英 语 试 卷
Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listen and choose the right picture（根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片）：（共6分）
A B C
D E F G
II. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear（根据你听到的 对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案）：（共10分）
7. A. On foot. B. By bike.
C. By car. D. By bus.
8. A. At 7:30 A.M. B. At 7:30 P.M.
C. At 6:30 A.M. D. At 6:30 P.M.
9. A. Rainy. B. Sunny.
C. Cloudy. D. Snowy.
10. A. Get a basket. B. Get a trolley.
C. Drive a car. D. Make a shopping list.
11. A. English. B. Maths.
C. Music. D. Physics.
12. A. The Shanghai Museum. B. The People?s Square.
C. The Shanghai Grand Theatre. D. The Park Hotel.
13. A. Swimming. B. Jumping.
C. Walking. D. Running.
14. A. One hundred dollars. B. One hundred and ten dollars.
C. Ninety dollars. D. Ten dollars.
15. A. At a hotel. B. At a theatre.
C. At a department. D. At a book store.
16. A. Tents, clothes and medicine.
B. Tents, clothes, medicine and water.
C. Water, tents and medicine. D. Money, clothes, medicine and water.
III. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false（判断下列
17. Mr. Smith didn?t have a wife or children.
18. Mr. Smith lived in an old house with his workmates.
19. Sometimes Mr. Smith had to borrow some money to buy a little food.
20. One evening Mr. Smith was asked to have dinner in a restaurant by his friend.
21. Mr. Smith and his friend could hardly stand after they drank a lot.
22. Mr. Smith couldn?t get out by himself when the taxi-driver drove him home.
23. Mr. Smith was drunk, so he was not able to open the door himself.
IV. Listen to the dialogue and fill in the blanks（听对话填空，每空格限填一词）：（共7分）
24. Complaints on Department
25. The man waited three weeks for a call and two for the machine to be repaired.
26. The engineers were given information by the department.
27. The man took two days off from unnecessarily.
28. The first and fourth visits lasted only a total of minutes.
29. But the man was asked to pay for four work.
30. The man will not pay the company for the Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar（第二部分 词汇和语法）
V. Choose the best answer（选择最恰当的答案）：（共26分）
31. Ted told us a funny story, but he forgot ______ending himself.
A. / B. a C. an D. the
32. You can improve your English ______ reading English newspapers everyday.
A. at B. by C. from D. in
33. It is the ______ time in one week that you broke dishes.
A. third B. three C. thirty D. two-thirds
34. “You can have some cakes, ______ you must wash your hands first.” Mum says.
A. and B. or C. but D. because
35. We can get more _______ about the international affairs on the Internet than before.
A. information B. book C. report D. progress
36. We?ve got two bicycles. One is for my parents, ______ is for me.
A. other B. the other C. another D. others
37. ---Must I stay at home these days?
--- No, you_______ . You can go anywhere.
A. mustn?t B. needn?t C. can?t D. don?t
38. Jack has got _______ colour paper with him. Let?s try to ask him for some.
A. little B. few C. a few D. a lot of
39. Please speak _________. I can?t follow you.
A. quick B. quickly C. slow D. slowly
40. No matter how hard the work is, we will keep ______ until we make it.
A. try B. trying C. to try D. tried
41. Mike ______ as a chemistry teacher for over twenty years.
A. has worked B. worked C. working D. works
42. 划线的词意思是 _______
A. returned B. started to be seen C. went away D. came in
43. Catherine ______ her boyfriend when her mother came into the room.
A. called B. calls C. is calling D. was calling
44. The old house with a garden ______ 80 years ago.
A. built B. build C. was built D. is built
45. John and Mary each other pretty well before they got married.
A. knows B. know C. had known D. have known
46. The Yellow River is _______ than any other river in northern China.
A. long B. longer C. the longest D. longest
47. Please remember______ your dishes and cakes to Tom?s birthday party.
A. to bring B. bringing C. brought D. to be brought
48. I ______ vegetables to meat because they are good for my health.
A. produce B. prepare C. prefer D. process
49. Some teenagers don?t like to talk with their parents, but I am _______ them. I love to talk
with my parents.
A. the same as B. different from C. pleased with D. interested in
50. It?s quite late. We?d better _______ home by taxi right now.
A. to go B. went C. going D. go
51. I am _______ your view on spending pocket money. It?s reasonable.
A. in favour of B. in charge of C. afraid of D. famous for
52. A: How about seeing the film Rome Holiday tonight, Mary?
A. A good idea B. That?s all right C. You are welcome D. Thank you
53. I will take a holiday with my family ______ I finish all the exams.
A. so that B. as C. as soon as D. while
54. 划线的词意思是 _______
A. looking for B. waiting for C. expecting D. watching
55. The students have already learned the good news, _________？
A. haven?t they B. don?t they C. have they D. do they
56. Tom very soon decided __________.
A. what he would do next
B. when would he leave
C. how would he spend the holiday
D. where would he live
VI. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词
57. Mum sometimes _______ me how to do the housework on Sundays. (teacher)
58. We also call the people from England ________ . (Britain)
59. Jack slammed(砰地关上) the door ________ after he was laughed at. (angry)
60. It?s really ________ for a child of five to take care of himself. (possible)
61. Children are educated to be_______ when they are very young. (honesty)
62. Sichuan Earthquake is China?s biggest ________ disaster since 1949.(nature)
63. WHO is the short form of the World Health _________. (organize)
64. _________ up at night is harmful to our health. (stay)
VII. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限
65. My grandmother realized that she was old. (改为否定句)
My grandmother________ _________ that she was old.
________ _________ will you graduate from junior school?
67. Jack is good at maths and physics as well. (保持原句意思)
Jack is good at ________ only maths ________ also physics.
68. Mary is a warm-hearted girl. （改为感叹句）
_______ _______ warm-hearted girl Mary is！
69. We will paint our new house green and white next week. （改为被动语态）
Our new house ______ _______ painted green and white next week.
70. The new comer wondered what he could do in the office.(改为简单句)
The new comer wondered what ________ ________ in the office.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VIII. Reading comprehension （阅读理解）：（共56分）
A. True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示）： （7分）
About fifty years ago, when television first came out, people thought that radio was no longer useful. Television has both sounds and pictures. It is much more real and interesting to watch television than to listen to the radio.
However, fifty years later radio is still very popular and it will be here for a long time. One reason is that we don?t need to see pictures when we listen to music on the radio. In fact, listening with your eyes closed is the best way to listen to a piece of music. You can think yourself on a sandy beach or up high on a mountain. In other words, you can create or make your own picture.
Moreover, while listening to the radio, you don?t have to take your eyes off your work. For example, you can listen to the radio and drive at the same time. Or you can read a book and listen to the radio. Television, on the other hand, doesn?t have this advantage.
A radio is much smaller than a television. You can take a radio anywhere and turn it on anytime you want. In a quiet place you can use headphones to listen to the news or music on the radio. In this way you won?t disturb anybody. Moreover, a radio is much cheaper than a television. For less than $ 20 you can buy a small radio and have fun with it.
Which is better, radio or television?
71. Television was not available in 1920s.
72. Radio is no longer useful since television came out.
73. Television provides both sounds and pictures, which is more real and interesting.
74. While you listen to music with your eyes closed, you can create your own pictures.
75. According to the passage, you can do something else while watching television.
76. A radio can be taken to anyplace because it is smaller than a television.
77. In the author?s opinion, television is better than radio.
B. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): ( 7分)
Following are opinions on the manner (举止) that people in the United States usually expect in various social situations.
Men usually shake hands with each other when they meet for the first time, but shake hands with women only if the woman extends her hand first. Women do not usually shake hands with each other.
After the first meeting, shaking hands is unusual. However, if someone offers his or her hand by chance, one is expected to shake it. In general, people in the United States avoid (避免) physical touch with each other, since physical touch often suggests sexual attraction or attack.
Although, it has been noted, first names are used more often in the United States than elsewhere, this practice is generally accepted by the rules of etiquette(礼仪). Thus, while it is proper for the foreign student to身份) by their first name, the student would be expected to use “Mr.”, “Mrs.”, “Miss” or “Ms.” and the person?s last name in addressing to another person who is clearly older than the student. (On the other hand, the old person will probably address the student by his or her first name from the beginning.) If the other person being addressed has a title such as “Doctor” or “Dean”, the student should use that title and last name. For example, Doctor Edward Kennedy would be addressed as “Doctor Kennedy”. Any faculty (全体教员) member can be addressed as “Professor”, no matter whether he or she holds the rank (头衔) of Assistant (辅助的) Professor, Associate (副的) Professor, or full Professor. Equally acceptable are “Mr.”, “Mrs.”, etc.
78. Men won?t shake hands with women until the woman ________.
A. says “Yes”
B. extends her hand first
C. allows to
D. was once met
79. According to the passage, it is not common that women shake hands ________ .
A. with children
B. with the same sex (性别)
C. with old people
D. with man
80. If the man you meet for the second time wants to shake hands with you, you just________ .
A. tell him that it s not good for men to shake hands again
B. refuse his hand-shaking
C. smile but then refuse
D. take his hand
81. If your classmate?s name is John Smith, it is better for you to call him ________ .
C. Mr Smith
D. Mr John Smith
82. The underlined (划线的) word
A. write a letter to
B. speak to
C. ask somebody to give his address
D. write the address on the envelope
83. Which of the following is wrong?
A. Americans use first name more often than people in any other country.
B. You use Mr. or Mrs. and the last name in addressing a person who is older than you.
C. You can call Professor Edward Kennedy Mr. Kennedy.
D. It?s impolite for older people to call young people by their first names.
84. The passage is mainly about ________ .
A. shaking hands
B. the manner in American social situations
C. people?s opinion on conversation
D. meeting people
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完 成短文):（14分）
When the young man starts to earn his own living, he becomes free from discipline (纪律) of school and parents; but at the same time he is forced to be , he can no longer expect others to pay for his food, his clothes, and his room, but has to if he wants to live comfortably. If he spends most of his time playing about in the way that he used to as a child, he . And if he breaks the laws of society as he used to break laws of his parents, he may go to prison. If, however, he works hard, trouble and has good health, he can have the great happiness of seeing himself make steady progress in his job and of building up for himself his own position in society.
Old age has always been thought of as the worst age to be; but it is not necessary for the old to be unhappy. Old age should come with and the ability to help others with advice wisely given. The old can have the of seeing their children making progress in life; they can watch their has been a useful one, feel the happiness of having come through the battle of life safely and of having reached a time when they can lie back and rest, leaving others to continue to fight.
85. A. responsible B. helpful C. useful D. careful
86. A. play B. study C. work D. learn
87. A. wrong B. hungry C. bad D. full
88. A. gives away B. keeps off C. runs away D. turns on
89. A. wisdom B. sadness C. chance D. carefulness
90. A. joy B. right C. success D. reason
91. A. sons B. daughters C. grandchildren D. relatives
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的
Americans think that travel is good for people. Some even think it can help one of the country?s worst problem—crime. (犯罪)
of crimes goes up and up. They often come from sad homes, with only one parent or no parents at all. There are problems with drugs. (毒品)
There are many young criminals (罪犯) in prison. But prison doesn?t change them--60 to 70 to crime when they come out of prison.
One man, Bob Burton, thought of a new idea. In the old days, young men had to live a hard