英 语 试 卷
1. ----May I speak to Tom, please?
A. Yes, I am . B. I’ m speaking . C. Yes, you may. D. This is Tom speaking.
2. The manager with his wife ____to Paris for three times.
A. have gone B. went C. have been D. has been
3. I don’t know if he____,but if he ___,I’ll be very happy.
A. comes; will come B. will come ;will come
C. will come; comes D. comes ;comes
4. The boy ____in the teacher’s office was found_____yesterday.
A. standing ; smoke B. standing ; smoking
C. stood; smoke D. stood; smoking
5. They ____ the train until it disappeared in the distance.
A. saw B. watched C. noticed D.observed
6.----How many books do you have ?
----I have ____ book.That’s ____English book.
A.a;an B.a;one C.one;an D.one;one
7. His carelessness resulted ____the bad accident, in other words, the bad accident resulted _____his carelessness.
A. in ;i n B. from ; from C. in ;from D. from ; in
8. Our hometown is famous ___its mountain scenery, and we are all proud ____it.
A. of; of B. for ;of C. of ;for D. for; for
9. ----_____ you ____the medicine?
----Yes, I _____ it after lunch
A. Did take ; took B.Have taken; have taken
C. Have taken; took D. Will take ; takes
10. ----The robber didn’t tell the truth, did he?
----_______.The police will have much trouble ___the diamonds.
A. No ,he did ;to find B. Yes, he did ; finding
C. No, he didn’t ;finding D. Yes ,he didn’t; to find
11. Now the important thing is to____ the way to solve the problem of pollution.
A. come along with B. come up to C. come over with D. come up with
12. It’s very kind __you ___us so much help.
A. of; to give B. for ; to give C. to ;giving D. with ;to giving
13. She didn’t remember ____him before.
A. having met B. have met C. to meet D. to having met
14. we have to do something to stop wild animals______.
A. killing B. to be kill C. being killed D. to kill
15. She suggested we ___ the movie , and her words suggested she ___it.
A. saw; saw B. see; saw C. see; had seen D. saw ; see
16. I don’t know ____my broken bike.
A. what to deal with B. how to do with
C. what to do with D. what do with
第 1 页 共 6 页
17. Rather than____ on a crowded bus ,he always prefers ___a bike.
A. ride; ride B. riding ; ride C. ride; to ride D. to ride; riding
18. He didn’t tell me the first place ____ he lived in .
A. that B. when C. where D. which
19. If you don’t go there, ______.
A. neither do I B. nor shall I C. so do I D. I don’t too
20. _____ terrible weather we’ve been having these days.
A. How a B. What a C. How D. What
Have you been to France? Now I am having a great time my exchange program in France. It’s even than I thought .I was at home. And you wouldn’t believe how my French has improved! Although I still make lots of mistakes, it doesn’t bother me like it . My biggest challenge is learning how to at the dinner table.As you can imagine,things are really different home .For example, you are not supposed to eat thing is that it is very rude to say you are full. If you don’t want any more food, you should just say,“Also, it’s rude to put your hands in your lap. I have to say , I find difficult to remember everything,but I am gradually getting used to things. I believe I can do .
21. A. in B. at C. on D. with
22. A. good B. better C. best D. the best
23. A. a bit of B. a little C. a lot D. a few
24. A. and B. then C. but D. so
25. A. school B. home C. house D. family
26. A. feeling B. to feel C. felt D. feel
27. A. fast B. quick C. good D. many
28. A.is B. does C. was D. used to
29. A.eat B. drink C. talk D. behave
30. A.between B. from C. to D. as
31. A.something B. everything C. anything D. nothing
32. A.One B. The other C. Another D. Other
33. A. I’m not hungry B. I’m full now C. I’ve had enough D. It’ s delicious
34. A.it B.that C. this D. its
35. A.well and well B.good and good C.better and better D. more and more better
This August , we’ll welcome guests from all over the world. Some of them follow their own special cultural traditions, It’s important for us to know about them.
★In many countries, such as Thailand, India and Malaysia , people believe that the left hand is unclean. So , it’s not proper to use one’s left hand to hold food , touch others or pass objects.Doing so many certain guests,
★ Some Westerners may be offended if you touch them or their personal things --- even by accident. If this happens, say sorry politely,
★Some elderly Westerners may be offended if you try to help them without their agreement.
★People think numbers can be lucky or unlucky .Some Westerners avoid the number 13 because they believe it is unlucky,
★Muslims (穆斯林)do not eat pork ，and words like pigs are not considered proper.
★People from Brazil，Italy and Pakistan do not give handkerchiefs（手帕） as gifts. They believe a handkerchief is closely connected with unhappy feelings.
第 2 页 共 6 页
★Wine is not sent as a gift in many parts of western and middle Asia .where most Muslims live.
36. Indians don't hold food with the left hand because they consider it___.
A. unclean B. useless C. valueless D. unimportant
37. The word “offend”in the second paragraph（段落） might mean“_____”
A .honor B. help C. hate D. hurt
38. Muslims do not _____.
A. send gifts B. eat pork C. drink milk D. use handkerchiefs
39. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. People from Pakistan like to send handkerchiefs as gifts .
B. All the elderly people in the west like being helped by others.
C. The number 13 is thought to be unlucky by some Westerners.
D. Westerners do not mind their personal things being touched.
40. What does the passage mainly talk about?
A. Luckly numbers. B. Traditional food
C. Culture differences. D. Hands and handkerchiefs.
The energy which the sun radiates（辐射）Even so, it radiates power of about 5,000,000 horsepower per square（每平方） mile per day. The sun gives us as
Coal（煤）represents the chemical action of the sun on green plants thousands of years ago. Water power results from the rain formed by vapor（蒸汽）when water changes into gas under the sunshine. Even windmills（风车磨坊）operate because air current（流）starts moving by the different heating effects of the sun in different places. Some day, through chemistry or some types of solar engine, we should use this great source of energy more directly. Already a scientist has worked out an engine, surprisingly doing well, in which the sun’s rays are concentrated through mirrors on water to create steam.
41. What do the underlined words “a minute” mean in this passage?
A. 一分钟 B. 一点点 C. 片刻 D. 一份笔记
42. How much energy does the sun radiate every ten square miles per day?
A. About 5,000,000 horsepower B. About 208,333 horsepower
C. About 100,000,000 horsepower D. About 50,000,000 horsepower
43. Which of the following statement is not true, according to the passage?
A. Even windmills turn because of the sun.
B. The sun produces enormous energy for man to make use of.
C. Some day man will be able to use 100% of the solar energy that gets to the earth.
D. The sun produces different heating effects in different places.
44. How many examples does the writer give to support the underlined sentence?
A. 3 B. 5 C. 2 D. 4
45. This passage is mainly about ___________.
A. water power B. our final source of power
C. how water power is produced D. the amount of solar energy that can be used
Popular music in America is what every student likes. Students carry small radios with earphones and listen to music before class, after class, and at lunch. Students with cars buy large speakers and play the music loudly as they drive on the street.
Adult drivers listen to music on the car radio as they drive to work. They also listen to the news about sports, the weather, and the life of American people. Most of the radio programs are music.
Popular music singers make a lot of money. They make a C. D or tape which radio stations use in many places. Once a popular singer is heard all over the country, young people buy his or her tape. Some of the money from these tapes comes to the singer. Wherever the singer goes, all the young people want to meet him or her. Now the singer has become a national star.
There are other kinds of music that are important to Americans. One is called folk(民间) music. It tells stories about the common life of Americans. Another is called western or country music. This was started by
第 3 页 共 6 页
cowboys(牛仔) who would sing at night to the cows they were watching. Today, any music about country life and the love between a country boy and his girl is called western or country music. 46. kinds of music are mentioned in this passage. A. Two B. Three C. Four D. Five 47. When pop singers , they will become national stars. A. make a lot of money B. make a C. D or tape C. are loved by all the young people D. are wanted to sing on the radio 48. From the passage we know that country music is about the A. common life of Americans B. country life and love stories C. life of cowboys D. school life in America 49. Which of the following is true according to this passage? A. Most students in America like popular music
B. Students with cars in America like to listen to music while driving C. Adult drivers in America listen to music all the time while driving D. Everyone in America wants to meet pop singers wherever they go 50. What would be the best title(标题) for this passage? A. American Music B. Popular Music C. History of Music D. Western Music
第 4 页 共 6 页
hadn’t a garden, in which the children could .
a less expensive house---a four-bed roomed house with a little lawn(草坪) at the f the house .
So today Peter asked his father to lend him money . His father wasn’t sure if his son would ever be able to r “ a garden, I don't think it’s a must for children to play in a garden.”
51.________ 52. ________ 53. ________ 54. ________ 55. ________
56.________ 57. ________ 58. ________ 59. ________ 60. ________
My mother has done so much for me! She always get
up early in the morning to make breakfast me.
And she often wakes up at the middle of the night to
see I’m sleeping well. Once, when I was ill, I couldn’t eat.
Mum was so worried that she wouldn’t eat, too.
第 5 页 共 6 页 61. 62. 63. 64. 65.
回顾初中三年成长过程，你一定有很多感受，请从学习， 生活，爱好等方面作出自我评价。 提示：1. 语句通顺流畅；
第 6 页 共 6 页