13. I don't know _____ he will be back home.
A. who B. what C. when D. where
14. Could you tell me ___________?
A. where do you live B. who you are waiting for
C. who were you waiting for D. where you live in
15. Do you still remember _______?
A. that he said B. what he said C. did he say that D. what did he say
16. I can't understand ______the boy alone.
A. why she left B. why did she leave C. why she had left D. why had she left
17. She told me the sun ______ in the east.
A. rise B. rose C. rises D. had risen
18. They tried to find out ______ the new train ________.
A. how far/ had gone B. how long/ has gone C. how far/ went D. how far had/ run
19. The manager came up to see __________.
A. what was the matter B. what the matter was C. what the matter is D. what's the matter
20. Can you tell me ___________?
A. where are you doing B. where do you study
C. where you were doing D. where you study
21. I really don’t know _______ the window yesterday..
A. who broke B. who had broken C. why broke D. whether breaks
22. He asked his father _______.
A. where it happens B. where did it happen C. how it happened D. how did it happen
23. No one tells us______, so we need your help.
A. how we should do B. what should we do C. how to do it D. what to do it
24. _______ he'll come or not isn't important.
A. Why B. If C. Whether D. What
25. Would you like to know _______they will do it or not.
A. if B. that C. whether D. why
26. ---Where do you think _____ he ____ the TV set?----Sorry, I've no idea.
A./, bought B. has, bought C. did, buy D. did bought
27. Our hometown has changed a lot. Who can tell _____ it would be like in _____ five years.
A. how, another B. what, more C. how , other D. what, another
28. ----Could you tell me ______?---- Yes. He ____ to the USA.
A. where is he/ has been B. where he is/ has gone
C. where was he/ has been D. where he was/ has gone
29. ----Mike wants to know if ____ a picnic tomorrow.
----Yes. But if it _______, we'll visit the museum instead.
A. you have/ will rain B. you will have/ will rainC. you will have/ rains D. will you have/ rains