1. ---I just had ________ cup of milk for ________ breakfast.
---That’s not enough.
A. a; a; B. the; the C. a; / D. /; a
2. ---Excuse me. I want to buy some milk. Where can I find a supermarket?
---Oh, I know ________ not far from my home.
A. it B. that C. one D. a
3. ---Why did you leave your city last year?
---Because I ________a new job in another city.
A. offered B. am offered C. was offered D. was offering
4. ---________ do you want ________for a party ?
---Let’s ask Peter for advice. He knows all the parks in this city .
A. What; to buy B. Where; to go C. How; to start D. Which; to do
5. We don’t have enough nurses to look after the patients. at least________ are needed .
A. ten another nurses B. more ten nurses
C. other ten nurses D. another ten nurses
6. Don’t forget to________ “Thank you” when someone opens the door for you .
A. tell B. say C. speak D. talk
7. ---What would you send to your sister as the Christmas gift ?
---I haven’t decided yet. I ________ send her a handbag.
A. shall B. may C. must D. could
8. ---I thought you had________ English.
---No. It has been useful in my work.
A. studied B. dropped C. failed D. passed
9. ---Which of the two T-shirts will you take ?
---I’ll take ________, one for my brother , the other for myself .
A. either B. neither C. all D. both
10. ---Do you know________ the man with sunglasses is?
---I’m not sure . Maybe a reporter .
A. who B. what C. where D. how
11. ---What time will Mr. Brown be back to China?
---Sorry, I don’t know ________.
A. when did he go abroad B. why he is going abroad
C. how soon will he be back D. how long he will stay abroad
12. ---Susan has bought a large house with a swimming pool .
---It________ be very expensive . I never even dream about it .
A. must B. might C. can’t D. shouldn’t
初三年级 英语 第1页 共6页
13. .---How about this dishes? ---Fantastic ! Nothing tastes________.
A. nice B. better C. terrible D. worse
14. ---Shall we go shopping now?
---Sorry, It’s not the right ________ . I’m too tired .
A. way B. weather C. place D. moment
15. ---Hi , Sunny, Your new flat is so nice !
A. don’t mention it B. my pleasure C. help yourself D. make yourself at home
A sad little boy was in search of happiness and wanted to meet God(上帝). On his way, he saw her. He opened She accepted it and smiled at him. Her Then he offered her a can of coke. Once again she smiled at him. The boy was pleased!
They there all afternoon, eating and smiling without saying a word. it began to grow dark, the boy got up to leave, but before he had gone no more than a few steps, he turned around, ran to the old woman and gave her a big hug( 拥抱). She gave him her biggest smile ever.
When the boy arrived home, his mother was by the look of joy on his face. She asked, "What has made you so happy today?" He I had lunch with God. She's got the most
beautiful smile in the world!" And when the old woman returned to her home, she told her son that she had lunch with God.
Too often we overlook(忽视) the of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, or the smallest act of caring. However, all of these have the possible power to turn a life around.
16. A. playing B. sitting C. walking D. smiling
17. A. in front of B. away from C. behind D. next to
18. A. thirsty B. happy C. hungry D. angry
19. A. smile B. performance C. face D. appearance
20. A. talked B. stood C. walked D. stayed
21. A. As B. Although C. Unless D. While
22. A. away B. back C. down D. off
23. A. shocked B. encouraged C. excited D. surprised
24. A. added B. cried C. replied D. thought
25. A. ability B. result C. power D. purpose
Have you ever wondered where these nice little Teddy Bears came from? They were named for President Roosevelt（罗斯福） in 1902. When President Roosevelt was on a hunting trip in
初三年级 英语 第2页 共6页
Mississippi(密西西比河) with others, one person caught a black bear and tied it up to a tree. President Roosevelt was asked to shoot the bear, but the president refused to do so and said it was nothing great to shoot a tied-up animal.
Then there was a picture and an article in the next day’s Washington Post which showed the president refusing to shoot the bear. People all over America saw the picture. Morris Michtom, a shopkeeper in New York put two toy bears made by his wife in the window of his shop. The president allowed MR Michtom to call them “Teddy Bears”. Children everywhere liked the sweet little bears with bright eyes. Soon MR Michtom started a factory to make Teddy Bears, and he made a lot of money.
Today, children all over the world still like Teddy Bear toys very much. They are also collected by people and many are on show in museums. Teddy Bears are sold in almost every toy shop.
26. In this passage, Washington Post is the name of a _____________.
A. place B. newspaper C. bear D. a person’s name
27. What did Mr Michtom do after they made the Teddy Bears in 1902?
A. Moved to Mississippi. B. Started a toy factory.
C. Worked for a newspaper. D. Became Presidents
28. Choose the best title for this passage.
A. President Roosevelt B. Mr and Mrs Michom
C. Teddy Bears in Museums. D. A History of the Teddy Bears.
The town of Pressure(压力) and the town of Pleasure were neighbours but had nothing in common. People living there built walls to keep out influence（影响） from the other town.
In the town of Pressure, everyone wanted to be the best. When a baby was born, they would compete(比赛) which baby had the loudest cry. People were always busy making money with no time to relax. Some young people couldn’t bear(忍受) the life and started to drink or take drugs(毒品).
In the town of Pleasure, people grew up without pressure and could do anything they liked. Children played computer games day and night. At school, teachers didn’t care whether students came or not. Workers might sit around the office all day long drinking coffee and doing nothing because of the lack(缺少) of rules, nobody worried about losing their jobs. The computers they used were old ones from the town of the Pressure. Some of the young were interested in drugs because of the emptiness of their lives.
Then, one day, they pulled down the walls between them and built a road to connect the two.
29. People in the town of Pleasure thought the most important thing was ________.
A. rules B. jobs C. competition D. happiness
30. People in the town of Pressure should learn to ___________.
A. make plans B. put rules away
C. enjoy themselves D. he happy with what they had
初三年级 英语 第3页 共6页