主备人： 备课时间：2014年 月 日
Unit 5 Why do you like pandas?
Period 1（Section A 1a-1c）
Ⅰ.Teaching Aims and Demands
1. Knowledge Objects
Key vocabulary：zoo,animal,tiger,giraffe ,lion,elephant, panda,koala, cute,smart,beautiful,lazy
Target language: Why do you like koalas? Because they are cute. Read and write a description of an animal.
2. Ability Object
Train students’ listening, speaking, reading, writing skills. Train students’ communicative competence.
Improve students’ spoken English..
3. Moral Object : Love all kinds of animals.
Ⅱ.Teaching Key Points Key vocabulary
Target language Read and write a description of an animal.
Why questions Write descriptions about animals.
Group work Listening and practicing methods; Task-based Teaching method
Ⅴ.Teaching Aids A computer
Step One .Lead-in
To create an English environment, the teacher shows the class some pictures of a zoo. And ask some questions about animals: Do you like to go to the zoo? Do you like animals?
Then have them to recall the animals they had learned and write them on the blackboard as he/she can.
Step Two. Presentation
1. Ask them to talk with their partners about the animals they like using the words they know (Four students a group). —What animals do you like?—Why do you like…—Because they’re…
2. Then show the class some pictures of animals and present other animals. And ask them:
What’s this in English? It's a tiger. (Then lion, panda, elephant, koala, giraffe)
Ss look at the picture and try to remember the new words of the animals.
3. Next, glue the pictures on the blackboard and ask one student to match the pictures with the words on the cards. Other students turn to page 25 and finish 1a. 4. Check the answers with the class.
Step Three.: Game (Guessing game.) T: Show some pictures on the big screen. Let Ss guess what animal it is.
Ss try to guess and remember the names of the animals.
Step Four: Listening Work on 1b.
Tell Ss to listen to the tape and check the animals they hear in 1a.
Play the recording again and check the answers with the class.
Step Five: Pair work
1. Ask the students to imagine ― We are in the zoo, there are many kinds of animals here.‖
Then ask a student to do the model with you:
— Let’s see the lions first.—Why? (why do you /does she /does he like lions?)—Because they are interesting.
2. Ss work with their partners practice the conversation using the animal in 1a.
Step Six. Homework
1. Remember the new words and expressions.
1 / 6
Period 2（Section A: 2a-2d）
1. Knowledge Objects
① Know new words of animals and describe animals. ② Learn the usage of ―why‖ questions.
(2) Key Vocabulary: tiger, elephant, koalas, panda, lion, giraffe, cute, lazy, smart, beautiful, scary, kind, kind of, Australia, south, Africa, pet, leg, cat, sleep, zoo, animal
(3) Target Language: ① –Let’s see the lions.
--Why do you like them? --Because they’re interesting.
② –Why don’t you like the cat?
--Well, because she’s kind of boring. She sleeps all day, and her name is lazy.
--Haha, then that’s a good name for her.
(4) Structure: Why/What/Where questions. Because…
Adjectives of quality. 2. Ability Objects
To train students’ listening and speaking skills. 3. Moral Objects
To raise interest of knowing about different kinds of animals and love and protect them.
Teaching Key Points
1. Key vocabulary in this period. 2. Target language in this period. Teaching Difficult Points
1. How to improve students’ listening ability. 2. Make conversations using the key structures. 3. How to remember words well.
Make conversations freely using the target language. Teaching Aids
1. A tape recorder.
2. A computer for multimedia use. Teaching Procedures Step One .Lead-in
1. Greet the Ss as usual.
2. Check the homework
Step Two. Listening
1. Work on 2a;
T: Listen to the conversation carefully. Then write the names of the animals you hear on these lines.Play the recording the first time. Students only listen.Play the recording a second time. This time students write in the names of the animals. Check the answers.
Point out the adjectives and countries listed on the right. Ask a student to say the words.
Say, Now I will play the recording again. This time draw a line between each animal and the adjective and countries you hear. Play the recording and have students match each animal with an adjective and a country.
Correct the answers.
2. Work on 2b
T: Listen again and complete the conversation with the words in 2a.
Play the recording for the Ss to listen and write the answers.
Check the answers with the class.
3. Check the answers:
Step Three. Pair work
2 / 6