Fill in the blanks with the right words.
Thanksgiving is a s_____ holiday in the U.S.A. pecial It always on the f_____ Thursday in ourth November. There are many r______ for this easons special day. For some people, it is a time to give thanks for food in the a______. At this utumn time people also remember the first t_______ raveler from E______ about 500 years ago. These ngland days most Americans still have a big meal at home to c_______ it. The main dish of this elebrate
meal is almost always t_____. urkey How to make a turkey dinner? First, m__ together some bread pieces, ix onions, salt and pepper. F__ the turkey with ill this bread mix. Next, put the turkey in a hot oven and c____ ook it for a few hours. Then, place the turkey on a large plate and c____ it with gravy. over F_____, serve it to your friends with some inally other food.
Ask your partner his/her most
special day in China.
1. What do you think is the most special
________________________________ I think it’s Spring Festival.
2. What are the reasons for this special day?
_________________________________ People give thanks to the people who _________________________________ beat the scary animal Nian.
3. How do you celebrate it? We usually put up red decorations and _________________________________ light firecrackers. _________________________________ 4. What are the main dishes?
________________________________ We usually eat dumplings.
Do you know the traditional food in your city? Can you list some of them?
Beijing Duck Yunnan Rice Noodles
3a Read the recipe below and fill in the blanks with the words in the box. 写作指导： 首先，掌握方框中单词的含义；并阅读短 文，整体把握短文大意。 其次，分析有空格的每个句子，根据上下 文意及固定搭配来确定空格处的意 思，从而确定空格处所用的单词。 最后，再通读一遍短文，检查是否正确。
next wash enjoy first
Yunnan Rice Noodles In Yunnan, many people eat rice noodles for breakfast, and even for lunch and dinner. To make this special food, you need to ______ rice noodles, chicken soup, chicken, lettuce and eggs. (Of course, you can also have other things like fish and different vegetables.)
________, ________ the lettuce and cut it
up. ______, ______ the chicken into pieces.
Then, make the chicken soup very hot, over
100°C. Then, _______ the eggs, meat and lettuce in the pot of hot soup, one by one. _______, put the rice noodles into the soup. Now, it’s time to _______ the rice noodles!
1. have; 由括号中的句子“Of course, you can also have other things… 当然你可 也可以准备其他的东西??”，可知空 格处应为have一词。 2. First; 通过读下文及关键词then，可知 下面是在叙述制作云南米线的过程。 这是第一步。 3. wash；句意“将生菜洗净并切碎。” 4. Next；读文可知，在第一步完成后，
5. cut; 句意“将鸡肉切成碎片。” 6. put; 由后面的介词in，可知这是put…in 词组。句意“将鸡蛋、肉及生菜等逐个 放入热汤中”。 7. Finally；读短文可知这是制作的最后一 个步骤，故应填finally一词。句意“最 后，将米线放入汤中” 8. enjoy；句意“现在是该享受米线的时
3b Think of a favorite food in your hometown. Make a list of ingredients.
For example: Beijing Duck ? pieces of ducks ? sauce and green onion
? some lettuce ? some pancakes
3c Write a recipe for your favorite food. Use 3a and 3b to help you.
We need to pour the water into the grass ____ (one). first 2. ______ (final) she found her book under Finally the bed. 3. I need two ________ (tomato) to make tomatoes salad.
4. In cities there are a lot of cake shops. You can buy bread, __________ sandwiches (sandwich) and so on.
二、根据汉语提示填词。 1. Is it a traditional (传统的) food in _________ China? 2. He cut some pieces (片) of meat and _____ gave them to the boy. 3. How many turkeys (火鸡) can you _______ see over there? 4. He doesn’t eat ______ (洋葱) and onions ______ lettuce (生菜).
想一想，你在家里最喜欢吃的一道 菜。了解一下它的做法，用英语将 做这个菜所需的材料以及简单的过 程用英语描述出来。