新目标 九年级 Unit 3
Read the questions. How often do you do these things?
get to class late? study with friends? finish a test early? sleep in class? worry that you’ll fail a test?
Do you ever
Make conversations with “Do you ever …” with your partner. For example: A: Do you ever get to class late? B: Yes, sometimes.
2a Listen and circle the things in
1a that you hear.
Do you ever … 1. get to class late?
2. study with friends?
3. finish a test early?
4. worry that you’ll fail a test?
2b Listen again. Fill in the blanks. 1. Peter is going to ______________ fail a math test.
2. He isn’t allowed to ______________ get to class late.
3. Peter wasn’t allowed to ____________ take the test.
4. He could pass the test. ___________
5. He should be allowed totake the test later. ______________
2c. Discuss with your group.
1. Peter should be allowed to take the test later. 2. Students need strict rules. 3. Parents should not be too strict with teenagers.
A: I think Peter should … B: I don’t agree. C: I think … D: I don’t think …
Parents should not be too strict with teenagers. [考例] Timmy really doesn’t understand why his parents are so ______ (严格的). strict [答案和解析] strict为形容词，在句中作 表语、定语。be strict with / in 意为 “对……严格”。
1. They often clean their classroom after school. （改为被动语态） Their classroom __ often _______ by is cleaned them after school. 2. Li Lei gave Tom a new pen last week. （改为被动语态） A new pen was _____ to Tom last week. ___ given __
3. A lot of people in China can speak E
nglish now. （改为被动语态）
English ____________ by a lot of can be spoken people in China now. 4. I have learned English for about two years. （改为被动语态） English _______________ for about has been learned two years.
5. They will publish these story-books next month. （改为被动语态） These-storybooks _______________ will be published next month.
Homework Pre-read the article of page 22.