UNIT 2 I used to be afraid of the dark.检测题
21. I _______ frustrated when I wasn’t sure of the correct answer.
A. may be B. used to C. used to be D. use to be
22. When I was a child, I used to _______ chocolate.
A. liking B. like C. liked D. likes
23. It _______ that he has been ill for a long time.
A. seems B. looks C. looks as if D. seems as if
24. _______ our surprise, he didn’t pass the English exam.
A. In B. With C. By D. To
25. You used to be quiet, _______ you?
A. used B. did C. didn’t D. are
26. He has failed several times, but he won’tA. go on B. come on C. get up D. give up
late. But now he is used to ______early.
A. sleep; get up B. sleep; getting up
C. sleeping; get up D. sleeping; getting up
28. My brother is interested in ______ basketball.
A. play B. playing C. to play D. played
29. Are you ______ in the ______ story?
A. interested; interesting B. interesting; interesting
C. interested; interested D. interesting; interested
30. There is nothing wrong with your mother. Please don’ther.
A. worry about B. take pride in
C. pay attention to D. listen to
Some students get angry more often or more easily. Sometimes, their anger that their feelings get out of control (失去控制). People say that kids like this have temper (脾气break something, or , hit someone. Kids should express their terrible things. What should you do if you’re very angry? Here is some advice , even when you’re not angry.
★Exercise more. Any exercise, such as running or 37 , can be helpful 1
because it’s a way to★ 39 your mom or dad. If you’re angry about something, tell your parents and ask them for help or advice.
★Put your feelings into words. Using words might keep you from getting into trouble. Using words you to express your strong feelings and control your temper.
31. A. too B. quite C. so D. such
32. A. bad B. good C. happy D. annoyed
33. A. laugh B. smile C. shout D. look 34. A. heavier B. stronger C. better D. worse
35. A. if B. but C. unless D. until
36. A. break B. take C. forget D. bring
37. A. smoking B. sleeping C. swimming D. working 38. A. make B. allow C. keep D. see
39. A. Help with B. Take pride in C. Talk about D. Talk to
40. A. try B. teach C. want D. help
On the first day of my sixth grade, I saw one little girl called Amy on the school bus. “Don’t talk to her,” said Lauren, who sat beside me, “or they will make fun of you.”
Amy had many physical differences—lots of reasons for other kids to make fun of her. Her eyes weren’t straight. Her glasses were too big. And she had really ugly teeth. Amy, “God, what a strange face! Stop looking at me!”
I had to be in silence. After all, I didn’t want them to treat me in the same way.
But while I was insulting her, my heart ached for the girl. I could see that she was so ashamed (感到羞耻的) and alone. Then I wanted to stand up for her. I just didn’t know how to stop my schoolmates until the night of our class skating party.
Our whole class was there. Amy was there, too. Amy didn’t know how to skate, but I could see how much she wanted to have fun like the rest of us. So I skated over to her and took her by the hand. She just smiled, and was very excited.
The next morning there was much news about Amy and me skating together. But nobody laughed at her or me. And they didn’t for the rest of the 2
year. I never heard from Amy again after the school year. But I’ve always hoped that I changed her life for the better.
41. What grade was the writer in when he first met Amy?
A. Grade 1. B. Grade 2. C. Grade 5. D. Grade 6.
42. What did Amy look like?
A. She was beautiful. B. She was ugly.
C. She was fat. D. She was serious.
43. The underlined word “insult” has the similar meaning to “
A. laugh at B. look after C. wake up D. talk with
44. What did he do on their class skating party?
A. He taught Amy to skate. B. He introduced Amy to others.
C. He drove Amy out of the party. D. He said sorry to Amy.
45. What happened after the party?
A. Kids began to talk with Amy. B. Amy left the school.
C. Kids no longer laughed at Amy. D. Amy’s life changed for the worse.
An important question about eating out is who pays for the meal. If a friend of yours asks you to have lunch with him, you may say something like this, “I’m afraid it’ll have to be someplace cheap, as I have very little money.” The other person may say, “OK, I’ll meet you at McDonald’s.” This means that the two agree to go Dutch, that is, each person pays for himself. He may also say, “Oh, no. I want to take you to lunch at Smith’s,” or “I want you to try the Chinese dumplings there. They’re great.” This means the person wants to pay for both of you. If you feel friendly towards this person, you can go with him and you needn’t pay for the meal. You may just say, “Thank you. That would be very nice.”
American customs (风俗) about who pays for dates (约会) are much the same as in other parts of the world. In the old days, American women wanted men to pay for all the meals. But, today, a university girl or a woman in business world will usually pay her way during the day. If a man asks her for a dance outside the working hours, it means“Come, as my guest (客人).” So as you can see, it is a polite thing to make the question clear at the very beginning.
A. how to eat out B. where to eat out
C. what to eat out D. who pays for the meal
47. If you have little money, A. you’ll have a cheap meal B. you’ll borrow some from others 3
C. you’ll ask your friend to pay for your meal
D. you won’t want your friends to ask you to dinner
48. “Go Dutch” in this .
A.去饭馆 B.就餐 C.订餐 D.各自付款
A. he’s going to lend some money to youB. he’s going to pay for your meal, too
C. he’ll be angry with you D. he can’t understand you
A. ask men to pay for their meals B. try to pay for the men’s meals
C. try to pay for their own meals D. never have anything outside
1. Some students like c________ with each other online.
2. Children like to read c_________.
3. The little boy is t________ of going out at night.
6. After that, he became more_________ (interest) in history.
7. I spent much time ________ (chat) on the Internet.
8. If you want to be a good teacher, you must be more________ (patient).
9. It’s ________ (necessary）to give him a call and say “thanks” to him.
10. The shop sells all kinds of _______ (candy).
1. Philip used to play soccer very well. (改为一般疑问句)
________ Philip _________to play soccer very well?
2. Miss Liu used to be easygoing. (改为反意疑问句)
Miss Liu used to be easygoing, __________ ___________?
3. Alice shows great interest in playing the violin. (改为同义句)
Alice ___________ ___________ in playing the violin.
4. I used to be outgoing. (改为否定句)
I ____________ ___________ to be outgoing. 对画线部分提问)
What _________ Maria _________ to do?
假如你是李华，这个学期刚转到一所新学校。请根据下面表格中的信息，介绍你的一些变化。 80词左右，开头已给出，不计入总词数。 4
I have changed a lot since I moved to this