Lesson 17 What an amazing language English is!
1. native adj. 本国的，出生地的，土著的
1. My native language is Chinese.
2. He tried to make people understand what a great people Native Americans were.
3. He's emigrated to the USA and gone completely native.
2. native language 本族语
1. Karl Marx was born in Germany, and German was his native language.
2. My native language is Chinese.
3. His native language is German.
Answer: native language
3. official language 官方语言
1. A Semitic language that is the official language of Ethiopia.
2. With your partner, list the countries that use English as an official language.
4. deal n. & v. 交易，处理，应付
1. Anybody want to make this deal?
2. The meeting will deal with these problems.
3. Such a deal would constitute one of the biggest takeovers of all time.
5. homepage n. 主页
1. How many people have accessed your homepage by now?
2. Chat with people on your homepage!