英 语 试 卷 2009.5
Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
Ⅰ. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片): (共6分
A B C D
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Ⅱ. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到
7. A) Sam. 8. A) Red.
9. A) On Wednesday. 10. A) 5:30. 11. A) Sunny. 12. A) A teacher. 13. A) Once a week.
B) Linda. B) Blue. B) On Thursday. B) 5:40. B) Rainy. B) A lawyer. B) Twice a week.
C) Mr. White. C) Green. C) On Friday. C) 6:00. C) Cloudy. C) Every day.
D) Miss White. D) Yellow. D) On Saturday. D) 6:20. D) Windy.
D)Three times a week.
C) An engineer. D) An artist. B) He found it boring. D) He found it amazing. B) Husband and wife. D) Father and daughter. C) In a school.
D) In a library.
14. A) He found it interesting.
C) He found it enjoyable. C) Doctor and patient.
B) In a shop.
15. A)Teacher and student. 16. A) In a restaurant.
Ⅲ. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下
列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (共7分)
17. Mark Twain was a famous British writer.
18. One day Mark Twain went to a town to see a barber (理发师). 19. He went to have his hair cut before he had supper.
20. The barber didn?t know Mark Twain and asked him where he was from. 21. Mark Twain thought that the town was very beautiful.
22. Nobody in the town wanted to attend Mark Twain?s speech.
23. From the story we know Mark Twain had a good sense of humour.
Ⅳ. Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks to complete the sentences (根据你听到的内容，完成下列句子，每空格限填一词): (共7分) 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30.
The Browns are the writer?s neighbours. The Browns in three weeks ago. Mrs. Jackson was quite old and lived Mr. and Mrs. Brown have children. Jack is thirteen years old and he is .
The two boys go for rides in fine weather. The writer is to have friends living so near.
Part 2 (第二部分 词汇和语法) Ⅴ. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共26分)
31. Little Tom got up late and went to school in ______ hurry this morning.
A) a A) in A) she A) potato A) hundreds A) tall A) What A) both A) needn?t A) well A) and A) though
B) an B) on B) her B) egg B) hundreds of B) taller B) What a B) neither B) can?t B) good B) but B) until
C) the C) at C) hers C) bread C) hundred C) tallest C) What an C) all C) must C) bad C) so C) because
D) / D) with D) herself D) tomato D) hundred of D) the tallest D) How D) none D) may D) terrible D) or D) unless
32. Junior 3 students are going to have the entrance exams ______ June.
33. Alice won?t go to the cinema with us. She is busy with ______ homework now. 34. There?s little ______ in the fridge. Let?s go and buy some for breakfast. 35. Tom likes stamps very much. He has collected about five ______ stamps so far. 36. We all know that the World Financial Center is ______ building in Shanghai at present. 37. ______ exciting event the World Expo 2010 will be !
38. The two boys like playing basketball, but ______ of them likes playing football.
39. It?s not easy to drive in busy streets. Drivers ______ be very familiar with the traffic rules. 40. The fruit salad tasted so ______ that the kids asked for more. 41. Hurry up, ______ you will be late for the evening performance. 42. I can?t go to see the film with you tonight ______ I?m too busy.
43. Every student likes Miss Green because she always talks to them ______.
A) politely B) lovely B) not B) studied B) will visit B) with B) interesting
C) friendly C) to not C) will study C) was visiting C) on C) exciting
D) luckily D) to
D) would study D) had visited D) for D) dull
44. Mum always tells me ______ waste any food when I have dinner at home. A) not to
A) study A) has visited A) in
A) noisy “______”.
A) go over A) show off A) famous for
A) spend A) talked
B) worry about B) take off B) angry with B) pay B) told
C) work out C) turn off C) afraid of C) cost C) said
D) take away D) put off D) satisfied with D) buy D) spoke
50. Please ______ your coat. It?s very hot inside the room.
51. Jenny often helps other students and her teachers are very ______ what she does. 52. Cars are very expensive. I can?t afford to ______ one now. 53. I?m sorry I didn?t hear what you ______. Could you repeat it? 54. The host wanted to know ______ .
A) when will the guests come C) when would the guests come －______ A) That?s right. －______ A) No problem.
B) My pleasure.
C) Yes, please.
D) Thank you.
B) Never mind.
C) You?re welcome.
D) Of course not.
B) when the guests will come D) when the guests would come
45. Simon is interested in American culture. He ______ English at Trojan University next year. 46. Nancy ______ many famous places since she came to live in China last year. 47. Chongming Island will be connected ______ Shanghai by a tunnel and a bridge. 48. “______”. 49. 55. －I?m sorry I?ve broken your glass.
56. －John, you?ve won the first prize in the competition. Congratulations!
Ⅵ. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子，每空格限填一词）: (共8分) 57. Last week I went on a trip to Sichuan and I took many 58. Ben thinks the lesson of this book is very interesting. (twelve) 59. The boy seemed to be enjoying ( he )
60. If your child shows any signs of 61. Newspapers provide readers with (nation) 62. The doctors tried their best to ?s life, but failed. (safe)
63. “Please listen to me,” said the teacher to the students. (care)
64. The guests the room because it is too small and it has a terrible smell. (like)
Ⅶ. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词）: (共12分)
65. Jack?s father bought a new television set yesterday. （改为一般疑问句）
Jack?s father a new television set yesterday?
66. (对划线部分提问) visitors will come to Shanghai for the World Expo 2010 ?
67. There was a cycling race in Chongming last month. (改为反意疑问句)
68. They will build many new houses for the homeless people in that area.（改为被动语态） Many new houses will ________ ________ for the homeless people in that area.
69. Paul likes playing basketball better than watching old movies on TV. (保持句意基本不变) Paul ________ playing basketball ________ watching old movies on TV.
70. Will Frank go to the park with us? Please tell me. (合并为一句)
Please tell me ________ Frank ________ go to the park with us.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
Ⅷ. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分)
A. True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”
表示）: ( 7分)
The world has a big headache and it?s caused by money. It began in
America last year and it?s traveled around the world helped by the speed
of the Internet.
In just a few short months billions and billions of dollars have
disappeared. They just vanished (消失) into thin air. How can this be?
Well, to understand that, you have to understand the idea of ?value?. The
value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. That?s easy
when it comes to buying a bottle of green tea. You wouldn?t pay more than a few yuan. But what about something like a house?
In America, houses are expensive. People have to get loans (贷款) in order to buy them. To get a loan you have to have a good job so the lender knows you?re going to pay the money back. But America started making it easier for people to get loans. That meant more people could buy houses. The demand (需求) for houses increased their ?value? so their prices went up and people had to get bigger loans to buy them. Of course, many of these people couldn?t afford to pay back the bigger loans. So the banks couldn?t get their money back, the prices of houses went down and all that ?value? disappeared.
Now the banks are out of money and governments around the world have had to step in and help them.
What does this all mean? Well, with the banks in trouble there is less money to invest (投资) and less money for people to buy things. That means less business, fewer jobs and more unemployment (失业). It?s a big headache for everyone around the world and aspirin can?t cure it.
71. The big problem was caused by the Internet and it started in America last year.
72. Huge amounts of money disappeared in just a few short months.
73. Since houses are cheap, people in America don?t need to get loans to buy them.
74. In America, the lender usually lends money to people who has a good job.
75. It was easy for American people to get loans, so more people could afford a house.
76. When the banks couldn?t get their money back, the prices of the houses went up.
77. Nowadays people around the world have less money to invest and to buy things.
B. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案）: ( 7分)
Every year on my birthday, from the time I turned 12, a white gardenia
(栀子花) was delivered to my house. No card ever came with it. Calls to the
flower-shop were not helpful at all. After a while I stopped trying to find out
the sender?s name and was just pleased with the beautiful white flower, in
soft pink paper.
I never stopped imagining (想象) who the giver might be, though.
Some of my happiest moments were spent daydreaming about the sender. My mother encouraged these daydreams. She?d ask me if I had been especially kind to someone. Perhaps it was one of my classmates. Perhaps it was the old man. He lived across the street. I?d delivered his mail during the winter. As a girl, though, I had more fun imagining that it might be a boy that I had met.
One month before my high school graduation, my father died. I was so sad that I became completely uninterested in my upcoming graduation dance, and I didn?t care whether I had a new dress or not. My mother, in her own sadness, however, would not let me miss any of those things. She wanted her children to feel loved. In fact, my mother wanted her children to see themselves much like the gardenia: lovely, strong and perfect, with perhaps a bit of mystery (神秘).
I got married at the age of 22. My mother died ten years after I was married. That was the year the gardenia stopped coming.
78. The writer got a white gardenia as a present on her birthday.
A) seventh B) tenth C) eleventh D) fifteenth
79. When the writer first received the present, she .
A) didn?t know who sent her the flower
B) found a card together with the flower
C) called the sender and thanked him a lot
D) didn?t make any calls to the flower-shop
80. From the passage we know that .
A) the writer was not pleased with the flower
B) the white gardenia was in soft pink paper
C) the gardenia was sent to the writer?s mother
D) the father helped the writer find out the sender
81. Why did the writer think the old man might be the sender of the gardenia?
A) Because he lived just across the street.
B) Because the writer once delivered his mail.
C) Because the old man was very kind to the writer.
D) Because the old man often encouraged the writer.
82. The writer was very sad because .
A) she missed her high school graduation dance B) she didn?t know who sent her the white flower C) her father died one month before her graduation D) she didn?t have a new dress for the graduation dance 83. Who was the real giver of the white gardenia? A) Her mother. B) Her classmate. C) The old man. D) A boy. 84. Which of the following would be the best title for the passage? A) A Childhood Dream. B) A Graduation Party. C) A Mother?s Love. D) A Special Birthday.
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文）:（14分）
85. A) examples 86. A) new 87. A) taught 88. A) on 89. A) easy
B) exams B) old
B) expected B) off B) safe
C) experiments C) large C) allowed C) up C) clear
D) exercises D) free D) helped D) back D) fine