Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
Ⅰ. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片): (共6分)
D E F G
1. ______ 2. ______
Ⅱ. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到
的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案): (共10分) 7. A) Tea.
C) Water. C) Granddad.
D) Juice. D) Brother. D) Friday. D) America.
8. A) Dad. B) Mum. 10. A) Vegetables. B) Meat. 11. A) New York. 12. A) Happy.
13. A) Every day. 14. A) In the book store.
C) In the library. 15. A) Face to face. 16. A) Take a taxi.
9. A) Tuesday. B) Wednesday. C) Thursday.
C) Fruit. D) Cookies.
B) Frightened. C) Surprised. D) Excited. B) Once a week. C) Very often. D) Twice a week.
B) By letter. B) Walk home.
B) In the post office. D) In the supermarket.
C) By telephone. D) By e-mail. C) Buy a car.
D) Wait for a bus.
Ⅲ. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (共7分
17. Little children can learn to swim as soon as they can talk.
18. By five or six, a child knows fear of water.
19. The author believes that fear of water is stupid.
20. Water can sometimes be very dangerous to swimmers.
21. Swimming alone may get you into trouble.
22. Most swimmers like to swim away from the bank or the beach.
23. Good lungs (肺) will do you a favour in swimming.
IV. Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks (根据你听到的内容，完成下列句子，每空格限填一词): (共7分)
How To Create A Class Homepage( 主页 )
24．There are_______ students in our class.
25. A class homepage should have _______or weekly news of class activities.
26. Something like spring outings in can be put on the class homepage.
27. It can also have of students’ artwork .
28. Parents are always in their kids’ assignments(作业）.
29. The weekly agenda(事项assignments.
30. In corner” is proper to be put on the homepage, too.
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分词汇和语法)
Ⅴ. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共26分)
31.The mobile phone is becoming ______ useful tool for us to communicate with others.
A) a B) / C) an D) the
32. After school, some students like to play video games, while ______ like playing football on the playground.
A) other B) rest C) others D) the others
33.The Games of the 29th Olympiad were held successfully _____ August,2008 in Beijing ,China.
A) information B) from C) in D) at D) knowledge 34. It is not safe for teenagers to give out too much ______ about themselves on the Internet. B) questions C) ideas
35. Two babies died and ______ babies became ill after drinking the milk powder with the chemical melamine.(三聚氰氨)
A) two hundreds B) hundreds of C) hundreds D) several hundreds
36. ______ people can afford to buy the house because the price of it is too high.
A) Little B) A little C) Few D) A few
37. The number of farmers in China ______ very large. Something must be done to make them rich.
A) is B) has C) have D) are
38. In order to keep the roads safe, we ______obey the traffic rules.
A) can B) must C) need D) may
39.My aunt isn’t here．She _______ Beijing on business．She will be back in three days．
A) has gone to B) has been to
A) the tallest B) tallest C) taller
A) ask B) say C) let D) tall D) allow 41. Teachers should not ______ their students buy many extra exercise- books for classes.
42. The 2008 Olympic theme song “You and Me ”sung in two languages by Sarah Brightman &
Liu Huan sounds ______.
A) softly B) beautiful
A) stay up
A) tell B) set up C) well C) wake up D) beautifully D) get up 43. Don't ___________ to chat on the internet , or you’ll feel tired in tomorrow’s classes. 44. Students__________ to close the windows before they leave the physics and chemistry lab. B) will be told C) are told D) were told
B) has raised C) had raised D) raised
B) using to stop C) stop to use D) stopped using 45. Shanghai ______ taxi base fare (起步价) from 10 yuan to 11 yuan since May, 2008. A) will raise 46.Free plastic bags were______in all the supermarkets and department stores from June 1st ,2008. A) stopped to use
47. ____ Tom _____ Mary is busy at the moment. You’d better play with others.
A) Both…and B) Not only…but also C) Neither…nor D) Either…or
A) all the same B) at the same time C) at that moment D) at present
49. The global financial crisis (金融危机)has made many people __________ their money.
A) to care for B) took care of C) be careful with D) to be cared about
50. The cyclist held his raincoat tightly _______ the wind couldn’t blow it away.
A) so B) so that C) when D) because part means__________.
A) just now B) in a while C) at once D) on time
D) as lifeless 52. If there is no atmosphere , the earth would be _______ the moon. A) as lifeless as B) as lifeless than C) lifeless than
53. ______ beautiful the Oriental Pearl TV Tower looks at night!
A) What a B) What an C) How D) How a
54.---Do you think you will lose the football match again?
---No, _______We have been training very hard recently.
A) I hope not. B) I’m sure. C) I’m afraid so. D) I hope so.
55.---Excuse me, would you mind if I open the window?
A) Never mind. B) No, don’t mind. C) Certainly. D) Of course not.
56. No one knows __________.
A) what the computers of tomorrow will be like
B) what will the computers of tomorrow be like C) went D) will go to 40. Shanghai’s the new landmark ---the World Financial Building is the first ______ building in
C) what will be the computers of tomorrow like
D) what the computers of tomorrow will like
VI.Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子，每空格限填一词）: (共8分)
57.Nobody will help her with her work, so she’ll have to continue it by_________. ( she )
58.Every student should take an _________ part in “Sunshine Sports” .(act)
59.As Grade Nine students, we should take a _________ examination in May.(medicine)
60.We will be glad to celebrate our motherland, China’s _________ birthday on October 1st ,2009.
61. It is _________ for such a small boy to get the first prize in the long jump. ( usual )
62. Air pollution is one of the _________ problems in our life. ( big )
63. You can’t drive your car_________ in traffic jams. (easy )
64. These five _________ are my elder brother’s classmates. ( Germany )
VII. Rewrite the sentences as required（按要求改写下列句子，每空格限填一词）:（共12分）
65. Alice drinks some milk for breakfast every morning. (改为否定句)
Alice ______ ______ any milk for breakfast every morning. (对划线部分提问)
______ ______ will Shanghai hold the World EXPO successfully?
67. Could you tell me when we will hold our school sports meeting? (改为简单句)
Could you tell me ______ ______ hold our school sports meeting?
68. British children never have lessons at school at weekends .(改为反意疑问句)
British children never have lessons at school at weekends, ______ ______?
69. It took John one week to read the book Harry Potter . (保持句意基本不变)
John ______ one week ______ the book Harry Potter .
70. Last year the terrible Wenchuan earthquake killed thousands of people. (改为被动语态) Last year thousands of people ______ ______ by the terrible Wenchuan earthquake.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VIII. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分)
( A )
Do you know giant pandas? They are considered as national
treasure because China is their hometown. Giant pandas are beautiful
black-and-white animals. They look like bears, but they are very quiet
and peaceful. People couldn’t see giant pandas in different areas before
Chinese sent them to other places in the world. The pair of giant pandas,
which were offered by the Chinese mainland (大陆), arrived in Taiwan on December 23, 2008. The pandas, Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan, are not only a gift from the mainland but also friendship ambassadors (大使) to Taiwan. Two staff members from the Wolong Nature Reserve (卧龙自然保护区) went to Taiwan together with the pandas. They also took a week’s worth of the
favourite food, such as fresh bamboo, for giant pandas only eat bamboo shoots and leaves, they never eat meat.
Taipei Zoo prepared well for the four-year-old national treasure. To be familiar with the pandas, five staff members from the zoo had worked with them in Sichuan for some time. The new panda house covers an area of 5,500 square metres. Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan live in two rooms with air conditioning . They also enjoy a 765-square-metre garden. And 35 workers, as well as a lot of volunteers, are ready to serve the famous pair. During the Spring Festival they will meet the public and it is certain that people living in Taiwan will go to the zoo to visit them.
Hopefully, the animals will be the real ambassadors between mainland and Taiwan.
True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示）: ( 7分)
71. Giant pandas and bears are very quiet and peaceful animals.
72. Two giant pandas were sent to mainland by Taiwanese on December 23, 2008.
73. Chinese send giant pandas to other areas in the world as a present as well as friendship ambassadors.
74. Fresh bamboo is pandas’ favorite food.
75. The four-year-old Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan were looked after well in Taipei Zoo.
76. Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan live in a new house with a garden about 5,500 square metres.
77. During the Spring Festival Taiwanese could hopefully visit Tuan Tuan and Yuan Yuan.
( B )
Are you interested in the following courses? Please read them and make a decision soon. This twelve-hour course is for people who do not know very much
about computers but who need to learn about them. You will learn what
computers are, what they can and can’t do, and how to use them.
Course fee: $75, from June 7th to June 28th, 9~12 a.m. every Sunday;
Equipment fee: $10;
Joseph Saunders is Professor of Computer Science at New Urban
University. He has over twelve years of experience in computer field. Do you want to stop smoking? Have you already tried to stop it but failed?
Now is the time to stop smoking using the latest methods. You can stop
smoking, and this course will take twelve hours or more.
Course fee: $30, from June 6thto June 27th ，4~7 p.m. every Saturday;
Dr. Randy Gilchrist is a top psychologist (心理学家) who has helped
hundreds of people stop smoking.
Hypnosis(催眠) has proven very helpful in improving habits. In fact, multiple-session hypnosis has a 66% success rate at helping people smoking, higher than any other smoking method available.
This course is for those who want to learn to speak French, with a
small class of less than 20 people, twice a week. You are tested in the first class
to know your French level for the course and begin practicing at one of eight different skill levels. This allows you to learn at your own speed, and prepares you to learn through situations of real life with a funny and easy method.
Course Fee: $200 ,from June 1st to June 25th ，4~7 p.m. every Monday and Thursday; Personal tutoring fee(辅导费): $100;
From the first day on you can have your own personal French teacher that corrects your exercises and assists you along the course, who has successfully taught French courses before. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案）: ( 7分)
78. The computer professor has got ______years of experience in computer field.
A) more than twelve B) less than twelve
C) ten D) twelve
79. From June 7th to June 28th we have computer courses______.
A) on weekends B) on weekdays
C) on the first day of a week D) on the last day of a week
80. If you want to take course A, you need to go ______to learn something about computers.
A) once B) twice C) three times D) four times
81. The newest method of Dr. Randy Gilchrist to help people quit smoking.
A) sports B) medicine C) hypnosis D) surgery
82. The underlined word “” in the Course B probably means A) worry about B) give up C) go on D) try on
A) know your French level for the course B) correct your exercises
C) practise your eight different levels D) learn your speaking speed
84. With a personal French teacher helping you along the course, you should pay
_________for French Learning course altogether.
A) $300 B) $200 C) $150 D) $100
( C )
Hundreds of years ago, news was carried from place to place
by people on foot or by horse. It took days, weeks and sometimes
months for people to receive news. Now it is possible to send
words and pictures around the world in . Billions of
people learn about news stories of their motherland and over the
TV or reading newspapers.
Newspapers have been an important part of everyday life since
the 18th century. Many countries have hundreds of different newspapers. How do newspaper makes a good news story?
Firstly, it is important to report news stories. TV stations can report news much faster than newspapers. Yet, newspapers give more about the same story. They may also another way, or they may print completely different stories to those on TV.