1. 由that引导的宾语从句。that只有语法作用，没有实在的意义，在口语 和非正式文体中可以省略。例：
He said (that) he wanted to stay at home.
She doesn’t know (that) she is seriously ill.
I am sure (that) he will succeed.
2. 由连接代词who, whom, whose, what, which和连接副词when, where, why, how引导的宾语从句。这些连接代词和连接副词在宾语从句中充当某个成分。例如： Do you know who (whom) they are waiting foe?
He asked whose handwriting was the best.
Can you tell me where the No.3 bus stop is?
I don’t know why the train is late.
3. 由if或whether引导的宾语从句。if和whether在句中的意思是“是否”。例如： I want to know if (whether) he lives there.
He asked me whether (if) I could help him.
I hear (that) physics isn’t easy.
Can you tell me how I can get to zoo?
Please tell me when we’ll have the meeting.
1. 如果主 如： I don’t think (that) you are right.
Please tell us where he is.
Can you tell me how I can get to the railway station?
2. 如果主句宾语从 过去进行时， 过去将来时，过去完成时）。例如：
He asked what time it was.
He told me that he was preparing for the sports meet.
He asked if you had written to Peter.
He said that he would go back to the U.S. soon.
3. 如果宾语从句所陈述的是客观真理 Our teacher said that January is the first month of the year.
Scientists have proved that the earth turns around the sun.
1. Your T-shirt is so cool. Could you tell me ________?
A. where you buy it B. where do you buy it
C. where you bought it D. where did you buy it
2.—Excuse me .Could you tell me_____ I can get to the Space Museum?
--Of course. You can take bus No.1.
A. where B. how C. if D. why
3.—Do you know ________the new mobile phone last week?
--Maybe 900 yuan. I’m not quite sure.
A. how much she paid for
4. Michael Jordan has failed over and over again in his life.And that’s ____ he succeeds .
A. what B. when C. why D. where
5. —Do you know ________the girl in red is?
—I’m not sure. Maybe a teacher.
A. when B. how C. where D. what
6. --Would you please tell me __________?
--At 10:00 this evening.
A. when will the train leave B. when the train will leave C. when does the train leave
7. -Tommy, do you know if Frank ________ to the zoo this Sunday if it ________? -Sorry, I have no idea.
A. will go; is fine B. goes; is fine C. will go; is going to be fine D. goes; will be fine 8. Sue told me that she _________ shopping with her sister the next day.
A. will go
A. rise B. would go C. goes D. has gone 9. Our teacher told us the sun ________ in the east. B. rose C. rising D. rises
10. --Listen! It is still noisy in the head teacher’s office.
-Go and see ________ they have finished correcting the papers yet.
A. though B. whether C. unless D. while
11. ---Can I help you?
---Yes. I’d like a ticket to Mount Emei. Can you tell me ______ take to get there?
A. how soon will it B. how soon it will C. how long it will D. how long will it
12. You can’t imagine _________ when they received these nice Christmas presents.
A. how they were excited B. how excited they were
C. how excited were they D. they were how excited
13. Every morning the patients are asked if ________ their temperature taken.
A. they had had B. have they had C. they have had D. had they had
14. It’s up to you to decide _______ you’ll go there, by air or by road.
A. how B. why C. that D. when
15. -Do you know ________ last night?
-Sorry, I don’t know. But I think he should go to bed early because he will have an English exam this afternoon.
A. when he goes to bed B. when he went to bed C. when did he go to bed B. how much will she pay for C. how much did she pay
16. We are going to have the sports meeting _____it _______tomorrow.
A. if, rains B. unless, will rain C. unless, rains D. when, will rain
17. ______ of the students in our class _______ from the country.
A. Three fifth, is B. Three fifths, are C. Third fives, are D. Three five, is
18. To complain too often ______a good thing.
A. it isn’t B. that isn’t C. isn’t D. isn’t it
就近原则也称“邻近原则”，即：谓语与靠近的名词、代词在“人称、数”上一致。 这些词组有there be ……句型, Neither……nor……, Either……or……, or , Not……but…… , Not only……but also……,
1.There be 句型
There is a book and some pencils on the desk.
=There are some pencils and a book on the desk.
类似的还有here 和 This. Here is a man and woman
Neither you nor he is right. = Neither he nor you are right.
Neither you nor I am wrong. = Neither I nor you are wrong.
Either they or Jim is going to Shanghai next Saturday.
= Either Jim or they are going to shanghai next Saturday.
4.not only...but also...
Not only Ann but also her parents stay at home every Sunday.
= Not only Ann's parents but also she stays at home every Sunday.
Not only the students but also the teacher wishes for a holiday.
Not only they but also I am keen on sports.
此类连接词有with, along with, together with, as well as, besides,, including
All the students, including Tom, are leaving.
Each of these books was interesting.
1. Not only he but also I A. is B. are C. am D. be
2. One or perhaps more pages _____ missing.
A. is B. are C. has been D. have been
3. An expert, together with some assistants, ____ to help in this work.
A. was sent B. were sent C. is sending D. are sending
4. The police ____ the black in winter.
A. wears B. wear C. put on D. puts on
5. The number of students that you have met ____ the life of the team.
A. are B. is C. were D. be
6. The worker and writer _____ from Wuhan
A. are B. is C. were D. be
7.The teacher scolded the boy caught ______ in the exam.
A. cheating B. having cheated C. to cheat D. to be cheating
1. --Ought I to go right now? ---_________。
A. That’s very bad. B. Yes, you go ought to C. Yes, you ought D. No, you ought not to
2. I don’t know when he ________. When he _______ here, I’ll call you in a minute。
A. will come; will arrive B. comes; arrices C. will come; arrives D. comes; will arrive
3. He turned ________ the radio a little because his father was asleep。
A. on B. down C. up D. off
4. They each ___ a book. Each of them ___ from China。
A. has;are B. have; is C. are having;are D. is having;is
5. If anyone wants to say something in class, you ________ put up your hands first。
A. must B. may C. should D. can
6.The pen _________ him ten yuan。
A. paid B. cost C. took D. spent
7.The train _________ for twenty minutes。
A. left B. has left C. is leaving D. has been away
8. In the past few years there _________ great changes in my hometown。(兰州10)
A. have been B. were C. had been D. are
9. —Could you tell me when Mr. Li ________ in Huanggang? –
—Sure.. When he ________, I’ll call you。(湖北黄冈10)
A. arrives; will arrive B. will arrive; arrives C. arrives; arrives D.will arrive; will arrive
10. —Mary dances best in our school.
—I agree. I’ll never forget ____ her dance for the first time。(10江西)
A. see B.to see C.seeing D.seen
A: Hi, Li Ming! I haven’t seen you for a long time. Where have you been? B: Oh, I have been to Guangzhou for vacation. 1. ____________________ A: That’s great! 2. ______________________
B: 3. _______________________
A: I’ve been looking for a job. I want to be a flight attendant. B: 4.______________________
A: I’m afraid not. I need to speak English well if I want to get the job. B: 5. ____________________
A: Thank you.