1. He ________ (drop) his mp3 in the art room.
2. She’s worried about her _______ (final) exam.
3. –-Whose car is this? –-I am the _____ (own) of the car.
4. He feels _______ (happy) these days because he failed his exam.
5. There were many children in the room. It got very _______. (noise)
6. She often tells ties. We all know that she is a ______ (honest) girl.
7. Lu Xun was one of the most famous ________ (作家) in the word.
8. Three monkeys have _______ (逃跑) from the zoo.
9. My sister is __________ (着急), because she can’t find her English
10. The young man pretends ______ (工作) hard every day.
11. An alien is ________ (追赶) a man.
12. He would like to walk to school instead of ______ (乘) a bus.
1. Dropped final owner unhappy noisy dishonest authors
Escaped worried to work chasing Catching
( )1、Lucy is the only student _____ comes from the USA.
A. who B. whom C. which
( )2、I didn't ride to school _____ the strong wind.
A. because B. because of C. so
( )3、Neither of them are at home. They ____ went shopping this morning.
A. all B. both C. each
( )4、The little boy tried ___ the pencil on the table, but he failed.
A. to get B. get C. getting
( )5、I didn't come to school yesterday____ I had to look after my grandmother at home.
A. because B. because of C. since
( )6、_____ there is something in this box.
A. May be B. Maybe C. May
( )7、--Why is the man running in the street? --He _____ for exercise. 1
A. might run B. might be C. might be running
( )8、The prisoner _____ the prison. The police are looking for him everywhere.
A. is put into B. escaped from C. chased after
( )9、--What is behind the tree? --There must be a dog ______ there.
A. to sit B. sit C. sitting
( )10、When we talk about the computer, he pretend _____ an expert (专家）.
A. being B. to be C. becoming
( )11、There is _____ rain and it's ____ cool in summer.
A. too much, too much B. too much, much too C. much too,
( )12、They look the same. They ____ be twins.
A. might B. must C. could
( )13、The oral test count 20％____ the final exam.
A. on B. to C. of
( )14、The students said you were good, ______?
A. didn't they B. weren't you C. were they
( )15、The books belong to ____.
A. him B. his C. he's
1. A 2. B 3. B 4. A 5. A. 6. B 7. C 8. B 9. C 10 . B 11. A
12. B 13. B 14. A 15. A
1、这本法语书一定是张杰的，因为他是我们班上唯一一位正在学习法语的人。 This French book ________ ______ ______ Zhang Jie because he is the only student ______ is studying French.
In my dream I was ______ in _____ ______ ______ flowers.
You can't ______ ______ a person who is ________ to be ______.
He ______ the exam _______ ______ lots of _______.
He ______ be running to ____ _____ _____.
6. 当妈妈进来时，Tina 假装在做作业。
When mom ________ in, Tina _________ __________ ________ doing her 2
When he _________ suddenly _________ up, he felt ___________ __________.
This homework _____ ______ Jim’s, he has handed his in.
Liu Xiang _____ always _________ by the newspaper.
His grandmother ______ ______ after by him last year.
1. must, belong, to
2. swimming, the, ocean, of
3. wake, up, pretending, asleep
4. failed, because, of, mistakes
5. can’t, catch, the, subway
6. came, pretended, to be
7. was, waken, very, angry
8. can’t be
9. is, interviewed
10. was, looked
1、The owner may be a boy. (否定句）
The owner _______ _______ be a boy.
2、She can sing and dance. (否定句)
She ___________ ______________ ____________ dance.
3、Li Lei can play the violin. (一般疑问句)
_____________________ Li Lei ________________ the violin? 3
____________ ____________ ____________ sister swim?
1. can not
2. can’t, sing, or
3. Can, play
4. How, can, your
Anna went home after school yesterday. (1) __________ her way home, she found a backpack on the ground. She looked around and didn’t see (2) ________. She picked it up. “Whose back is it?” she thought, “The (3) __________ must be very (4) __________ when he finds it’s lost.” She opened it and tried (5) _________ something that could give her information about the owner. She found a hair band in it, so she thought the owner (6) ___________ be a girl. She found a chemistry book, so the owner must be in Grade 9. At last, she found (7) __________ ID card, It says the owner of the ID card is Tom. So she (8) _________, and gave the backpack (9) _______ to Tom. Tom was very happy, and she was happy, (10) ___________.
（ ）1. A. On B. In C. by D. along （ ）2. A. someone B. anyone C. Anything D. no one （ ）3. A. girl B. boy C. owner D. someone （ ）4. A. worry B. worrying C. worries D. worried （ ）5. A. find B. finding C. to find D. finds （ ）6. A. can’t B. need C. would D. must （ ）7. A. the B. a C. an D. some （ ）8. A. calls up him B. called him up C. called up him D. give him up
（ ）9. A. back B. away C. again D. behind 4
（ ）10. A. also B. either C. neither D. too Keys:
1. A 短语on one’s way home 在回家的路上
4. D 短语be worried about
5. C try to do sth. 努力做某事 try doing 尝试做某事
1. I like music that I can sing a____ with.
2. Jim likes music that has great l______.
3. The gift r______ me of my old friend.
4. I preferred to stay here __________ (不愿) go with you.
5. I can’t s______ music that is too loud
6. If you get up late tomorrow, you will ______ (错过) the early bus.
7. U________, he was badly hurt in the accident.
8. Rose likes music that’s _______________ (安静优雅)
9. Few young people love ________ (传统的) music, instead most of young people love pop or dance music.
10. It’s said eating too much burnt food ___________ (增加) the risk of 5
4. rather than
8. quiet and gentle
1. I like music that I can dance ______.
A. with B. to C. along D. on
2. Some of her best loved photos are _______ display in this exhibition.
A. on B. in C. at D. about
3. There are many tall buildings on _______ sides of the street.
A. each B. every C. both D. either
4. That is a watch of _______.
A. his B. him C. my D. me
5. “Help _____ to some fish.” Mrs. Smith said to the children. 6
A. you B. yourself C. yourselves D. yours
6. I _____ singing to dancing.
A. like B. enjoy C. love D. prefer
7. He has a friend who _______ the piano very well.
A. play B. playing C. plays D. played
8. We _____ here two hours ago. We _______ here for two hours.
A. have arrived, have been B. have come, have been
C. came, have come D. arrived, have been
9. Though it was late, ______ he went on with his work.
A. but B. and C. so D. \
10. We will have a ______ holiday after the exam.
A. two month B. two - month
C. two-months D. two months
Key: 1. B 2. A 3. C 4. A 5. C
6. D 7. C 8. D 9. D 10. B
1. sing along with the music _______ 2. take CDs to the party _______
3. play different kinds of music _______
4. think of _______ 5. in different ways _______
6. pop/popular music _______ 7. write music ____________
8. dance music ____________ 9. 近几年来 _______
10. 务必 11. 找乐 _______
12. 展览，陈列 _______ 13. 提醒，使记起 ______ 14 追赶，赶上 _______ 15. 据说
9. over the years
11. look for entertainment
12. on display
13. remind of
14. catch up
Music is an international language. The songs that are sung or played by instruments are beautiful to all people everywhere.
Popular music in America is __1__ every student likes .Students carry small radios with earthphones and __2__ music before class, after class, and at lunch. Students with cars buy large speakers and play the music loudly as they drive on the street.
Adult drivers listen to music on the car radio as they drive _3_. They also listen to the news about sports, the weather, politics, and activities of the American people. Most of the radio broadcast is music.
Pop or popular music singers made __4__ money. They make a CD or tape _5_ radio stations use in every state. Once the popular singer is heard _6_ the country, young people will buy his or her tape. _7_ the money from these tapes comes to the singer. _8_ the singer goes, all the young people want to meet him or her. Now the singer has become a national star.
There are other kinds of music that are _9_ to American. One is called folk music. It tells stories about the common life of Americans. Another is called western or country music. This _10_ by cowboys who would sing at night to the cows they were watching. Today, any music about country life and the love between a country boy and his girl is called western or country music.
1. A) what B) which C) who D)that
2. A) hear B) sound C) listen to D)listen
3. A) work B )working C) to work D)works
4. A) a lot B) lots of C) a lots of D)many
5. A) who B) whom C )which D)how
6. A) all over B) whole C)on
7. A) some B) any C) few
8. A) whatever B) however C) wherever
9. A) importance B) important C) very importance
10. A)start B)is started C)was started Key:
1. A 2. C 3. C 4. B 5. C
6. A 7. D 8. C 9. B 10. C
10 D)at D)some of D)Whenever D)both A and B D)started