1. When is the dog's birthday?
2. What are they talking about?
3. Where are the speakers?
4. How m any apples are' there at home?
5. Why was the girl frightened?
A. Because she saw lightning.
B. Because she saw a UFO.
C. Because she saw a dog.
6. Who borrowed the girl's badminton rackets?
A. The boy's brother. B. Her sister. C. Her brother.
7. What did the young man do yesterday?
A. He caught a robber. B. He helped an old man. C. He saved a child.
8. What did they do yesterday?
A. They rowed a boat. B. They drove a car. C. They swam.
9. Where is the library?
A. Behind a tall building. B. Next to a bank. C. In front of the station.
10. How much is the sofa?
A. 6,300 yuan. B. 6,500 yuan. C. 6,700 yuan.
11 . Who got the Grade 7 Most Helpful student Award?
A. David B. Daniel C. Han Qian
12. Who will go to the home for the elderly?
A. Wu Li, Han Qian and Frank.
B. Wu Li, Han Qian and Daniel.
C. Han Qian, Frank and Daniel.
13. When will Kitty go to the boy's new house?
A. This evening. B. Tomorrow afternoon. C. Tomorrow evening.
14. How will Kitty get there?
A. By bus. B. By bike. C. On foot.
15. How long does it take to get to the boy's new house?
A. About ten minutes by bus.
B. About fifteen minutes by bus.
C. About fifty minutes on foot.
16. How did they go to the zoo yesterday?
A. By bike. B. By bus. C. By underground.
17. What was the movie about?
A. The history of the giraffe. B. The life of the camel. C. The life of the giraffe.
18. What did they find in the bushes?
A. A cat. B. A frog. C. A bird.
19. When did the speaker get home?
A. At seven o'clock. B. At eight o'clock. C. At nine o'clock.
20. How long did he do his homework?
A. For one hour. B. For two hours. C. For three hours.
21. _______ enjoyable music programme on Channel 3!
A. How B. How an C. What D. What an
22. ---What are the police doing there?
---They are _______ the building. A robber ran into it just now.
A. finding B. searching for C. searching D. looking for
23. --- Excuse me, where is the nearest hospital?
--- Go _______the road, then turn left _______the first turning.
A. down; in B. across; on C. along; at D. along; across
24. --- _______did it _______ the conductor to check the tickets this morning? --- Half an hour.
A. How soon; take B. How long; cost
C. How often; spent D. How long; take
25. ---Hi, Kate. You look tired. What's the matter? --- I _______well last night.
A. wasn't B. don't sleep C. haven't slept D. didn't sleep
26. They _______ the train until it disappeared in the distance.
A. saw B. watched C. noticed D. realized
27. ---Who left the window _______?
--- Sorry. I forgot _______it when I left yesterday.
A. opened; to close B. open; to close C. open; closing D. opening; closing
28. If you want to keep _______, You _______ do more exercise and eat less.
A. health; shall B. healthy; shall C. health; should D. healthy; should
29. I heard him _______ the piano in the next room at 10:00 last night.
A. played B. to play C. playing D. plays
30. Be _______. Make sure not to make the same spelling mistake next time.
A. peaceful B. careful C. helpful D. thankful
31. --- The exam was very easy, wasn't it? --- Yes, but I don't think _______ could pass it.
A. somebody B. everybody C. nobody D. anybody
32. ---Tom finish the rest of your homework tonight and _______it to school tomorrow. --- I will, Mr. Wu.
A. take B. get C. bring D. send
33. --- Mum, could I play with my classmates for a while after I finish my homework? --- _______. But you must come back before supper.
A. Yes, you can B. Yes, you could C. No, you can't D. No, you couldn't
34. ---_______ does this book belong to? --- It _______be Li Lei's. There's his name on it.
A. Who; must B. Whom; can't C. Whose; must D. What; may
35. ---Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the Museum?
--- Sorry, I'm a stranger here.
A. Thanks anyway B. It doesn't matter C. Never mind D. No problem
My father died when I was a baby, and my mother had to go out to work. I was the only 36 so I had no brothers and sisters to play with at home. I used to play in the street with other children, or ride my bike down to the park, but I remember I 37 a lot of time just sitting at home reading. We had a television, I think, but don't remember 38 it very much.
My grandparents lived with us and we used to do a lot of things together.I remember we played cards a lot. At the weekends, my mother always 39 -- We often went down to the sea and swam, and I 40 to swim when I was quite young.
We didn't have a car, so we went everywhere by bus. Occasionally（偶尔），one of my uncles used to come and take us out in his car, which was a great 41 .For
holidays we always went to the seaside, but never far away maybe a short train journey. My mother wasn't very 42 , and I don't remember her ever 43 me. In fact（事实上），I got my way too much. I was given small pocket money because we weren't very 44 and I probably spent most of it on sweets, as far as I remember I don't think anyone thought they were 45 for you then.
36. A. child B. father C. friend D. mother
37. A. used B. kept C. took D. spent
38. A. repairing B .listening to C. watching D. looking at
39. A. let me in B. took me out C. told me stories D. went shopping
40. A. hates B. learned C. stopped D. forgot
41. A. game B. chance C. pain D. pleasure
42. A. strict（严格的） B. kind C. interested D. worried
43. A. playing with B. staying with C. beating D. loving
44. A. busy B. happy C. rich D. well
45. A. good B. bad C. important D. delicious
What does little birdie say,
In her nest at peep（初现）of day?
Let me fly, says little birdie,
Mother, let me fly away,
Birdie, rest a little longer,
Till the little wings are stronger.
So she rests a little longer,
Then she flies away.
What does little baby say,
In her bed at peep of day?
Baby says, like little birdie,
Let me rise and fly away.
Baby, sleep a little longer,
Till the little limbs(四肢) are stronger.
If she sleeps a little longer,
Baby too shall fly away.
46. In the poem, which words rhyme with "say"?
A. longer, stronger B. say, day C. day, away D. A, B and C
47. In the poem, where does the bird rest?
A. In her bed. B. In her nest. C. At peep of the day. D. In the
48. How do you understand the last sentence If she sleeps a little longer, Baby too
shall fly away?
A. If the baby sleeps for a long time, she can fly.
B. The baby is too lazy, so she wants to sleep longer.
C. The baby has a special ability to fly like a bird after she sleeps longer.
D. You should get enough power and abilities before you do something.
Joan worked in a hospital as a nurse. One evening there was a big dance at the hospital. Most of the doctors and nurses would be there, but of course somebody had to be left to look after the sick children, and Joan was not of the lucky ones. She liked dancing very much, so when she had to start work that evening while her friends were getting ready to go to the dance, she felt very sorry for herself
She went to each sick child one after another and said good-night, until she came to we little boy, Dicky. He was eleven years old, but he was already able to talk like an adult(成年人). Poor Dicky had a very serious(严重的) illness, and now he was hardly (几乎不) able to move any part of his body except his hands. Joan knew he would never get any better, but he was always happy and always thinking about other people instead of about himself.
Dicky knew that Joan loved dancing, so now when she came to say good-night to him, he greeted(问候) her with the words, "I'm very sorry that you have to miss the dance because of us. But we are going to have a party for you. If you look in my drawer, you will find a piece of cake. I saved(省下) it from my supper today, so it is quite fresh. And there is also a dollar there. You can buy something to drink with that. And I'd get up and dance with you myself if I was able to," he added(补充说) .
Suddenly the hospital dance seemed very far away and not at all important to Joan.
49. Dicky was lovely because _______.
A. he was a nice, kind boy of eleven
B. he was always thinking about others more than himself
C. he saved a piece of cake for his nurse
D. he could foresee(预知) that he would never get any better
50. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Dicky knew why Joan was unhappy. B. Dicky heard about the dance.
C. Dicky showed sympathy(同情) for Joan. D. Dicky got up to greet Joan when she came.
51. At that party arranged(安排) for Joan, Dicky probably _______.
A. got up and danced with her
B. gave Joan a piece of cake he had saved
C. brought her something to drink
D. lost the dollar which he was going to give Joan
When you look at the sky at night, the moon looks bigger than the stars. Actually,
the moon is much smaller than the stars and the sun. It's much smaller than the earth. But the moon is much closer to us than any star. That is why it looks so big. If you hold a coin close to your eye, it looks big. If you look at it across the moon, it looks small.
The moon moves around the earth. It makes one trip in about four weeks. The moon looks flat to us. But it is a round ball, like the earth.
People once thought the moon had fire on it. They thought the fire made it bright. Now we know the moon is like a mirror. It gets its light from the sun.
Our sunlight comes from the sun, too. What is the sun? The sun is a star. The stars we can see have their own light. There are many big stars we cannot see. Their light had burned out. Others are still bright, but they are so far away that we cannot see them. The sun looks bigger and much brighter than other stars because it is the nearest of all stars. The sun and the other stars we see are very hot, but the air around us saves us from the heat of the sun.
The sun gives us light and warmth. It makes plants grow and turns leaves green. It makes life possible on our earth. It is a life giving star.
52. It takes _______ for the moon to go around the earth.
A. more than a week B. nearly a month C. half a year D. more than a year
53. The moon is bright because _______.
A. there is some fire on it B. it is near the sun, too
C. there is a big mirror on it D. it can get light from the sun
54. The passage tells us _______.
A. the sun is not the biggest star B. the sun is bigger than any other star
C. only the sun can shine D. the sun is one of the farthest stars to us
55. Why do we call the sun "a life giving star"?
A. Because it gives us warmth.
B. Because there are some living things on it.
C. Because plants and animals can't live without it.
D. Because people have to live in the dark without it.
56. My grandfather is celebrating his_______（第九十九）birthday.
57. Will you please put the piano_______（在?的对面）the sofa?
58. There are two_______ （座位）left in the back row.
59. Kenny has spent months_______（准备）to take the entrance exam.
60. Marcia_______（藏）the pictures in her desk drawer yesterday.
61. The neighbors had a _______（烧烤）Saturday night.
62. He tried to stop smoking and_______（失败）．
63. Going into the hospital can be very_______（令人恐惧的）．