1. Please ______ the light. A. turn on B. close C. open D. turn down
2. Is her lifestyle the same as yours or _______ ? What are the ________? A. differences, different B. different, differences C. difference, differences D. different, different
3. I’m sorry I can’t go. I have _______ homework this weekend.
A. much too B. too much C. many too
D. too many
4. It’s important _______ help the old. A. of I with B. of me to C. for me to D. for me
5. ---How many _____ do you like? ---Four _____ of potatoes.
A. potato, pieces B. potato. piece C. potatoes, piece
D. potatoes, pieces
6. Chongqing is bigger ______ in Japan.
A. than any other city B. than any city C. than the other cities D. than any cities
7. Ruben is _____ and _____ than me.
A. taller, outgoing B. tall, outgoing C. taller, more outgoing D. tall, more outgoing
8. There ________ some orange in the bottle, but there _______ any bananas in the basket.
A. was, weren’t B. wasn’t, were C. were, wasn’t
D. weren’t, was
9. How many students ______ to aquarium yesterday? A. go
B. went C. are going D. goes
10. Did you finish _____ that letter last night? A. writing B. writeing C. write D. to write
11. Please come to my party if you _____free this evening. A. will be B. doesn't C. be D. are
12. She read this book last Monday, ______ she? A. did B. doesn't
C. didn’t D. does
13. Would you like something _______ to eat? A. other B. the other
C. else D. else’s
14. I ______ (buy) a gift for you when I _______(go) to America.
15. On my next vacation, I _______ for a drive. A. went B. go
C. am going D. am go
16. Jim needed ____ a good rest because he was too tired. A. had
B. having C. has D. to have
17. –Lucy was ill in bed yesterday. ---___________.
A. Why B. She’s much better now C. Certainly
D. I’m sorry to hear that.
18. I hope you can ______ your homework here. A. take B. bring C. carry D. buy
19. My friend came to see me this morning, but I was _____. A. at home B. in C. out D. out of
20. Does your classmate enjoy ______ (live) at school or at home?
21. I hope ______ a teacher like my grandpa. A. to be B. being
C. you to be D. me to be
22. My uncle travels ______ every year. He travels for his business.
A. very B. a lot of C. lots of D. much
23. He was not here _________. A. last night B. tomorrow
C. now D. in 2 days.
24. She caught a cold the day before yesterday and now she’s getting a little _________.
A. colder B. best C. bad D. worse
25. The boss asked Tina ____ late for work. A. to be not late B. never to be C. not late D. don’t late
26. He ________ with his friends last weekend. A. hanged out
B. hung C. hung out D. hang out
27. I began ______ English when I was ten. A. to learn B. learned C. learnt D. learn
28. We stopped _______ when the teacher came in. A. to talk
B. talk C. talking D. talked
29. After a long walk, we stopped ___. A. to have a rest B. having a rest C. have a rest D. had a rest
30. They have a beautiful dog ______ Jay. A. call B. calling
C. called D. to call
31. Can you enjoy _______ in town? A. living B. to live
C. live D. lived
32. He ______ me an interesting story last night. A. tell B. is telling C. tells D. told
33. My mother will go to Beijing in _______.
A. one-week B. one week time C. two weeks’ time
34. I learnt swimming by ________. A. me B. myself
C. my D. mine
35. My uncle was very old and he was too weak(虚弱) ________.
A. stand up B. to stand up C. standing D. stood
36. I think reading is ________ writing.
A. as important as B. so important as C. the most important D. the same as
37. He with his twin brother ______ playing in the park _______ a sunny afternoon.
A. was, in B. was, on C. were, in D. were, on
38. _____ earth we live on is bigger than ____ moon. A. The, a
B. The, the C. An, a D. An, the
39. ---My watch keeps good. What about ______? ---Mine? Oh, two minutes slow.
A. you B. her C. hers D. yours
40. We must keep the windows ______ (close) when we leave our classroom.
41. The engineer will return from Macao ________ a few days. A. for B. in C. on D. after
42. We’ll have to clean the plates before mother ________ (come) home.
43. I’m really getting too fat. From now on, I _________(do) more exercise and eat less food.
44. ---Do you know _________? ---He’s Tom’s father.
A. who is he B. what he is C. what’s he D. who he is
45. The earth is our home, we must ___ the land, air and water clean.
A. save B. share C. let D. keep
46. ---Can I help you? ---Well, I’m afraid the box is ______ heavy for you, but thank you all the same.
A. so B. much C. very D. too
47. ______ a doctor is a job he enjoys. A. Be B. To being C. Being D. Be going to
48. ---Do you think it’s going to rain at the weekend? ---___________.
A. I don’t believe it B. I don’t believe C. I believe not so
D. I believe not
49. ---Excuse me. ____ is the nearest bookshop? ---Go down the
street and turn left at the second corner.
A. How B. What C. Where D. Who
50. ---What would you like to drink, girls? ---____________, please.
A. Two cups of coffee B. Two cups of coffees C. Two cup of coffee D. Two of coffees
51. ---Could I look at your pictures? ---Yes, of course you _________.
A. could B. will C. might D. can
52. _______ students in this school _______ computer.
A. A number of, is learning B. The number of, are learning
C. The number of, is learning D. A number of, are learning
53. I don’t think _______ to do now. A. there is something else
B. there is anything else
C. there is not anything else
D. there is nothing else
54. The scientist stopped ______ to me though he was busy.
A. talking B. to talk C. to have a talk
D. having a talk
55. Turn ______ the radio a little. I _______ hear the program.
A. up, can hardly B. down, hardly can C. on, can’t
D. off, can
56. ---Look! The light in the office is still on. ---Sorry. I forgot _______.
A. to turn it off B. turning it off C. to turn off it D. turning off it
57. The farmers were busy ________ ready for the next year in ______ winter of 2002.
A. getting, / B. to get, the C. to get, / D. getting, the