1. They are from Britain. They speak _________.
A. Japanese B. Chinese C. English D. French
2. I live ____my family ____a flat ____a busy street.
A. with; in; on B. with; on; on C. in; in; in D. in; on; in
3. Tom has two friends. One is from Australia and _____is from the USA.
A. another B. other C. the other D. others
4. Which pen is _______, this one or the one on the desk?
A. the better B. the best C. better D. good
5. Which of them isn’t a capital city?
A. Paris B. New York C. London D. Moscow
6. Sally sits between _______.
A. you and me B. his and me C. he and me D. me and him
7. ______people died in the Wenchuan earthquake.
A. Two thousands B. Thousands of C. Two thousand of D. Thousands of
8. Now turn to Page____and look at _____picture in Lesson Two.
A. twentieth; the one B. twenty; one
C. twentieth; the first B. twenty; the first
9. I share my room ____a friend of _____
A. from; mine B. with; mine C. with; me D. to; me
10. ---When did the train ____?
----Five minutes ago.
A. get to B. reach C. arrive at D. arrive
11. He doesn’t look like an old man in his _____.
A. eighty years old B. eighty C. eightieth D. eighties
12. Tom can’t see the blackboard clearly, so he sits ____the classroom.
A. in front of B. in the front of C. before D. behind
13. I was listening to the radio _____my brother was playing computer games last night.
A. when B. while C. but D. or
14. This is ____trip to Beijing. I hope we’ll enjoy the trip.
A. the our first B. our the first C. our first D. first our
15.----I’m going on a trip to Xi’an next week.
A. Thank you. B. Good idea. C. It’s good D. Have a good time.
16. Let’s take ____to the shopping centre.
A. them B. themselves C. theirs D. their
17.---Do you have any books?
---No, I have ___books.
A. no B. none C. nothing D. not
18. He is ____in hospital, so he is a _____person.
A. ill; ill B. ill; sick C. sick; ill D. \; ill
19. The boy got up late, so he ____the early bus.
A. caught B. missed C. got D. lost
20. He had little breakfast this morning, _________?
A. had he B. hadn’t he C. did he D. didn’t he
21. It’s not far. You can go there ____foot. You needn’t go there ___a car.
A. on; drive B. by; on C. by; in D. on; in
22. ----How many photos are there on the wall?
A. No one B. Nothing C. None D. no
23. The key ring belongs to _____. It isn’t _____.
A. her, mine B. hers; him C. hers; mine D. her; him
24. It’s only ten ______walk from the bus station to the hotel.
A. minutes B. minute C. minute’s D. minutes’
25. You ______the homework now. You may do it tomorrow.
A. don’t need finish B. needn’t to finish
C. needn’t finish D. need finishing
1. He was _________(躺) on the grass when he found the sick cat.
2. It is one of the biggest ___________(图书馆) in this country.
3. Please keep _________(安静). The baby is sleeping.
4. Today is Kitty’s _________(二十)birthday.
5. I want to have my _________(自己的) bedroom.
6. What can you see on the ________(教师) desk?
7. There are many places of _________(兴趣) in Xi’an.
8. Eddie enjoys _________(吃) food.
9. Air __________(污染) is getting worse and worse.
10. Merry Christmas! Here’s a card for __________(你).
11. Shanghai is to the ___________(东南)of Nanjing.
12. Can you swim _______(穿过)the river?
13. You need some tour __________(向导) to show you around our city.
14. Go straight along the street, and you will ________(容易)find the post office.
15. Listen. I have got something ___________(令人兴奋的)to tell you all.