9A Unit5 练习
1. Lian Zhan is a _______________ statesman. （众所周知的）
2. Truth is more powerful than______________.（幻想)
3.He______________ on his ideas. And at last, he succeed.(坚持认为)
4.Stories about______________ in America are very popular.(牛仔)
5.Each of the famous actors usually has an_____________ quality.（有吸引力的)
6.The film was a big success and Audrey became famous____________.(立即)
7.He is wearing in black because he is going to ___________ over the death of his friend.(哀悼)
8.Bad home____________________ may cause blood cancer.(环境)
9.Mr Bush was the _______________of the United States.(总统)
10.He is a______________ person. He comes from France.(浪漫的.
1. You must keep _______________ (practice) the piano everyday.
2. People all over the country mourned the ___________ (lose) of
a great chairperson.
3. I was attracted by her ______________ (beautiful) when I first met her.
4. Do you like the cartoon _______________ (call) Hua Mulan?
5. Yao Ming put all his effort into basketball __________________ (train)
before he entered the National team.
6. Xu Jiayue loved dancing and her dream was to become a _________ (success) ballet dancer.
7. ______________ (luck), Mary got the last film ticket.
8. She devoted herself to ______________ (take) care of poor sick people.
9. I don’t like acting. I’d rather _
___________ (am) a director.
10. Do you mind my _____________ (open) the window?
1 .Audrey’s death was a great ______ to film fans.
A lost B lose C loss D losing
2 The girl devoted all her time she had ______ others.
A to help B helping C helped D to helping
3. Why don’t you ______? The maths teacher is coming.
A. stop to talk B. stop talking
C. to stop to talk D. to stop talking
4.Audrey won an Oscar ______ Best Actress _______ her role in this film.
A. as, in B. as, for C. for, for D. for, in
5. Action films are ________. I’m ________ to see them.
A. excited; exciting B. exciting; excited
C. excited; excited D. exciting; exciting
6.He wanted to know how long _______ in hospital.
A. she is staying B. she had stayed
C. did she stay D. she stay
7.Millie likes horror films. She doesn’t mind _________scared.
A. feeling B. feels C. felt D. to feel
8.It was her _______performance. Her successful career _____about forty years.
A. last, last B. last, lasted for C. lasted , lasted D. lasted, last
9.In 1951,while________Monte Carlo Baby, Hepburn met a famous writer.
A. acting in B. act in C. acted in D. acting on
10. Each of them ______ writing an article ______ their favourite TV star.
A. is, to B. is, about C. are, on D. are, for
________ ________, she became one of ________ ________ __________.
She __________ ___________ ____________ ___________ ____________ of her life ___________ charity.
____________ _____________ _____________ go swimming with us?
I _______ _________ _________ a wirter.
________ __________ the students _________ __________ the teacher wants to see the film.
My dream ____________ ____________ ____________ an excellent host.
When Audrey died, the world _____________ ___________ __________ _______ a
great __________, a great __________ and a great ______________.
Her beauty and charm ___________ _________ ___________ ____________.
Andrey Helburn was one of Hollywood’s greatest actresses. She had been a m__________
before she became an a____________. Her successful c_________ lasted for about
forty years.In1951,While a____________ in Monte Carlo Baby, she met Colette, a famous writer. The
writer was a_____________ by Hepburn’s beauty and c___________. She i___________ that
Hepburn was the right person to play the lead role in Gigi, a play b________ on her novel.
Shortly after, Hepburn was chosen to play the lead role in Roman Holiday, and it e__________
her an Oscar for Best Actress. She also won a Tony Award for the play Ondine. During her l____________, Hepburn earned four Oscar nominations. She made her final a_____________
in her last film Always in 1989 and played the role of an a___________.