1. Write down these phrases. prepare for … 1) 为??做准备 ______________
2) 得了流感 _____________ have the flu
3) 去见朋友 ________________ meet the friends
4) 当然，我愿意去 Sure. I’d love to. _______________
5) 太多作业 ___________________ too much homework
6. 对不起，我没空。 Sorry. I’m not available. ______________________
not … until 7. 直到??才 _____________ hang out 8. 泡在某处 ___________
9. accept反义词 ________ refuse
2. Make an invitation to your friends. — hang out, tonight; — study for a math test — play tennis; — not free, go to the doctor — come to my party; — I love to. 1) — Can you hang out with us tonight? — Sorry. I must study for a math test.
2. — Can you play tennis with us? — I’m not free. I must go to the doctor. 3. — Can you come to my party today? — Sure. I’d love to.
1. — What day is it today? — It’s Tuesday. 2. — What day was it yesterday? — It was Monday. 3. — What day is it tomorrow? — It’s Wednesday. 4. — What day is it the day after tomorrow? — It’s Thursday.
— What’s the date today?
— It’s October the 19th.
1. — What was the date yesterday?
— It was October the 18th.
2. — What’s the date tomorrow?
— It’s October the 20th.
3. — What’s the date the day after tomorrow?
— It’s October the 21th.
1b Write the words below the correct dates.
Sunday the _____ 17th Monday the _____ 18th weekday Tuesday Wednesday the _____ the _____ 19th 20th today weekday tomorrow weekday
the day before yesterday tomorrow
Thursday Friday the _____ the ______ 21st 22nd the day after weekday tomorrow weekday
Saturday the ______ 23rd weekend
A: What’s today? B: It’s Tuesday, the 19th. A: What was yesterday? B: It was … A: What’s tomorrow? B: It’s … A: What’s the day after tomorrow? B: It’s …
1. the day before yesterday 前天 e.g. He arrived in New York the day before yesterday. 他前天到达了纽约。 2. the day after tomorrow 后天 e.g. I'll leave Beijing the day after tomorrow. 我将于后天离开北京。
3. weekday n. 工作日 e.g. He is always busy on weekdays. 他在工作日总是很忙。 4. look after v. 照顾；照料 e.g. She must look after her sister at home. 她必须在家里照顾她妹妹。
Listen. Can Vince play tennis with Andy? Circle Yes or No.
Listen again. Match Vince’s 1e activities with the days in 1d.
Vince’s activities ____ play soccer b a ____ go to the doctor ____ study for a test a b ____ have a piano lesson ____ look after his c sister Days a. today b. tomorrow c. the day after tomorrow
Fill in the blanks according to 1d.
Vince ______ play tennis with Andy. He can’t _____ go to the doctor and study for a test has to today. __________, he __________ soccer. has to play Tomorrow After that, he has a piano ______. And he is lesson going _____ to babysit his sister ______________
_______. the day after tomorrow
He is really _____ this week. busy
Andy invite Vince to play tennis. Hi, Vince. Can you play tennis with me?
Sorry, I can’t. I …
Make a list of the kinds of 2a parties people have. birthday party, Singing party Dancing party English party Ice-cream party housewarming
1. invitation n. 邀请；请柬 preparation n. 准备；准备工作
动词+ ion (后缀)→invitation 动词+ ion (后缀)→ preparation e.g. She didn’t accept my invitation. 她没有接受我的邀请。 He didn’t do any preparation for this exam, so he failed. 他考试前没做任何准备，所以不及格。
2. reply v. 回答；答复
e.g. They replied my letter three days ago. 三天前他们回复了我的信。 3. print v. 打印；印刷 e.g. Can you print this for me? 你能给我印出这个来吗？
4. delete v. 删除
e.g. Please delete my names from your list.
请把我的名字从你的清单中删除。 5. turn down 拒绝 e.g. Why did she turn down your
6. forward v. 转寄；发送 adv. 向前；前进 e.g. You can forward e-mail to someone else. 你可以将电子寄件转发给别人。 She stepped forward in order to see clearly. 她向前走了一步以便能看得更清楚。
7. sad adj. (令人)悲哀的； (令人)难过的 e.g. She was very sad when her cat died.
她的猫死后，她很悲伤。 8. glad adj. 高兴；愿意 e.g. I am glad that you can come. 你能来我很高兴。
9. goodbye interj. & n. 再见 e.g. She said goodbye and walked away. 她说了再见就走了。
10. take a trip
e.g. I’d like to take a trip to England. 我想去英国旅行。
11. glue n. 胶水 e.g. The glue doesn’t work well. 这胶水不粘了。
12. without prep. 没有；不（做某事）
e.g. A life without a friend is a life without
13. surprised adj. 惊奇的；感觉意外的 动词surprise + ed → surprised 惊奇的
e.g. He was surprised to find
nobody was at home.
14. look forward to 盼望；期待
look forward to + V–ing 形式
e.g. We look forward to seeing you again. 我们盼望再次见到你。
15. hear from 接到（某人的信，电话等） e.g. I hear from my cousin every two months. 我每两个月就会收到我表哥的来信。
Skim the messages below. Why did the people write them? Match the reason with each message.
Message 1: ________________________ accept an invitation
turn down an invitation Message 2: ________________________
Message 3: ________________________ make an invitation
Read the messages again and answer the questions.
1. What kind of party is it? ____________________________ 2. Who is the party for? _____________________________ 3. When is the party? _____________________________
4. Who did David invite to the party? _______________________________ 5. What can peo
ple do at the party? _______________________________
指导： ? 通读这三段信息，可知将David为Ms. Steen的离去举办一个聚会。第三条是聚会的 具体情况。第一、二条是He Wei和Jake的回 复。 ? 第三条是David对同学们所发的邀请，包 括对聚会的准备情况。因此，回答问题应主 要根据第三条的内容来回答。 ? 在理解五个问题的基础上，重点在第三条 内容中寻找。
答案： 1. It’s a saying goodbye party.
2. It’s for Ms. Steen. 3. It’s on next Friday, the 28th. 4. All the classmates.
5. People can say ―Thank you and goodbye‖ to Ms. Steen; They can also play games, eat things.
so that 与 so…that辨析
【辨析】 so that 意为“以便于；以至于”后常跟 目的状语从句，从句中常用can，could。 so … that意为“如此??以至于”， that 后为结果状语从句。
e.g. Tell me her address so that I can find her. 告诉我她的地址，以便于我找到她。 The box is so heavy that I can’t carry it. 这箱子太重了，我搬不动它。
Complete the invitation with words and
phrases from the messages on Page 69.
We are planning a housewarming _______ at our new house this Saturday. Can you _________? Our house is at 2 London Road. We are serving ______ and ____________ from 7:30 p.m. Please __________ your friends and family. A party is more __________ with more people! Please let us _________ by Wednesday ______ you can come to the party. Hope you can make it!
指导： ? 通读全文可知，短文是邀请朋友来参 加聚会。 ? 首先，通读本段文字，掌握大意。重 点把握有空格句子的意思，分析空格 处的意思。 ? 然后，根据记忆用2b短文中的词汇来 填空，补全这篇短文。
1. party; 句意“我们计划本周六在我们的 新房子里举办一次聚会”，可知本空格处 为party一词。 2. come; 这是表示邀请的说话“你能来吗?‖
3. food; drinks。由空格前serving一词可知 句意为“我们从七点半开始提供食物和饮 料”。
4. bring; 空格后为名词“朋友及家人” ， 可推知，空格处意为“带……来”。
5. surprised; 由空格前的is及more可知空格 处应为一多音节的形容词，推测句意为 “一个有更多人的聚会才会更另人惊奇。 6. know, if。句意“如果你能来参加聚会， 请于周三前让我们知道”。
Imagine one of your favorite teachers is leaving. Plan a party for him/her. Answer the questions with a partner.
1. Why is he/she one of the favorite teacher.
__________________________________ Because she’s really good with us.
2. What do you want to say to her? __________________________________ I want to say “Thank you and goodbye” __________________________________ to her.
3. When is the best time to have the party? I think Saturday afternoon is the best time. ________________________
____________ 4. Where can you have the party? _____________________________________ We can have the party in the classroom. 5. What kind of food will there be? Some fruits, cakes, candies and hamburgers. _____________________________________ 6. What kind of drinks would you like to serve? Cola, Spring, tea and water. ____________________________________
7. Who will come to the party? All the students in our class. ________________________________ 8. What activities will there be at the party? Singing, dancing, playing the guitar, ________________________________ playing the violin, cross talking… ________________________________ 9. How can you make the party a surprise for your teacher? ________________________________ We are going to bring her to the party ________________________________ without telling her.
1. Read the passage after class. 2. Write your own sentences with the phrases below. 1. bring … to … 3. think of 5. so that 7. surprised 2. take a trip 4. without doing … 6. look forward to 8. hear from