Let’s review the phrases. 1. 后天 _______________________ the day after tomorrow 2. 前天 _______________________ the day before yesterday 4. 照看；照顾 look after __________ take a trip 5. 去旅行 ___________________
6. 带??去?? ________________ bring … to …
7. 乐意做某事 be glad to do sth. ________________
8. 以便于；以至于 _____________ so that
9. 盼望；期待 _________________ look forward to …
Fill in the blanks with the right words. Ms. Steen is a fun teacher. She’s going back to the US soon. So, all the students are very ____. sad To show how much they’re going to ____ miss her, David wants to have a _______ ____ surprise party for her next Friday the 28th. He needs prepare some students to help him ________ the party.
He Wei really likes Ms. Steen a lot because she helped her to ________improve her English so much. She can help buy food and _______. She can also help to ______ Ms. Steen to drinks bring the party ________ telling her. Jake would without love to come to the party. But he’s not _________, because his family is _______ available taking a trip to Wuhan at the _____ of this month to visit his aunt and end
uncle. However, he’s still be _______ glad to help out with any of the party ___________. All the students are preparations looking ________ to this great party. forward
What kind of party is it?
It’s an opening of a new hospital.
1. opening n. 开幕式；落成典礼
动词 open + ing → opening e.g. My father has to go to the opening of a new theater tomorrow. 我爸爸明天必须去参加一个 剧院的落成典礼。
2. concert n. 音乐会；演奏会 e.g. I got a ticket to the pop concert. 我得到了一张流行音乐会的票。 3. daytime n. 白天；日间 e.g. I can’t sleep in the daytime. 我白天睡不着觉。
4. headmaster n. 校长 e.g. We would write a letter to the headmaster. 我们将写封信给校长。 5. event n. 大事；公开活动；比赛项目
e.g. The flower show is a yearly event in our city. 我们市的花展一年一次。
6. guest n. 客人；宾客 e.g. We must prepare a room for our guest. 我们必须为客人准备一个房间。
7. calendar n. 日历；日程表 e.g. Is there a calendar here? 这里有日历吗？
Read the invitation and answer the questions. 1. Who is making the invitation? _____________________________ 2. What is the invitation for? _____________________________ 3. When will the event happen? _____________________________
4. What will happen after this? _____________________________ 5. Do parents have to bring anything? _____________________________ 6. How should people reply to this invitation, and when? _____________________________
首先，浏览一下邀请信，了解邀请信的 目的及大意。 其次，读后面的问题，明确其意思。 然后，带着问题，细读邀请信，在信中 找出回答该问题的依据，并作出相应的回答
。 最后，再通读一遍短文，检查所回答问 题的正确性。
答案解析： 1. Larry Smith; 由邀请信的结尾处的署名 可知是“Larry Smith, Headmaster” 。
2. It’s for the opening of the new library at No. 9 High School. 由邀请信的第一句可知。
3. It will be on the morning of Wednesday, January 8th at 9:00. 由邀请信的第二句可知。
4. They can enjoy the school concert. 由邀 请信的第三句可知。
5. Yes. They should bring one book as a gift for the new library. 由邀请信的倒数 第二句话，可知答案。 6. They should reply in writing to this invitation by Friday. 由邀请信的最后一 句可知答案。
Write an invitation to a party or any other event. Reply to your partner’s invitation. If you turn down the invitation, give a good reason.
Include the following information ? kind of party or event ? when and where it will be ? if guests should bring anything ? if guests should reply to the invitation ? when and how guests should reply
Use the following words and phrases: would like to, will be, after this, please, reply ___________________________________
? 本题要求学生们写作两个小作文，一个是 写一个邀请他人参加某聚会或活动的信函； 另一个是答复你伙伴的邀请信。 ? 首先，认真阅读邀请信所包含的内容：聚 会或活动的类型；举办的时间与地点；客人 的着装；客人是否须带东西；客人是否须答 复此信；何时及如何答复此信。 ? 参照3a写一个包含上述内容的邀请信，注 意运用右栏中的提示词语。
One possible version:
Dear parents, ___________________________________ I’d like to invite you to the opening ___________________________________ ceremony for the new students at No. 10 ___________________________________ Middle School. The opening will be on ___________________________________ the morning of Wednesday, September ___________________________________ 4th at 8:00. After this, you can visit our ___________________________________ school. Please dress smartly. I would also ___________________________________ like to invite each parent to think of some ___________________________________ words to encourage your child to study ___________________________________
___________________________________ hard at school. Please reply in e-mail to ___________________________________ this invitation by Monday, September, ___________________________________ 2nd. Our e-mail address is __________________________________ Number10MS@sina. com. I look __________________________________ forward to hearing from you all. ___________________________________ Huang Zongsheng __________________________________ Headmaster
One possible version:
Headmaster: ___________________________________ Thanks so much for inviting. I’d love to ___________________________________ go to the opening ceremony, but I’m not ___________________________________ available. I have an important meeting in __________________________________ Beijing this weekend. I’ll think of some ___________________________________ words and give them to my child. Then, ___________________________________ I’ll visit the school another time next week. ___________________________________ Li Ming’s father. __________________________
Student A, look at your calendar on the right. Student B, look at yours on Page 81. Find a time when you can both go shopping.
Can you go shopping with me next week?
Sure. I’d love to. When?
Well, what are you going to do on Monday evening?
I must study for the English test. What about Tuesday evening?
1. Fill in the blanks in the conversation.
A: Hi, Peter. 1.____ you come to my party 2. _____ the weekend? B: Sure, 3.______ love to. A: How about 4. ______, Jenny? C: I’m afraid I 5. _____. I 6. ______ to look after my little cousin. A: 7._____ you come, Jeff? D: I 8.______ be able to, but I’m not sure. 9. _____ let you know tomorrow.
1. Can; 2. on; 句意“你好，彼特。你在周末 能来参加我的聚会吗？” 第一空用情态动词 can表达请求；第二空后有时间the weekend, 故用介词on来表示这一具体时间。 3. I’d; 由后面的love to，可知。本句是表达 同意，故用I’d love to 一句来表达。
4. you；由空格后的人名“Jenny”，可知 本句意为“你呢，詹妮？”，故填you一词。
5. can’t; 由空格前I’m afraid“我恐怕” ， 可知空格处应表“不能”，故填can’t一词。 6. have; 分析本句主、谓、宾具全，且空格 后有to一词。故空格处应为have to“必须”。
7. Can；本句为邀请Jeff参加。故用情态动 词can。 8. might；由下一句“但不太确定”，可知 空格处意为“有可能”，故用情态动词 might来表达“可能”之意。 9. I’ll; 句意“明天我会通知你” 。
2. You get these invitations but can’t go. Write a refusal and a reason.
1. Invitation: “Can you come to my party on Saturday?” Reply: ________________________ 2. Invitation: “Let’s go to the movies tomorrow night.” Reply: ________________________
3. Invitation: “Let’s go to the concert tomorrow night.” Reply: ________________________
4. Invitation: “Do you want to go shopping with me next week?” Reply: ________________________ 5. Invitation: “Can you play soccer with me after school today?” Reply: ________________________
1. I’m afraid I can’t. I have to prepare for the math exam. 2. Sorry, I can’t. I have to look after my sister at home. 3. I’d love to. But I’m not available. I’ll visit my grandparents with my family.
4. I’m afraid not. I have to go to the dentist. 5. S
orry, I can’t. I have to practice violin.
opening 1. I’m very busy, I can’t go to the ________ (落成典礼) of the new library. 2. I get his _________ (邀请) but I can’t go. invitation 3. I have too ______ (多) homework to do. much 4. Mr. King sometimes goes to the _______ concert (音乐会).
1. 背诵3a中的短文。 2. 整理一下自己课堂上所写的 邀请信及答复信，进行修 改，然后写在作业本上。