Unit 1 What’s the matter?
Qingtang Middle School by Zhou Bao.
Revision Talk about the picture
What’s the matter? He has a stomachache. What should he do? He should go to a docter.
What’s the matter? He has a sore back. What should he do? He should lie down and have a rest.
3a Imagine you are the school nurse and a student just had an accident or a health problem. Make notes about what he/she should and shouldn’t do. Accident or health problem He/She He/She should shouldn’t
3b Role play. Write a conversation between the nurse and the student using the notes in 3a. Use the questions and phrases below to help you. What’s the matter?/What happened? /Are you OK? No, I don’t feel well./I feel…/I have a …/Should I …? You should…/You shouldn’t… fell down/got hit by…/cut myself/hurt my…
选择填空。 1. My parents ____ getting up early on weekdays. (2013 四川雅安) A. used to B. be used to C. was used to D. are used to 2. We’re talking about “China Dream” these days. It’s ___ exciting ____ all of the Chinese people are interested in it. (2013 黑龙江) A. such; that B. so; that C. too; to
根据所给情景完成下列对话，每空一词。 A: Good afternoon, Mrs Brown! What can I do _____ for you? B: Good afternoon, Doctor. I’m not feeling ____ well. A: What’s the matter _____ with you? B: My head hurts. A: Do you have a fever ____?
B: No. My temperature seems to be __________. all right mouth and say “Ah”. A: Open your ______ B: Ah! bed for a day A: You’d better stay in ___ ___ or two. And take this medicine twice a day. B: Thanks ______.
从方框内选择正确的短语，并用其正确 形式填空。 be used to, take a risk, run out of cut off, get out of, be in control of, give up am used to walking to school. 1. I ___________ 2. I want to help Lily to ____________ get out of this big trouble. 3. He threatened to ____ cut my hair ____. off in control of this 4. My grandma is ____________ company.
be used to, take a risk, run out of cut off, get out of, be in control of, give up 5. – I failed the final English exam. I’m so depressed. give up You’ll do it better -- Don’t _______. next time. 6. Jimmy is such a coward (胆小鬼) that he take a risk dare not ___________. 7. Sam has _________ run out of every penny to help the poor.
Unit 1 What’s the matter? 一、重点短语 1. have a fever 发烧 2. have a cough 咳嗽 3. have a toothache 牙疼 4. talk too much 说得太多 5. drink enough water 喝足够的水 6. have a cold 受凉;感冒 7. have a stomachache 胃疼 8. have a sore back 背疼 9. have a sore throat 喉咙痛 10. lie down and rest 躺下来休息 11. hot tea w ith honey 加蜂蜜的热茶
12. see a dentist 看牙医 13. get an X-ray 拍X 光片 14. take one’ s temperature 量体温 15. put some medicine on sth. 在……上面敷药 16. feel very hot 感到很热 17. sound like 听起来像 18. all weekend 整个周
末 19. in the same way ? 以同样的方式 20. go to a doctor 看医生 21. go along 沿着……走 22. on the side of the road 在马路边
23. shout for help 大声呼救 24. without th inking twice 没有多想 25. get off 下车 26. have a heart problem 有心脏病 27. to one’ s surprise 使....... [京讶的 28. thanks to 多亏了 ；由于 29. in time 及时 30. save a life 挽救生命 31. get into trouble 造成麻烦 32. right away 立刻；马上 33. because of 由于
34. get out of 离开;从……出萍 35. hurt oneself 受伤 36.bandage on sth. 用绷带包扎 37. fa ll down 摔倒 38. feel sick 感到恶心 39. have a nosebleed 流鼻血 40. cut his knee 割伤他的膝盖 41. put her head back 把她的头向后仰 42. have problems breathing 呼吸困难 43. mountain climbing 登山运动
44. be used to doing sth. 习惯做某事 45. run out (of) 用完;用尽 46. so that 以便 47. so. . . that 如此… …以至于… 48. be in control of 掌管;管理 49. in a d iffic u lt situation 在闲境屮 50. keep on doing sth. 继续或坚持做某事 51. make a decision 做出决定 52. take risks 冒险 53. give up 放弃
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
二、重点句型 1. What’ s the matter? 什么事？怎么啦？ What’ s the matter with you?你怎么了？ = What’s the trouble with you? = What’ s wrong with you? 2. W hat should she do? 她该怎么办呢？ Should I take my temperature? 我应该量一下体温吗？ 主语+ should/shouldn’t + 动词原形. .. ①You should lie down and rest. 你应该躺下休息一会儿。 ② You shouldn’ t go out at night. 你晚上不应该出去。
? 3. Do you think it comes from a newspaper or a book? ? 你认为它是来自报纸还是书呢？ ? 4. I think I sat in the same way for too long without moving. ? 我想我以同样的姿势一动不动地坐得太久了。 ? 5. She said that the man had a heart problem andshould go to the hospital
1. Write different health problems next to the body parts. Then write more health problems you know of.
Head: _____________ headache Back: _____________ backache Throat: _____________ sore throat Tooth: _____________ toothache Stomach:stomachache ___________ Other problem: sore eye earache __________________ nosebleed neckache __________________
2.Put these questions and answers in order ot make a conversation.
2 I hurt myself playing soccer. I _____ have a sore leg. 4 What should I do? _____ 5 I think you should see a doctor _____ and get an X-ray. 6 OK, thanks. I'll do that now. _____ 1 What's the matter? _____ _____ 3 Oh, that doesn't sound good.
3. Write advice for these people.
1. Problem: Alan cut himself. Advice:____________________________ 2. Problem: Cindy has a headache.
3. Problem: My cousins have had colds. Advice:___________________________ 4. Problem: Jack hurt his back playing volleyball. Advice:______________
1. Copy and recite the new words on Pages 5-8. 2. Finish 2 in Self Check to make a conversation. 3. Finish the Workbook Section B 2e-3b
Thank you for listening!