16. Jack usually takes ______ walk for half an hour after work.
A. a B. an C. the D. 不填
17. Linda was born ______ July 2, and my birthday is also ______ that month.
A. in, on B. in, at C. on, in D. on, at
18. The _______ shoes were very dirty, so I asked them to take them off before they went into ______ house.
A. boys’; John’s B. boys’; Johns’ C. boy’s; Johns’ D. boy’s; John’s
19. What a surprise! It’s ______ time I’ve met the beautiful girl this week.
A. three B. third C. the three D. the third
20. —Would you like to go bike riding with us tomorrow?
—Sure, ______ I am busy.
A. unless B. since C. when D. until
21. —The coffee is good, Kathy.
—Sure, Simon. It’ll taste much ______ if you drink it with some milk.
A. good B. well C. better D. best
22. —Which hat would you like, the blue one or the red one?
— ______. I prefer the yellow one.
A. Either B. Neither C. Both D. All
23. He ______ his teachers before he went to work in a faraway place.
A. put on B. turned on C. looked on D. called on
24. Why not join an English club to practice ______ English, Joe?
A. to speak B. speaking C. speak D. spoke
25. —Can I wear the dress to school, Mum?
—No, you can’t. You ______ wear the school uniform, or your teacher will be angry.
A. might B. must C. will D. can
26. Dr. Smith ______ London. He will come back in a month.
A. went to B. has gone to C. has been to D. goes to
27. —Julia, will you please go and move that desk?
A. How is it? B. How much?
C. What for? D. What is it?
28. Ann’s wedding is coming. Many friends ______ to her wedding party this Sunday.
A. invite B. will invite C. were invited D. will be invited
29. Now the hottest topic ______ people are talking about is the safety of food.
A. that B. who C. when D. where
30. We’ve decided to offer her some money, but we’re not sure ______ she’ll accept it.
A. why B. what C. whether D. which 16-20 ACADA 21-25 CBDBB 26-30 BCDAC
One day, a poor boy was selling goods door to door to pay for school. He was 31 so he decided to beg (乞讨) for a meal at the next house.
However, he 32 his mind when a lovely young woman opened the door. Instead of a meal he
33 for a drink of water. She thought he looked hungry so she 34 him a large glass of 35 . He drank it slowly, and then asked, “How much do I owe (欠) you?” “You don’t owe me anything,” she 36 . “Mother has taught me 37 to accept pay for a kindness.” The boy was greatly 38 and left.
Years later the young woman became badly ill and had to be sent to a 39 in a big city, where Dr. Howard Kelly was 40 . He recognized (认出) her at once and made up his mind to do his best to
41 her life. From that day on, he gave special attention to her illness. After a long time, the woman got 42 . When the bill (账单) was sent to her room, she was
43 to open it 44 it might take the rest of her life to pay it off. After a long time she looked, and some 45 on the side of the bill caught her attention. Paid in full with a glass of milk.
Dr. Howard Kelly
Tears of joy ran down her face.
31. A. hungry B. thirsty C. tired D. bored
32. A. lost B. closed C. drew D. changed
33. A. looked B. asked C. worked D. paid
34. A. lent B. sold C. brought D. fed
35. A. tea B. milk C. coffee D. water
36. A. replied B. added C. questioned D. ordered
37. A. often B. always C. never D. seldom
38. A. excited B. surprised C. disappointed D. moved
39. A. school B. church C. market D. hospital
40. A. studying B. working C. living D. staying
41. A. save B. give C. find D. spend
42. A. fat B. happy C. well D. pretty
43. A. eager B. afraid C. lucky D. glad
44. A. because B. while C. although D. since
45. A. letters B. numbers C. words D. pictures
31-35 ADBCB 36-40 ACDDB 41-45 ACBAC
The story goes that some time ago, a man punished (惩罚) his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll (卷) of gold paper. The family was not rich and he became angry when the child tried to decorate (装饰) a box to put under the Christmas tree. However, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, “This is for you, Daddy.”
The man felt sorry for what he had done the day before, but felt angry again when he found out the box was empty. He shouted at her, “Don’t you know, when you give someone a present, there should be something inside?” The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and cried, “Oh, Daddy, it’s not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box. They’re all for you, Daddy.”
The father was shocked. He put his arms around his little girl and said sorry again and again.
Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child. It is also told that her father kept that gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he felt unhappy, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.
A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep
pit (坑). When the other frogs saw how 71 the pit was, they told the two frogs that they would die. The two frogs didn’t listen to them and tried to jump up out of the pit 72 all their strength. The other frogs kept
73 them to stop, that they were sure to die. 74 , one of the frogs believed what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down and 75 . The 76 frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs shouted at him 77 stop the pain and just die. He jumped even 78 and finally made it out.
79 he got out, the other frogs said, “Did you not hear us?” The frog explained to them that he was
80 . He thought they were encouraging him all the time.
71. deep 72. with 73.
telling 74. Finally 75. died
76. other 77. to 78.
harder 79. When 80. deaf
My Ideal Life of Senior High School
I’m dreaming of a colourful senior high school life, busy but pleasant. In senior high school, I’ll listen to the teacher carefully and answer questions actively in class. I’ll join in a club to take part in
after-class activities, such as singing and playing basketball. During holidays, I’ll try to do more housework and go for a travel if my parents agree. I’d like my senior high school teachers to be rich in knowledge, humorous and strict with us. My classmates should be kind and helpful and I want to make friends with them.
1. Her grandma used to raise lots of ________ to make a living on the farm.
A. duck B. horse C. bird D. sheep
2. --Excuse me, I want to have my watch repaired, but I can’t find a repair shop.
--I know _______ nearby. Come on, I’ll show you.
A. one B. it C. some D. that
3. --I never thought Mary would _______ my invitation to the concert. --What a pity! She would feel sorry for missing the concert some day.
A. remind B. suppose C. accept D. refuse
4. Mary enjoys listening to English songs ________ the night. She took part in a concert ________ the night of last Sunday.
A. at; at B. in; on C. in; in D. at; on
5. --Tom, how far is your family from your school? -- It’s about twenty ________ walk.
A. minute’s B. minute
minutes C. minutes’ D.
6. In the scene(场景), Lin’s character was trying to save her kidnapped (被绑架的) mother, ________ the report.
A. as for
according to B. thanks to C. instead of D.
7. --What do you think of the traffic accidents?
--I think many accidents ________ by careless drivers.
A. are caused
cause B. were caused C. have caused D. will
8. Liu Yang and I are classmates. I feel really ________ when she has become the first woman astronaut in China.
A. brave B. proud C. successful D. strong
9. I really enjoyed the lecture from the famous professor, ________ there were some parts I didn’t quite understand.
A. because B. unless C. though D. After
10. --Are you satisfied with the result of 2012 London Olympic Games? --Sure. Many surprises! Sun Yang and Ye Shiwen are regarded as the ________ athletes .
A. greatest Chinese swimming B. greatest swimming Chinese