5. Where did Tom go yesterday evening?
A.He went to the city theater.
B.He went to the cinema.
C.He had the piano lesson.
6. What did the people raised money for?
A.For the poor people in Sichuan.
B.For the students who have piano lessons.
C.For the people who love music
7. Where do the woman’s grandparents live?
A.In a city B.In a town
8. What’s on the farm?
A.Many orange trees B.Many apple trees 请听一段对话，完成第9-10小题。
9. Who is calling Mr. Brown?
A.A milk man B.A postman
10. Where does Mr. Brown live?
A.In Apartment 309, Building 8.
B.In Apartment 903, Building 8.
C.In Apartment 390, Building 8.
11. What is the good news?
A.There is a new year’s party.
B.There is an English party.
C.There is a Christmas party.
12. When is it?
A.On Saturday evening.
B.On Saturday morning.
C.On Friday evening
13. Why isn’t Bob going to go?
A.He doesn’t like party.
B.He has a piano lesson.
C.He has a Chinese lesson
14. Where does Tony come from?
15. When will Daming get to the airport?
A.At about 2:00 on Sunday afternoon.
B.At about 3:00 on Sunday afternoon.
C.At about 5:00 on Sunday afternoon.
16. What color is Daming’s T-shirt?
A.Blue B.Red C.In a village C.Many pear trees C.A policeman C.England C.Yellow
17. Billy didn’t get up very ______ every morning.
18. Billy and his father went to the great man for ______.
19. At first, the great man liked sleeping ______.
20. The father was very ______ to find that Billy got up early soon.
21. -You don’t look happy._____________?
-I have a headache.
A.How are you B.What’s the matter?
C.What are you doing? D.What about you?
22. I couldn’t do it __________ your great help. Thanks a lot!
A.with B.without C.for D.to
23. -Jim, please help _________ to some bread.
A.himself B.yourself C.herself D.myself
24. -Could you tell me ________?
-He rides his bike.
A.how does he go to work B.how he goes to work
C.what does he do D.where he goes
25. -You study _______ hard _______ you’re sure to pass the exam.
-Thank you for saying so.
A.enough; to B.as; as C.so; that D.such; that
26. We were _________ in the _________ story.
A.interested; interesting B.interesting; interested
C.interested; interested D.interesting; interesting
27.T his is one of ________ about sports.
A. the important thing B.important thing
C.the important things D.more important thing
28. -Would you like to help clean up the school yard?
-___________. But I’m busy now.
A.No, thanks B.Yes, please C.Yes, I’d like to D.No, I wouldn’t
29. He ___________ go out with his parents, but now he ___________ staying at home alone.
A.used to; is used to B.is used to; used to
C.use to; is used to D.is used to; use to
30. -Why do you collect so many old bikes?
- I’ll have them _________ and give away to the children who don’t have bikes.
A.used up B.given up C.fixed up D.cheer up
31. The woman _______ all of her money to charities ________ the poor.
A.gave off; to help B.gave up;helping
C.gave away; to help D.gave; helping
32. It’s full of rubbish. Could you __________
A.take out them B.take them out C.take out it D.take it out
33. -I’m not going swimming tomorrow afternoon.
-___________. I have to clean up my bedroom.
A.So am I B.Neither am I C.Neither I am D.So I am
34. -Could I _______ five dollars from you?
-I will _______ my money to you if I have.
A.borrow; give B.give lend C.send; borrow D.borrow; lend
35. He needs ________ his room.
A.to clean B.cleaning C.cleans D.clean
36. He spent 10 dollars _________ the shirt.
A.on B.in C.to D.of
37. Nick, would you mind ____________ those old jeans? They look terrible.
A. not to wear B.not wear C.wearing not D.not wearing
38. Thank your for _________ me _________ your birthday party.
A.inviting; on B.invitation; on C.invited; for D.inviting; to
39. Dear students, please read every sentence carefully. The more __________ your are, the ___________ mistakes you’ll make.
A.carefully; fewer B.careful; less C.careful; fewer D.carefully; less
40. My parents are out. I have to __________ my baby sister.
A.look at B.look out C.look for D.look after
Jim is four years now. He likes to ___41.___ TV. He always thinks the ____42.___ men are afraid of the policemen. So he often asks his father to tell him the ___43.___ about the policemen when he’s free.
It was a sunny day yesterday. Jim felt ___44.___ in the room. He went to the ___45.___ with some children and they swam in it. Suddenly it began to ___46.___. His clothes were all wet when he ran home. So he was ____47.___this morning and his mother took him to a hospital. The doctor looked him over and then his mother ___48.___ some medicines for him. He thought they were bitter (苦的) and did not ___49.___ to take them. His mother frightened him and said,”I’ll call a policeman here ___50.___you don’t take them!”
Hearing this, the boy said,”Does a policeman like to take medicines, mummy?”
41. A.read B.watch C.listen to D.hear
42. A.good B.young C.old D.bad
43. A.reports B.classes C.stories D.books
44. A.hot B.cold C.warm D.cool
45. A.school B.park C.river D.zoo
46. A.rain B.below C.snow D.shine
47. A.fine B.well C.healthy D.ill
48. A.borrowed B.bought C.sold D.made
49. A.want B.ask C.enjoy D.keep
50. A.when B.after C.before D.if
John is twelve years old. He had a bad cold and coughed (咳嗽) day and night. He
51. John should take _________ a day.
A. 1 teaspoonfuls B. 2 teaspoonfuls
C. 3 teaspoonfuls D. 4 teaspoonful
52. The medicine should be kept in _________.
A. a fridge B. hot water C. any place D. the sun
53. John will _________ the medicine when it is left after Dec. 1st, 2006.
A. throw away B. stop to take C. take once D. take six times more
A man wen to see a doctor.
“Open your mouth,” the doctor said.
The man opened his mouth and the doctor looked in quickly.
“It’s clear what’s wrong with you. You need more exercises,” the doctor said. “But doctor,”the man said,“I don’t think...”
“Don’t tell me what you think,” the doctor said,”I am the doctor, not you. I know what you need. I see hundreds of people like you. None of them gets any exercise. They sit in offices all day and in front of the television in the evening. What you need is to walk quickly for at least 20 minutes a day.”
“Doctor, you don’t understand,” the man said,”I...”
“I don’t want to hear any excuses,” the doctor said. “You must find time for exercise. If you don’t, you will get fat and have health problems when you are older.” “But I walk every day,” the man said.
“Oh, yes, and I know what kind of walking that is. You walk a few feet to the train station from your house, a few more feet from the station to your office, and a few more feet from your office to a restaurant for lunch . That’s not real walking. I’m talking about a walk in the park for twenty minutes every day.”
“Will you listen to me, doctor!” the man shouted, getting angry with this doctor who thought he knew everything.
“I.m a postman,” the man went on,”and I walk for seven hours every day!”
54.The post man went to see the doctor because __________.
A.he was too fat and could not walk quickly
B.he thought he was ill
C.something was wrong with his foot
D.there was something wrong with his teeth
55.Why didn’t the doctor listen to the man?
A.The postman spoke to him like a doctor
B.He really wanted to help the postman
C.He thought he knew the man’s problem
D.The man was slow in speaking
56. The doctor thought many people had health problems only because they ________.
A.did not have enough exercise
B.did not have walking
C.spend much time watching TV
D.were working in offices
57.Which of the following is True?
A.The postman went to see the doctor on foot.
B.The doctor had a walk in a park every day
C.The postman lived near a train station
D.The postman sent letters on foot.
As a volunteer teacher, I traveled a long way to a small village school in Longzhou, Guangxi. On my way there, I thought about the village, the school, and the children there. However, I felt sad when I arrived there. It wasn't what I expected. It didn't look like a school at all! The school had only three rooms, one for Grades 1, 2 and 3, and another one for Grades 4, 5 and 6. There was a third one for me.
The children welcomed me warmly on my first day. They asked me a lot of questions, and I told them stories about myself and my life in Shanghai. The next day, I gave them a test to find out their level. Though the test was very easy, over half of the students failed it, yet they all wanted to learn new things. I knew they needed me. I was busy preparing lessons, reading test papers every night. I enjoyed teaching these lovely and hardworking children, and I could see that they were making progress with my help. I have also learned a lot from them. I understand their lives better, and we are now good friends.
I have worked in Longzhou for a year now. I’m very happy, and the experience has been very useful for me. I love the small village school and the children. In fact, I would like to continue working here.
58. From the first paragraph, we know the school is very _________.
A. beautiful B. big C. interesting D. small
59. There are _________ grades in the school.
A. 2 B. 4 C. 5 D. 6
60. The writer came from _________.
A. Longzhou B. Guangxi C. Shanghai D. Beijing
61. According to the passage, the writer _________.
A. was sorry for the poor school B. worked hard to teach the children
C. didn't want to work in the school D. left the school in a short time
Do teenagers in small villages do chores at home? How about the teenagers in the big cities? We make a survey last month. We asked 4,000 teenagers in China several questions. Half of them come from big cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. The others are from small villages. We made a diagram of the result of our survey. Let’s have a look at it.
We found out that teenagers in small villages do more chores than those in big cities. Maybe it is because they live a harder life. Our advice to parents in big cities is that parents should give their children some chores to do. Doing chores teaches teenagers to take care of themselves.
62. They asked ________teenagers from small villages.
A. 1,000 B. 2,000 C. 4,000 D. 3,000
63. Fewer than 1,500 teenagers______ do the dishes and fold the clothes.
A. in small villages B. in New York
C. in big cities D. in some towns
64. The number of teenagers in big cities is bigger than that in small villages only in________.
A. taking out the trash B. making the bed
C. folding the clothes D. doing the dishes
65. Why did they make the survey?
A. Because they don’t want to ask teenagers in China to do chores at home.
B. Because they thought it could not help teenagers to take good care of themselves.
C. Because they wanted to know if teenagers in China do chores at home.
D. Because they thought it’s not necessary for teenagers to look after themselves.
67. What does “The Zoo” mean?
68. Mr Turner can both listen to a concert and watch a ball game on Saturday, can’t he?
Tom: Hi! Alice, you look sad. _____69._____
Alice: I failed the English exam.
Tom: ____70._____. But you don’t need to worry about it all the time.
Alice: I really don’t know how to study English well. _____71.______
Tom: I think you’d better study with a group.
Alice: Oh, that’s a good idea. _____72._______
Tom: Certainly. And we can learn from each other.
Alice: Sounds good. When can I join you?
Alice: That’s very kind of you.
74. 75. I wish I could ________ with you.
76. She ________ more drinks and snacks. Could you buy some?
77. I don’t like ________ the dishes because it’s boring.
78. I’m going to ________ on my computer.
79. I could help you to learn English well. (改为一般疑问句)
________ you _______ me to learn English well?
80. He got up early in order to catch the early bus. (改为同义句)
He got up early _______ _______ he could catch the early bus.
I am ________ ________ the news that I have succeed.
_______ _______ you like to do the dishes?
Zhang Fan is my good friend. I got a message from him this morning. He said he would return home the next week.
Zhang Fan ___83.___ born in a poor family in my village. After finishing middle school, he made a ___84.___ to make our village better. He began to work. He did ___85.___ kinds of jobs, such as driving cars, building bridges and selling clothes. He was lucky. He met many people. They tried their ___86.___ to help him. Now Zhang Fan has his own company in Shanghai and he ___87.___ lots of money every year. In his message, he said that he would build a new road and a nice school for our ___88.___. I hope his dream will come ___89.___ soon. I look ___90.___ to meeting him then. How happy it will be to meet my good friend.
83.__________ 84.__________ 85.__________ 86.__________
87.__________ 88.__________ 89.__________ 90.__________