1.These natural disasters have warned us that everyone should start to protect the _____ immediately.
A. amusement B. development C. environment D. government
2. For my homework I have to write a(n)______ about the wonders of the world.
A. music. B. picture. C. composition. D. exam
3. Read the ______ carefully. They will help you know how to use the popper.
A. instructions B. decisions C. results
4. Mandeep can go to school now ----UNICEF has paid for her _______.
A. education B. vacation C. competion D. invention
5. Cici enjoys dancing. It's one of her .
A. prize B. prizes C. hobby D. hobbies
6. 1 have some problems with my English writing. Can you give me some____?
A. advice B. decisions C. information D. messages
7. - I'm going to the supermarket. Let me get you some fruit.
- OK. Thanks for your _____.
A. offer B. information C. message D. order
8. _______ about the sports meeting make us excited.
A. News B. Information C. Messages D. Advice
9. -Where's Jack?
-He's left a ________ saying that he will be back in a minute.
A. message B. news C. information
10.I don't know how to deal with my family problem. Can you give me some___________?
A. advice B. messages C. information D. instructions
11. -Dad, I've got an "A" in the math exam.
-Great. And I'm sure you will do better, because this is a good ______.
A. report B. result C. start D. skill
12. -How many teachers are there in your school?
them over two hundred.
A. woman; The number of; is B. women; The number of; is
C. woman; A number of; is D. women; A number of; are
13. Stop making so much _____. The children are sleeping.
A. voice B. noise C. sound
14. - Did you hear any strange _____when the quake happened?
- No, I was in my garden with my flowers and was enjoying the beautiful _____of my birds at that time.
A. voice; noise B. noise; sound C. whisper; sound D. sound; voice
15. He has poor _______, so he can't see the words on the blackboard clearly.
A. smell B. taste C. hearing D. eyesight
16.As young adults, it is our_____ to try our best to deal with each challenge in our education with the help of our teacher.
A. work B. job C. duty D. task
17. Work hard, and you'll get good ________.
A. lessons B. notes C. grades D. answers
18. The singer felt very sorry and decided he would never drive again after
drinking. The traffic accident was really a _________ to him.
A．game B. pleasure C. skill D. lesson
19.-Mrs Black, could you give me some advice on how to write an application
-With pleasure. Remember that the letter should be written in the formal
A. value B. style C. effect D. mood
20.Today, we have many other _______ to pay besides coins or paper money.
A. excuses B. ways C. chances D. plans
21.-I'm sorry I went out for a smoke. I was very tired.
-There's no ______ for this while you are at work.
A. cause B. excuse C. matter D. choice
22.-Mrs. Wang was sent to teach English in a poor mountain village last year.
-She said she would never forget some pleasant ______while working there.
A. experiments B. expressions C. experiences D. emotions
23.- Excuse me. may 1 know your_______?
- Sure. It's No. 3. Bridge Street.
A. house B. address C. way D. place
24. My classmate lent me a(an)so that I wouldn't get wet in the rain.
A. candle B. umbrella C. scarf D. Wallet
25. The two cities have reached anto develop science and technology.
A. education B. excitement C. agreement D. invention
26.-Jack, will your family move to Shanghai?
-Yes. That's a very big my parents made.
A. decide B. decision C. education
27. ---- I hear you are not allowed to eat in class.
----Right. It's one of the in our school.
A. plans B. orders C. rules D. suggestions
28.In order to stay fit, people pay more attention to their ___________.
A. diet B. experience C. thoughts D. awards
29. —Have you ever seen the movie called Los Angles 2011?
—Yes, but I think it’s ______. I fell asleep when I saw it.
A. exciting B. boring C. bored
30. We felt ________ when Liu Xiang won the first prize again in the race.
A. brave B. proud C. successful D. worried
31. Why are you staying up so late playing computer games again?
Stop being so ______!
A. funny B. silly C. serious
32. The bag that my grandpa made for me ____ gets out of style, but it is still the
hing in my mind.
A. usually B. normally C. gradually
33. In America, when you’re give a present, you can open it ______. You don’t have
A. immediately B. properly C. carefully D. quietly
34. —Boys and girls, we will have a three-day holiday next week.
—Great! What ________ news!
A. exciting B. bad C. dissaponted
35. ________ the movie star goes, there are lots of fans waiting to see her.
A. Whatever B. However C. Wherever D. Whoever
36. If everyone pours less polluted water into Dianchi Lake, it will be _______.
A. deeper and deeper B. cleaner and cleaner
C. dirtier and dirtier D. wider and wider
37. —Look , how beautiful the car is!
—Yes, but it’s too _________ for me.
A. expensive B. high C. cheap D. low
38. His grandparents live ____ in a small house, but they don’t feel _______.
A. lonely; alone B. alone; lonely C. lonely; lonely D. alone; alone
39.—Who is suitable for the new chairperson of the Students’ Union?
—David is. He is ______ enough to come up with new ideas.
A. imaginative B. humorous C. modest D. outgoing
40.Sally used to be__, but now she enjoys meeting and talking to new friends.
A. active B. shy C. honest D.
41. －It’s going to rain. Let me fetch an umbrella for you.
－Thank you！You are so .
A. lucky B. kind C. relaxed D. interesting
42. After a three hours' long walk, the boys look rather______.
A. excited B. bored C. tired D. stressed
43. Some students are so ______ that they often make mistakes in their homework.
A. carful B. serious C. careless
44. He said he would come to see us the next afternoon.
A. sometime B. some time C. sometimes D. some times
45．In China it is a custom to give kids lucky money_____ during the Spring Festival.
A. finally B. luckily C. simply D. especially
46．Everybody should remember it is not ______ to swim in the river alone．
A．healthy B. safe C．possible D．comfortable
47. Stay away from junk food, please. It’s bad for us，_________ for children!
A. recently B. especially C. probably D. nearly
48. ---I’m really _________ before the exam.
---Take it easy. You’re the best.
A. surprised B. nervous C. comfortable D. confident
49. –Mr Smith, I don’t think we can get there on time by bike.
–You mean it’s ______ for us to take a taxi?
A. necessary B. important C. possible D. difficult
50.—What do you think of Liu Huan?
—Oh, he is my favourite singer. I think no one can sing________.
A. good B. well C. better D. best
51.Elephants eat_______, but they can move _______when necessary.
A. noisy; silent B. noisily; silently C. noisily; silence D. noisy; silence
52. The Internet is really __ to us. We can easily find the information we need.
A. safe B. hard C. boring D. useful
53. He was late this morning, because the bus was too ____ for him to get on.
A. quiet B. tidy C. crowded D. noisy
54. I ________ go to the theatre, because I don’t like operas at all.
A. always B. often C. sometimes D.
55. I don’t have any close friends here. I feel ______ from time to time.
A. alone B. happy C. lonely D. proud
56. My cousin wants to keep slim. She does exercise every morning and ______ eats
A. seldom B. always C. usually
57. Mr. Zheng is such a __________ person that he has donated much money to the
chools in his hometown.
A. selfish B. patient C. humorous D. generous
58. He was late this morning, because the bus was too ____ for him to get on.
A. quiet B. tidy C. crowded
59. —So where do you want to go, Tina?
—Let' s go to the Blue Lagoon. The soft music makes me relaxed.
A. exhausted and sleepy B. calm and comfortable
C. active and energetic D. tense and disgusted
60.We can do a lot to stay healthy. ___,we should eat a balanced(平衡的) diet.
A. At a time B. In fact C. First of all D. All
61. ---Terra, you shouldn’t be so ____. You always leave your things here and there.
---Sorry, mom. I’ll put them away soon.
A. terrified B. cheerful C. careless D. frightened
62. — How do you like the game show?
—_______ I can't stand it.
A. Funny B. Important C. Perfect D. Awful
63. - I wore sports shoes to the ball yesterday evening by mistake!
- Oh, dear, you must be very _____ at the ball!
A. embarrassed B. satisfied C. tired D. surprised
64. —Wuhu is a beautiful city.
— Yes, and I feel ______ to live there.
A. comfortable B. worried C. afraid D. tired
65.—I think winter is a beautiful season,_______ when it snows.
A. specially B. especially C. probably D. properly
66. --- Shall we go the museum?
--- All right! I hear there are many first-class photographs ______.
A. on show B. on board C. on sale
67. She had to sell the house even though it was ______ her own wishes.
A. above B. on C. against D. for
68. We can get fresh water from rain, from rivers, or from ______ the ground.
A. across B. under C. over D. off
69. Cheng Long and Li Lianjie have much _______. And they often play similar roles in the
A. in general B. in style C. in common D. in shape
70.—Is the film interesting?
—I thought it would be. But ______, it’s very boring.
A. in all B. in fact C. in addition D. in future
71. I live ＿＿＿the market. So I have to drive to buy vegetable and fruits.
A. far away B. near to C. far from
72.----Is Jack good at basketball?
- ---Yes. _____basketball he is also good at table tennis.
A. Except B. Besides C. But D. Beside
73.The moonlight goes _____ the window and makes the room bright.
A. across B. through C. over D. in
74.--Can a plane fly _______ the Atlantic Ocean?
--Yes, but it needs to go_________ the clouds for hours.
A. across, through B. through, across C. across, across D. through, through
75. — Will you please give the dictionary to Jane?
—Sure, I’ll give it to her ____ she arrives here.
A. before B. until C. because D. as soon as
76. Hurry up , ____ finish your soup!
A. or B. but C. and D. while
77. You'd better take the map with you you won't get lost,
A. as long as B. as soon as C. now that D. so that
78. You won't feel happy at school ______ you get on well with your classmates.
A. though B. when C. unless D. because
79. _____ Tom _____ Peter are fond of watching TV.
A. Not only… but also B. Both…and C. either…or D. neither…nor
80. —___ Rose ____Jack watched Prince William's wedding on TV yesterday.
— What a pity! They misses the exciting moment.
A. Both, and B. Not only; but also C, Either; or D. Neither, nor
81. The girl is ____ a nice girl ____ we all want to help her.
A. such; that B. too; to C. so; that D. very; that
82.My father spends much money on books,________ he’s not rich.
A.but B.because C.even though
83. I won’t pass the exam ______I work hard.
A. whenever B. because C. if D. unless
84. It’s too late to invite any more people. __, you know how Tim hates parties.
A. Besides B. However C. Still
85. The magazine was started by Becky, ______ I know.
A. as far as B. as well as C. as soon as D. as much as
86. He had to retire(退休) early ______ poor health.
A. as a result B. because C. so D. because of
87. ______ you don’t give up , your dreams will come true.
A. As long as B. As soon as C. As well as
88. _______Lisa _______Lucy may go with you because one of them must stay at
home to take
care of the dog.
A. Not only ---but also B. Neither---nor C. Both---and D. Either----or
89.If plastic and rubber are burnt, they'll poisonous gases
A give up B give in C give off D give out
90. the bus after it came to a stop.
A Get into B Get out C Get away D Get off E Get on F Get out of
91. When does her new book ?
A come in B come out C come on D come up
92.If you insist on leaving now, please .
A go on B go off C go back D go ahead
93.We can't a bicycle, let alone a car
A offer B offen C afford D effort E affect
94.The nurse is always full of for her patients.
A taught B laugh C thought D though
95.The passage is too narrow for cars to
A through B although C though D thought
96.I have got a letter notifying me to before the committee.
A allow B appear C applause D approve
97.He behind when we were climbing the mountain.
A fall B fail C feel D felt E failed F fell
97.John through a difficult period shortly after his marriage broke down.
A pass B passed C past D pasted
98.I have never met a foreigner who speaks such Chinese
A respect B repair C expect D required E perfect
99. You'll get nowhere if you follow his .
A instruction B introduce C influence D introducing E instructing 100. Don't rush into marriage; you might it later.
A return B repair C refuse D regret
101. TV viewers have been writing to of the false advertisement.
A complain B compare C compete D complaining
102. The snow will soon when the warm weather comes.
A disagree B disappointed C disappear D disable
103. The matter was so that she dismissed it from her mind.
A unnecessary B unbelieveable C unimportant D understandable
104. He's too to think of lending me his car.
A endless B breathless C helpless D selfish
105. Yes, I did know about your new car—and , it’s not news now.
A in this way B by this way C on the way D by the way
106.The cat is creeping towards the bird.
A surprisingly B suddenly C silently D softly
107. He's the best teacher even though he has the least .
A experienced B experiment C experience D experiential
108. Marx wrote back to say that Engels' had greatly encouraged him.
A pride B praise C proud D polite
109. Hopefully the tree will some blossom next year
A products B phrases C production D produce
110. Report has it that the ballet will visit England
A long before B soon after C before long D after that
111. Joseph sat on a hill in the middle of nowhere, writing his name into the dirt with a stick.
“Joseph!” his mother called. Joseph looked at the farmhouse that was now supposed to be his home. As he finished the last 35 , he noticed something metal shining in the rosy late-afternoon sunlight.
A. name B. number C. letter D. picture
112. Joseph stuffed his hand into his pockets and shrugged(耸肩). He 42 the old key.
A. felt B. found C. took D. carried
113. Later, he went down the stairs to look for something to read. In the deep silence, his mother sat alone on the living-room sofa. On her lap lay a photograph album. Looking up, she smiled 41 and said, “See what I found? Here’s your great-grandfather. He’s about your age in this picture. Do you think you look like him?”
A. surprisingly B. seriously C. hopefully D. thoughtfully
114. As he moved closer to look at the photograph, something else 43 his
eye. “What’s that?” he asked, pointing to a painted wooden box on the coffee table.
A. hurt B. caught C. moved D. had
115. It was a very cold night, Sunday, February 6. Patrick heard his dog barking (狗叫
声) in the garage (车库). He went there with some food to 35 it down.
A. turn B. put C. quiet
116. Suddenly, the truck began to slide (滑动). It rolled (转动) two or three times
before 39 to a stop, tilted into a snow bank on its passenger side.
A. coming B. going C. running
117.Finally, she 40 to push the heavy driver’s door open enough so that the
lights turned on.
A. managed B. tried C. started D.
118. Averie wriggled (蠕动) 42 the broken passenger’s window.
A. around B. through C. from
119. This happened to me at the age of twelve. It seems like a long time to
remember the name of the old lady. Yet it keeps in my 35 that she taught me a
lesson in tolerance(宽容) which I shall never forget.
A. diary B. memory C. notebook D.
120. I was too scared(胆怯) about getting caught by the old lady that first night.
However, a few days later, when I was sure that I hadn’t been 39 , I started to
feel guilty(有罪的) for what I had done.
A. discovered B. controlled C. invited
121. Reaching for the cookies, I 46 an envelope and pulled it out of the bag.
When I opened the envelope, I was surprised to see the seven dollars and a short
note that said, “I’m proud of you!”
A. bought B. filled C. felt
1-5CCADD 6-10AAAAA 11-15CBBBD 16-20CCDBB 21-25BCBBC 26-30BCABB
31-35BCAAC 36-40BABAB 41-45BCCAD 46-50BBBAC 51-55BDCDC 56-60ADCBB
61-65CDAAB 66-70ACBCB 71-75CBBAD 76-80CDCBD 81-85ACDAA 86-90DADCE
91-95BDCCA 96-100BFBEAD 101-105ABCDB 106-110CCBDC 111-115CACBC