Read the passage and fill in the blanks. On July 15th, Jane and her family got to Penang in _________. Malaysia The weather was ______ sunny and ____. hot So they decided to go to the beach _____. She and her sister tried __________. It was so _______. paragliding exciting She felt like she was a bird ____. They had Malaysian yellow noodles ______ for lunch. They were delicious! They ____ rode bicycles to Georgetown in the afternoon.
They saw many old and new _________ buildings there. Weld Quay is a very ___ old place. They saw the houses of the Chinese _______ traders from 100 years. They really enjoyed _______ walking _______ around the town.
Complete the diary entry about a 3a trip to one of these places. Use the words and phrases in the box to help you.
hot and sunny Beijing duck take some photos buy something special learn something important
tired delicious beautiful interesting August
August 20th Wednesday, _______ Today the weather was ____________. hot and sunny I went Beijing hutong It was _________. interesting We to a _____________. ______________. took some photos I liked this place because ________________________. I bought something special For dinner we had Beijing ______ duck ____. It was _______. delicious In the evening, I felt really ____. tired
It’s your turn now. What other places do you like to go? Please write them down. Wednesday, ______ 20th Today the weather was ___________. I went to ____________. It was ________. We _____________. I liked this place because ____________. For dinner we had _________. It was ________. In the evening, I felt really ______.
Answer the questions to 3b make notes about a vacation you took. 1. Where did you go? __________________________ I went to the beach. 2. Did you go with anyone? ___________________________ Yes. I went with my parents. 3. How was the weather? ____________________________ It was sunny and hot. 4. What did you do every day? ___________________________ We went swimming every day.
5. What food did you eat? ________________________________ We ate sea food. 6. What did you like best? ________________________________ I liked the paragliding best. 7. Did you dislike anything? ________________________________ Yes. I didn’t like the bus ride. 8. How did you feel about the trip? _________________________________ It was interesting but tired.
Write a travel diary like Jane’s 3c on Page 5. Use your notes in 3b. ___________________________________ ___________________________________ ___________________________________ ___________________________________ ___________________________________ _____________________
One possible version:
Wednesday, July 24th
I went to the beach on vacation with my __________________________________________
parents. It was sunny and hot. We went __________________________________________ swimming in the sea every day. We usually ate _________________________________________ sea food. I liked the paragliding best. It was __________________________________________
__________________________________________ exciting. But I didn’t like the bus ride. It’s __________________________________________ boring. I think the trip was exciting but tired.
Now, it’s your turn. Try your best.
1. Complete the conversations with the correct words in the box. anything, everything, nothing, anyone, everyone, no one 1. A: Did ______ anyone go on vacation with you last month? B: Yes, my family went to the countryside with me.
2. A: Did your family go to the beach with you last weekend? B: No. _______ No one from my family went, but my friend went with me.
3. A: I didn’t bring back anything from Malaysia. B: ________ Nothing at all? Why not? 4. A: Did you buy ________ anything in the shopping center? B: No, I didn’t. ___________ Everything was very expensive. 5. A: How was the volleyball game yesterday? B: Great! _________ Everyone had a fun time!
2. Complete the passage with the correct forms of the verbs in the brackets.
bought (buy) a new dictionary the day before yesterday. 2. — What day ____ was (be) it yesterday? — It was ____ (be) Friday. 3. They _____ were (be) here half an hour ago. 4. We often ______ played (play) games last term.
5. She _____ gave (give) me a book a moment ago. got (get) up very early this 6. The girl _____ morning. 7. They _____ took (take) photos near the river an hour ago. 8. He _____________ didn’t watch (not watch) TV yesterday evening.
1. 阅读Self check 2的短文，并强化记忆所
例举动词的一般过去式形式。 2. 总结全单元出现的不规则变化的动词的 一般过去式，并努力记住他们。