Topic 2 How about exploring the Ming Tombs?
1. death(动词)___ die 2.. east(形容词)_____ eastern
3. west(形容词)____ western 4. south(形容词)—— southern
5. north(形容词)—— northern 6. crowd(形容词)—— crowded
7. huge(同义词)__ large 8. push(反义词)_______pull
9. step(过去式)_____stepped 10. sight(动词)________ see 去式)____ beat 12. satisfy(形容词)____ satisfied
13.diary(复数)_______diaries 14. inside(对应词)______outside
15.direction(复述)___directions 16. sad(副词)______ sadly
1. receive a postcard 收到一张明信片
2. have a vacation 度假
3. cost too much 花费太贵
4. plan a trip 计划旅行
5. come along with us 和我们一起去
6. go to the cinema 去电影院
7. look forward to (doing) sth. 期待做某事
8. go camping 去野营
9. in the old days 在古代
10. in one’s life 在某人的一生
11. survey the area 调查/勘探某地区
12. face south 面向南方
13. have mountains at the back 背靠群山
14 go on a cycling trip 骑自行车去旅行
15. be full of 挤满，充满，装满
16. spread over 蔓延，延伸
17. on both sides of the way 在路的两旁
18. two and a half hours 两个半小时
19. be crowded with 挤满了…
20. be surprised at 对…感到惊讶
21. take out sth. 拿出某物
22. push one’s way out 挤出去
22. step on one’s toes 踩了某人的脚趾
23. out of sight 看不见
24. slap sb. on the back 拍某人的背
25. as soon as 一……就……
26. pack one’s backpacks 打包
27. take each other’s pictures 互相拍照
28. have fun doing sth. 做某事有乐趣
29. tell sb. about sth. 告诉某人关于某事
30. can’t help doing sth. 忍不住做某事，不禁做某事
31. go camping 去野营度假
32. go hiking 去徒步旅行
33. receive a letter from 收到…..的来信
34. get a letter from 收到…..的来信
35. hear from 收到…..的来信
36. have a letter from 收到…..的来信
37. at the foot of 在….. 的脚下
38. make sure 确保
39. tell good from bad 辨别是非
40. high prestige 崇高的威望
41. in all directions 从四面八方
42. jump up and down 蹦蹦跳跳
43. get on the bus 上公共汽车
44. get off the horse 下马
45. get lost 迷失，走失
46. raise your head 抬起你的头来
47. be lost 迷失，走失
1. I was busy preparing for my exams。
be busy doing sth. 忙于做某事 相当于 be busy with sth.
I was busy doing my homework then.(= I was busy with my homework then.) Prepare for 为…..做准备
2. I’m looking forward to hearing from you. 我正盼收到你的来信。
look forward to 表 “期待, 盼望”, to是介词,后面应用名词、代词或动名词，且常用于进行时态。如：
I really look forward to summer vacation. 我真的期待着暑假的到来。
They are looking forward to solving the problem. 他们正期待着问题的解决。
3. There are stone officials on both sides of the sacred way.
on both sides of the way = on each side of the way 在路的两旁
4. Dinglig is to the southwest of Kangling. 定陵在康陵的西南方向.
方位介词: in; on; to
in表在范围内; on表两处相接; to 表在范围内
Fujian is in the southeast of China. 福建在中国的东南部.
Jiangxi is on the west of Fujian. 江西在福建的西面.
Japan is to the east of China. 日本在中国的东边.
5．While we were having fun exploring, I realized Darren was lost.
have fun doing sth. 表做某事有乐趣. 如:
We often have fun playing basketball. 我们常常从打球中获得乐趣。
6. He was too frightened to know what to do.
too…to… 太…而不能….. too是副词，后接副词或形容词；to不定式符号，后接动词原形。
He was too tired to wash his feet.
He is so young that he can’t go to school.
He is too young to go toschool.
7. He didn’t raise his head until someone called his name.
not…until…直到…才… until 引导时间状语从句，前面的主句要用否定句。译
I didn’t go to bed until my father went back home.
8. make sure 的用法
Make sure that you close the door after you leave.
Make sure that you pack everything in the bag.
9. be sure 的用法
I’m sure that he will come tomorrow.
It is sure to rain.
Be sure to come early tomorrow.
3) 接 of/ about…
I am sure of that thing.
I am sure about what he said.
10. They walk through the passage into Dingling and were surprised at the wonder.
through 内部穿过（door, gate, forest, desert, city）
across 表面穿过（street， road, river）
a) when; while; as 当……时候
as 引导时间状语从句时，意思是“当…时候”, 表示主从句的动作同时发生, as还有“一边…一边…”、“随着”的意思。
e,g: The students were talking in the classroom when the teacher came in.（不能用while, as）
_____ my mother was cooking, I was doing my homework.(三者都可以) Mother always sings _____ she cooks dinner for us.(只能用as)
I bought lots of books _____ I was in Xingyi .(不能用as)
b) 除了上面的三个连词外，引导时间状语从句的连词还有after,before, until, as soon as, since等）
a) 当主句为一般过去时时, 从句常为过去的某种时态;
e.g: While the students were talking in the classroom, the teacher came in.
I went to sleep after I finished my homework..
b) 当主句为一般将来时时, 时间状语从句、条件状语从句用一般现
e.g: As soon as the bell rings, the students will go into the classroom. He will call you when he gets to Japan.
1. It would be great fun. 那一定会非常有趣。
2. It’s great to see you. 见到你真高兴。
3. Don’t push. 别挤。
4. After a while, the plane is out of sight.
5. That would be very interesting.那一定会非常有趣。
6. Would you help me make a plan to explore Beijing?
Would可以换为will , could表示有礼貌地请求别人做事。
7. You bet! 当然，的确，一定。
8. They rode to the Ming Tombs. 他们骑车去明十三陵。
9. How far is it from here to Hengshan? 从这儿到横山大约多远？ It’s about twenty minutes by motorbike. 骑车大约20分钟。
It’s about one hour on foot.走路大约一小时。
提示词语：be tired of doing sth., enjoy the beauty of nature, breathe, prepare yourself, companion, cause accident ...
Travel is a very good activity. When you are tired of working or studying, or when you have time, you can go to a beautiful place to enjoy the beauty of nature. You can breathe fresh air, make
some new friends, relax yourself and so on.
But sometimes it may cause trouble. The weather often changes. You may get wet in the rain and may have a cold. You should prepare yourself carefully before your trip. You should know something about the weather. You’d better find a companion so that you can help each other to avoid accidents. In this way, you’ll have a wonderful trip.
Do you like riding a bike? I like it very much. I am a student in a middle school. I often go to school by bike, because it is good for our body. It makes us healthy and saves energy. But we must obey the traffic rules. We should ride a bike slowly and ride it on the right-hand side of the road. If the traffic lights are red, we must stop. Now let’s leave cars and buses, and just cycles.