Unit 1 Topic 3
第一部分 听力 (20分)
( )6. A. Sorry. It’s a secret. B. I am OK.
( )7. A. Kangkang was. B. Kangkang did.
( )8. A. Yes, I would. B. Let’s go.
( )9. A. Let’s make it half past two. B. At the school gate.
( )10. A. Certainly. B. Good idea. Ⅲ. 听对话，判断正(T)误(F)。对话读两遍。（5分）
( )11. Wang Fang is going to see a film.
( )12. Li Kang would like to go with Wang Fang.
( )13. They will meet at three this morning.
( )14. Wang Fang and Li Kang meet on the way.
( )15. They will go there with their skating shoes. Ⅳ. 听短文，回答问题。短文读三遍。（5分）
16. Is Mike good at playing basketball?
1 C. I can’t tell you. C. You’re right. C. Yes, I’d love to. C. Sometimes. C. Not at all.
17. When do Jack and Jim play basketball?
18. Which is Jack’s favorite basketball player, Yao Ming or Michael Jordan?
19. What do Mike and his friends do on Tuesday evenings?
20. Is Ronaldo Mike’s favorite football star?
第二部分 基础知识运用 (55分)
( )1. I bought a pair of running shoes because I want to _______ the teachers’ relay race.
A. join B. join in
C. take part D. have part in
( )2. The motto of the modern Olympics is “_______. ”
A. Fast, High, strong B. Faster, Higher, Stronger
C. Faster, High, strong D. Faster, High, Stronger
( )3. The first Olympics started in_______.
A. Atlanta B. London
C. Athens D. Sydney
( )4. —Li Lei is the first _______ the finishing line.
—How great he is!
A. pass B. passing
C. to pass D. past
( )5. Li Ming will take part in the boys’ _______.
A. 800-meter race B. 800-meter races
C. 800 meter race D. 800-meter-races
( )6. —Shall we go out for a picnic this Sunday?
A. That’s right. B. Best wishes.
C. Good idea. D. It’s nothing.
( )7. Don’t shout at him. He is only _______ boy.
A. a eight-year-old B. an eight-year-old
C. a eight years old D. an eight years old
( )8. He is ill. I don’t know _______ he will come to school.
A. how B. weather C. when D. whether
( )9. All the Chinese were _______ when they heard Liu Xiang won the first. It was really
A. exciting, excited B. excited, exciting
C. exciting, exciting D. excited, excited
( )10. —Hi, I’m Xiao Li, I’m very glad to _______ friends _______ you.
—Me too. I’m Xiao Wang.
A. get; like B. make; with C. get; with D. make; to 2
Mike: Hello! 11. Jack: This is Jack speaking.
Mike: Hi, Jack. This is Mike. Are you free this afternoon?
Jack: Yes, what’s up?
Mike: I have two film tickets. 12. Jack: Yes, I’d love to. 13.
Mike: At 3:00 this afternoon.
Jack: 14. Mike: Let’s meet at my home.
Jack: OK. 15.
Mike: See you.
Look! The boy over there is Kangkang. He looks strong because he exercises every day. He is one of my best He a new day with morning exercises. After morning exercises, he English at home. Then it’s time breakfast. His habits are very . He eats a lot of vegetables. He eats junk food. He says it’s bad for to eat junk food too much. In the afternoon, he goes swimming with his friends. Now he is to swim pretty well. He often TV at home and sometimes he surfs the Internet and talks with me on the Internet.
( )16. A. classmate B. friend C. friends D. teacher
( )17. A. start B. begin C. starts D. begins with
( )18. A. reading B. sees C. looks D. reads
( )19. A. to take B. to have C. for take D. for have
( )20. A. eats B. eating C. to eat D. eat
( )21. A. good B. bad C. well D. badly
( )22. A. always B. often C. never D. usually
( )23. A. healthy B. health C. healthily D. fit
( )24. A. be able B. able C. able to D. to able
( )25. A. watches B. reads C. sees D. looks Ⅳ. 阅读理解。（30分）
There is an Asian (亚裔的) American basketball player in the NBA. Do you know who he is? Yes, he is Lin Shuhao. His English name is Jeremy Lin. He is another basketball star after Yao Ming. So many people call him the second Yao Ming. But he doesn’t like it. In the 1970s, his family moved to America from Taiwan, China. He is twenty-five years old. His elder brother is Josh and Joseph is his younger brother. He studied at Harvard University (哈佛大学) from the year 2006 to the year 2010. His father, a fan of the NBA, taught him to play basketball when he was young. Now Lin Shuhao plays for the Houston Rocket (休斯敦火箭队). He works hard and plays very well. Now he is popular with many people.
( )26. Lin Shuhao was born _______.
A. in 1982 B. in 1984
C. in 1986 D. in 1988
( )27. Li Shuhao learnt to play basketball from _______.
A. his father
B. Yao Ming
C. his elder brother
D. his classmates and teachers
( )28. He _______ from 2006 to 2010.
A. lived in Taiwan with his family B. played for the Houston Rocket
C. studied at Harvard University D. began to learn basketball
( )29. Many people likes him because _______.
A. he looks like Yao Ming
B. he works hard and plays basketball very well
C. he is tall and looks good
D. he graduated from the famous Harvard University
( )30. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. He has two brothers.
B. He is Chinese.
C. He likes people to call him the second Yao Ming.
D. He was born in Taiwan.
More and more people around the world are joining in dangerous sports. Some people climbed the highest mountains; some traveled into unknown parts of the world; some sailed small boats across the largest sea. Now some people begin to look for new excitement.
Bungee jumping (蹦极) and motorcycle racing (摩托车赛) are quite dangerous sports. Bungee jumping only lasts for a few minutes or even seconds. You jump from a high place, about 200 meters above the ground, and there is a rubber band (橡胶带子) tied to your legs. When you jump down, the rubber band pulls you up. About 2,000,000 people around the world have tried bungee jumping.
Why do people join in these dangerous sports? Some scientists say that it is because modern life has become safe and it is not interesting. In the past, people lived in danger. They had to go out and look for food, and life was like a fight but was interesting.
Many people think that there is little excitement in life. They live and work in safe places, buy food in shops, and there are doctors and hospitals to look after them if they become ill. 根据短文内容，选择正确答案。
( )31. People like to join in dangerous sports because _______.
A. they have a lot of free time
B. they can go to the hospital if they are hurt
C. they need excitement
D. they don’t need to look for food
( )32. _______ is not a dangerous sport.
A. Climbing the highest mountains
B. Playing table tennis
C. Traveling into unknown parts of the world
D. Sailing small boats across the largest sea
( )33. In bungee jumping, you _______.
A. jump up as high as you can
B. jump down with a rubber band tied to your legs
C. jump down without a rubber band
D. jump to the ground
( )34. In the past, people lived in danger because _______.
A. the living condition (生存条件) was poor
B. there was no doctor or hospital
C. there were many dangerous animals
D. all of above
( )35. Which is NOT true?
A. Everyone’s life is interesting.
B. Many people live and work in safe places.
C. Many people buy food in shops.
D. People can go to see the doctors when they become ill.
In 1896, the first modern Olympic Games was held in Athens, Greece. From then on, many countries had successfully held the Olympics, such as England, France, Germany, Canada, the U. S. A. , Spain and Australia. After more than a hundred years, the Games returned to its hometown in the year of 2004. When a country hosted the Olympic Games, they always made an emblem (会徽). The emblem of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games was a white circle of olive branches (橄榄枝) in the sky.
In 2008, Beijing hosted the Olympics. Its emblem is“ Jing”. It means the capital of China and it is also like a runner or dancer. The running figure (人形) of the emblem shows the spirit (精神) of the Olympics: Faster, higher and stronger.
36. When was the first modern Olympic Games held?
37. What do people make when they hold the Olympic Games?
38. How many years passed when Athens held the Olympic Games once again?
39. Does the character (图案) of“Jing”mean the capital of China?
40. What’s the spirit of the Olympic Games?
1. He looks old and he is at l_______ 60 years old.
2. The government (政府) should give every child a c_______ to go to school.
3. Five rings are a s_______ of the Olympic Games.
4. This evening Kangkang will go to the movies in the Haidian T_______.
5. Beijing h_______ the 2008 Olympic Games.
6. He is a _______ (success) businessman (商人).
7. He is an English _______ (love).
8. I am glad to hear the _______ (excite) news (新闻).
9. He is a great _______ (invent) because he invented many new things.
10. He plays basketball very well and he is a good _______ (play).
Li Lei left me a telephone _______ yesterday.
He is one of the most famous _______ _______.
I can’t _______ the environment here.
There _______ _______ more and more wide roads in our city.
What does CBA _______ _______?
1. Kangkang, join, relay race, yesterday 2. Jack, first, cross, line
3. ring, stand for, parts 4. Ling Ling, well, English
5. Liu Xiang, win
听 力 材 料
Unit 1 Topic 3
1. The girl does badly in swimming.
2. The boy got a gold medal in the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
3. Kangkang was able to play basketball when he was very young.
4. Li Bing is the winner in this game.
5. My father bought a gold ring for my mother yesterday.
6. Could you tell me your age?
7. Who won in the long jump?
8. Would you like to go to the zoo with me?
9. When shall we meet?
10. Shall we meet at my home?
W: Hello! Can I speak to Li Kang?
W: Hi, Li Kang, this is Wang Fang. Would you like to go skating with me? M: Yes, I’d love to. When shall we meet?
W: Let’s make it three o’clock this afternoon.
M: Where shall we meet?
W: At my home. Don’t forget to take skating shoes.
Jack is a basketball fan. He is good at playing basketball. Michael Jordan is his favorite basketball player. Jim is on the school basketball team. Every Friday afternoon they play basketball after class. Jack’s friend Mike doesn’t play basketball well, but he is good at football. Ronaldo is his favorite football star. Mike is a member of the school football team. They often watch football matches on Tuesday evenings.
Unit 1 Topic 3
Ⅰ. 1. A 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. B
Ⅱ. 6. A 7. B 8. C 9. A 10. B
Ⅲ. 11. F 12. T 13. F 14. F 15. T
Ⅳ. 16. No, he isn’t.
17. Every Friday afternoon.
18. Michael Jordan.
19. They watch football matches.
20. Yes, he is.
Ⅰ. 1. B 考查join in + races的用法。
2. B 考查奥运会的格言: Faster, higher, stronger.
3. C 考查有关奥运的常识，第一届奥运会是在雅典举办。
4. C 根据 be the first to do sth.是固定短语可知，故选C。
5. A 考查800-meter race的用法。
6. C 对 Shall we …？提供建议的回答常用Good idea，故选C。
7. B 根据“数词一名”结构做定语可知，故选B。
8. D 根据句意“他病了，我不知道他是否要来上学”可知要填“是否”，故选D。
9. B 根据 excited修饰人，而exciting修饰物可知，故选B。
10. B 根据词组make friends with sb. 意为“和某人交朋友”可知，故选B。 Ⅱ. 11. Who is that?
12. Would you like to see a film with me?
13. When will it begin?
14. When and where shall we meet?
15. See you then.
Ⅲ. 16. C 因为 one of后跟名词复数，故选C。
17. C 因为 He是单三人称，故不选A、B。根据句意“伴随着晨练他开始了新的一天” 可知选C。
19. B 因为“It’s time to do sth”是固定句型，故选B。
20. B 因为eating habits是“饮食习惯”的固定表达法，故选B。
21. A 根据句意“他的饮食习惯很好”可以排除B、D；又因句be动词之后要跟形容词， 故选A。
22. C 因为康康饮食习惯好，所以他从不吃垃圾食品，故选C。
23. B 因为be bad for+名词是固定短语，故选B。
24. B 因为be able to do是固定短语，故选B。
25. A 因为看电视常与动词watch搭配，故选A。
26. D 根据文章中间原句 He is twenty-five years old可知他今年25岁，由此推出他是1988
27. A 根据文章原句 His father, a fan of the NBA, taught him to play basketball when he was
28. C 根据文章原句 He studied at Harvard University (哈佛大学) from the year 2006 to the
29. B 根据文章倒数第二句可知他训练刻苦球技很好，故选B。
30. A 根据文章第八句可知在林书豪未出生之前全家便迁往了美国，所以他不是中国人，
31. C 根据第一段最后一句 “现在一些人开始寻找新的刺激” , 可知选C。
32. B 根据第一段可找到 “爬最高的山,去世界一些未知的地方旅游, 坐一只小船横渡最
34. A 根据第三段最后一句和倒数第二句可知 “在过去,人们生活在危险当中,他们不得
35. A 根据最后一段第一句“很多人认为生活中刺激太少” , 可知, 故选A。
36. In 1896. 37. An emblem. 38. 108 years. 39. Yes, it does.
40. Faster, higher and stronger.
Ⅰ. (A) 1. least 2. chance 3. symbol 4. Theater 5. held
(B) 6. successful 7. lover 8. exciting 9. inventor 10. player
Ⅱ. 11. message 12. modern; players 13. stand 14. will be 15. stand for
Ⅲ. A)1. Kangkang joined in the relay race yesterday.
2. Jack was the first to cross the finishing line.
3. The five rings stand for the five parts of the world.
4. Ling Ling does well in English.
5. Liu Xiang won a gold medal.
B) Last week our school held a sports meet on the playground. All the students were very excited. Kate is good at running and she took part in the girls’ 400-metre relay race. She won the first place. Lucy joined in the long jump, but she did badly. I was in the boys’ 100-metre race and I was the first to cross the finish line. At last, our class won the first place.