1.知识目标： 学习词汇： cloud，kick，fever，cough， awful 学习词组：from morning till night，kick the ball, have a high fever, cough a lot, an awful day 学习句子： The clouds become dark. Luckily, it didn’t rain.
2. 技能目标： Learn to use the five kinds of sentence structures: S+V; S+V+O; S+V+P; S+V+IO+DO; S+V+DO+OC
S V DO
Subject主语 Verb 谓语动词 Direct object 直接宾语 Predicative 表语 Indirect object 间接宾语 Object complement 宾语补足语
The swallow is flying.
S V V S V
It can sing.
They play. The birds can dance.
S S V V
We are going to swim.
People watch the what birds.
DO DO DO
They like what birds.
S S V V
Birds love people. who Some people may hunt them what what
1.They are running. 2.Jim can draw.
run draw vi.(不及物
3.The baby pandas drink milk. 4.We are reading English.
The man is in the park. He looks kind.
V P V P V P
He is a kind man.
The singing of birds sounds beautiful.
The world will become better.
Look at the sentences from this unit and pay attention to the verbs: 1. I like autumn. 2. Summer is so hot. 3. The days of spring are windy and bright. 4. Then autumn leaves turn brown. 5. The temperature drops.
Three kinds of verbs:
intransitive verbs, transitive verbs, linking verbs
Do you know linking verbs?
Do you know linking verbs?
? ? ? ? a. 表示“判断”：be b. “变得”“成为”become, get, grow, turn c. 保持某一状态 keep, stay d. 感官 look, seem, feel, smell, sound, taste
Pay attention to the underlined verbs: Which are intransitive verbs? Which are transitive verbs? Which are linking verbs? (1)My sister works. intransitive verbs
(2)Lucy is reading a book. transitive verbs (3)My father bought me a new bike. transitive verbs (4)The students keep healthy by cycling at weekends. linking verbs
Pay attention to the underlined verbs: Which are intransitive verbs? Which are transitive verbs? Which are linking verbs? (5) Where does the boy live? intransitive verbs
(6) The fish tastes delicious.
(7) A terrible accident happened on a rainy evening.
(8) I am a member of the dancing club. linking verbs
1. I _____ love reading. 2. Li Hua ____ is my favourite football star. 3. Oh, he looks _____ young. 4. I _________ am lying on the bed … 5. I gave _____ him a meal. 6. I _____ like autumn. 7. Summer ____ is so hot. 8. The days of spring are ___ windy and bright. 9. Then autumn leaves _____ turn brown. drops 10. The temperature ______.
Five kinds of sentence structures
S+V 1.主＋谓； 2.主＋谓＋宾； S + V + DO 3.主＋系＋表； S + V + P 4.主＋谓＋间宾＋直宾； S + V + IO + DO 5.主＋谓＋直宾＋宾补。
S + V + DO + OC
1. S + V （主＋谓） Subject Verb (S) (V)
The temperature drops. 2. S + V + DO （主
＋谓＋宾） Subject Verb Object (S) (V) (O)
3. S + V + P Subject (S) Autumn leaves
（主＋系＋表） Verb Predicative (V) (P) turn brown.
Finish Part A on Page 85.
4. S + V + IO + DO（主＋谓＋间宾＋直宾） Subject (S) Verb (V) Indirect Object (IO) Direct Object (DO)
Hobo brought Eddie
5. S + V + DO + OC （主＋谓＋直宾＋宾补） Subject Verb (S) (V) Direct Object (DO)
Object Complement (DO)
Eddie is watching Hobo
Finish Part B on Page 86.
英语的简单句有五种基本句型： S+V+P; S+V; S+V+O; S+V+IO+DO; S+V+DO+OC 动词可以分为行为动词（也称实义动词） 和系动词。行为动词可分为及物动词和 不及物动词。
Put the words and phrases in the correct order to make sentences.
1. I / for her birthday / bought / a new book / my mother / .
I bought my mother a new book for her birthday.
2. her / stamp collection / me / she showed / .
She showed me her stamp collection.
3. on TV / watch sport / I / often / .
I often watch sport on TV. 4. I’m / writer / a / . I’m a writer.
5. a lot / read / I / . I read a lot.
6. my father / me / to be a musician / wanted / . My father wanted me to be a musician.
7. I / sing / her / heard / . I heard her sing.
指出下面的句子属于哪种基本句型。 1. People call Zhalong Birds’ Home. S + V + DO + OC
2. The government built the nature reserve.
3. The sparrow is flying. S+V 4. The reserve gives wildlife an ideal home. S + V + IO + DO 5. The crane looks beautiful. S+V+P
6. The students are counting the birds.
7. Sandy thought herself a good birdwatcher. S + V + DO + OC
8. I found the article on wildlife interesting. S + V + DO + OC
? People call Zhalong Bird’s Home. S+V+DO+OC ? The government built the nature reserve. S+V+DO ? The sparrow is flying. S+V ? The reserve gives wildlife an ideal home. S+V+IO+DO ? The crane looks beautiful.S+V+P
? The students are counting the birds. S+V+DO
? Sandy thought herself a good birdwatcher. S+V+DO+OC
? I found the article on wildlife interesting. S+V+DO+OC
? 当堂反馈 ? The birdwatcher thought himself very lucky.
? The nature reserve gives the birds a perfect place to live.
? The people were hapy.
? Birds fly.
? The boy saved a rare bird. S+V+DO
1. Review the Grammar. Using the five kinds of sentence structures to make some sentences. 2. Finish the Exercises on Pages 85 and 86. 3. To preview Integrated skills on Pages 87 and 88 4. To learn to talk about the weather