1. 一般在词尾 + er 2. 以不发音的字母 e 结尾的 + r 3. 重读闭音节词词尾只有一个辅音 字母时，先双写辅音字母再 + er 4. 以辅音字母 + y 结尾的单词，变 y 为 i + er
5. 多音节词和部分双音节词前加 more
2. Are you funnier? Yes, I am. I’m funnier than I was
two years ago. 3. Are you more outgoing?
Yes, I am. I’m more outgoing
than I was two years ago.
4. Do you study English harder? Yes, I do. I study English harder than I did two years ago. 5. Do you sing better? Yes, I do. I sing better than I did two years ago.
Gong Hanlin is _______ thinner _____ than Liu Huan. Liu Huan sings ______ better _____ than Gong Hanlin.
Gao Yuanyuan is as ________ beautiful (漂亮) as Sun Li. Sun Li works as _____ hard (努力) as Gao Yuanyuan.
Read the conversation and match the people with the right things.
a. sang better
b. with shorter hair c. practice more and really wanted to win Lisa d. sang more clearly e. danced better
Role-play the conversation. Did you like the singing competition yesterday, Anna? Oh, it was fantastic! Nelly sang so well.
5. competition n. 比赛；竞赛；竞争 e.g. The singing competition was very interesting yesterday. 昨天的歌唱比赛很有趣。 6. fantastic adj. 极好的；了不起的 e.g. Look! Our English newspaper is really fantastic. 看！我们的英语报真是太棒了。
pron. & adj. 哪一个；哪一些
指上文或下文提到的几个名词 中的一个或一些。 e.g. Which is your bike, Mary? 哪一辆是你的自行车，玛丽？ Which girl runs faster? 哪一名女孩跑得更快一些？
7. clearly adv. 清楚地；清晰地；明白地
e.g. Can you see the words clearly?
你能清楚地看到那些字吗？ 8. win v. 获胜；赢得 e.g. It’s easy for us to win the game. 我们赢得这场比赛很容易。
1. A + be + 形容词比较级 + than + B
e.g. I’m more outgoing than you. 我比你更外向。 2. A + 实义动词 + 副词比较级 + than + B e.g. Tom jumps higher than Jack. 汤姆比鲍勃跳得更高。
两者进行比较,表示“一方与另一方一样??” 1. A + be + as 形容词原形 + as + B e.g. Jack is as funny as Mike. 2. A + 实义动词 + as 副词原形 + as + B e.g. Claire gets up as early as Sue. 两者进行比较,表示“前者不如后者??” 1. A + be+not +so /as 形容词原形 + as + B 2. A +don’t/doesn’t+ V原形+so/ as 副词 原形 + as + B
Complete the sentences according to the text.
1. 汤姆比萨姆更聪明吗？ Is Tom _______ smarter ____ than Sam? 2. 不是。萨姆比汤姆更聪明。 No, he isn’t. Sam is _______ smarter _____ than Tom. 3. 塔拉比蒂娜更外向吗？ Is Tara _____ more ________ outgoing _____ than Tina?
4. 不是。蒂娜比塔拉更外向。 more ________ outgoing No, she isn’t. Tina is ______
5. 你和你姐姐一样友善吗？ ____ as friendly ___ as your sister? Are you ___ 6. 不是。我更友善一些。
No, I’m not. I’m _________. friendlier
Does Tara work ___ as _____ hard ___ as Tina? 8. 谁在学校里更努力一些？ Who’s _____ more _____________ hard-working at school? 9. 蒂娜认为她学习比我更努力。 Tina thinks she works _____ _____ harder than me.
Use the words to write 3a questions and answers. 1. Julie / tall / you
Q: Is Julie as tall as you? A: No, she isn’t. She’s _____ taller than me.
2. Jack / run / fast / Sam Q: ____________________________ Does Jack run as fast as Sam? A: No, he doesn’t. He runs _____ faster than Sam.
3. your cousin / outgoing / you Is your cousin as outgoing as you? Q: _______________________________ more outgoing A: No, she isn’t. She is ______________ than me. 4. Paul / funny / Carol Q: _______________________ Is Paul as funny as Carol? A: No, he isn’t. He is _________ funnier than Carol.
Compare your parents. Check (√) 3c who is smarter, funnier, etc. in the chart. Then ask your partner about his /her parents. A: Who is smarter, your mother or your father? B: I think my mother is smarter than my father.
Mother smart funny work hard
friendly sing well
Fill in the blanks.
1. My hair is ______ longer (long) than my
2. I am _____ taller (tall) than you.
3. She is _____ more ________ outgoing (outgoing)
4. Lily is _______ heavier (heavy) than Lucy.
And Lucy is _______ thinner (thin) than Lily.
5. I have _______ shorter (short) hair than Tina.
6. Tom is more _____ ____________ hard-working (hard-
working) than Tim.
Say something about your past and now.
I was shorter and more outgoing … But now, I am taller and …