Don’t eat in class.
Language goal: Talk about rules
1. Don’t arrive late for class. You must be on time. 2. Don’t run in the hallways. 3. Don’t eat in the classroom. You must eat in the dining hall. 4. Don’t listen to music in class. 5. Don’t fight.
What can you do at school? What can’t you do at school?
情态动词can表许可， 意为“可以”。 can't“不可以”
Activity 2a 1. ___ listen to music in the classroom or hallways 2. ___ listen to music in the music room 3. ___ listen to music outside 4. ___ eat in the classroom 5. ___ eat in the dining hall 6. ___ eat outside 7. ___ wear a hat 8. ___ fight
we can't ......,but we can.....
can can’t can can’t can can can can can can can’t can’t can’t can’t can’t can’t
Can we …? Yes, we can. No, we can’t.
? eat in class ? listen to music outside ? wear hats at school ? fight in class ? talk in the library
2d.Role-play the conversation. John: Hi, my name’s John. It’s my first day at school. Alice: Hi, John. I’m Alice. This is a great school, but there are a lot of rules. John: Really? What are some of the rules? Alice: Well, don’t be late for class. This is very important. John: OK, so we must be on time. Can we bring music players to school? Alice: No, we can’t. And we always have to wear the school uniform. John: I see. Alice: Oh, and we also have to be quiet in the library.
5. 情态动词have to 的用法: “必须、不得不”,它侧重于客观上 的必要和被动。有人称和数的变化
1) 结构:主语＋have to＋动词原形＋其他
(主语是第三人称单数时, 用has to) 如：
我们每天必须穿校服 We have to wear school uniforms every day. 汤姆每天必须练习弹吉它。 Tom has to practice the guitar every day.
2) 否定形式:主语＋don’t/doesn’t have to＋动词 原形＋其他。如: 尼克不必戴帽子。
Nick doesn’t have to wear a hat.
We don’t have to do our homework today.
3) 疑问句: Do (Does) ＋主语＋have to ＋动词 原形＋其他 如： 你必须在餐厅吃饭吗? Do you have to eat in the dining hall? Yes, I do. / No, I don’t. 他必须打扫房间吗？ Does he have to clean his room? Yes, he does. / No, he doesn't.
Grammar Focus Don't run in the hallways. Don't fight.
What are the rules?
We must be on time for class.
No, we can't, but we can eat Can we eat in the classroom? in the dining hall. Can we wear a hat in class? Does he have to wear a uniform at school? What do you have to do? Yes, we can./ No, we can't. Yes, he does./ No, he doesn't. We have to be quiet in the library.
1. Paul has to eat outside. (改为一般疑问句) Does Paulhave to _____ _____ ___ eat outside? 2. They can wear hats in the hall. (改为一般疑问句) _____ _____ hats in the hall? Can they wear 3. The students have to wear the school uniforms. (对划线