Unit 6 A charity walk
Organize a charity walk
A fund-raising activity
Name of the event Name of the charity Aim of the event
Walk for Children UNICEF Helping poor children raise money
Provide food, clothes, a chance
Details of the event (细节)
date 10 a.m. Starting time Sunny Street route
Sun, 3rd Jun.
Collection of funds
Award / Certificate Contact
One month after the walk
A certificate—finish in 2 hours A souvenir—first ten people person Zhao Aijia
Get an application form
(school office, school website)
Fill in the form
Return the form on /before 15th May
Some questions about the charity walk:
1. What is the event called?
2. When will it be held?
3. Why is it held?
4. Where will it be?
5. Who can join the walk?
6. How can people apply to join the walk? 7. When to collect the funds?
8. Which charity is being supported?
Answer the questions:
1. What is the event called? It is called Walk for Children. 2. When will it be held? It will be held on Sunday, 3rd June. 3. Why is it held? It is to raise money for the charity called UNICEF. 4. Where will it be? It will be held on South Hill.
5. Who can join the walk? Those who are interested in the hiking.
6. How can people apply to join the walk?
First they get an application form, fill in the form and at last return it on or before May 15th.
7. When to collect the funds? The donations should be collected within one month after the walk. 8. Which charity is being supported? UNICEF.
Walk for Children
Organized by Beijing Sunshine Secondary School
The aim of ‘Walk for Children’ is to raise money for the charity UNICEF Your donations can provide ____________ poor children with called_______. study ________ __________and a chance to _____. food clothes
3rd, Juneat _____. ‘Walk for Children’ will take place on South Hill on______ 10 a.m. Sunny Street to South Hill and we can enjoy the _________ Details We will walk from___________ nice view of the country during the walk. If you are interested in hiking and helping poor children, don’t miss the chance.
miss doing sth.
You can get an application form at our____________. You can also school office school website download it from our______________. Remember to return your 15th, May application form by mail on or before _____________.
one month You must collect all donations within ___________ after the walk. Collection
2 hours you will receive a certificate If you finish the walk within _______, __________. Certificate
souvenir The first ten people to finish the walk will each receive a ________.
Contact For further information, please contact__________ Zhao Aijia on__________. 5558 6390
Review what you have learnt today.