Unit 1 Topic 2
第一部分 听力 (20分)
( )6. A. Yes, you’d better not. B. No, you’d better not.
C. No, you can’t smoke.
( )7. A. You can ask him. B. You’d better catch a bus.
C. You are all right.
( )8. A. That’s right. B. That’s OK. Please take a seat.
C. All right.
( )9. A. No, I can’t. B. Sure. C. No, thanks.
( )10. A. No problem. B. Not at all. C. That’s very kind of you. Ⅲ.听对话及问题，选择正确答案。每组对话及问题读两遍。（5分）
( )11. A. Music. B. Art. C. Sports.
( )12. A. The girls. B. The boys. C. Class Three.
( )13. A. In 1942. B. In 1946. C. In 1948.
( )14. A. He asks her to come earlier next time.
B. He asks her to study hard.
C. He asks her to go home earlier.
( )15. A. He fell ill. B. He went to Beijing. C. He lost his pen. Ⅳ.听短文，判断正(T)误(F)。短文读三遍。（5分）
( )16. Michael Jordan was born in Washington, DC.
( )17. Jordan could play basketball very well in his high school.
( )18. He played so well that people called him “Air Jordan”.
( )19. He became a basketball team member in the Houston Rockets.
( )20. Once he got 36 points in one game.
第二部分 基础知识运用 (55分)
( )1. —I’m sorry for _______ I said.
—It doesn’t matter.
A. how B. which C. what D. when
( )2. —I’d like to read the book over there. Could you pass _______, please? —Certainly. Here you are.
A. me it B. it to me C. me for it D. it for me
( )3. —Many new drivers don’t have good _______ for driving. They’re called Road
A. skill B. skills C. look D. looks
( )4. The saying A tree can’t make a forest (森林) tells us that _____ is very important in a football match.
A. skill B. body C. teamwork D. speed(速度)
( )5. —Would you mind _______ us in the game?
—Not at all.
A. joining B. join C. join in D. joining in
( )6. I couldn’t follow what he said _______, but at last I understand.
A. for the first B. at first C. the first D. at the first
( )7. —Our school football team lost. We didn’t _______.
—That’s too bad.
A. score B. scored C. scores D. to score
( )8. —I’m sorry to tell you a fast car _______ Li Lei yesterday.
—Oh, that’s terrible!
A. to hit B. hitting C. hit D. hits
( )9. —I’m so sorry for losing your dictionary.
A. Oh, it doesn’t matter. B. You’re welcome.
C. That’s OK. D. Thank you all the same.
( )10. —Will you join us?
A. No, I won’t. B. You’re welcome.
C. I hope not. D. Of course, I will.
A：It’s Sunday tomorrow. 11. B：Oh, I am going to watch a football match. It’s between Korea and China.
A：Wonderful! I really hope we’ll win this time. 12. ?
B：At 3 o’clock in the afternoon. I have two tickets here. 13. ?
A：Of course I’d love to. But I can’t. We will have a basketball match tomorrow afternoon. B：What a pity! 14. ?
A：A team from No. 2 Middle School.
A：In our school.
B：Good luck to you and your team then!
A：Thank you. See you later.
Now more and more people get to know the importance of doing sports. It can bring fun us and it can also make us
what should we do?
First, we should choose (选择) our favorite ones from kinds of sports. The sports must be right for us.
Second, we must warm up (热身) before .
Third, a beginner, you had better have an exercise plan. For example, are you going to exercise each time? How many a week? If you’re a of sports, it’s important to know this.
Last but not least, you had better not exercise if you feel , or it will be very dangerous.
( )16. A. for B. to C. with D. on
( )17. A. health B. healthy C. warm D. healthily
( )18. A. Or B. And C. But D. So
( )19. A. same B. the same C. difference D. different
( )20. A. exercise B. exercising C. to exercise D. exercises
( )21. A. as B. than C. then D. so
( )22. A. how often B. how many C. how much D. how long
( )23. A. times B. time C. people D. players
( )24. A. love B. loving C. loves D. lover
( )25. A. fine B. fit C. ill D. well Ⅳ. 阅读理解。（30分）
Most people make their living (谋生) with their hands, but Bob makes his living with his feet. Bob’s story began in a small city in England. His parents were poor. Seven people lived in a small house. Bob had no place to play but on the street.
Bob’s father often played football. Little Bob wanted to play football, too. So his father made a soft (柔软的) ball for him to kick. It was a sock full of old cloth. He kicked it every day.
At last Bob learned to kick a real football. And after a few years he could play football very well.
( )26. People usually make their living _______.
A. by learning by themselves B. with their feet
C. by playing football D. with their hands
( )27. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Bob was born in a small village. B. Bob’s house was very big.
C. There were eight people in the family. D. The little boy often played on the street.
( )28. Why did the father make a soft ball for his son?
A. Because the family all liked football.
B. Because Bob also liked to play football.
C. Because they had lots of old cloth.
D. Because he didn’t want to throw the sock away.
( )29. The word “kick” in the story means _______.
A. 踢 B. 玩 C. 射门 D. 弹起
( )30. From the story we can see _______.
A. Bob’s age
B. it’s about an American boy
C. Bob’s mother’s name
D. the boy became a good football player at last
（B） you enter a junior high school, everything is new: new school, new teachers, new students…Then what should you do? Now I give you some advice.
When you meet problems, you should speak them out. You can tell your problems to your parents. They can help you with your problems. Of course, you can also let your teachers know. I am sure they will be glad to help you. Most of time we work and play with our classmates. You can communicate with your classmates. You will find you are not alone because they have the same problems as you.
Another way is to take an active part in the school activities. It’s good for you to make more friends. If you are good at swimming, you can join the school swimming club. If you do well in English, you can go to the English corner often.
One day, you will leave school and come into the society (社会). You will also meet many problems. The advice above will help you.
( )31. The passage mentions (提到) _______ ways to solve the problems.
A. 2 B. 3 C. 4 D. 5
( )32. The underlined (划线) word“environment”in the first paragraph means _______.
A. 社会 B. 学校 C. 环境 D. 城市
( )33. You can’t _______ when you are in trouble (麻烦) at school.
A. ask your teachers for help
B. tell your parents
C. take part in the activities
D. stay alone and solve the problems by yourself
( )34. How many new students have the same problems in a new school?
A. None. B. Some of them.
C. Almost everyone. D. Everyone.
( )35. The passage tells us _______.
A. how to solve the problems in a new environment
B. how to swim
C. how to take part in the swimming club
D. how to make friends
In China, many young people like playing soccer. It’s very popular. But the Chinese don’t call it soccer. They call it football. Are they different?
In fact, there are two kinds of football games. One is American football, and the other is soccer. There are 11 players in a soccer team. And the soccer is round. Only the goal-keeper can play the ball with hands. The others can’t play the ball with hands, and they can only play it with their feet.
In the U. S. A. , soccer is not very popular. They prefer American football to soccer. There are also 11 players in an American football team. The ball is not round. It’s oval. All the players can play the ball with hands and feet. And the goal is bigger than the one of soccer games. American football is quite different from soccer.
( )36. An American football team has the same number of players as a soccer team.
( )37. Most Americans like soccer.
( )38. The two kinds of balls look the same.
( )39. Only the goal-keeper can play the ball with hands in an American football match.
( )40. The goal of soccer games is smaller than that of American football games.
1. The old man was born in the 19th c_______.
2. You can t_______ the basketball from any part of the court.
3. I’ll go s_______ else.
4. Could you please give me a h_______?
5. Listen! They’re t_______ about the weather.
6. Every day we walk _______ (穿过) the school gate.
7. All the football players must _______（遵守）the football rules.
8. I think that Yang Liwei and Liu Xiang are both our country’s _______ (英雄).
9. Dr. White _______（发明）a kind of new medicine last year.
10. I want to be an _______（发明家）when I grow up.
11. Could you please hold the ball?（改为否定句）
Could you please _______ _______ the ball?
12. —Would you mind passing me the ball?（作肯定回答）
—_______ _______ _______.
13. The two kids fought for a toy car. （同义句转换）
The two kids _______ _______ _______ for a toy car.
14. There is a football match. （改为一般将来时）
There _______ _______ _______ _______ a football match next weekend.
_______ are you sorry_______?
根据表格中所提供的信息，以My Favorite Player为题写一篇60词左右的短文。（任选其一）
听 力 材 料
Unit 1 Topic 2
1. (M:) Would you mind opening the window?
2. Li Ming fell ill. Let’s go to see him.
3. He wants to join an English team.
4. (M:) I finish doing my homework.
5. He is angry with his son.
6. Do you mind my smoking in here?
7. How can I get to the Capital Stadium?
8. I’m sorry I’m late for class.
9. I don’t know how to use the word. Could you give me an example?
10. Let me help you carry the big box.
11. W：Lucy’s brother is good at the high jump.
M：That’s true. He likes running and playing basketball, too.
Q：What does Lucy’s brother do well in?
12. W：Did you win in the last football match, Lu Ming?
M：No, our team got one goal, and the girls got two goals.
Q：Who won the game, the boys or the girls?
13. W：Would you mind telling me something about the NBA?
M：Of course not. It came into being in 1946.
Q：When was the NBA born?
14. W：I’m sorry, Mr. Wu. I’m late.
M：Would you mind coming earlier next time, Kate?
W：Sorry. It won’t happen again.
Q：What does Mr. Wu ask Kate to do?
15. W：Why didn’t Kangkang come to school yesterday?
M：He was ill.
W：I’m sorry to hear that.
Q：What was wrong with Kangkang?
Michael Jordan is the most famous basketball player in the world. He was born in Brooklyn, New York. He didn’t play very well when he joined the basketball team in his high school at first. Michael Jordan became famous when he joined the basketball team in North Carolina. He played so well that people called him “Air Jordan”. Then he became a basketball team member in the Chicago Bulls. He once got 63 points in one game.
Unit 1 Topic 2
Ⅰ. 1. C 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. B
Ⅱ. 6. A 7. B 8. B 9. B 10. C
Ⅲ. 11. C 12. A 13. B 14. A 15. A
Ⅳ. 16. F 17. F 18. T 19. F 20. F
Ⅰ. 1. C 此句中 what作said的宾语, 表示“我说的话”。故选C。
2. B 此句考查 pass sb sth, pass sth to sb和 pass it/them to sb固定短语，故选B。
3. B 根据句意可知，“马路杀手”没有驾驶“技能”，故排除C，D；又因为skill是可数 句词，该句主语 drivers是复数，故选B。
4. C 谚语“独木不成林”用于集体项目的足球赛，表明“合作”的重要性，故选C。
5. A 考查would you mind+doing形式。故选A。
6. B 此句考查固定短语 at first, 故选B。
7. A 根据题干空格前“didn’t”可知，应填动词原形，故选A。
8. C 根据句意可知“一辆轿车撞了李雷”时间是“昨天”，空格处应填动词的过去式， 故选C。
9. A 由句意他丢掉了字典而感到抱歉，应回答没有关系。故选A。
10. D 考查“Will you . . . ?” 的答语,A、B、C均不符合题意。故选D。 Ⅱ. 11. What are you going to do
12. When will it start
13. Would you like to go with me
14. Which team will you be/play against
15. Where will you play
Ⅲ. 16. B bring sth. to sb.是固定短语，故选B。
17. B 根据句意“运动使我们健康”，故不选C；又因为 make sb+形容词是固定短语，故 选B。
18. D 根据上下文意思，此处表示顺承关系，故选D。
19. D 根据句意，此处表示“不同种类的运动”，用形容词，故选D。
20. B before doing是固定结构，故选B。
21. A 根据句意“作为一个刚开始锻炼的人”可知，故选A。
22. D 根据句意“每次运动多久”可知，故选D。
23. A 根据句意“每周运动几次”可知，此处应是“次数”之意，故选A。
24. D 根据句意“如果你是一个运动的爱好者”可知，故选D。
25. C 根据句意“如果你感到不舒服，最好不要运动”可知，而“feel ill”表示“不舒服”， 故选C。
26. D 根据第一段第一句Most people… hands 可知“大多数人靠双手谋生”。故选D。
27. D 根据第二段最后一句Bob had no…提到 “Bob没有地方玩, 只能在街上玩。” 故选D。 8
28. B 根据第三段第一句和第二句Bob’s father…, too提到 “Bob的父亲经常踢足球, Bob 也想踢足球。” 故选B。
29. A kick意为“踢”。
30. D 根据第四段最后一句“几年后, 他球踢得很好。” 可知选D。
31. A 根据第二段第一句 you should speak them out和第三段第一句 Another way is to
take part in the school activities可知，“你应该把他们说出来”“另一个办法是积极参 加学校活动”，故选A。
32. C 根据句意“人们在刚进一个新的环境时往往会遇到问题”可知，故选C。
33. D 根据第二段和第三段文意“遇到问题时向家长，老师和同学求助”“积极参加学校
34. C 根据第二段末句 You will find you are not alone because they have the same problems
36. T 根据第三段第三句There are alsoⅡplayers …可知，本句说法是正确的。
37. F 根据第三段第二句They prefer playing …可知，本句说法是错误的。
38. F 根据第二段第二行第三句And the soccer is round. 以及第三段第二行第二句“The
ball is not round. ”可知本句说法是错误的。
39. F 根据第二段末句以及第三段第6句可知本句说法是错误的。
40. T 根据第三段倒数第二句可知本句说法是正确的。
Ⅰ. 1. century 2. throw 3. somewhere 4. hand 5. talking
6. through 7. follow 8. heroes 9. invented 10. inventor
Ⅱ. 11. not hold 12. Not at all 13. had a fight 14. is going to be 15. What, for
My Favorite Player
My favorite player is Zhang Yining who is 1. 68 meter tall. She is a table tennis player on the national team of China. She was born on October 5th, 1982. When she was six years old, she began to practice playing ping-pong. She started to play on our national team in 1995. She is clever, quick and hard-working. In 2004 Athens Olympic Games, she did very well and got medals. I like her best because I like ping-pong.