Would you please tell me __________ __________ deal with it for the time being?
69. We will have a barbecue in the forest park if it doesn’t rain this Sunday. (保持句意基本不变) We will have a barbecue in the forest park __________ it __________ this Sunday.
70. People throw away millions of plastic bags in our city every day. (改为被动语态)
Millions of plastic bags __________ __________ away by people in our city every day.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VIII. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分)
A. True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”
表示): ( 7分)
Everyone needs friends. Friends bring us happiness and hope in our lives. But the ability to make friends changes from person to person. To some people, making friends is easy, and to others it’s very difficult.
Making friends is a skill, and the first thing is to know how to get along with others. If you have trouble in making friends, maybe I can tell you how to do it.
※ Realize your own good points. You have skills and talents that others will like.
※ Believe that you are a good person and have something nice to share with others.
※ Be humorous. Learn to laugh at yourself and your weakness. Remember to smile to others. 4
※ Respect（尊重） the others. Everyone has his own idea. Learn how to listen to others’ ideas without trying to make them accept yours.
※ Be kind. If you are kind to others, they will usually be kind to you. There are hundreds of little things you can do to show kindness. Open the door for someone. Wave your hands to your friend and so on.
※ Don’t complain. Learn to accept what you can’t change, and work hard to change what you can. No one is willing to hear you complaining all the time.
※ Never give up. Even if you are faced with some closed-minded people, never give up. And try to find someone who will understand you.
71. We are told that it’s very difficult for all of us to make friends.
72. At first, we should know how we can get along with other persons.
73. Other persons will like your own points if you have skills.
74. Believe that you have something nice to share with other persons.
75. Learn how to listen to others’ ideas and don’t make them accept yours.
76. You can do hundreds of good things to show your help to others.
77. To make good friends is to find someone who will agree with you.
B. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): ( 7分)
Lost Underground is a story about school children who
went on a trip to some caves. These caves were very large
and people could go into them only with a guide. However, the caves with a group, but left the group and walked down
a tunnel. They thought it would be fun to explore the caves
Soon they came to a hole in the wall. They climbed
through the hole into another part of the cave. Then they decided to turn back, but they could not remember the way. They were lost in the caves. When the guide led the other children out of the caves, he counted them. He discovered that there were four children missing. He had to go back into the caves to try to find the missing children.
The children who were lost moved deeper and deeper into the caves. The deeper they went, the more lost they became. They were frightened. They started shouting for help, but the guide didn’t hear them. How dangerous they were!
Soon they came to an underground river. They guessed that the river must flow out of the caves. The water was very cold and deep, but the children kept on swimming. For a long time, they swam in darkness, then they saw light ahead of them. The river was flowing out of the caves into the bigger river and the children were able to leave the caves. They climbed out of the river on to the riverbank. They saw the bus with the other children in the distance.
78. Lost Underground is a story about school children who ______.
A) got out of the underground
C) went out for an outing B) got on well with each other D) went on a trip to some caves
79. Four children left the group in the caves, because ______.
A) they decided to turn back from the caves
B) they would like to explore the caves alone
C) they wanted to walk down a tunnel through a hole
D) they could not remember the way to the caves
80. When the guide led the other children out of the caves, ______.
A) some people found that four children lost in the caves
B) some people knew that four children could go out of the caves
C) the guide discovered that four children were missing
D) the guide realized that a child could not find his way out
81. When four children moved deeper and deeper into the caves, ______.
A) they could hear the guide speaking
B) they saw many big rivers and swam out
C) they were too brave to go out by themselves
D) they felt frightened and shouted for help
82. Which of the following is Not True?
A) The guide had to go back into the caves to find the children.
B) The guide tried his best and find the missing children.
C) The children decided to try to swim out of the caves.
D) The children climbed through the hole into another part of the cave.
83. The underlined word “explore ” probably means “______”.
A) get lost B) look around C) touch a stone D) make a fire
84. From the passage we know that ______.
A) four missing children were safe at last
B) it’s dangerous to go into the caves with a guide
C) the guide led four missing children out of the caves
D) someone carried the children out of the bigger river
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文）:（14分）
Tibet（西藏） is among the most popular places for
Chinese tourists. The number of travelers to Tibet has
by 10% every year for a few years. Since July 1,
2006, when the first train ran 1956 kilometers from Xining to
Lhasa, more and more people have been going to Tibet.
The train stops at several famous places Qinghai Lake, Kunlun Mountain, and the Potala Palace.
Passengers can also enjoy many activities during the journey,
Tibetan dancing and Karaoke.
On the train, passengers can have tea, eggs and noodles for breakfast, and fried chicken and green vegetables for lunch and dinner. Unlike most Chinese trains which have open-hole toilets, this one has special toilets which can collect the waste. There is also a special rubbish in the train that keeps the environment clean. All the windows on the train can protect people from the bright sunlight. TV and electrical sockets(插座) for computers and mobile phones can be found on the train.
There isn’t much oxygen there, trains will have oxygen masks(氧气罩) for those who need them. It makes passengers feel more when they have enough oxygen on the famous “roof of the world”. There are also doctors on the train to make sure that all of the travelers are safe.
85. A) kept B) grown C) made D) gained
86. A) in the street B) beside the river C) on the train D) along the way
87. A) about B) for C) like D) as
88. A) luckily B) seriously C) completely D) beautifully
89. A) system B) problem C) business D) difference
90. A) or B) so C) if D) though
91. A) strange B) difficult C) convenient D) comfortable
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的
In a few years, most people will know that a healthy, happy, loving family is a joy and it is a necessary part for building a strong society. But there are still some people who don’t believe experience.
Some people already accepted the idea of the “me generation(一代)”, so they fail to more valuable.
At a time adults need to think about the needs of their family, they will be doing other important things. Some people will spend too much time working a more powerful car or a bigger house so that they can proudly say that they have them. Some will to their friends, and others will recite things like “I must become the best I can be” or “I don’t want to be at the bottom.” The needs of their family will be forgotten and they never seem to have time for the family.
Many people have not experienced a strong helpful perfect family life, so they have never its worth. Many people have always experienced family life as a fight, so they can’t find time and energy for work. But it is very important that we all expect good family relations. We need to realize the importance of what can be achieved by loving each other in the family. It is also important for our society to encourage family members to create happiness.
E. Answer the questions（根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 14分)
More than 90% of the world’s population is right-handed.
But if you’re left-handed, don’t feel alone in a right-handed
world. There are hundreds of millions of left-handed people
What makes a person left-handed (or right- handed)?
Scientists aren’t sure why some people turn out to be
left-handed. But they have discovered that being left-handed
runs in families. Since you get all your genes(基因) from your
parents, you might be left-handed because your parents are left-handed. But genes can’t be the whole story because some kids have right-handed parents and still become left-handed.
Getting hurt can also make a person a left-handed one. Sometimes right-handed people badly 7
hurt their right hand and can’t use it any more. They usually learn to use their left hand and become left-handed. Left-handed people can also become right-handed if they hurt their left hand. So it works both ways.
Are left-handed people more creative?
For both right-handed people and left-handed people, the brain has two parts called hemispheres (半球). One hemisphere is on the right of your head, and the other is on the left. The right hemisphere controls movement on the left half of the body, which includes the left hand. And the left hemisphere controls movements on the right.
Creative thought (writing a song, drawing a picture) usually happens on the right side of the brain. So if you’re left-handed, you’re believed to have a lot of creative thought going on. However, it may be not true. The two sides of your brain work together when you think. So using your left hand doesn’t mean that you only think with only one side of your brain.
Do you fit in a right-handed world?
Since most people are right-handed, many things are designed to be used on someone’s right hand. Now, many companies make left-handed things, including scissors and even musical instruments. It’s easier for left-handed people to enjoy the life than before.
99. How many people are left-handed people in the world?
100. Why can’t genes be the whole story?
Because some kids ___________________________________________________.
101. When can’t right-handed people use their right hand?
They can’t use their right hand__________________________________________.
102. What does the left hemisphere control?
103. Which side of your brain work when you think according to the passage?
104. Using your left hand doesn’t mean that you think with only one side of your brain, does it?
105. What do you think of left-handed people?
I think ____________________________________________________________.
IX. Writing (作文): (共18分)
106. Write at least 60 words about the topic “An Unforgettable Activity”. （以“一次令人难
Use the following points as a guide. （短文须包含下列要点）
● What kind of activity did you once take part in?
● What did you do in the activity?
● Why was it unforgettable? (Give one or two reasons)