Unit5 Do you have a soccer ball?
(Section A 1a～1c)
1. To master words: have, soccer ball, tennis ball, ping pong ball, volleyball,
And sentence: Do you have …? Yes, I do.
No, I don’t.
Does he/she have a...? Yes, he/she does.
No, he/she doesn’t.
2. To make the students know how to ask whether others have something or not and how to answer it.
3. To develop the students’ ability of listening, speaking and reading. And make
the students love sports, love life.
Key points: kinds of sports, Do you have …? Yes, I do. No, I don’t.
Difficult points: As above and phonetics
Teaching aids: radio and PPT
Step 1: Warming-up
Have some simple dialogues with two or three students to make an example for the class.
(Show my own pen) This is my pen. I have a pen. Do you have a pen?
(With the help of the teacher) Yes, I do./ No, I don’t(do not).
Good, and today we’ll talk about what we have.
Step 2: Presentation
1. Present new words (with PPT)
What’s this? It’s a _____
Read after me. I have a _____
Do you have a _____. Yes, I do./ No, I don’t
(Soccer ball, tennis ball, ping-pong ball, volleyball, basketball, bat…)
2. Show the pictures, have a practice.(design some games to make them
active and also attract their attention.)
3. Match the words with the things in 1a.
Step 3: Practice
1. The best listener
Listen and circle the words you hear. (1b)
You’re great! Now please look at the four items in the list in 1b and read
them. I’ll play the record twice. Please listen carefully and circle the words
2. Do pair works
According to the PPT, the students are required to practice in pairs. And
make sentences by using new structure, for example, Do you have a
soccer ball? Does he/she have a football?
3. Make a survey
I will ask students to have discussions with their partners and fill in the
tables about their obsessions
Step 4: Summary
To present the PPT and make a conclusion.
Step 5: Homework
1. Copy the new words in your exercise-book
2. Write down at least three dialogues in your exercise-book.
3. Finish the tasks in the exercise book.
Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball?
I have a ______________
ping-pong bat Yes, I do
Do you have a soccer ball No, I don’t