A. 听对话回答问题 (共10 小题；每小题1分；计 10分)
1. What will the weather be like tomorrow?
2. What’s the time?
A. B. C.
3. What sign do they mean?
A. B. C.
4. What animals are they talking about?
A. B. C.
5. How does the woman get the new shoes?
A. She buys them in a shop. B. Her aunt gives them to her.
C. She gets them from England.
6. Why does the woman hate traveling by air?
A. Because she thinks the trip is too tiring. B. Because she likes travelling very much.
C. Because she doesn’t like the plane.
7. How does the woman feel?
A. Angry B. Happy C. Surprised
8. Where are they talking?
A. At a cinema. B. At a bus stop. C. In a shop.
9. What does Mrs. Lee look like?
A. She is tall with short hair. B. She is short with short hair.
C. She is short with long hair.
10. What does the man want to do?
A. He wants to live in the new house. B. He wants to sell the house.
C. He wants to show the woman his house.
11. What will Betty do this evening?
A. Go to a party. B. Stay at home. C. Have a birthday party.
12. What time should Betty be back?
A. At 10:00 p.m. B. At 10:30 p.m. C. Before 11:00 p.m. 听下面一段对话，回答第13～第15题。
13. Where is Mary now ?
A. At home. B. In the park. C. At the bus stop.
14. What does Mary like doing ?
A. Walking in the street. B. Walking in the park. C. Standing in the wind.
15. When does the conversation most probably take place ?
A. Early in the morning. B. Late in the morning. C. Late in the afternoon.
16. The parents worry(担心) that there are a lot of bad programmes (节目)________.
A. in films B. on the Internet C. on TV
17. According to the listening, many students wear glasses because they ________.
A. study too hard B. read many books C. watch too much TV
18. According to the listening, which of the following is true?
A. The writer’s children have the same idea with their parents.
B. Reading books can make children think more.
C. There are a lot of good programmes for children on TV.
19. At last , the parents decide(决定) to ________.
A. sell the television set B. write more books C. buy a pair of glasses
20. This passage is ________.
A. an interesting story B. a news report on TV C. about parents’ idea
21. She likes reading ________ stories and playing ________ violin.
A. the, / B. / , a C. / , the D. a , /
22. ________ the hospital, turn right when you come to the first crossing.
A. Get B. Arrive C. To get D. To get to
23. They feel very tired, so they stop________ a break.
A. having B. to have C. have D. has
24. The shop is ________ from Monday to Friday. It’s ________ at weekends
A. opens; closed B. open; close C. open; closed D opened; close
25. The city of Nanjing is 100 minutes ________ by bus ________ the city of Yangzhou.
A away; from B far; from C away; to D far; to
26. Do you know Qinghai is ________ of China?
A. western B. west C. to the west D. in the west
27. I don’t like this shirt. Could you show me ________ one?
A. the other B. other C. another D. the others
28. He is ________ man and he lives ________ .
A. a 80-year-old. by him B. an 80-year-old , by him
C. a 80-year-old,by himself D. an 80-year-old , by himself
29. We read 10,206 like this: ________.
A. one thousand, two hundred and six B. one thousand, two hundreds and six
C. ten thousand, two hundred and six D. ten thousands, two hundreds and six
30. I like the book ________ pictures ________ it.
A. has; on B. have; on C. with; on D. with; in
31. All the students are ______ at the ______ news.
A. surprised; surprising B. surprised; surprised
C. surprising; surprising D. surprising; surprised
32. There is usually ________ in summer in Yangzhou, it helps crops(庄稼) grow well.
A. rainy B. raining C. rains D. rain
33. You ________ to the meeting this Saturday if you are busy.
A. needn’t to come B. don’t need come
C. don’t need to come D. needn’t coming
34. ---Can I get you a cup of orange?
A. It’s nice of you B. With pleasure
C. Thank you for it D. You can, please
35. --- Don’t be late for class again, Tommy.
--- Sorry, I ________.
A don’t B am not C didn’t D won’t
We can see walls everywhere in the world. But The Great Wall of China is the __36__ of all. The Chinese call __37__ “The Ten-Thousand-Li Great Wall.” It goes from west to east, __38__ mountains, through valleys(山谷) and finally reaches the sea. The Great Wall is more than 6,000 kilometres __39__, 6~7 metres high and 4~5 metres wide. In some places it is wide enough for five horses or ten men __40__ side by side along the top.
The Great Wall has a history of over two thousand years. People begin to build the wall in the Spring and Autumn Period(春秋时期) in Chinese history. Qin Shihuang lets people join up all the walls. He thinks these walls can __41__ the enemy（敌人）out of the country, __42__ the Great Wall comes to the world.
When you visit the Great Wall, you can’t wait __43__ how the Chinese people could build such a great wall __44__ of years ago(以前) . __45__ any modern things, it is really __46__ to build it. They have to do all the work by hand. __47__ takes millions of men hundreds of years to build it. And almost __48__ of them can live when they finish it. So we often say the Great Wall is made of millions of __49__.
Today, the Great Wall becomes a place of interest not only to the Chinese people, but also to people all over the world. We Chinese people all feel __50__ of it.
36. A. nicest B. highest C. longest D. widest
37. A. it B. its C. they D. them
38. A. across B. from C. through D. over
39. A .long B. longer C. far D. away
40. A. walk B. walks C. of walking D. to walk
41. A. keep B. keeps C. stays D. stay
42. A. than B. then C. tomorrow D. yesterday
43. A. to speak ` B. speaking C. knowing D. to know
44. A. billions B. thousands C. hundreds D. millions
45. A. With B. Without C. Because D. So
46. A. easy ` B. difficult C. interesting D. important
47. A. It B. They C. That D. Chinese
48. A. any B. none C. much D. many
49. A. homes B. lives C. stones D. trees
50. A. afraid B. interested C. tired D. proud (骄傲)
May just moves to Sunshine Town. Read the map below and help her find the way.
51. The museum is ________.
A. on York Street B. beside the pet shop
C. next to the hospital D. between the bookshop and the library
52. The park, a nice place in the town, is ________.
A. south of the cinema B. north of the library
C. south-west of the museum D. north-east of the post office
53. Start from A, walk along Adam Street, turn left at the second crossing, and she will find ______.
A. the park on the left B. the cinema on the right
C. the library on the left D. the bookshop on the right
Mr. White is very busy today. He helps his mother move into a new house. He starts at 3:30 in the afternoon. First he cleans the windows. Then he carries all the heavy furniture (家具) into the
new house. He helps his mother put the curtains (窗帘) up too.
Mr. White is very tired when he gets “home”. It is 9:15 p.m. He can’t find the right key to the front door. The front door is locked. Then he tries the back door, but it is also locked. “I should climb in through the kitchen window,” Mr. White says to himself. He doesn’t want to wake up his wife and children.
But suddenly, a big black dog comes to him from behind. Mr. White is afraid and surprised. He doesn’t own a dog! He is at the wrong house! Soon the police come. “I’m not a thief or a robber,” says Mr. White to the police. “I’m at the wrong house. Please believe me.” What an unlucky poor man Mr. White is!
54. When does Mr. White start to help his mother?
A. At 3:30 a.m. B. At 3:30 p.m. C. At 9:15 a.m. D. At 9:15 p.m.
55. Which of the following sentences is TRUE?
A. He goes to the wrong house.
B. He leaves his key at his mother’s.
C. He likes getting into his room from the window.
D. He loses his key.
56. Whose dog is that?
A. His own. B. His wife’s. C. The house owner’s. D. His mother’s.
57. Mr. White is ________ today.
A. happy B. glad C. lucky D. unlucky
Albert Einstein was one of the greatest scientists of all time but he was also really a great person. When Einstein started to work in America, someone asked him what he needed. He said he needed a desk, some paper and a pencil. He also asked for a big waste-paper(废纸) basket to hold all of his mistakes. This shows that he knew even the cleverest man in the world can only learn by making mistakes. Einstein was very modest（谦虚）. Many children wrote letters to ask him for help with their homework. One day he wrote a letter to a young girl to tell her not to worry about her maths homework because he also thought maths was quite difficult.
Einstein thought time was very important. He never wore socks and he thought putting on socks was a waste of time. If someone could quickly found something in a book, he also thought it was a waste of time remembering them. That's why he never remembered his own phone number. He knew what was worth(值得) remembering.
Einstein liked to joke too. In one exam a student asked him why all the questions were the same as last year's. Einstein said the questions were the same, but the answers were different!
You can see that Einstein was really a great man!
58. Why did Einstein ask for a waste-paper basket?
A. Because he liked to waste a lot of paper.
B. Because he liked the big basket very much.
C. Because he knew he would make some mistakes.
D. Because he had a lot of rubbish to put in the basket.
59. What did Einstein think of maths?
A. Children shouldn't learn maths. B. Maths was easy enough to learn well.
C. It was very difficult to learn maths well. D. Nobody could learn Maths well.
60. Why didn't Einstein wear socks?
A. Because he didn't like wearing socks.
B. Because he had no money to buy any socks.
C. Because it took him a long time to put on socks.
D. Because he thought it was a waste of time to put on socks.
61. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Einstein was not only clever but also modest.
B. Einstein didn’t wear socks because he didn’t feel cold.
C. Einstein didn't know how to answer the student's question.
D. Einstein was the cleverest person in the world, so he never made mistakes.
It is Mother's Day. John is so busy with his work that he can't go back home. When he passes by a flower shop in the evening, an idea comes to his mind, “I'll send Mum some roses (玫瑰).” While John is picking his flowers, a young man comes inside. “How many roses can I get for only five dollars, madam?” he asks. The assistant (店员) is trying to tell him roses are as expensive as forty dollars a dozen (一打). Maybe he can buy some carnations (康乃馨).
“No, I have to have red roses,” he says. “My mum was badly ill last year and I didn't get to spend much time with her. Now I want to get something special, it has to be roses because rose is her favourite.”
After hearing it, John says he would pay the rest of the money for the young man. Moved by both of them, the assistant says, “Well, lovely young men, thirty dollars a dozen, only for you.” Taking the roses, the young man almost jumps into the air and runs out of the shop. Then John pays for his dozen of roses and tells the assistant to send them to his mother.
As he walks out, he feels nice. Suddenly he sees the young man crossing the street and going into a park. But soon John knows it is not a park but a cemetery (墓地). Crying, the young man carefully puts down the roses, “Mum, oh, Mum, why didn't I tell you how much I loved you? God, please help me find my mum and tell her I love her.”
Seeing this, John turns and quickly walks to the shop. He will take the flowers home himself.
62. The assistant tries to ask the young man to buy carnations instead of roses because ________.
A. carnations are nicer than roses
B. roses are saved for John
C. roses are more expensive than carnations
D. carnations are special flowers for Mother's Day
63. The young man cried at the cemetery because he ________.
A. spends all his money on the roses
B. can’t tell his mother he loved her himself
C. feels sorry to ask John to pay for his flowers
D. doesn’t have enough money for his sick mother
64. At last John changes his mind and goes home because he wants to ________.
A. tell his mother he loved her himself
B. ask his mother for more money
C. tell his mother the young man's story
D. ask his mother if (是否) she likes roses
65. The writer writes the passage in order to tell us “________.”
A. Buy roses for your mother when she is ill
B. Let your mother know how much you love her
C. Work hard to get more money for your mother
D .Send your mother flowers on Mother's Day
66. The ________ (nine) lesson is Kitty's favourite in Book Two.
67. All his classmates say the birthday present belongs to ________ (he).
68. There is little traffic in the street, so it isn’t _______ at all. (noise)
69. What's on the ________ (shelf)? There are a lot of books on them.
70. Sandy will write down her ________ (neighbour) names in the notebook.
71. Can you hear a train going ________ (穿过) a tunnel quickly?
72. Do you have a room with twelve showers and ________ (浴缸)?
73. In the modern world most children are living ________ (幸福).
74. He doesn’t study hard. He often ________ (不及格) in his exams.
75. It’s about one ________ (分钟) walk from here to the seaside. 六、任务型阅读（共10空；每空1分，计10分）
Street Markets around the World
There are many ways of shopping. You can shop by telephone, by post or through your home computer, but for many people, the most exciting way to shop is also the most traditional—at a street market. You can find markets anywhere in the world. Here are four of them:
There are many "floating markets" in Asia; perhaps the most unusual is in Thailand, at a place called Damnoen Saduak. It's open from six in the morning to the noon every day. People sell fresh fruit from their boats.
Many Belgians(比利时人) say that the Grand Place is the most beautiful square in the world. It is the home of a colorful flower market. It's open every day except Monday. On Monday, instead of flowers, there's a wonderful bird market!
One of the world's most famous markets is in Mexico City (墨西哥城)—the Sonora Market. You can buy toys, birds, herbs and medicine. There are all kinds of things. It's open every day from early in the morning till late at night.
In England, every weekend, thousands of young people from all over London travel to the Camden Market—it's the place to go for street fashion, CDs and tapes. Many people also go there for fun.
Cinderella is a p___86___ but poor girl. Her stepmother(继母) treats her very badly. She makes her do all of the h___87___ day and night. She doesn’t tell her father about the sad thing because she loves her father and doesn’t want him to w___88___ about her.
One day, a prince (王子) in the country i___89___ all the young girls to his birthday party. But she only has dirty and old c___90___, so she cries and cries. Suddenly a fairy（仙女）comes and helps her go to the party. However, the fairy tells her that she has to come back b___91___ 12 o’clock. During the dancing party, she and the prince dance t___92___ very well.
When the bell rings at 12 o’clock, she goes back home very quickly but l___93___ one glass shoe in the palace. Then the prince takes the glass shoe and asks f___94___ door to door around the country to look for the girl who wears it. F___95___ he finds Cinderella and marries(娶) her. They live a happy life ever after.
假设你叫陈军，昨天收到了笔友David的e-mail，得知他不久要到扬州来旅游。他想先了解扬州的情况。请你用英文给他回复一封e-mail，介绍扬州的吃、住、游、购等情况。 注意：1. 语法正确，意思连贯，书写规范，要点齐全，适当拓展；
I'm glad to hear that you'll come to Yangzhou. ___________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hope to see you soon in Yangzhou.
第II卷(非选择题60分) 五、词汇应用（共10小题；每小题1分，计10分） 根据句子意思, 用括号中所给汉语提示或单词的适当形式填空。(每空一词)
66.____________ 67.___________ 68.___________ 69.___________ 70.____________
71.___________ 72.___________ 73.___________ 74.___________ 75._____________
76.____________ 77.___________ 78.___________ 79.___________ 80.____________
81.___________ 82.___________ 83.___________ 84.___________ 85._____________
86.p___________ 87.h___________ 88.w___________ 89.i___________ 90.c___________
91.b___________ 92.t___________ 93.l___________ 94.f__________ 95.F___________
I'm glad to hear that you'll come to Yangzhou. _________________________________________
Hope to see you soon in Yangzhou.
1-5 BCACB 6-10ACCCB 11-15ACCBC 16-20CCBAC
21-25 CDBCA 26-30DCDCD 31-35ADCAD 36-40CADAD 41-45ABDBB 46-50BABBD
51-55DCCBA 56-60CDCCD 61-65ACBAB
66.ninth 67.him 68.noisy 69.shelves 70.neighbours’ 71.through 72.baths 73.happily 74.fails
75.minute’s 76. Countries 77. Thailand 78.fruit(s) 79.beautiful 80.flowers 81.Tuesday 82.Sunday
83.famous 84.England 85.weekend 86.pretty 87.housework 88.worry 89.invites 90.clothes 91.before
92.together 93.leaves 94.from 95.Finally
96.It is so cloudy/There is much cloud/many clouds ,I think it’s going to snow
97.There is much less water pollution in Yushu than in other areas of Qinghai.
98.He won’t go to bed until his father comes back every night.
99.The police are looking forward to catching three robbers in police uniform at once.
100.Why don’t you/not ask some friends to enjoy fine works of art?
I'm glad to hear that you'll come to Yangzhou.