Unit 2 What time do you go to school?
Period Two Section A（ 听说课）
1. Students learn to use the words and expressions:
never , usually, half, past, quarter, get up, get dressed, brush teeth, take a shower, on weekends. Students should learn to ask about and say times. For example: A: What time do you usually take a shower, Rick?
B: I usually take a shower at six forty.
A: When does your friend go to school?
B: He usually goes to school at eight .
2. Students should also learn to talk about daily routines freely.
For example: I usually get up at seven o’clock.
They always go to school at eight o’clock.
He is never late for work.
3. At the same time, students should master the use of adverbs of frequency
Such as, always, usually, never.
二．Teaching and learning steps:
StepⅠ Previewing and testing
Let students look at the pictures and say the phrases that the picture
get up get dressed
brush teeth take a shower
eat breakfast go to school
StepⅡ Warming up and leading in
1. Let’s come to 1a, can you match the words with the things? Do it,
1a Match the words with the things in the picture. After they finished,
share their answers
2.Give some Proverbs about the time to lead in.
Time is money. 一寸光阴，一寸金。
Time is life. 时间就是生命。
Time flies. 时光如梭
Time and tide wait for no man. 时不我待！
Then show some pictures and ask students to look at the pictures to say
out the time.
T: What time is it? / What’s the time?
4:05 four five 6:10 six ten
7:15 seven fifteen 9:20 nine twenty
six twenty-five nine thirty
3.Ask students to look at the pictures , ask and answer about the pictures
according to the example.
For example: What time do?
What time does she usually get up?
She usually gets
up at six twenty
What time does he usually …? He usually … at …
StepⅢ Listening practice
1. Listening for the main idea 听取大意
1b.Play the tape for the students and ask them to Listen and match the
times with the actions. Draw lines from the clocks to the
pictures. And check the answers.
2a. Play the tape for the students and ask them to listen to the
conversation and complete the sentences.
Jim’s family has
Then check the answers.
2.Listening for details 听取细节
2b Listen again. Complete the shower schedule for Jim’s family.
Then check the answers.
StepⅣ Post-listening activities
2c Ask students to fill in the blanks.
Your time schedule
Now talk about yourself according to your time schedule.
Ask different students to act out their conversations. Make sure that most of them have chances.
A: What time do you usually get up?
B: I usually get up at five fifty.
A: Wow! I never get up so early.
2d Ask students to look at the pictures and learn the new words of 2d.
an interesting job funny
exercise go to work
1.Ask students to read the conversation in 2d . Fill in the blanks.
2. Ask students to Role-play the conversation in pairs. One acts the
interviewer, the other acts Scott.
Interviewer: Scott has an interesting job. He works at a radio station.
Scott, what time is your radio show?
First read the sentences in Grammar Focus.
What time do you usually get up?
I usually get up at six thirty.
What time do they get dressed?
They always get dressed at seven twenty.
What time does Rick eat breakfast?
He eats breakfast at seven o’clock.
When does Scott go to work?
He always goes to work at eleven o’clock. He’s never late.
When do your friends exercise?
They usually exercise on weekends
Then ask students to fill in the blanks.
1. 可以看出，询问做某事的时间时，可以用__________和______ 两个疑问
________ + does + ____________ 主语 + 动词短语?
或_____+ does + _____________ 主语+动词短语？
__________ + do + _______________ 主语 + 动词 短语？
或_______ + do + ______________ 主语+动词短语?
3. 在答语中always, usually, never频率词等放在主语与谓语动词之间。 3a Write answers or questions. Use always, usually or never. Ask students to do first, then share their answers.
1. What time do you get up on school days?
Rick always gets up at 6:20.
3. What time do you have breakfast?
Anna never eats breakfast.
5. What time does your best friend go to school?
3b Write about something you always do, something you usually do and
something you never do.
Ask students to write their answers in pairs. Then act out.
S1: I always… I usually… I never…
S2: I always… I usually… I never…
S3: I always… I usually… I never…
S4: I always… I usually… I never…
3c Interview three of your classmates.
Find out what time they do these activities.
Give a report to the class. For example:
In our group, Jenny usually gets up late on weekends. She gets up at seven
o’clock. She always exercises at eight o’clock. She usually eats dinner at six thirty. She usually takes a shower at nine o’clock. She usually goes to school at seven thirty on school days.
StepⅤ Inquiry into knowledge by translation
1. job与work 辨析
work是不可数名词, 主要指要付出努力 的劳动 鲍勃想找一份好的工作。
Bob wants to find a good ____.
I have much _____ to do today. 她每天六点钟去上班。
She goes to _____ at six o’clock. 2. That’s a funny time for breakfast!
time常常和介词“for”搭配，表示“做……的时间”。如： We don’t have too much time for sports. 我们没有太多的时间开展体育活动。
Time for dinner, children. Go and wash your hands, please. 孩子们，饭好了。去洗手吧。 3. exercise 的用法小结
His grandpa _________ in the morning.
He does about fifteen minutes’ ________ every day. ? 作可数名词，意为“体操；（技能）练习”。 我们每天做早操。
We do morning ________ every day.
4. station 意为“电（视）台；车站”
如： TV station 电视台
bus station 公交车站
5. be late for 意为“做……迟到”
Tom is always ____ ____ school.
StepⅥ The end-of-class test
(一) Choose the best words to fill in the blanks.
never, weekends, dressed, group, best
1. Who is your ____ friend?
2. Jenny and Mary always play tennis on _________.
3. Tom can play guitar well in our ______.
4. Bob _____ eats ice-cream. He thinks it’s not healthy.
5. His sister usually gets _______ at 6:00 in the morning.
1. Jim eats breakfast . (划线部分提问) _____ _____ ____ Jim eat breakfast? 划线部分提问) _____ _____ Linda go to work?
3. Eric doesn’t get up early on weekends. (同义句转换) Eric ____ _____ ____ on weekends.
4. Grace always s exercises at six in the morning. (否定句) Grace _____ exercises at six in the morning.
A: Hi, Rick, What ____ do you get up?
B: I usually get up __ five thirty.
A: Wow. I _____ get up so early.
B: I like sports. I always _______ at five fifty.
A: What time do you ________ breakfast?
B: At seven twenty. Then I _____ teeth.
A: _____ do you go to school?
B: At seven forty. I’m never ___ for school.
（一）1.best 2.weekends 3. group 4. never 5.dressed
（二）1. What time does 2. When does 3,gets up late 4.never （三）1. He’s never late for work.
2. My brother always gets dressed at seven o’clock.
3. My aunt usually exercises at 8:00 on weekends.
4. He always eats breakfast at 7:00 on school days.
5. Jack usually takes a shower at ten o’clock in his group.
（四）time at never exercise eat/have brush When late 亮点：