( )1. The mother asked the boy _______ down the ladder, but he went on _______ instead.
A. come; climbing B. to come; to climb
C. to come; climbing D. coming; climbing
( )2. The teacher asked the students to close the windows _______ the wind from _______ the
A. to stop; blowing B. stopping; blowing
C. to stop; blow D. stopped; blow
( )3. The sick man stayed in bed, _______ very terrible.
A. felt B. feeling C. is feeling D. was feeling
( )4. Yesterday I heard a story _______ by my friend.
A. told B. telling C. to tell D. tell
( )5. The boy was made _______ there for an hour by his father.
A. standing B. stand C. to stand D. stands
( )6. I saw him _______ into the small store.
A. went B. going C. to go D. has gone
( )7. He raised his voice to make everybody in the room ______ him clearly.
A. hear B. to hear C. hearing D. heard
( )8. Our geography teacher told us yesterday that the earth _______ around the sun.
A. was moving B. moved C. has moved D. moves
( )9. Oh, it‘s you. I‘m sorry I _______ know you _______ here.
A. don‘t; are B. didn‘t; are C. didn‘t; were D. don‘t; were
( )10. Mr LuXun died in 1936. He _______ a lot of famous novels.
A. wrote B. was writing C. has written D. would write
( )11. --- How was your weekend on the farm?
--- Great! We _______ with the farmers.
A. enjoy ourselves B. went fishing C. will work D. make friends
( )12. --- What did Mr Jones do before he moved here?
--- He _______ a city bus for over twenty-five years.
A. is driving B. drove C. has driven D. drives
( )13. Jane _______ a new dress every month when she was in Shanghai.
A. buys B. is buying C. bought D. will buy
( )14. --- Liu Mei can‘t come tonight.
--- Why? But she _______ me she would come.
A. tells B. told C. is told D. had told
( )15. He turned off the light and then _______.
A. leaves B. has left C. will leave D. left
( ) 1. Father usually ______ his newspaper after dinner.
A. read B. reads C. reading D. is reading
( ) 2. The Blacks often ______ to the cinema on Saturday evenings.
A. go B. goes C. is going D. are going
( ) 3.Look! The boy ______ with his mother in the pool.
A. is swimming B. is swimming C. are swimming D. are swiming
( ) 4.--- What is Tom doing in the classroom? --- He ______ something on the blackboard.
A. draws B. draw C. is drawing D. are drawing.
( ) 5.Old Tom usually ______ up at six and ______ sports in the garden.
A. gets, dos B. gets, does C. get, does D. gets, do
( ) 6. It‘s ten o‘clock and Jack ______ still(仍然) ______ his homework.
A. is, do B. is, doing C. are, do D. are, doing
( ) 7. The waiters ______ to work at five every morning.
A. start B. starts C. starting D. are starting
( ) 8.I ______ a letter, so I can‘t go out with you.
A. is writing B. am writing C. am writeing D. am writting
( )9.A hundred days _____ quite a long time.
A. is B. are C. have D. has
( )10. --______ late for the meeting next time. –Sorry, I won‘t.
A. Don‘t B. Don‘t be C. Won‘t be D. Be not
( )11. My mother _____ noodles, but my father ______.
A. likes, doesn‘t B. don‘t like, do C. likes, didn‘t D. didn‘t like, do
( )12. The picture ______ nice.
A. looks B. is looked C. look D. is looking
( )13. The students will go to the Summer Palace if it ______ tomorrow.
A. don‘t rain B. doesn‘t rain C. won‘t rain D. isn‘t rain
( )14. We are always ready _______ others.
A. to helping B. to help C. help D. helping
( )15. I often hear her ______ about the boy.
A. talking B. talk C. to talk D. talked
( )16. He‘s already a little weak in Chinese, ______ he ?
A. is B. isn‘t C. has D. hasn‘t
( )17.Potatoes are ______ in the field by the farmers.
A. grow B. growing C. grown D. grew
( )18. Does she have a watch? – Yes, she ______.
A. have B. do C. has D. does
( )19. She _____ English very much now.
A. is liking B. likes C. liked D. is teaching
( )20. She has no paper to _____ . Why not give her some?
A. write B. be writing C. write on D. write in
( )21. Does Mr Know-all know ______ keys?
A. to make B. how to make C. how make D. making
( )22. Does your mother ______ English now?
A. teaches B. teach C. taught D. is teaching
( )23. Jack usually ______ mistakes last term. But this term he does better.
A. makes B. made C. does D. did
( )24. The boy is too young, please ______ carefully.
A. look after him B. look him after C. look at him D. look him at
( )25. She ______ you to come to my birthday party.
A. hopes B. wishes C. want D. lets
( )26. --Where is Frank now? -- He ______ his bike in the yard.
A. fixes up B. fixing up C. is fixing up D. fixed
( )27. Bob often ______ his mother with the housework on Sundays.
A. help B. helping C. helps D. helped
( )28. The students will go to the Summer Palace if it ______ tomorrow.
A. don‘t rain B. doesn‘t rain C. won‘t rain D. isn‘t rain
( )29. If it _____ tomorrow, I will go by car.
A. rain B. will rain C. rains D. would rain
( )30. --What a nice garden! –She ______ it every day.
A. is cleaning B. has cleaned C. cleans D. clean
( )31. --Where is Peter? -- He ______ his homework in the room.
A. is doing B. does C. did D. do
( )32. The teacher told us that light ______ much faster than sound.
A. travels B. traveled C. was D. will be
( )33. My mother told us that Taiwan ______ part of China.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
( )34. Do you know bananas _____ in Hainan?
A. grows B. is grown C. grew D. are grown
( )35. The clothes ______very soft.
A. are felt B. are feeling C. feel D. feels
( )36. The supermarket is far from Mary‘s house. So she _____ only once a week.
A. goes shopping B. has been there C. was shopping D. has gone there
( )37. Don‘t make so much noise. We _____ to the music.
A. are listening B. listen C. listened D. have listened
( )38. I‘ll go swimming with you if I _____ free tomorrow.
A. will be B. shall be C. am D. was
( )39. – Oh, Mrs. King, your sweater looks nice. Is it _____ wool ?
-- Yes, and it‘s _____ Inner Mongolia.
A. made of, made by B. made of, made in
C. made by, made for D. made by, made from
( )1. Her hope _______ the 2008 Olympic Games.
A. to take part in B. is to take part in C. taking part in D. will take part in
( )2. --- Can I go to Beijing for my holiday, Dad? --- You can when you _______ a bit older.
A. will get B. get C. are getting D. got
( )3. If he _______harder, he will catch up with us soon.
A. study B. studies C. will study D. studied
( )4. --- Don‘t forget to ask him to write to me.
--- I won‘t. As soon as he _______, I‘ll ask him to write to you.
A. will come B. came C. comes D. is coming
( )5. --- Jimmy is leaving for a holiday.
--- Really? Where _______ he _______?
A. has; gone B. will; go C. did; go D. would; go
( )6. Frank _______ to see his grandma if he _______ free tomorrow.
A. will come; will be B. comes; is
C. will come; is D. comes; will be
( )7. There _______ a talk on science in our school next Monday.
A. will give B. will be C. is going to give D. is
( )8. --- Shall we go shopping now?
--- Sorry, I can‘t. I _______ my shirts.
A. wash B. washes C. washed D. am washing
( )9. I believe that those mountains _______ with trees in a few years‘ time.
A. are covered B. will be covered C. are covering D. will cover
( )10. It is said that about 400 cars _______ in the factory next month.
A. were produced B. will produce C. are produced D. will be produced
( )11. --- Are you free this afternoon?
--- No. I‘ll have an English composition _______ this afternoon.
A. to write B. wrote C. to be writing D. to be written
( )12. --- Come back home every month.
--- I _______.
A. will B. must C. should D. can
( )13. A robot _______ think of itself; it _______ be told what to do.
A. can‘t; must B. couldn‘t; can C. may not; will D. mustn‘t, may
1. While we __________ (wait) for the bus, a girl __________ (run) up to us.
2. I __________ (telephone) a friend when Bob __________ (come) in.
3. Jim __________ (jump) on the bus as it __________ (move) away.
4. We __________ (test) the new machine when the electricity __________ (go) off.
5. She __________ (not want) to stay in bed while the others ________________ (all, work) in the fields.
6. While mother ________ (put) Cathy to bed, the door bell ________ (ring).
7. As I __________ (walk) in the park, it __________ (begin) to rain.
8. Even when she ___________ (be) a child she _____ (already, think) of becoming a ballerina (芭蕾舞演员).
9. It was quite late at night. George __________ (read) and Amy __________ (ply) her needle when they __________ (hear) a knock at the door.
10. There __________ (be) a group round the fire when they __________ (reach) it. An old woman __________ (sit) on the ground near the kettle; two small children __________ (lie) near her; a donkey __________ (bend) his head over a tall girl.
1. I _____ (have) my breakfast at half past six yesterday morning.
2. Mary _____ (go) over her lessons from six to seven last night. John and peter ____(do) the same thing.
3. What _____ you ___ (do) at that time? We _____ (watch) TV.
4. Was your father at home yesterday evening? Yes, he was. He _____ (listen) to the radio.
5. They _____(not make) a model ship when I saw him.
6. _____ they ____ (have) a meeting at 4 yesterday afternoon?
No, they _____. They _____ (clean) the classroom.
7. ______ it ______(rain) when you left school? Yes, it ____. (No, it ____)
8. What _____ your father _____ (do) when he was your age?
9. One day, Edison _____ (wait) for a train to arrive, and suddenly a little boy ran to the track(轨道) to play.
10. He asked me if I ______ (go) fishing that afternoon.
11. The three of them were in a hurry because their plane _____ (leave) in five minutes.
12. In a letter, john told us that he _____ (come) to china next month.
13. When the bell rang, jenny _____ (wait) in her seat.
14. She _____ (make) her dress the whole afternoon.
15. While my father ____ (look) through the evening paper, he suddenly ____ a cry.
I. Fill in the blanks with the proper form.
1. I____ already ____ (see) the film. I ________ (see) it last week.
2. _____ he ____ (finish) his work today? Not yet.
3. My father ____ just ____ (come) back from work. He is tired now.
4. Where‘s Li Ming ? He __________ (go) to the teacher‘s office.
5. I __________ (work) here since I ______ (move) here in 1999.
6. So far I _______________(make) quite a few friends here.
7. How long ________ the Wangs ______________(stay) here ? For two weeks.
8. I ________ just ___________ (finish) my homework.
9. He ________ (go) to school on foot every day.
10.____ you ______ (find) your science book yet?
11. If it ____ (be) fine tomorrow, I'll go with you.
12. The students ____________ (read) English when the teacher came in.
13. Look! The monkey __________ (climb) the tree.
14. My mother __________ (come) to see me next Sunday.
15. I've lost my pen. _________ you ________ (see) it anywhere?
II. Choose the best answer. 1. How long have you _______ here?
A. come B. got C. arrived D. been
2. My grandpa died _________.
A. at the age of my 2 B. for 2 years
C. when I was 2. D. my age was 6. 3. Jane has _____ to BeiJing. She will come back tomorrow.
A. been B. gone C. went D. never been 4. It is ten years _____ I last saw her.
A. after B. since C. for D. that
5.--Who will go to the station to meet Lorry? --I will. I _____ her several times.
A. met B. have met C. had met D. will meet
6. --What a nice dress! How long _____ you _____ it? --Just 2 weeks.
A. will, buy B. did, buy C. are, having D. have, had
7.--Do you know Lydia very well? --Yes, She and I _____ friends since we were very young.
A. have made B. have become C. have been D. have turned 8. The Smiths _______ in China for 8 years.
A. has lived B. lived C. have been D. live
9. --Hello, this is Mr. Green speaking. Can I speak to Mr. Black?
-- Sorry. He ______ the Bainiao Park.
A. has been to B. has gone to C. went to D. will go to
10. --____ you ever ____ to the US?
-- Yes, twice.
A. Have, gone B. Have, been C, Do, go D. were, going
Use ―never, ever, already, just, yet, for, since‖ to fill in the blanks.
1. I have _______ seen him before, so I have no idea about him.
2. Jack has _________ finished his homework.
3. Mr. Wang has taught in this school ________ ten years.
4. ―Have you ________ seen the film?‖ ―No, I have ________ seen it.‖
5. ―Has the bus left _______?‖ ―Yes, it has _________ left.‖
( )(1)The police found that the house _______and a lot of things_________.
A. has broken into, has been stolen B. had broken into, had been stolen
C. has been broken into, stolen D. had been broken into, stolen
( )(2)By the end of this century, we__ ours into a strong modern country.
A. will build B. had built C. have built D. will have built
( )(3)We _________the work by six yesterday evening.
A. finished B.would finish C. had finished D. had been finished
( )(4)I _________to help you but couldn‘t get here in time.
A. want B. had wanted C. have wanted D. was wanting
( )(5) Mrs. Wu told me that her sister___________.
A. left about two hours before B. would leave about two hours before
C. has left about two hours ago D. had left about two hours before
( ) (6)When I reached home, my parents __________their supper.
A.are having B.have already had
C.have had D. had already had
( ) (7)It seems that the old man _________something important.
A.has lost B. had lost C. lost D. would lose
( ) (8)She __________in this school ________the past ten years.
A.was teaching, since B. had been teaching, since
C.would teach, for D. has been teaching, for
( ) (9)Did you see Xiao Li at the party? No, ______by the time I arrived.
A.she‘d left B.she's left C. She was left D.she must leave( )
(10)The job proved to be much more difficult than I______.
A. expect B.expected C. would expect D.had expected
( ) (11)We couldn‘t catch up with the others because they _____too long before us.
A.started B.were starting C.have started D.had started
( ) (12)She felt anxious about her son as she ________for quite a long time.
A.haven't heard him B. hadn‘t heard him
C.haven?t heard from him D. hadn‘t heard from him
( ) (13)By the time the speaker entered the hall, all the listeners_______.
A. had seated B. were seated C. seated D. were seating
( ) (14)By the end of next July this building__________.
A. will be finished B. will have finished
C. will have been finished D. had been finished
( ) (15)By the time the war ____, most of the people had left.
A.was began B. was broken out
C.broke out D. had been broken out
( ) (16)If she ______harder, she would have succeeded.
A. had worked B. have worked C. should work D. worked
( ) (17)I wish ______I you yesterday.
A. seen B. did see C. had seen D. were to see
( )(18)He is talking so much about America as if he _______ there.
A. had been B.has been C. was D. been
( ) (19)That dinner was the most expensive meal we___.
A. would have B. have had C. had never had D. had ever had
( )(20)When Jack arrived he learned Mary ______for almost an hour.
A. had gone B. had set of C. had left D. had been away
A．was B．am C．had been D．have been
1. Li Ming said he _____happy if Brian_____to China next month.
A. as; come B. was; would come
C. would be; came D. will be; come
2. Jenny said she _____her holiday in China.
A. spent B. would spent
C. was going to spent D. would spend
3. —What did your son say in the letter?
—He told me that he ______ the Disney World the next day.
A. will visit B. has visited
C. is going to visit D. would visit
4. I hoped Tina ______ to my birthday party on time the next Wednesday.
A. to come B. is coming
C. will come D. was coming
5. Father said that he ______ me to Beijing the next year.
A. took B. would take
C. takes D. will take
6. We were not sure whether they ______ more vegetables.
A. are going to grow B. were going to grow
C. will grow D. have grown
7. She ______ to work when the telephone rang.
A. is going B. will go
C. was about to go D. is to go
1. Miss Zhang said she ________(visit) the Great Wall next summer.
2. She told him that she ________(not stay) here for long.
3. I wasn‘t sure whether Lucy_______(come) the next year.
4. The scientists said the world‘s population _______ (slow) down in future.
5. She said the bus _______(leave) at five the next morning.
6. I wasn't sure whether he _______(lend) me his book the next morning.
7. He was fifty-six. In two years he _______(be) fifty-eight.
8. Whenever she has time, she ______(help) them in their work.