I’ll help clean up the city parks.
3.帮助做某事1.work outside2.clean up3.help (to) do sth.
5.give out=hand out4.帮助某人做某事4.help sb.do sth.=help sb.with sth.5.分发，发放
7.生病的孩子7.sick children=sick kids
8.课后学习活动8. an after-school study program
10.想出10.think up=come up with=think of
15.call up sb.=call sb.=phone sb.=ring up sb.打电话成立，建立16.set up=establish=start18.104.22.168.16.
17.Volunteer to do sth.17.自愿做某事
18.自愿用…做某事18.volunteer sth. to do sth
19.某人花…时间做某事19.It takes sb. some time to do sth.
= sth. takes sb. some time. sth.20主要的奉献20. a major commitment
21.使…充分发挥作用，好好利用…21.put sth. to good use
22.put sth. to bad use22.没有充分利用…，滥用…
23.小学23.elementary school =primary school
24.在课后关爱中心24. in the after-school care center
不但,而且27.not only…but also…28.用完28. run out of=use up29.与…相象29.take after=look like=be similar to
30.修理30.fix up=repair =mend
35.kind donation33.make a pen pal website
39.帮助某人摆脱困境39.help sb. out
40.马上40.at once= right away
41.寄（送）给某人某物41.send sb.sth.= send sth. to sb.
44.热线直播中心44.a call-in center45.动物助手45.Animal Helpers
16. not only … but (also) … 不但… 而且…
用来连接两个并列的成分(1)。因此⑴Not only do I feel good but (also)…. 是倒装句。也是说得要把前面的句子中的助动词或者是情态动词放在主语的前面。如：
1. Neither… nor…即不…也不… (him. 我和你都不喜欢他。
2.Either… or… 不是…就是… (两者中的一个)
Either Lily or you are a student.
3. Not only …but (also)…
4. There be
A1. I had to _______ the appointment with Tom till next week because of my illness.
A. put off B. put up C. put out D. put on
D2. My mother _________ her savings to better use by buying another house.
A. gave B. set C. made D. put
3. He looks sad. Let?s go and do something C_______.
A. cheer up him B. cheer him up C. to cheer him up D. to cheer up him
4. I told Tom not to spend too much time _______ on computers, but he didn?t listen Ato me.
A. working B. to work C. works D. worked
5. ---Look at those three kids. _______ of them Bwears a T-shirt.
---Wow! They look the same. Lovely kids!
A. Every B. Each C. All D. BothA6. The hospital ______in the neighborhood last year makes it more continent for us to see doctors.
A. set up B. got up C. used up D. made up
7. ---Would you like to do something to help homeless people?C---Yes, I?d live to, _______ I am not sure what to do.A. so B. and C. but D. or
A8. Not only _______ the money, but I was also in danger of being killed.
A. did I lose B. do I lose C. I lost D. I lose
9.---Could you lend me some money? ---Sorry. I B________ out of it.
A. run B. have run C. ran D. am running
10.----Lily ______ her father. ----Yes. She has curl Bhair too.
A. looks after B. takes after C. like D. is similarA11. ---Have you ________ the washing machine yet?---Sorry. I can?t do it. I?ll get it repairedthis afternoon.
A. fixed up B. put up C. cleaned up D. repair
12. ---What kind of volunteer work do you think _________?B
---You could start an English club and coach those who need to improve their language.
A. could I do B. I could do C. do C. to do
13. ---What is ?Animal Helpers??
---It is an organization _________ to help disabled Apeople.
A. set up B. was set up C. setting up D. is set up
B14. I sold my old car to a friend of _______ for only 40,000 yuan.
A. my B. mine C. me D. I C15. Why not open the window? The room is _______ heavy smoke!
A. full with B. filling with C. filled with D. filledC16. ---What did she say? ---She asked me ________.
A. if it will be possible for me to do some volunteer work on weekends
B. when was the organization set up
C. if I could help hand out the advertisements
D. that she would continue her education after finishing middle school
17. If the ideas he comes up with ________out fine, more money and more Btime will be saved.
A. works B. workC. to work D. will work
18. Living in Britain without knowing the language they speak is something A_______ you cannot imagine.
A. that B. which C. who D. what
19. The chair is not strong enough to _______ four people!cA. support B. carry C. sit D. stand
C20. The teacher didn?t give _______the papers to the students until the second bell rang.
A. in B. up C out D. away
1. I volunteered in an after-school study program to c_______ oachthose who are poor in English.
2. The old man cannot see anything. He is b_______ in both lindeyes.hut3. “S_______ up! I don?t want to listen to any of your excuses.” said the teacher angrily.
4. They had no food to eat on the lonely island. They all died ungerof h_______.
5. ---What does the s_______ mean? ign---It means ?No Smoking.?imagine想像) what the world will be like in the6. Can you ________(
future? Deaf 聋的) people are unable to hear anything.7. _______ (
8. Something is wrong with the camera. I will have itrepaired(修理)._______pleasure/hapiness快乐).9. His childhood was full of _________ (
10. These dogs are trained ________ specially(专门地)for disabledpeople.
1. Whenever I came across difficulties, Tom was outalways there and helped me_______.
2. ---He takes _______ his brother, doesn?t he? ---afterYes. They are similar ______ each other.to3. If you don?t know how to do it, better go and ask foryour teacher _______advice.up4. ?Set ______ ? means ?establish.?up5. Take down the old pictures and put ______ the new ones.off6. The sports meet was put _______ till next week because of the rain.
7. What a mess the room is! Why not clean it up_______?for8. I am writing to thank you _______ your kind donation.
to beI want ______ _______ a professional singer.
putHe said he would ______ his weekends ______ better _______.useto
donatedThe money they have _______ will be well _______ to help the students______ cannot usedwhoafford their schoolings.
4. 我们把自行车修好，然后赠送给需要的人。fixedWe _______ up the bikes and gave them away to the people _______ needed.who