1. --Where did you go on holiday this summer? England?
--You are A. funny B. right C. cool D. close
2. --May I have another cake?
--You'd better not. You shouldn't go swimming on a A. hot B. hungry C. fat D. full
3. --Tom, there’s a football game on the playground. Let’s go and watch it. --It’s
A. interesting B. surprising C. exciting D. boring
4. --My stomach feels ______. I think I ate something bad at lunch time. --You'd better go to the doctor.
A. badly B. terrible C. hungry D. sick
5. --Jim, I heard that you moved to a new place.
--Right, I now live next to a supermarket, It's very A. safe B. lonely C. convenient D. helpless
6. –Waiter, $20 for dinner, right?
--I’m afraid $25, sir, for drinks are .
A. extra B. free C. high D. spare
7. –I wore the sports shoes to the ball yesterday evening by mistake.
--Oh, dear. You must be at the ball.
A. embarrassed B. satisfied C. tired D. surprised
8. The stage.
A. sweet B. tasty C. final D, great
9. --What do you think of the movie My Regimental Commander?
--Oh, except for some mistakes.
A. terrible B. excited C. wonderful D. boring
10. --No matter how angry you are, you shouldn’t be to others. --Sorry, Mom. I won’t do that again.
A. sad B. disappointing C. rude D. mad
11. --Why is the lady so --Her son went abroad alone and hasn’t return yet.
A. angry B. worrying C. anxious D. excited
12. --Who is the most _____ student in your class?
--Ted, I think. He never cheats in the exams.
A. helpful B. hard-working C. clever D. honest
13. --Kate, do you know that you’ve won the first prize in the English speech contest? --Really? Wonderful! This is the most
A. surprising B. boring C. exciting D. interesting
14. --Should I take my ID card to the meeting?
--Yes. Maybe it’s not a big problem, but it’s .
A. necessary B. interesting C. important D. possible
15. --What are you going to do after this big exam?
--I will have a ______ sleep .You know, I’ve been always staying up late for it recently .
A. fast B. heavy C. loud D. sound
16. --Does your uncle smoke, Jack?
--Yes. He is such a ______ smoker that he often burns cigarettes one by one .
A. deep B. strong C. light D. heavy
17. --How about two pounds a hat, sir?
--The price sounds _______. I’ll take five then.
A. little B. convenient C. fair D. cheap
18. --How nice the music sounds!
--It does! The peaceful music will make you feel _____.
A. excited B. bored C. moved D. relaxed
19. --What are you doing, Mom?
--I'm cooking something ______ for Mary's birthday.
A. special B. strange C. normal D. lively
20. --In some foreign countries, such as Canada, children usually leave their parents when they grow up.
--It makes the old feel
A. alone B. lonely C. frightened D. enjoyable
21. --Peter is ill in hospital.
--I’m not to hear that. I’ve been telling him not to work so late every day.
A. surprised B. sorry C. glad D. excited
22. --Do you have a --Yes, here you are.
A. new B. useful C. used D. spare
23. --Would you like to go and see a film?
--Sure, the TV programs are too .
A. surprising B. interesting C. exciting D. boring
24. --What do you think of Ms Green?
--She is a good teacher and she is very ______ with the slower students.
A. serious B. angry C. patient D. careless
25. --The bag is too -box in.
--Why not take out of some books?
A. heavy B. full C. filled D. empty
26. --It’s blowing --We have to stay at home instead of playing badminton.
A. badly B. hardly C. heavily D. strongly
27. --I can’t afford the white dress. Can you show me something cheaper?
--What about the orange one? The price is a little _______.
A. cheaper B. higher C. more expensive D. lower
28. --Uh-uh, it looks like I’m going to be late for class again. I hope that Mr. Brown
doesn’t start now.
--You’re sure to be
A. disappointed B. embarrassed C. upset D. relaxed
29. --How was your trip to Hainan?
--All was great except that I was ______ to the language there. I sometimes
needed others to say a
word again and again.
A. careful B. unusual C. strange D. special
30. --How does Jerry go to school?
--He has the
A. nearest B. shortest C. farthest D. longest
31. --What do you do when you’re of money?
--I’ll ask my parents.
A. little B. short C. afraid D. full