1. He said he would come______ this afternoon.
A. some time B. sometime C. sometimes D. some times
2. Children in China have nothing______.
A. to worry B. to worry about C. worrying about D. worried
3. The book is so interesting that I want to read it_____ time.
A. the second B. second C. a second D. an second
4. Compared____ children in the village, we feel very luck.
A. about B. with C. in D. for
5. I work hard this term, but Peter works much______.
A. hard B. harder C. hardest D. the hardest
6. -----How was your trip in Chengdu?
---- Not so good. I stayed there for two days, but it rained on_____ of the days.
A. none B. neither C. both D. all
7. It is really cool to realize your dream_______ great effort.
A. through B. of C. till D. about
8. Mary is used________(wash) hands before meals.
Don’t use the cups there. They are not used to______ (drink) tea.
9. We______ in this pool when we were young, but now it______ fish.
A. are used to swim; used to keep B. used to swim; is used to keep
C. used to swim; used to keep D. used to swimming; used to keep
10. Jim looks sad in his bedroom. What______ today?
A. was happening B. has happened C. will happen D. was happened
11. I______ that I will fail my math test next weekend.
A. am worried B. am afraid of C. worry about D. nervous
12. ---- Did you use to play soccer often?
--- No, I played basketball______
A. a lot B. very much C. so many D. at all
13. Beijing has changed a lot______ the past five years.
A. at B. during C. from D. for
14. Now Helen works______ than she_____.
A. more carefully; used to B. more careful; before
C. much carefully; used to D. much careful; before
15. ______ that they haven’t known the news.
A. It seems B. It seemed C. They seem D. They seemed
16. Tom went_____ home without playing soccer with his friends after school today.
A. left B. straightly C. right D. to
17. ----- Why does he always get an “ A” in every exam?
----- Because he pays more attention to ______ the teacher carefully in class.
A. listen to B. listens to C. listening to D. listening
18. He_____ for two years. We are still sad about his _______.
A. died; dead B. died; death C. has been dead; dead D. has been dead; death
19. ----- Do you know Dave’s number?
----I think it may be NO.11, but I can’t remember_______.
A. probably B. exactly C. nearly D. particularly
20. ---- How many birds can you see in the tree?
----- ______. All the birds have flown away.
A. None B. No one C. Nothing D. A few
21. If you love what you are doing and work hard, you will_____ anything difficult and succeed.
A. get to B. get over C. get on D. get up
22. ---- Your brother often disagrees with you, _____ he?
----- ______. We often have different opinions.
A. does; Yes B doesn’t ; Yes C. does; No D. doesn’t ; No
23. The government is asked to improve school bus safety, _____?
A. didn’t it B. hasn’t C. isn’t it D. doesn’t it
24. Young trees must be_____
A. taken good care B. take good care of C. looking after well D. well looked after
25. The little boy seems_____ well with his classmates.
A. get on B. gets on C. to get on D. getting on
26. He spent____ in Beijing last month.
A. sometime B. sometimes C. some times D. some time
27. I had my bike____ yesterday. It was broken.
A. repair B. repairs C. repaired D. repairing
28. -----Which sweater do you prefer, the yellow one or the pink one?
-----______. I like a light blue one.
A. Either B. Both C. Any D. Neither
29. “ Peter doesn’t know much French” “_______”.
A. so do I B. So am I C. Neither do I D. Neither am I
30. Children should have at least ______ a night.
A. eight hours sleep B. eight hour’s sleep C. eight-hours-sleep D. eight hours’ sleep
31. There are many flowers and trees on _______ sides of the Century Road.
A. each B. every C. both D. all
32. Do you think the skirt looks beautiful______ me?
A. in B. with C. on D. for
33. The limited time has______ this job.
A. get in the way of B. get in the way C. got in the way D. got in the way of
34. Only in that way______ able to keep healthy
A. we will be B. will we be C. will be we D. we be will
35. _____ a professional lawyer is the woman’s dream.
A. Be B. Is C. Being D. Do
36. Mr. King_______ his business. His family was proud of him.
A. success in B. succeeded in C. makes success D. successful in
37. ------ Shall I tell Jim the good news?
------ No, you_______. I’ve told him already.
A. wouldn’t B. needn’t C. shouldn’t D. mustn’t
38. ------ I have heard Tom had an accident while he was riding to school yesterday. ------_______ ? He is always careful when riding.
A. How come B. What for C. Why not D. So what
39. Larry is nervous because he might not know_____ at the party.
A. someone B. everyone C. no one D. anyone
40. ----- How is Jim now?
------ Don’t worry. As soon as he______ the USA, he will send me an e-mail.
A. reaches B. gets C. will reach D. will arrive
41. Some of the apples are good, but______ are bad.
A. the other B. others C. rest D. the rest
42. What would you do if someone______ you for some money?
A. asked B. ask C. asks D. asking
43. Mike’s daughter is always shy in ______ and she is afraid to talk to_____
A. the public; public B. public; the public C. the public; the public D. public; public
44. The rest of the students______ not allowed to leave the classroom at that time.
A. are B. is C. was D. were
45.” I never feel nervous_____ in front of people.”
“You are confident.”
A. sing B. singing C. to sing D. sang
46. May parents live______ upstairs. But they usually go_____ downstairs to watch TV at night
A. in; to B. in;/ C. /; to D. /;/
47. Could you give me some advice_____ how to solve these problems?
A. to B. on C. at D. with
48. _______ girl riding a bike is______ university student.
A. A;an B. The ; an C. A; the D. The; a
49. He must be very busy today, ______?
A. mustn’t he B. can’t be C. isn’t he D. needn’t he
50. ---- Bill, is the pink umbrella Anna’s ?
-----NO, it______ be hers. Hers is purple
A. can B. may not C. would D. can’t
51. ---- May I take my pet dog with me into the cinema?
----- The rule says no. So you______
A. can B. mustn’t C. may D. needn’t
52. ---- Do I have to come back tomorrow?
----- Yes, you______
A. can B may C. must D. have
53. I was terribly_____ about the children when they didn’t come home from school.
A. sad B. nervous C. anxious D. happy
54. ---- Do you often see William ______ on the playground?
---- No, but he is often seen______ Chinese kungfu in the park.
A. run; play B. run; to play C. running; play D. running ; to play
55. ---- Who is knocking at the door?
-----_______ must be Mr Lee.
A. He B. That C. This D. It
56. With the help of the new technology, you ______ e-mail your friends by mobile phone.
A. can B. must C. need D. should
57. ---- You _______ be excited that you’re going back to your hometown soon. ----- Yes, I can’t wait any longer.
A. shall B. can C. need D. must
58. ______ nice the ice cream looks! I can’t wait to taste it.
A. How a B. How C. What a D. What
59. We have never visited the museum, but we have______ it.
A. stood for B. belonged to C. heard about D. kept to
60. This is the only book_____ was written by Lu Xun in the library.
A. that B. which C. who D. what
61. ----- Can you dance ______ the music?
-----Yes, I can. It’s easy.
A. with B. in C. at D. to
62. He has a friend who______ the piano very well.
A. play B. playing C. plays D. played
63. Do you know the girl_____ father owns a company?
A. who B. which C. that D. whose
64. ---- Which do you prefer, orange juice or apple juice?
----- _______, thanks. I’d like just a cup of tea.
A. Neither B. Either C. Both D. None
65. Her cousin really likes______ that can sing the songs clearly.
A. lyrics B. singers C. music D. songs
66. We’re afraid of the teachers______ strict with students.
A. that is B. which are C. who is D. that are
67. The air and water are important _____ us.
A. for B. to C. with D. on
68. I prefer news that______ about sports.
A. is B. are C. have D. with
69. ---- Did you hear______ in your room?
---- No, I didn’t.
A. anything unusual B. something unusual C. unusual anything
70. We’ve seen many musical bands_____ pretty strange names.
A. have B. has C. with D. of
71. Watch carefully everything______ the teacher will do.
A. that B. which C. what D. whom
72. There are many kinds of food here. I don’t know_____ next.
A. what to try B. how to try C. when to try D. why to try
73. They suggested_______ there by car.
A. go B. to go C. going D. goes
74. Your English won’t become better______. You must work hard at it.
A. itself B. oneself C. themselves D. yourself
75. My mothers hopes _____ go to college
4 D. unusual something
A. me to B. I can C. me D. can
76. This is _____ useful book. He wants to buy it at once.
A. a quite B. quite a C. an quite D. quite an
77. Can you provide us______ some information ______ the computer?
A. for; with B. with; about C. about; with D. with; with
78. Wuhan is _____ the east of Chongqing.
A. on B. to C. in D. over
79. ----- What would students like to do after finishing their education?
----- Most of them would like to work _______ they needn’t depend on their parents.
A. as soon B. so that C. before D. while
80. Volunteer team mostly ______ university and middle school students. They will mainly provide languages voluntary services.
A. consists of B. belongs to C. thinks of D. leads to
81. ---- I’m afraid the class has begun.
----- Don’t worry. It _______ until the bell______.
A. doesn’t begin; rings B. won’t begin; will ring
C. won’t begin; rings D. doesn’t begin; will ring
82. ----- What a nice meal! It’s really kind of you to invite us.
------ ______. I’m glad you liked it.
A. Not at all B. Sounds good C. Well done D. Never mind
83. ---- Do you know the meaning of this word?
---- No. But why not ______ in the dictionary?
A. look it for B. look it up C. look for it D. look up it
84. Again and again the doctor_____ the crying girl, but he couldn’t find out what was wrong with her.
A. looked out B. looked after C．looked for D. looked over
85. Don’t _____ your coal, Jane! It’s easy to catch a cold in spring.
A. take away B. take out C. take off D. take down
86. Mum, I volunteer my time_____ the plates today.
A. washing B. washed C. to wash D. be washed
87. Not only ______ polluted but______ crowded.
A. was the city; were the streets B. the city was; were the streets
C. was the city; the streets were D. the city was; the streets were
88. ---- I’d like to help homeless people.
----- You______ give out food at the food bank.
A. must B. should C. could D. mustn’t
89. Our classroom is______ fifty-five children.
A. the homes to B. home as C. home to D. the home to
90. ---- I’m _______ of being a volunteer.
---- So am I. Being a volunteer is great.
A. proud B. pride C. interesting D. exciting’
91. Don’t _____ today’s work till tomorrow. Today’s work must be done today.
A. put up B. put out C. put off D. give up
92. Not only ______ a bike for me but he sent it to my house.
A. he bought B. does he buy C. he buys D. did he buy
93. She needs some paper______.
A. to write B. to write in C. to write with D. to write on
94. ---- Are you playing tennis tomorrow?
---- ______. It depends on the weather.
A. I hope so. B. I think so C. Yes, I am D. No, I’m not
95. I left my keys at my aunt’s house. I felt tired and didn’t want to _____ them
A. take B. bring C. carry D. fetch
96. ---- Could you do something for me, please?
A. with pleasure B. for pleasure C. supposes D. regards
97. You’ve given Miss Smith so much help. She really_____ it.
A. appreciates B. receives C. supposes D. regards
98----- What smells terrible, Ted?
---- I’m sorry. I’ll______ my shoes and wash them at once
A. take away B. put away C. move away D. get away
99. My dog is _____ . It is safe to touch him if you want to.
A. smart B. brave C. happy D. friendly
100. ---- Why did you come back so early today?
----- The English party was_____ till next Friday.
A. put up B. put off C. put out D. put down
101. Bird’s Nest______ for the Olympic Games in Beijing
A. is built B. was built C. have built D. will be built
102. Look! What a nice garden! Yes. It_____ every day.
A. is cleaned B. has been cleaned C. is being cleaned D. was cleaned 103. The box is used_____ a chair sometimes.
A. by B. for C. as D. with
104. The sports meeting will______ next Monday.
A. hold B. holding C. be held D. be hold
105. I won’t have a trip to Mount Huang unless my best friend Amy____ too.
A. will invite B. invites C. is invited D. invite
106. The young man was often seen_____ by the lake.
A. to draw B. to drawing C. draw D. drew
107. Mr Wang _____ me with my English when I was in Grade Seven.
A. is used to helping B. used to help C. used to helping D. was used to help 108. The students at the back can’t see_____ .
A. enough clearly.. B. clearly enough C. enough clear D. clear enough 109. My mother told me that my homework must_____ on time.
A. finish B. be finish C. be finished D. finished
110. I borrowed a book______ by Mark Twain from the library last week.
A. written B was written C. wrote D. was writing
111. The _____ water has been run out.
A. drink B. drank C. drinking D. drinks
112. I often notice Mr Smith ______ coffee in the nearby café(咖啡馆).
A. drink B. drinks C. to drink D. drinking
113. It is ______ that the first computer was invented in America.
A. believe B. believing C. to believe D. believed
114. ----- Hey, Molly. You ______ on the phone just now. But you weren’t here and the man left a phone number.
----- Oh? I was in the library.
A. wanted B. are wanted C. were wanted D. have wanted.
115. It’s a custom in China to have some tea or other drinks before the meal_____
A. serves B. served C. is served D. will be served
116. You’ve to stay behind if your homework_______ before five o’clock.
A. isn’t done B won’t be done C. doesn’t do D. wasn’t done
117. A new club ______ in our school at the beginning of this year and now it has many members.
A. starts B. is started C. has started D. was started
118. By the time I got home, I realized that I ____ my pen in the classroom
A. forgot B. had forgotten C. left D. had left
119. They _____ already_____ lunch before they arrived at the hotel.
A. have; had B had; have C had; had D have; have
120. The students are_____ the school gate because their parents are waiting for them there.
A. running off B running off to C running away D. running away to
121. He ran_____ to me and told me the truth
A. close B. closed C. closely D. closing
122 You’d better go to the _____ countries to learn English.
A. English-speaking B .speaking-English C. English-spoken D. spoken-English 123. Hurry up and _____, or you will be late for school.
A. get dressed B. dress C. dress in D. dress up
124. ----- When shall we meet?
----- Let’s make_____ ten o’clock
A. that Ｂ/ C. it D. this
125. ---- When did your sister_______?
------ Three months ago.
A. marry B. get married C. is married D. been married
126. ------ How was your weekend?
----- Great! It was my grandfather’s ______ birthday. We enjoyed ourselves.
A. seventy B. seventieth C. the seventieth D. seventeenth
127. ------ Do you know the moving story of Jack and Rose?
----- Of course. I______ the film Titantic several times.
A. see B. saw C. have seen D. had seen
128. Mark_____ in China for 10 years and now he teaches Chinese in Britain.
A. has worked B worked C. had worked D. is working
129. ----What about _______ our pocket money for the children of the disaster area?
---- Good idea! I think they will be very_______.
A. raising; impressing B. raise; impressed C. raising; impressed D. raise; impressing 130. In our city,_________ are not allowed to go to school.
A. five-year-old B. five-year-olds C. five-years-old D. five-years-olds
131. ---Teenagers shouldn’t work on weekends.
----________. They sure need tie to do homework.
A. I agree B. I disagree C. Yes, I do D. No, I don’t
132. It’s silly _____ you _____ your car at such a low price.
A. for; to sell B. of; to sell C. for; sell D. of; sell
133. ----- Will your brother go for a picnic this Sunday?
----If I don’t go, ______.
A. so does he B. so he will C. neither will he D. neither does he
134. In our city, ______ college students want to work in West China in the future.
A. million B. millions of C. million of D. three millions
135. I don’t know if she_____ to my birthday party tomorrow. If she____ , I’ll be very happy.
A. comes; comes B. will come; comes C. comes; will come D. will come; will come 136. We should have_____ in ourselves. Only then could we do things_______.
A. success, successfully B. confidence, successful
C. confidence, successfully D. knowledge, success
137. -----Can I use your e-dictionary?
----Sorry, I don’t have_____.
A. it B. this C. that D. one
138. --- Something_____ terrible. What goes bad in the kitchen?
---- The meat.
A. looks B. tastes C. smells D. feels
139. ----When shall we go shopping, this afternoon or tomorrow morning?
----______ is OK. I’ll interview Linda.
A. Neither B. None C. Both D. Either
140. She got up to get some sleeping pills but found there was_____ left at home.
A. nothing B. none C. something D. nobody
141. ---- What a hot day! Have you had a drink?
----- Yes. But I’d like to have_____ after work.
A. the other B. other C. one D. another
142. The Internet______ it easy to get much new information in a short time.
A. finds B. makes C. feels D. takes
143. ----Excuse me. I want to change some money. Where can I find a bank?
--- I know ____ not far from here. You can easily find__________
A. that; it B. it; one C. one; it D. one; that
144. ---- Don’t be worried. The competition______ isn’t vey difficult. You can do it well.
---- Oh, I hope everything goes well.
A. itself B. myself C. yourself D. oneself
145. Though they are twins, they are not always______ each other.
A. agree with B. in agreement C. in agreement with D. in agreement to 146. Ann is very forgetful. You can’t ______ her to be here on time.
A. suggest B. expect C. except D. show
147. The groups_____ very cool clothes. But that’s not really important_____ me.
A. put on; to B. wear; for C. are putting on; for D. are wearing; to
148. ---- Do you know the man with dark glasses______ standing over there?
----- Certainly. He is my English teacher.
A. which are B. which is C. who are D. who is
149. You are classmates, and you are_____ to help each other.
A. suppose B. thought C. supposed D. think
150. Newspapers_____ much useful information every day. When you arrive at a new place, buy a newspaper first.
A. offer us B. provide with us C. afford D. provide with
151. ---- Is this your phone?
---- No. Ask Tom. He’s looking for_____
A. him B. his C. you D. yours
152. I don’t have enough money and I have to go home to____ some more.
A. take B. carry C. bring D. fetch
153. ---- We need to____ a time to have a talk now.
---- What about tomorrow? I am too busy today.
A. put up B. fix up C. use up D. look up
154. My new job is pretty good. I can have a better______, 1000 yuan more than I used to have.
A. pay B. boss C. time D. chance
155. We didn’t notice him___ when we read books.
A. to leave B. left C. leaves D. leave
156. We should keep the classroom_____ and tidy.
A. clean B. cleaned C. cleaning D. to clean
157. In recent years, many children are made_____ what they are not____
A. to do; interested in B. to do; interested C. do; interested D. do; interested in 158. --- I’m sorry I_____ the camera at home.
--- It doesn’t matter, but don’t forget_____ it here tomorrow.
A. forget; taking B. left; to bring C. forget; to take D. left; bringing
159. By the time they left, the rain______
A. stop B. stopped C. has stopped D. had stopped
160.. ---- When did Tina marry_____ Mr. White?
----- Oh, they have_____ for 20 years.
A. with; got married B./; got married C. /; been married D. with; been married 161. --- Why were you late for school?
--- Because my bike___.
A. turned off B. turned down C. broke off D. broke down
162. Jim sat_____ to his mother with his eyes half_____.
A. closed; opened B. close; open C. closely; opening D. close; opened
163. ---- Has anyone taught him how to do it?
--- Sure. Lots of advice____, but he hasn’t made a decision.
A. gave B. was given C. have been given D. has been given
164. --- You forgot to send the e-mail to the manager.
--- OH, my God. ______
A. So I did B. So did I C. I did so D. I didn’t do so
165. ---- He’s never stolen anything before, ____ he ?
--- ______. It’s his third time to be caught by the police.
A. is; No, he isn’t B.is; Yes, he is C. has; Yes, he has D. has; No, he hasn’t
166. The new bridge in Wenchuan ______ last month. Now it’s easy to go to the city center.
A. built B. was built C. has been built D. were built
167. ----I’m very tired these days because of studying for physics.
----- Why not ______ music. It can make you _____.
A. listen to; relaxing B. to listen to; to relax C. listening to; relax D. listen to; relax 168. David comes from_____ European country and he is ______ honest boy.
A. an; a B. a; an C. the; an D. a; the
169. I hate those_______ laugh at others when they make mistakes.
A. which B. they C. who D. whom
170. I always ______ you with your sister. You two look so alike.
A. mistake B. confuse C. mislead D. consider
171. ----- Something must______ to stop the farmers cutting down the forests.
---- You’re right. If we______, flood and drugs(洪涝和干旱)will happen more often.
A. do; won’t B. be done; don’t C. be done; aren’t D. do; don’t
172. Don’t put off______ what you should do today.
A. do B. to do C. doing D. done
173. I enjoy the story very much, but______ John_____ Tom likes it.
A. both; and B. not only; but also C. either; or D. neither; nor
174. My sister came into my bedroom, with a cup_____ milk in her hand.
A. filled B. filled of C. full of D. full withq
1-5 B B C B B 6-10. C A A B B
11-15. B A B A A 16-20. C C D B A
21-25. B B C D C 26-30 D C D C D
31-35 C C D B C 36-40 B B A D A
41-45 D A B D B 46-50. D BDCB
51-55 C A C B D 56-60 A D B D A
61-65 D C D A B 66-70 D B A A C
71-75 A A C A B 76-80 B B B B A
81-85 D A B D C 86-90. C C C C A
91-95C D D A D 96-100 AAADB
101-105 BACCC 106-110 ABBCA
111-115 CADCC 116-120ADDCA
121-125 AAACB 126-130 BCBCA
131-135. ABCBB 136-140. CDCAB
141-145. DBCAC 146-150 BDDCA
161-165.DBDAC 166-170. BDBCB