Part 1 Listening（第一部分 听力）
Ⅰ. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片): (共6分)
A B C
D E F G
1. ______ 2. ______ 3. ______ 4. ______ 5. ______ 6. ______
Ⅱ. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案): (共10分)
7. A) Hot.
8. A) March. B) Hard. B) April.
- 1 - C) Harmful. C) May.
D Healthy. D) June.
9. A) A secretary.
11. A) 2 weeks. B) An officer. C) A painter. D) An engineer. D) 8 weeks. 10. A) Singing. B) Writing. C) Reading. D) Making speeches. B) 4 weeks. C) 6 weeks.
12. A) Sunny. B) Snowy. C) Rainy. D) Windy.
13. A) Kathy. B) Joyce. C) Ben. D) Kitty.
14. A) Mother and daughter. B) Shop assistant and customer.
C) Conductor and passenger. D) Teacher and student.
15. A) Because he went to bed early.
B) Because he had a terrible cold yesterday.
C) Because he played video games throughout the night.
D) Because he watched cartoons all night.
16. A) The students will hold a meeting this afternoon.
B) There won?t be an English test this afternoon.
C) Ms Thompson put off the afternoon?s meeting.
D) An English test will be given this afternoon.
Ⅲ. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列
句子是否符合你听到的短文内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (共7分)
17. The Indian farmers live on the big farms with a quiet and simple life.
18. Cows give milk to farmers and help them to work as well.
19. Indian farmers hold special celebrations for the cows once a year.
20. You can?t see any cows in the Indian streets.
21. The Indian government spends a lot of money on cows.
22. When old cows cannot work, farmers kill them for food.
23. Cows are taken special care of in India and it has been a tradition for a long time.
Ⅳ. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following sentences (听对话，完成下列内容。每空
24. Sue enjoyed her holiday in the countryside with her ________.
They cooked their meals over an ________ fire.
- 2 -
26. There is an ________ sunshine in the morning every day. 27. They had some ________ in the farmers? houses. 28. They stayed there until last ________.
29. On the day they went back, they got up at ________. 30. Sue and David have ________ to go there again.
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar （第二部分 词汇和语法） Ⅴ. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共26分)
31. No. 2 Terminal Building at Hongqiao Airport is put to use ______ March 16th.
B) at B) an B) other B) third-fifths
C) on C) the C) the other C) thirds-fifth
D) by D) / D)others D) three-fifths
32. Eddie and his family won ______ MP4 in the 'Super Families' TV Show last week. A) a
A) another A) three-fifth thunderstorm.
36. ---Which do you prefer, a CD player or an MP3? ---______. I like playing games, so I prefer a PSP. A) Both
A) yourself A) similar to
B) None B) myself B) familiar to
C) Neither C) you
C) similar with
D) All D) me D) familiar with
37. Help ______ to work out these physical problems, will you?
38. With the help of TV programmes, many of the world?s top designers? names are ____us. 39. The news of serious drought(干旱) in southwest China made Ben feel very ______. A) badly
40. Several years ago ______ green lands can be found in the center of Shanghai, but now you can see trees and grass land there. A) few
- 3 -
33. If you don?t like the style of the shoes, you can ask the clerk to bring you _____ pair. 34. A report says that about ______ of the English teachers in Shanghai are under the age of 35. 35. The learned man wondered ______ electricity was in some way like lightening during a
C) many D) a few
41.The world is becoming smaller and smaller because the Internet brings us ______.
A) close A) What
B) closer B) What a
C) the closer C) How
D) the closest D) How a
42. _____ fun it is to go skating in such a chilly weather!
43. Although the speed (速度) of the maglev train is very fast ,the price of its ticket is not
very ______ these days.
A) expensive A) don't A) are changed “______”. A) increase
A) look at A) visiting
luck and live a long life.
B) so that
C) as soon as
50. Matthew was late for the school because he catch the early bus this morning. The
underlined part means “ . A) didn?t want to A) turn over A) doesn?t go
B) managed to B) turn up B) goes
C) was able to C) turn off C) won?t go
D) wasn?t able to D) turn on D) will go
51. It?s your duty to52. The soya milk A) not B) don?t
C) not to D) to not
54. Damin said he his 5-year –old grandson everything about traditional cormorant fishing.
- 4 -
B) huge B) may not B) has changed
C) high C) needn't C) will change
D) big D) mustn't D) had changed
44. We _____ talk or speak loudly in public places ,such as hospitals, libraries or cinemas. 45. Shanghai ___ so much that even Shanghainese need a map when they go around the city. working hours on New Year?s Eve. The underlined part means
B) add B) look up B) to visit
C) reduce C) look forward C) visited
D) remove D) look after D) have visited
47. We should our parents when they get old.
48. I remember Jefferson?s relatives in Yingxiu Town when I went to Sichuan last month.
A) would teach B) will teach C) has taught D) is teaching
55. --- How do you like our city? --- A) Yes, I like it very much.
C) I don't like.
Ⅵ. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词）: (共8分)
57.Jin Mao Building is the highest building in the world. ( two)
some milk for me, Mom? ( hot)
59. Kids are asked to dress in the kindergarten. ( they )
60. If you try your best, nothing is . ( possible)
61. These ( Germany )
62. Make sure that every English word you can spell . ( accurate )
63. The average of a baby at birth is just over seven pounds. (weigh )
64.You look than before. I?m sure you?ve taken more exercise recently. ( health )
Ⅶ. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填
65. Scientists knew something about the lives of this kind of insects. (改为一般疑问句)
67. The terrible earthquake in Chile killed over four hundred people in February. (改为被动语态) Over four hundred people in Chile 68. It hardly snows in Shanghai in winter. (改为反意疑问句)
- 5 - B) No, I don't like it. D) It's very beautiful. B) how many gold medals China got 56. Could you tell me in 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics? A) how many gold medals did China get C) how many gold medals has China got D) how many gold medals China had got
69. Betty speaks French best in our school . (保持句意基本不变)
as Betty in our school.
70. Students mustn?t smoke because smoking is harmful to their health. (保持句意基本不变) Students
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
Ⅷ. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分)
A. True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示):
The film festival at Cannes (戛纳电影节) in France started this week. It is
the world's most famous film festival --- it will be covered by more than 4000
reporters! The highest award is the Palme d'Or (French for "Golden Palm"---金
棕榈奖). More than 1000 films will be shown over a two-week period.
The Cannes Film Festival is quite old ,it has been around for 60 years. But that's only half as old as film-making itself ! Photography or the art of "still pictures" was invented in the 1820s. It was only in the 1890s that "moving pictures" were invented. The Lumiere brothers (Auguste and Louis) in France invented a device (设备) to record and show moving pictures. They called it the "cinematographe", from which we get the word "cinema". Their first film was "La Sortie des usines Lumière", which was just 48 seconds long! They did the first paid public showing of their films at the Grand Cafe in Paris on December 28, 1895. Many scholars view this event as the "birth of cinema". You can still watch these films if you want.
The Lumiere brothers didn't think that their invention would really be useful. Gee, were they wrong!! Years later, Louis Lumiere was asked to become the first president of a film festival ---the Cannes film festival!
71. Cannes Film Festival is one of the most famous film festivals in the world.
72. “Golden Lion” is the highest award for the festival.
73. People can enjoy less than one thousand films during two weeks.
74. According to the passage, film-making has a history of 60 years.
75. Moving pictures didn?t appear until 1890s.
- 6 -
76. “Cinema” was born in France when the Lumiere brothers showed their first film.
77. The Lumiere brothers became the first presidents of the Cannes Film Festival.
B. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): ( 7
Five days after the London marathon, when the hard experience
and muscle ache were just memory for every other runner, Lloyd Scott, a
cancer survivor, lumbered (行动迟钝) across the finish line in his
deep-sea diver’s suit to a hero’s welcome yesterday.
Cold, heavy, wet
Lloyd was interviewed by reporters from BBC and he introduced his difficult experience of his unforgettable London marathon. "During the time I'm walking, I have to pay attention to a great deal. Although I used to be a firefighter, I can?t get used to putting on the cold, heavy, wet deep-sea diver?s suit to run the marathon. At such bad moments, I think of the money I'm raising for Clic which provides a service for children and families. But the hardest thing happens exactly each morning. When I wake up, I have to find out what hurts and how much. You can not imagine how hard it is to get into the cold and wet diving suit with all your muscles still cold and having to think about what will happen next, because I also have very poor eyesight and cannot see the broken stones on the roadside.”
Paul Simons, an officer, thinks Lloyd has He describes Lloyd as an excellent example to all the nation, who has a unique part of British character that the whole people need. Karen Sugarman, another fundraiser of Clic thinks of Lloyd as Superman and an inspiration to many of the sufferers throughout the UK.
Years ago, Lloyd was diagnosed (诊断) with cancer, he told himself it was not his end. He has come through that darkest period and he hopes that this run will encourage anyone else not to give up hope.
As a cancer survivor, Lloyd Scott is a mixture of fundraiser and inspiration. He is serious about his charity work for Cancer and Children Care. He really did something ?larger than life? that is very close to his heart. He once ran across the Jordan Desert dressed as Indian Jones, climbed the Everest and walked to the South Pole… and
this time his London marathon run successfully won
- 7 -
him a place in the record books - for the slowest ever marathon.
78. Lloyd Scott finished the London marathon days after all the other runners.
A) two B) three C) four D) five
79. Lloyd Scott worked as a before he became ill.
A) doctor B) firefighter C) deep-sea diver D) marathon runner
80. Lloyd Scott wore deep-sea diving costume during the race because he wanted to A) see the road clearly B) dive in the deep-sea
C) raise money for charity Clic D) enjoy the running
81. The underlined word “” in this passage probably meansA) proved B) decorated C) delivered D) protected
C) didn?t give up D) lumbered home 82. When he was diagnosed with cancer, Lloyd Scott . A) thought it was the end B) felt depressed
83. Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE according to this passage?
A) Lloyd hoped to raise money for sick children.
B) Lloyd met the race?s fastest man at the end of the race.
C) Lloyd had poor eyesight .
D) Lloyd was in pain during the race and found it very hard.
84. From the passage we know Lloyd Scott A) was no longer troubled by cancer
B) drove to the South Pole by himself
C) ran across the Jordan desert in his deep-sea diver?s suit
D) recorded the slowest time for a marathon
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成
2010 Shanghai World Expo is coming soon. It?s said that 190-plus countries and more than 50 international organizations will attend the exposition, and millions of people from across the world
I am sure you will want your visitors to see what a beautiful and attractive city you live in with their own eyes. Good manners will help to show the that Shanghai is truly a
- 8 -
By using simple words like “please” and “thank you”, you show others that you have respect for them, but it is also a way of asking them to show your respect in return. Being polite is also a way of telling others that you have strength and confidence in yourself.
I agree with another saying: “The top at World Expo 2010 Shanghai China will be the manners of the Chinese people.” The World Expo will last longer than the Olympic Games and thus test our manners to a greater degree. While enjoying the fruits of this extraordinary event, we learn to have good manners early in your life, those good habits will stay with you forever. Practice good manners whenever you can. You will not be by holding a door open for a stranger to pass. You can have these good habits by showing good manners to you meet whether they are family members, friends or strangers.
Start with simple things like saying “please” and “thank you”. Just like a small child learning to speak, you will watch as these powerful words in strength and habit. People will appreciate your good manners , and will treat you well in return. With our good manners and service ,Shanghai World Expo will be successful, spectacular and unforgettable.
85. A) pushed
86. A) country
87. A) exhibition
88. A) quickly B) expected B) invention B) slowly C) explored C) decision C) suddenly D) ordered D) world D) tradition D) usually B) nation C) state
89. A) cold B) late C) early D) busy
90. A) everyone B) someone C) everything D) something
91. A) encourage B) save C) grow D) display
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺。每空格限填一词，首字母已给):（14分）
Test scores make you either happy or sad and your parents pay high
attention to your test results. You spend days filling in blanks, trying to make
the best to question after question. Maybe you tried your hardest
- 9 -
maybe tried! What you need to remember is that a test is a picture of your ability from just one day. It consists of some pieces including your health, your personality, your interests, of your progress. So than you had hoped, try not to think focus of your life. The purpose of a test is to check how much you have learned about a subject. It not only helps make your newly acquired knowledge forever, but also enables you to find out what needs to spend more time improving. If you?refor a further aim. If disappointment has overcome you, ask your teacher and your parents to help you set a reasonable goal for improvement. Most exams are about to test your skill in certain subject areas such as math, language and arts. Some compare your skills to other students? skills from across the country, just test whether or not you have mastered a specific skill. These scores can be very puzzling…even to adults. You should speak to both your teacher and your parents to find out what they mean in your educational journey. It is important to take a correct attitude towards test scores.
E. Answer the questions（根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 14分)
There was only one chair on the stage of the concert hall in Northern
England. There was no piano, no music stand and no conductor. Just that
The atmosphere in the hall was tense. People were nervous and excited.
Everyone in the audience of 600 people knew that they were going to hear a
very special kind of music.
Finally it was time to start. Yo-Yo Ma, Chinese-American, one of the world?s most famous cellists(大提琴家), came on to the stage, bowed to the audience and sat down quietly on the chair. He made himself comfortable, thought for some minutes until there was complete silence, and then he started to play music that was at first empty and dangerous, but that soon became loud and painful, like the worst thing you?ve ever heard. It was almost unbearable , but finally, it faded away to nothing. Yo-Yo Ma did not move. He stayed with his head bowed over his instrument.
Everyone in the hall held their breath. For what seemed like hours, nobody moved, though the
- 10 -
performance ended. It was as if they had all experienced something terrible and dark. But then Yo-Yo Ma stood up. He put down his cello. He extended his hand to someone in the audience, asking them to come and join him. An electric shock ran through the audience when they realized what was going to happen.
A man in dirty motorcycle leathers got up from his seat excitedly and walked towards the stage, but Ma did not seem to mind. The great cellist rushed down from the stage and hugged him. The audience went crazy; suddenly everyone was cheering and shouting, like people do when they?ve just heard great music.
But this was more than music, just as the great cellist told us:“You should play not because you want to be good, but because you need to make a sound, music --- the essence of music is about expression.”
99. What was the name of the cellist?
100. The cellist didn?t start to play immediately after he sat down, did he?
101. How was the music at first?
It was ___________________ at first.
102. Were the audience deeply touched by the music?
103. Who walked towards the stage and was hugged by the cellist ?
104. What do people usually do when they?ve just heard great music?
They _________________________when they?ve just heard great music.
105. Why did the cellist extend his hand to the audience?
Ⅸ. Writing (作文): (共18分)
106.Write at least 60 words about the topic “The subject I dislike most”. (以“我最不喜欢的学科科目”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。)
(注意：短文中不得出现考生的姓名、校名及其它相关信息，否则不予评分。) Use the following points as a reference. (下列要点仅供参考)
- 11 -
★Which subject do you dislike most?
★Why do you dislike this subject? (You’d better give two reasons.)
★How can you improve this subject in future?
Part 1 Listening（第一部分 听力）
Ⅰ. Listen and choose the right picture . (共6分)
1. Teresa likes to practise playing the violin in the park.
2. Cathy bought two tickets for visiting 2010 Shanghai World Expo from the Internet.
3. Many new flats have been built in Pudong in the past few years.
4. It?s exciting to stand on the board and move through the waves.
5.Avatar, a 3D American film ,attracted lots of Chinese movie fans.
6. Wang Meng won the women's 500-metre short-track gold in the 21st Winter Olympic Games .
1. F 2. B 3. G 4.A 5.D 6.C;
Ⅱ. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear . (共10分)
7. M: Do you like Indian food? W: Well, I?ve only had it once. It?s a bit hot.
Q: What does the woman think of Indian food? (A)
8. W: I?d like to watch the opening ceremony of 2010 Shanghai World Expo in May.
M: Me too. We can also visit some modern exhibitions from the different countries there.
Q: In which month will the opening ceremony of 2010 Shanghai World Expo be held?
9.M: What are you going to be when you grow up?
W: Maybe a secretary, maybe an officer. What about you?
M: I want to be an engineer like my parents.
Q: What does the boy want to be in the future? ( D ) W: Oh no, I?ve changed for the singing contest. But I?m worrying about it these days. M: Don?t worry, you have a rich voice and you are a good singer. Q: What’s the woman good at ? ( A )
- 12 - 10. M: I hear you will take part in the speech contest next week. 11. M: How long have you been in England? For a month?
W: 6 weeks in fact. I spent 4 weeks studying and 2 weeks traveling.
M: Travelling is also a good way to study English.
Q: How much time did the woman spend studying in England? (B)
12. W: What a rainy day today! We haven?t seen the sun for half a month.
M: Fortunately, it doesn?t snow during this season. Shall we listen to some light music? W: Good idea. Light music can help relax. M: I hope we?ll have a sunny mood. Q: How’s the weather today? (C)
13. W: Will you be free this weekend? Would you like to go with me to the Wild Animal Park? M: Yes, I?d like to. Who else will go?
W: Let me see. Kathy, Joyce, Ben and Betty.
M: Will Kitty go with us?
W: I?m afraid not. Her mother?s ill in the hospital. Kitty has to take care of her.
Q: Who will not go to the Wild Animal Park this weekend? ( D )
W: Well, … yeah. I?m looking for a Mother?s Day?s gift.
M: OK. How about getting your mother a new scarf ? This one?s price is reasonable. W: Oh, thanks. That?s a good idea. I?ll have this yellow silk one.
M: Could you pay at the Cashier's Desk first ? Then come back to fetch it.
Q: Who might the two speakers be? ( B )
15. W: You look so sleepy and tired. What?s the matter with you, Jim?
M: I?ve got a terrible headache.
W: How come ? Hope you didn?t catch the cold.
M: I watched the cartoons for two hours, then played video games all night.
W: Take care. Health is the most important thing.
Q: Why does Jim look so sleepy and tired? (C)
16. W: Shall we have an English test this afternoon?
M: It?s been put off because Ms Thompson has to attend a meeting this afternoon.
W: Are you kidding? This morning I saw Ms Thompson correcting our English exercises in her office.
M: No joking .Our class teacher wrote this notice on board during our lunch break.
W: That?s why I didn?t know it, for I had my lunch in our dining hall.
Q: What do we learn from this conversation? (B)
- 13 - 14. M: Hi, young lady. What can I do for you?
Key: 7.A 8.C 9.D 10.A 11.B 12.C 13.D 14.B 15. C 16. B ;
Ⅲ. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false. (共7分)
Many people in India live on small farms. They live a quiet and simple life. The family takes care of the farm and animals. The most important animal on the farm is the cow. The cow helps on the farm in two ways. It gives milk to the family, and it works on the farm.
Farmers care about their cows very much. They want their cows to be happy. The farms aren?t busy at certain times of the year. At these times, people wash and decorate their cows. Twice a year, there are special celebrations for the cows. These celebrations are like Thanksgiving Day in the United States.
Old cows cannot work on farms. In India respect for the cow is widespread, it is not allowed to kill a cow. So farmers send their old cows away from the farm. The cows walk around freely in the streets ,which are plentiful in the area. There are special animal hospitals for old or sick cows. The government and some rich people pay for these hospitals.
People in other countries do not understand why the Indian government spends much money on cows. There are many poor people in India who need money. People in India care for 200 million cows every year. It is a tradition of thousands of years.
Key: 17. F 18. T 19. F 20.F 21. T 22. F 23. T;
Ⅳ. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following sentences . (共7分)
M: Hi, Sue, You are back! Did you enjoy your holiday in the countryside?
W: Yes, very much. I had a wonderful time and some friends went with me together.
M: Where did you stay? In a hotel?
W: No, we camped in the mountains. We cooked all our meals over an open fire.
M: Sounds amazing. Was the weather good?
W: The sun shines early in the morning every day and it didn?t rain at all.
M: Did you like the people there?
W: Yes, they are friendly and hospitable. We met some farmers and had tea in their houses. M: How long did you stay there?
W: For 4 days. Some of us even didn?t want to return home.
M: Then when did you get back? Last Wednesday or Thursday?
W: Oh, no, last Thursday. We got up at 4:30, left at 5 o?clock and then arrived here at 9 in the
- 14 -
M: You were really tired, I?m afraid.
W: Yes, but it?s a best place to visit. We?ve decided to go there again next August. Will you go
with us, David? M: I hope so.
Key: 24. friends 25. open 26. early 27. tea 28. Thursday 29. 4:30 30. decided;
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar （第二部分 词汇和语法）
Ⅴ. Choose the best answer.(共26分)
答案：31.C 32.B 33.A 34. D 35. D ; 36.C 37.D 38.B 39.D 40.A ;
41. B 42.A 43. C 44. D 45. B; 46.C 47. D 48. A 49.A 50. D ;
51. C 52.D 53.C 54.A 55. D 56.B ;
Ⅵ. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms.(共8分)
57.second 58. heat 59. themselves 60. impossible 61. Germans 62. accurately
63. weight 64. healthier;
Ⅶ. Rewrite the following sentences as required.(共12分)
65. Did…know 66. How often 67.were killed 68.does it 69. Nobody … well 70. aren?t allowed;
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
Ⅷ. Reading comprehension .
A. ( 7分) 71.T 72. F 73.F 74. F 75. T 76. T 77. F ;
B. ( 7分) 78. D 79. B 80. C 81. A 82. C 83. B 84. D；
C.（14分）85.B 86.D 87.A 88.C 89.B 90.A 91. C;
D（14分）92. answer 93. never 94. idea 95. lower 96. confuses 97. pleased 98. others；
E. ( 14分)99. Yo-Yo Ma. 100.No,he didn?t. 101.It was empty and dangerous at first.
102. Yes, they were. 103. A man./A man in dirty motorcycle leathers.
104. They cheer and shout.
105. Because he wanted someone to come and join him./share the feeling / special / moving
moment…(Any reasonable answer is acceptable.)
Ⅸ. Writing (作文): (共18分) 答案略。
浦东教发院课程教研部 中学外语组 2010年4月
- 15 -