1）completed action in the past 发生在过去某个时间里的动作
I did my homework last night. She walked to school every day last year. He washed his car. 2）a series of completed actions 发生在过去某个时间里的一系列的动作
I finished work, walked to the beach, and found a nice place to swim. Did you go to school and give your homework to your math teacher? 3）duration in the past 在过去的时间段里持续发生的动作
第1页 版权所有 不得复制
We talked on the phone for thirty minutes. I lived in Beijing for two years. They sat in the park all day. 4）habits in the past 在过去的时间段里的习惯，即经常反复发生的动作
I studied French when I was a child. He didn’t play the piano. She went to work after school. They never went to school, they always skipped class. 5）past facts 过去的事实
She was shy as a child, but now she is very outgoing.
He didn’t like tomatoes before.
I was a student. You were a student. He/ She was a student. We were students. You were students. They were students. 【否定式】 I was not a student. You were not a student. He/ She was not a student. We were not students. You were not students. They were not students. 【疑问式】 —Were you a student? —Yes, I was. / No, I wasn’t. —Was he/she a student? —Yes, he/she was. / No, he/she wasn’t. —Were we students? —Yes, we were. / No, we weren’t. —Were you students? —Yes, we were. / No, we weren’t. 第2页 版权所有 不得复制
—Were they students? —Yes, they were. / No, they weren’t. 【缩略形式】 was not = wasn’t were not =weren’t 【语感强化】 I was not interested in reading. 我以前对阅读不感兴趣。 You were not in this school last year. 你去年不在这所学校。 He was very busy last Friday. 上星期五他非常忙。 The party was a great success. 晚会非常成功。 We were both late for the meeting. 我们两个开会都迟到了。 Where were you yesterday? 昨天你们在哪里？ They were at home yesterday. 他们昨天在家。
I worked. You worked. He/ She/ It worked. We worked. You worked. They worked. 【否定式】 I did not work. You did not work. He / She / It did not work. We did not work. You did not work. They did not work. 【疑问式】 —Did you work? —Yes, I did. / No, I didn’t. —Did he/she/it work? —Yes, he/she/it did. / No, he/she/it didn’t. —Did we work? —Yes, we did. / No, we didn’t. —Did you work? —Yes, we did. / No, we didn’t. —Did they work? —Yes, they did. / No, they didn’t. 【缩略形式】 did not = didn’t 【语感强化】 I didn’t go to school English last year. 去年我没有上学。 第3页 版权所有 不得复制
You didn’t know my best friend in my primary school. 你不认识我小学里的最好的朋友。 She thought that she was right yesterday. 她认为昨天她是对的。 We played football together last Friday. 我们上周五一起踢足球。 They went to Beijing last year. 他们去年去北京了。
1. Mary did her homework at home yesterday.（改为否定句） 间状语指示必须的是过去的时间。绝对不包括“现在”在内。
Did you see him today? 你今天看见他了吗？（today实际上指今天的已过去的某一时刻）
He went out just now. 他刚出去。
第4页 版权所有 不得复制
【例句】 It happened after three days. 事情发生在三天以后。
play → played clean → cleaned walk →walked look →looked
like → liked live→lived practice → practiced dance →danced
study → studied carry→carried worry → worried try → tried
stop → stopped drop →dropped shop →shopped trip → tripped
travel → travelled (英) / traveled (美)
I wanted to know if I could borrow your pen. 我想知道是否可以借用一下你的笔。 I hoped you could give me some information. 我希望你能给我一些信息。
I didn’t know you were in London. 我不知道你在伦敦。
说话时，当事人已经知道对方在伦敦。这句话指的是说话之前，所以只能用过去时表示。 I thought you were ill. 我以为你病了呢。
1. I (have) dinner with my best friend last Sunday.
2. Who (look) after your little brother yesterday?
3. Peter (help) me with my English yesterday morning.
4. Where they (go) last weekend?
第5页 版权所有 不得复制
5. They (be) very tired the day before yesterday.
6. They sat in the classroom and (listen) to the teacher carefully.
7. What (be) the weather like three days ago?
8. We went to a beautiful beach. We (be) very happy.
9. He said he (can) do it well.
10. He (not see) the movie with us last night.
1. had 2. looked 3. helped 4. did, go 5. were 6. listened 7. was 8. were 2. I did my homework last night.（改为否定句）
1. What did Jim do last night?
2. I didn’t do my homework last night.
3. When did you go to the movies?
第6页 版权所有 不得复制
4. Who/Whom did Mary visit last Sunday?
A. next morning B. over the weekend
C. in the weekend D. next Monday
（ ）10. The koala sleeps _______，but gets up _________.
A. during the day; at the evening B. at day ;during night
C. in the day ;during the evening D. during the day ; at night
第7页 版权所有 不得复制
1. I _________ (have) an exciting party last weekend.
2. _________ she _________(practice) her guitar yesterday? No, she _________.
3. What ________ Tom ________ (do) on Saturday evening?
He ________(watch) TV and __________(read) an interesting book.
4. They all _________(go) to the mountains yesterday morning.
5. She _________(not visit) her aunt last weekend.
She ________ (stay) at home and _________(do) some cleaning.
6. When ________ you _________(write) this song? I __________(write) it last year.
7. My friend, Carol, ________(study) for the math test and ________(practice) English last night.
8. ________ Mr. Li __________(do) the project on Monday morning? Yes, he _________.
9. How _________(be) Jim’s weekend? It _________(be not) bad.
10. ________ (be) your mother a sales assistant last year? No. she __________.
I _________ _________ __________ __________ exciting weekend.
Jenny likes _________ __________. She _________ an English book last night.
Emma__________ TV every day. But he _________ ________ ________ yesterday.
What ________ they _________ _________ Saturday?
They _________ __________ homework and _________ __________.
This morning Fangfang ____ ____ ____ ____ because his father _____ _____ ____ yesterday.
6. 你还有什么要说的？ What _______ would you like _______ _______?
7. 放学别忘了向老师说声再见。 Don’t forget ______ _______ _______ _______ the teacher.
8. 为什么你昨晚没有看电视？ Why _______ you _______ TV last night?
When he ______ the classroom, he ______ a watch on the ground.
10. 他什么时候出生的？1980年。 ---When _______ he _______? ---_______ 1980.
1. Lucy did her homework at home.（改否定句）Lucy ________ _______ her homework at home.
2. He found some meat in the fridge（冰箱）.（变一般疑问句）
___________ he __________ ___________ meat in the fridge?
3. There was some orange in the cup.（变一般疑问句）_______ there _______ orange in the cup?
4. Frank read an interesting book about history. （一般疑问句）
_______ Frank _______ an interesting book about history? 第8页 版权所有 不得复制