Unit 7 How much are these socks?
本单元以谈论服装为主题，通过介绍服装，学习一些常用的服装名词；能掌握“询问价格和颜色”的句型：How much is this T-shirt? It’s seven dollar．How much are these socks? They are two dollars．What color is it? It is red．What color are they? They are green．；掌握一些购买衣服时。常用的语言表达方式；能阅读一些简单的服装广告信息，并能写出一些简单的广告。通过本本单元一系列听、说、读、写的训练，让学生们会使用How much引导的问句以及回答；掌握一些表示颜色、形状、大小的形容词；学习数词10-3l；复习名词单、复数的使用和指示代词this, that，these，those的用法。
本单元的主题是谈论服装，通过学习how much和what color等引导的问句以及回答，教授学生如何询问价格和颜色；学会谈论对服装的喜好和如何购物等。借助计算机辅助教学，将平面的语言文字内容直观化、具体化、形象化， 训练学生形象思维和抽象思维能力，培养学生形象思维，深入理解语言。积累生活的经验，提高学生的语言表达能力。同时引导学生采用Repeating和Cooperating的学习策略，学习一些新词汇，掌握一些重点句型，在小组合作学习的过程中，培养他们团队合作精神并学会感谢人。
Section A (1a-2e) 用1课时
Section A (Grammar Focus-3c) 用1课时
Section B (1a-2c) 用1课时
Section B (3a-Self Check) 用1课时
Section A 1 (1a-2e)
1) 能掌下列词汇：socks, T-shirt, shorts, sweater, trousers, shoe, skirt, dollar, big, small, short, long, woman, need, look, pair, take
① —How much is this T-shirt? —It's seven dollars.
② —How much are these socks? —They're two dollars.
③ —Can I help you?
④ —Here you are. —Yes, please. —Thank you.
Ⅰ. Warming-up and revision
1. Greeting the Ss. Check the homework. Ask one or more students to show their work.
2. Review the food words.
S1: food: rice, hamburger, bread, chicken, milk, eggs…
S2: vegetables: tomatoes, carrots, salad…
S3: fruit: apples, bananas, pears, oranges, strawberries…
T: Let's ask a question chain. (Ask questions one by one)
S1: Do you like tomatoes?
S2: Yes, I do. Do you like carrots?
S3: No, I don't. I like rice. Do you like…?
S4: Yes, I do. Do you like…?
1. T: I like shopping a lot. Do you like shopping? Now come with me to the clothes shop. (Show students a picture of a clothes shop.)
T: Do you like the clothes in the shop?
S: Yes, we do.
T: Can you name these clothes in English?
(Show a picture of a jacket.)
T: What’s this in English? It’s a jacket.
T: What’s this in English? It’s a T-shirt. T-S-H-I-R-T, T-shirt. Now repeat.
(Show other pictures and teach Ss other clothes "socks, shorts, sweater, trousers, shoe, skirt”)
2. T: So much for this. And then let's review the numbers and learn the words related to prices.
T: Can you count from 0 to 9 in English?
S: Yes. Zero, one, two, three, four, five…
Let some students repeat that. Show some pictures of food, drink, school things, sports things with prices on the screen.
Show some pictures of money from different countries, and ask students guess the names and teach them: yuan / dollar / pound. Then ask students about the prices. Help them answer.
T: How much is the ice cream?
S: It’s three dollars.
T: How much is the backpack?
S: It’s six dollars.
T: How much are the soccer balls?
S: They’re 9 dollars.
3. Ask the students to look at the picture on P41 and match the words with the things in the picture.
T: Now let's work on 1a. We have some new words on the left of the picture and some things marked with a, b, c... and i. Please match the words with the objects in the picture by writing the letter of the objects on the lines next to the words. The first answer is given. Check the answers by asking some students to read the words and the letters.
1. T: Next we’ll hear a conversation about shopping. The recording will be played twice. For the first time, listen to it carefully. Are you ready? OK!
T: For the second time, please circle the things in the picture you hear.
2. Check the answers. (Ask the students to listen to the recording and compare their answers with those in the recording.)
Ⅳ. Pair work
1. Ask students to work in pairs and practice the conversations in la.
2. Make their own conversations with their partners.
3. Ask some pairs to act out their conversations.
1. Show students some colors by overhead projector.
T: These are different colors. What colors are they?
S: They are black, white, red, green, blue and yellow.
2. Show a big hat and a small hat.
T: Look! This hat is big. It's a big hat. And this hat is small. It's a small hat.
(Write "big" and "small" on the Bb.)
3. Show a long T-shirt and short T-shirt.
T: Look! This T-shirt is long. It's a long T-shirt. And this T-shirt is short. It's a short
(Write "long" and "short" on the Bb.)
4. Now look at words in 2a. Listen to the recording and repeat after the recording. (Play the tape for the Ss listen and repeat.)
1. Ask the students to do listening to the conversations in 2b (P38) and circle the things they hear.
T: Today is Sunday. Alan is shopping with her sister. They are going to buy some clothes and some other things. Now I will play the recording about the conversation.
Play the recording for the first time. Listen carefully and circle the things you hear. Play the recording again to check the answers.
2. Ask the students to do listening to the conversations in 2c (P38) and fill in the price tags. Play the recording and ask the students to fill in the price tags. Then check the answers.
3. Ask students to listen and repeat after the recording.
Ⅶ. Pair work
1. Then let's ask and answer questions about the things in 2c in pairs. e.g.
S1: I like these shorts. How much are they?
S2: They're six dollars.
2. Ss practice the conversation with their partners. Then make other conversations about the things in 2c.
3. Let some Ss act out their conversations.
1. Mary is shopping in a clothes shop. What does she want to buy? Now read the conversation and fill in the chart below.
2. Ss read the conversation with his/her partner. Discuss with his/her partner then fill the chart.
3. Check the answers with the class.
4. Ss practice the conversation with his/her partner. Then let some pairs role-play the conversation in front of the class.
5. 评价：（让学生们对自己的表现及语言表达能力进行自我评价，在小组内评价，然后进行评出最优秀的小组。并鼓励学生们下一次争取做最优秀的小组及个人。） Homework:
1. Ask students to remember the new words.
2. Ask the students to do more practice as required in 1c on P37.
Section A 2 (Grammar Focus-3c)
① —How much is…? —It's…
② —How much are…? They're …
Ⅰ. Warming- up and revision
1. Show students some colors on the screen.
T: These are different colors. What colors are they?
Ss: They are black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, brown and purple.
(Show some clothes on the screen, or show some clothes pictures)
T: How much is the T-shirt?
Ss: It's ten dollars.
T: How much are the socks?
Ss: They are three dollars.
Now ask and answer the price of the clothes your partner wears.
S1: How is your hat?
S2: It’s five dollars.
S1: How much are your trousers?
S2: They're 30 dollars.
Ⅱ. Grammar Focus.
1. 阅读指导： 询问物品的价格常用特殊疑问词how much来提问，根据主语的不同分两种类型的句式结构：
① How much + is + the/this/that（等限定词） + 表颜色的形容词 + 名词单数？ ② How much + are + the/these/these（等限定词） + 表颜色的形容词 + 可数名词复数？
① 那顶帽子多少钱？____ _____ is that hat?
② 五美元。_____ five ______.
③ 这件T恤衫多少钱？是七美元。 ____ _____ __ this T-shirt?
④ 是七美元。It's ______ ______.
⑤ 那件棕色的毛衣多少钱？ ____ _____ is that _______ ______?
⑥ 是八美元。______ eight ________ .
⑦ 这些袜子多少钱？How much_____ _____ _____?
⑧ 两美元。_____ two dollars.
⑨ 那黑色的裤子多少钱？______ _____ are those ______ _________?
⑩ 是九美元。_______ nice ________.
3. Check the answers with the class.
T: (Showing a white T-shirt priced nine dollars on the screen) What color is this T-shirt? Ss: It's white.
T: Yes. How much is this white T-shirt?
Ss: It's nine dollars. (Write "this white T-shirt" on the Bb)
(Showing a pair of black socks priced two dollars on the screen).
T: What color are those socks?
Ss: They're two dollars.
T: Yes. Those black socks are two dollars. (Write "those black socks" on the Bb) Note: the/this/that/these/these（等限定词）+ 表颜色的形容词 + 名词
1. Now let's look at the words in the three boxes.
Let some Ss read the words in the boxes.
S1: the, this, that…
S2: yellow, green, purple…
S3: T-shirt, hat, trousers…
2. Now can you make sentences in the chart with the words in the three boxes? You should pay attention to the single or plural form of the words. First, you can make ten sentences.
Ss ask questions using the words in the boxes then write down the words in the chart.
3. Let some Ss read their questions. Then check the answers.
4. Let Ss say the rules:
① the/this/that + 表的颜色形容词 +名词单数
② the/these/those +表的颜色形容词 +可数名词复数
5. Now let's make another ten sentences on your workbook.
1. Look at the pictures in 3b. They're nice things. Do you want to buy them? Suppose you are a sales boy or girl your partner wants to buy them. Ask and answer about the prices about these things in pairs.
2. Who can make a model? Pay attention to the sentence structure:
① How much + is + the/this/that（等限定词） + 表颜色的形容词 + 名词单数？ ② How much + are + the/these/these（等限定词）+ 表颜色的形容词 + 可数名词复数？
S1: How much is the hat?
S2: It's five dollars.
S1: How much are the socks?
S2: They're three dollars.
3. OK. Now first ask and answer about the prices about the thing in the picture. Then write the sentences in the chart.
4. Ss write the sentences on the chart. The let some Ss read their questions and answers. Ⅵ. Pair work
1. Work with your partner. You look at the pictures in 3b for a minute and then close your books. Your partner asks you questions and you try to answer his/her questions.
2. Ss work in pairs. Ask and answer about things in the picture.
1. Review the Grammar Focus after class.
2. Make six questions and answers about the school things you have.
Section B 1 1a-2c
1) 掌握下列词汇：ten ~ thirty-one, Mr. clothes, store, buy, sale, sell, all, very, price, boy, a pair of
2) 继续练习“询问价格”， 并学习运用数字ten~thirty-one来表达价钱。
1）学习英语数字ten ~ thirty-one的表达方式，并能在实践活动中进行运用。
Ⅰ. Warming- up and revision
1. Greet the Ss. Check the homework.
2. First let students repeat the numbers 0-9. Then have a free talk. And then ask different students to imitate a shopping scene in a store, talking about clothing and prices in pairs. Show the following clothes and prices on the screen: this purple sweater ($5), that red bag ($8), that yellow shirt ($6), these blue trousers ($ 7), those black shoes ($9), those white socks ($2).
S1: How much is this purple sweater?
S2: It's five dollars.
S1: How much are these blue trousers?
S2: They're seven dollars.
Ss ask and answer about all the clothes in pairs.
1. T: We have learned the numbers 0-9. Today we’ll learn the numbers 10-31 in la, Section
B. Listen to the recording and repeat the numbers.
(Play the tapes for the Ss to listen and repeat them. Ask students to listen to the recording and learn the numbers.)
2. Then point to some numbers and ask students to say them out. Ask students to finish writing the numbers individually.
3. Tell Ss that some of the numbers are in the wrong order. Check the answers.
4. Let Ss find out the rules of the numbers.
① 13~19 规律：个位数字后加 teen；注意：thirteen, fifteen, eighteen的差别。 ② 21～29及31~39等数字的规律：twenty或thirty后加连字符，再加个位数
③ 20、30等表示几十的数，大部分构成形式为：个位数后加ty，注意twenty, thirty,
1. T: Now let’s play a number game. Count the numbers from one to thirty-one. But when you count to the multiples of “7” or the numbers which contains “7”, you should hot count, instead, say “next”.
e.g. one, two, three, four, five, six, “next”, eight, nine, ten ... thirteen, “next”, fifteen, sixteen, “next” ...
2. Ss work in groups of ten to twelve people and play the game.
1. T: Next you will hear a mother and a daughter talking about buying clothes. First listen and circle the numbers you hear in 1a.
Play the recording for the first time, Ss only listen. Then play the recording again. This time Ss listen and circle the numbers they hear.
1. Let Ss look at the picture in 1d. Kate and her mother are talking about some clothes. Ask one student to name the various items of clothing shown. Ask another to point at the price tags and read them aloud.
2. Now let's listen to the recording again and check the thing Kate buys.
(Play the recording for the Ss to listen and check the answers.)
Ⅴ. Pair work
1. T: Now look at the pictures in 1d. Point to the white T- shirt and ask and answer like this:
—How much is the white T- shirt? —It’s eleven dollars.
Have students repeat again. Remind them to use is / it’s with T-shirt, skirt, etc, the singular nouns and are / they’re with socks, trousers, the plural nouns.
2. Ss work in pairs. Ask and answer about the things in the picture above.
1. T: Do you often go shopping with your parents? Do you know the price of different kinds of clothes? Discuss with your partner about the prices of the clothes in the chart. S1: How much is a skirt?
S2: I think it's twenty-two dollars. What about you?
S1: I think it's twenty dollars. How much is a sweater?
S2: I think it's thirty dollars. What about you?
S1: I think it's twenty-two dollars.
2. Match each clothing item with a price.
1. Show a picture of a clothe store on the screen, teach Ss ""clothes store.
2. Show a pair of nice shoes with the price of only 20 dollars on the screen. Teach Ss "at a good price".
The shoes are at a good price.
3. Show some nice skirts priced at 10 dollars on the screen. Say:
For girls, we have nice skirts for only fifteen dollars.
4. Show three pairs of socks with the price of 2 dollars. Say:
The socks are only two dollars for three pairs.
Ss repeat the words and sentences and try to remember the meaning.
1. Mr. Cool's Clothes Store has a great sale. They sell their clothes at a very good price. What are the prices of their clothes? Look at their ads below and fill in the price tags. (指导：此题是考试中的任务型阅读理解题。捕捉图片中所示物品及短文中对应的价格是解题的关键。学生读短文过程中，划出广告中所售的衣物，然后圈出该物品的价格。最后将衣物名称与价格一一对应，填入价签中。)
2. Ss read the ad and fill in the price tags then check the answers.
3. If Ss have something they don't understand. Put up their hands and ask the teacher to explain them. Explain some main sentences that Ss don't understand.
1. Imagine you work at Mr. Cool's Clothes Store. Read the conversation first and complete the conversation.
2. 指导：首先，快速阅读对话一遍，明确自己售货员的身份，可知第一句话应为“Can I help you?”。
然后，读对话，通过对话中谈到的衣物的颜色或价格等信息来确定是何衣物；或通过所谈到的衣物来填写其颜色或价格。如在女孩购物的情境中，根据所谈到these red and purple one，再与。短文中的“We have skirt in red and purple”信息相对应，可知女孩
3. Ss read the conversation and the Mr. Cool's ad and fill in the blanks. Check the answers.
4. Work in a group of three students. Role-play the conversation.
5. Let some pairs come to the front and role-play the conversation.
1. Review the words and numbers we learned today.
2. Read the ad and role-play the conversation after class.
Section B 2 3a-Self Check
Ⅰ. Warming- up and revision
1. Greet the Ss as usual. Check the homework. Ask some students to use some real goods to make up dialogues in pairs.
2. And then tell some students to ask and answer the prices of clothing that they are wearing today. And also ask some students to count numbers from one to thirty-one.
3） Role-play the conversation in 2c.
1. T: This is the Huaxing Clothes Store. In this store, there are many beautiful things on sale. You can buy your favorite clothes from the store. And the prices are very low. Now ask and answer about the things in the picture first.
S1: How much is the jacket?
S2: It's thirty dollars.
S1: How much is the red skirt?
S2: It's twenty dollars.
S1: How much are the trousers？
S2: They're twenty-five yuan.
2. Now read the ad. Look at the price tags in the picture and complete the ad.
4. Check the answers with the Ss.
1. If you want to start a Clothes Store. What's the name of your store? Can you think of a name for your Clothes Store?
Ss: OK. (Ss discuss with their partner and give names of his or her own clothes store.) T: Now please tell us the name of your clothes store. Let's see whose store has a great name.
S1: Fashion Kids S2: Liuxing Qianxian Store…
2. T: I think the names of your store are really great. But I think you should also have a great ad for your store. Then you can sell well. Look at the clothes in 3b. Try to write a great ad for your own store.
3. Ss write the ad by themselves. (T goes around the classroom to offer any help Ss needed.)
① Come and buy your …at great sale! 快来买??，大减价了！
② Do you like/need/want …? 你喜欢/需要/想要??吗？
③ We have/sell … for only …dollars/yuan. 我们有/卖??，只需??美元/元。 ④ You can buy …for …dollars/yuan. 你可以买??，只需??美元/元。
⑤ …is/are …dollars/yuan. ??美元/元。
⑥ How much is/are …? It’s/They’re …dollars/yuan. ??多少钱? ??美元/元。 ⑦ Come to …now! 快来??吧！
5. Let some Ss read their ads and correct the mistakes in the ads.
Ⅳ. Self Check 1
1. Now let's describe what these people wearing today. Look at me! Am I cool today? What
do I wear today?
Ss: a pair of white socks, a pair of black shoes, a pair of blue trousers, a white T-shirt…
2. Look around. Describe what your classmates wear today. (You can look up the words you forget in your book or a dictionary. )
3. Ss write down what their classmates wear today.
4. Let some Ss read their descriptions.
Ⅴ. Self Check 2
1. Today you come to a clothes store and have a conversation with the salesman. Read through the sentences carefully and put the sentences in order to make a conversation.
2. 阅读指导：首先，应明确交谈发生的地点是在一服装店，因此，售货员常应先说Can I help you?一句。如果想买什么物品，你应当说Yes, please. 然后，再就所喜欢的物品询问价格。最后，如果确定购买某物，应说I'll take it.
3. Ss put the sentences in order to make a conversation. Check the answers.
4. Let Ss practice the conversation in pairs.
If there is some time left, let Ss do some extra exercises.
1. Review the new words in this unit.
2. A friend of your mother has a Clothes Store. She wants someone to help her write an ad. The name of her store is Xiang Wanxia Clothes Store. Write an ad for her.