9A Unit 2 Color Integrated skills
The colors of the rainbow
red yellow blue violet orange green indigo
What do these colors represent?
1. blue 2.white calm purity joy
4. yellow 5. green
Colors to release
green yellow red
study for exams
tired or weak make a decision
Relationship between colors and moods
black blue green orange red white yellow
power and protection sadness or calm energy and nature success and joy power and strength calm and peace wisdom and warmth
Mrs. Rainbow’s Color Therapy
( the Teens Show on STTV
at 6p.m., 30th October )
Address:_____________________ 21/ F, 810 South– east Road
5557 8187 Tel:_____________________
Price:___________________ ￥20 for half an hour
Get my money back What if:__________________
Mrs. Rainbow’s colour therapy
21/ F, 810 South– east Road 1. Address:_____________. ￥20 for half an hour 2. Price:_________________.
Get my money back 3. What if: _____________________ Since she left college 4. How long:____________________.
Warm, sunny place; 4. If you’re feeling sad: _________________. rub oil into heads White oil 5. If you can’t sleep:________________. Dark hair / skin / purple 6. _______________match well with red __________. skin/ blonde hair match well with___________. orange /green 7.Pale _______________
Listen to the conversation between Millie and Amy ,twice for each question ,and then circle the correct answers.
Speaking up : Giving advice
1. What color does Andy prefer?
2. What clothes does Millie advise Andy to wear? 3. What does Andy think of Millie’s advice?
Asking for advice
--- I don’t know what to wear.
--- Could you give me some advice? --- Can you provide me some advice? --Do you have any good ideas about …? ---Maybe … What do you think?...
---Why don’t you …?
---Perhaps you should wear… ---How about…?
---It’s a good idea to wear because…
---Yes, you’re right. --- I think you should wear…
1. Suppose you’re invited to Millie’s birthday party this Sunday, what color clothes would you rather wear? Why? 2. Suppose you are asked to choose a color to paint your bedroom ,what color do you prefer? Why?
1. Write about the color you like best and why you like it . ( about 50 words )
2. a: Surf the Internet for more information about the relationship between colors and moods if possible b: Find the mixture of the colors.
your good job!
★ ★ the colors of the rainbow: colors and moods : (calm ; warm; energetic; strong) ★ ★ ★ ★ colors and what they represent synonyms prefer… to… / would rather… than… someone/ somebody; anyone / anybody; no one/ nobody
something; anything; nothing; none
Mixture of the colors
1. red + blue = purple
2. yellow + red = orange
3. yellow+ blue= green
Relationship between colors and
black blue green orange red white yellow power and protection sadness or calm energy and nature success and joy power and strength calm and peace wisdom and warmth